Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

beato posted:

50 Shades of Rainbow.

: Full Spectrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

Salt Lake FanX, it was good times.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Cat.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Trig Discipline posted:

That's a name brand that often gets used as a general term, like Xerox or Jello. Technically, it shouldn't be used for what is clearly a Scrote Tote (tm).

Actually I believe it's a Totes Ma Scrotes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:corsair: povraymancat dot jaypeg

edit: we should have a :corsair101: for forum ancients who Remember When

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's not as fun when they're doing it on purpose.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

rodbeard posted:

It's not as fun when they're doing it on purpose.

I like to think that the author did it on purpose just as a joke to mess with his editor, who then unexpectedly approved it.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Che Delilas posted:

I like to think that the author did it on purpose just as a joke to mess with his editor, who then unexpectedly approved it.

It's also probably much more effective as an ad if it's got a sorta subtle sex joke front and center

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

#lustminute

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

That's my name!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
That name again?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
mplow

I'm not a robot

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

amityville anus posted:

mplow

I'm not a robot

ummmm

http://i.imgur.com/12IYrBZ.jpg :nms:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
how does that much wolf meat fit into man body

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
He's crying. That's not a funny picture at all :cry:

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Who/what the hell is that behind Bilbo? It's a detached head even in the full CGI picture.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

He's crying. That's not a funny picture at all :cry:

I'm sorry that you can't enjoy some schadenfreude.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BjornOfBorg posted:

Who/what the hell is that behind Bilbo?

It's Bilbo's face, so Gandalf would know where to look when talking to him.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

No one should take freude in sir Ian's schade.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

There is nothing enjoyable about watching a talented, award winning actor's heart breaking over the demise of his chosen profession as he knows it. My feeling is that for a situation to elicit schadenfreude, there must be some element of self-sabotage and there is none here. The man is simply stuck in a room trying to build a believeable scene with a green wall and a floating head and it got ot him a little, that is all.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Paladinus posted:

It's Bilbo's face, so Gandalf would know where to look when talking to him.

I love this. I love the idea that they would leave the disembodied paper actor faces in the final shot, just floating around.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Data Graham posted:

I love this. I love the idea that they would leave the disembodied paper actor faces in the final shot, just floating around.

So the audience knows where to look.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

So is it cannon that Sonic speaks of the Pompatus of Love?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I still don't get why you'd use the actor in this to play the part of the CGI wolf. Surely the bit of shaped foam like they used in the Game of Thrones gif would have made much more sense. Or was it because everyone involved was just such a terrible actor they had to do it that way?

Also, if you know a person and they transform into a wolf and you start rubbing their head, how is that not weird? Do you rub their head when they're human? In wolf form. does he get to sniff your crotch?

EDIT: looking closer at that gif, it looks like the wolf actually is taking a deep sniff of her bits.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 15:21 on Feb 11, 2015

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean it's Twilight so probably.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Claven666 posted:

There is nothing enjoyable about watching a talented, award winning actor's heart breaking over the demise of his chosen profession as he knows it. My feeling is that for a situation to elicit schadenfreude, there must be some element of self-sabotage and there is none here. The man is simply stuck in a room trying to build a believeable scene with a green wall and a floating head and it got ot him a little, that is all.

Your feeling is irrelevant, schadenfreude is pleasure derived from misfortune of others. Nothing in that about how it happened.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also, if you know a person and they transform into a wolf and you start rubbing their head, how is that not weird? Do you rub their head when they're human? In wolf form. does he get to sniff your crotch?

The general rule is: What happens in wolf form, stays in wolf form.

Treffies
Apr 27, 2010
Hasn't Ian McKellen said multiple times that he's not crying in these pictures? Hell he's been in four X-men movies, he's no stranger to green screen.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Apocadall posted:

Your feeling is irrelevant, schadenfreude is pleasure derived from misfortune of others. Nothing in that about how it happened.

But... this is Funny Pictures Thread. Not Schadenfreude thread. Unless someone switched the titles when I wasn't looking...

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Treffies posted:

Hasn't Ian McKellen said multiple times that he's not crying in these pictures? Hell he's been in four X-men movies, he's no stranger to green screen.

He cried in his trailer though - he admitted it - but yeah probably not on set like that in front of everyone.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Treffies posted:

Hasn't Ian McKellen said multiple times that he's not crying in these pictures?

Sir Ian posted:

And I cried, actually. I cried. Then I said out loud, 'This is not why I became an actor.' Unfortunately the microphone was on and the whole studio heard.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/ian-mckellen-filming-the-hobbit-made-me-cry-with-f/291187

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Apocadall posted:

He's saying he's not deriving pleasure from it, ergo it's not schadenfreude to him. It's pretty simple, really. I don't know what point you thought you were making.

Treffies
Apr 27, 2010

Huh. Well there you go.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

He cried in his trailer though - he admitted it - but yeah probably not on set like that in front of everyone.

He cried in the trailer, but not in the theatrical release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

• Locked thread