Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Is the original post still relevant with all the neat new mods? I'd love to read through 500+ pages of discussion to find out if this is the case, but admittedly, that would take most of a day and I don't really wanna take most of a day.

I wouldn't say it's got all the latest and greatest mods, but it's still a solid resource and most of the mods there are still being updated or are pretty much necessary for any playthough, like NVAC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arcsquad12 posted:

Perhaps there are still Horses, but they're restricted in movement to the middle states. Maybe in Wyoming or the Dakotas the horses run free...

Or maybe I'm projecting my desirable outcome for the Great Khans with the ending where they leave the Mojave and carve out a kingdom in Wyoming. Khans riding mutant horses across the flatlands!

No, they're canonically extinct. That's why you saw all the ads for robo ponies n' poo poo for little girls - they can't ask for a real pony any more.

Now, I'd still be down with them riding robo ponies into war though.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
The guys working on those Brahmin Baron's ranches must have a hell of a time driving the Brahmin around without horses.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I tried to make a list with links of more minor mods I like that aren't in the OP but my laptop decided to render itself nonfunctional halfway through each one, so gently caress it just search for these on Nexus if they sound interesting:

A Light Shining In Darkness Retexture: the big weapon retexture mod in the OP is pretty good but they made the unique .45 from Honest Hearts into a generic looking metal gun apart from the writing on the side. This mod fixes it up.

LAER Retexture Pack: Combines two separate retextures, applying one to the normal LAER and one to Elijah's.

There are some other nice retextures of stuff that isn't in any of the OP mods (I think) such as Gehenna(multiple choices of flame colour, including blue-green, dark purple, and yellow-white "holy" flame), the Flare Gun, and the Holorifle.

DLC Weapon Integration: adds DLC weapons to levelled lists. It's nice to maybe get a LAER or automatic rifle early on, but I mostly like it because it makes the game world feel more cohesive.

Improved Robot Textures: this guy did a bunch of these "improved" textures and they seem to be designed for a very specific lighting mod he uses. They're good but some stuff like the Securitron wheels looks a bit off. NE sure to check out the screenshots.

True Faction Allegiance: fixes Lonesome Road's faction detection.

Unique Ulysses Temple Music: adds some exciting music to the final confrontation of Lonesome Road. Really helps the atmosphere of that final encounter.

Any rerexture mods for melee weapons? Guns and energy weapons are covered but where's my 1080p Knock Knock?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm talking being able to make one from scratch. Not scrapping pre-war stuff or post-war junk to melt down into brass and lead, but actually being able to manufacture it from the ground up. You need mines for all the requisite metals and chemicals like sulfur (potassium nitrate requires some medieval-era processing methods), chemistry knowledge and labs to make the primer compound, and machinery to turn all the raw materials into a casing, bullet, and primer and mate them all together. And unless you've got all the mines and factories and laboratories in the same village, you're going to need means to transport everything around that isn't backpacks and strapping bags to brahmin.

Calling it "trivial" is speaking from a modern perspective where the resources and tools needed are everywhere and cheap. To even begin production of cased ammunition requires infrastructure.

The Wasteland already has this technology--the NCR uses it extensively, with refurbished power armor, newly manufactured weapons and ammo, etc. With all the gun-related violence raging for 200 years, people must be using new ammo and weapons--there just wouldn't be enough pre-war munitions to go around, and we know for a fact that the NCR and Gun Runners make their own stuff.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 9, 2015

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
If we're recommending mods not in the OP then I wanna go next!

- New Vegas Enhanced Camera: Shows your body in first person and stops the game from switching the camera to third person when you sit down.
- Mobile Truck Base: A very solid house mod. Comes as either a van or truck with shipping container on the back (each has a different interior and external model). Has a pure water tap basin, all crafting equipment, and sortomatic storage integration. It also can be driven around (fast-travel replacement) by spending flamer fuel. I basically use this as my fast-travel replacer and house in every game now.
- Sortomatic: If your house doesn't have this integrated, get a new house mod.
- Speed-E Wheels: A very good fast-travel replacer by Puce Moose. Less convenient than MTB for me, so I didn't end up using it long-term.
- Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision (+ related add-ons): If you play with dark-dark nights then this is a pretty great nightvision mod!
- FasterVats: I think this makes my V.A.T.S transitions faster... I have not done any actual rigorous testing. It's not a performance thing, just the game very deliberately goes into slow motion which is super annoying after the first time it happened in your first playthough of FO3 7 years ago!
- UIO: This thing makes UI mods integrate with one another really well AND it dynamically makes the settings changes that mods like Darnified UI need so that you don't need to modify your ini. So, with this mod you can install/uninstall Darnified UI through Mod Organizer without any modification to your installed New Vegas.
- SinkOmatic: If you use the sink for your house (second most convenient house, after MTB) then this adds very necessary extra storage + sortomatic integration to the sink house!
- Sink Vending Machine: Adds a Sierra Madre vending machine to the sink, since it should totally have one and the only reason there isn't one is the DLC as a rule never take dependencies on one another.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

are we recommending random mods
i would like to heavily recommend macintroll's vault 22 flora overhaul once again

repostin old pics because i am still very impressed at the quality of the revamp in general

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Horses are dead because people ate the horses, problem solved.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Seashell Salesman posted:

If we're recommending mods not in the OP then I wanna go next!

- New Vegas Enhanced Camera: Shows your body in first person and stops the game from switching the camera to third person when you sit down.

Oh man, I loving love this mod and have been using it extensively for a while now. I've always been a big fan of games where everything is done in first-person, a la Far Cry 2-4 and Condemned, and the ability to look down and see my "body" has effectively replaced my bizarre habit of constantly toggling between 1st and 3rd-person view just so I can see what my dude looks like.

It's kind of funny because when the first mod was released that accomplished this in Skyrim, it was really temperamental and only worked on female models. Guess a lot of people wanted to pretend they were playing Trespasser or something.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh man, I loving love this mod and have been using it extensively for a while now. I've always been a big fan of games where everything is done in first-person, a la Far Cry 2-4 and Condemned, and the ability to look down and see my "body" has effectively replaced my bizarre habit of constantly toggling between 1st and 3rd-person view just so I can see what my dude looks like.

Same here (which I may have mentioned). There's a slightly better alternate universe out there somewhere where this was a standard feature in all first-person games, right from when they first started letting you look up and down.

I have a check-list whenever I start a new first-person game; in no particular order:

- Assess the FOV. Is it high enough?
- Sidle up to something producing sound and turn my back on it. Is the surround sound working?
- Look down to see if my character actually has a body.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I wouldn't say it's got all the latest and greatest mods, but it's still a solid resource and most of the mods there are still being updated or are pretty much necessary for any playthough, like NVAC.

I'd say CoP keeps that poo poo pretty updated, more than any other Bethesda game thread I've seen on these forums.

Some stuff I'd recommend -

EssArrBee's STEP like guide, which is very good and focuses on merging/making a very good "Ultimate Edition".

Adonis VII's guide to TTW + the above guide.

Bash Tagger, a script for xEdit that can detect bash tags and apply them to mods. Very useful because a ton of mods don't ship with Bashed Tags in the headers, and this makes generating a bashed patch much more effective.

e: There is also a very good LOD noise texture here - http://drumbermods.tumblr.com/ (guy who did FCO's blog) direct link is here. 4k HD LOD Noise texture better than anything I've used out there.

Also after loving around with uGrids, but with WFO and NVAC two INI edits I'd recommend making in FalloutPrefs are:

code:
fGrassStartFadeDistance=14000.0000
fBlockLoadDistanceLow=25000.0000
fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000
Basically increases the view distance without having to gently caress with uGrids. Still some "popping in" but it is still far more tolerable than vanilla.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 9, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Woolie Wool posted:

The Wasteland already has this technology--the NCR uses it extensively, with refurbished power armor, newly manufactured weapons and ammo, etc. With all the gun-related violence raging for 200 years, people must be using new ammo and weapons--there just wouldn't be enough pre-war munitions to go around, and we know for a fact that the NCR and Gun Runners make their own stuff.

Oh, I know. My point is that the NCR at a minimum and likely the Mojave as well would have to have pre-war industry and infrastructure to be at the level it's at. So it makes sense to see things like newly constructed buildings, paved roads, and vehicles that aren't sputtering post-apocalyptic nightmares of rust and spikes.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Fossil fuel vehicles would be right out as the lack of such fuels was the reason for the war. Vehicles would rely on human or animal power though there might be some rare nuclear vehicles that only the NCR, House, BoS, Enclave, etc would likely have.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Apparently all of the pre-war vehicles were electric, though, and the world is absolutely chock full of working fission/fusion batteries.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Seashell Salesman posted:

Apparently all of the pre-war vehicles were electric, though, and the world is absolutely chock full of working fission/fusion batteries.

If the Fallout Bible is taken as canon, the first commercial fusion-powered car came out in 2070 and sold out completely. Either way, every junked vehicle seen on the roads in DC and the Mojave is nuclear powered.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Nuclear powered equipment is in an entirely different league of sophistication from a machine gun or bicycle. A nuclear powered vehicle would require an entity like the NCR government to maintain it, and I doubt they would make such an investment for civilians' sake. It would be a military vehicle.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

In the FO universe fission/fusion power generation seems to have been implemented in some super simple and robust fashion. Like, they have cold fission and fusion batteries smaller than your fist. This is, in fact, one of the defining characteristics of the alternate history as compared to our own.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

Nuclear powered equipment is in an entirely different league of sophistication from a machine gun or bicycle. A nuclear powered vehicle would require an entity like the NCR government to maintain it, and I doubt they would make such an investment for civilians' sake. It would be a military vehicle.

Or Smitty can just fix you up an old Highwayman and you can power it off MFCs like The Chosen One did 40 years before NV

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Enclave Hellfire armor in TTW is almost unfair...when it's yours. :getin:

40 base DT + 4 DT from subdermal armor + 3 DT from a Leather Backpack and I basically laugh at enemy fire.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I feel like I post a new issue here ever other day :v:, but this one really puzzles me:

Ever since I progressed past the first part of Lonesome Road (the first silo) the game crashes upon entering Lombard Station.
Loading a save from before I progressed to that point is no issue, I even had some lonesome road items already in my storage spots/walls.

I did stock up a decent amount of supplies inside it, like all the gold from DM (:shepface:) and like 60k in caps and ~20k ammo in total; but that shouldn't be an issue just because I went from the first missile Silo up to just past picking up the detonator would it? Could the detonator being a questitem at this point be an issue? It really puzzles me.

I completed the first LR mission, all of HH and all of DM on this save in that order, I only now after both those other two DLC's made more progress into LR and only now the issue shows up.
My files are in order of DLC releases in the modmanager (DM > HH > OWB > LR > GRA) and I haven't had issues with them before.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
That one sounds familiar, but I'm not completely sure.

hmmm ... I think the console pcb command to purge cell buffers was the trick? Get as close to LS as you can without crashing and pop pcb, then enter?

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 10, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh, I know. My point is that the NCR at a minimum and likely the Mojave as well would have to have pre-war industry and infrastructure to be at the level it's at. So it makes sense to see things like newly constructed buildings, paved roads, and vehicles that aren't sputtering post-apocalyptic nightmares of rust and spikes.

The NCR does have the industry in the Mojave, but none of it is going to the citizens. All the railroad work and all the concrete from Quarry Junction is going to making bunkers and fortifications along the Colorado. They're strip mining Nevada because things are falling apart back home. Hanlon mentions never seeing a natural lake back in California, because they sucked up all the water.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Arcsquad12 posted:

The NCR does have the industry in the Mojave, but none of it is going to the citizens. All the railroad work and all the concrete from Quarry Junction is going to making bunkers and fortifications along the Colorado. They're strip mining Nevada because things are falling apart back home. Hanlon mentions never seeing a natural lake back in California, because they sucked up all the water.

Just like actual Californians! :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Psion posted:

That one sounds familiar, but I'm not completely sure.

hmmm ... I think the console pcb command to purge cell buffers was the trick? Get as close to LS as you can without crashing and pop pcb, then enter?
I can save right in front of the "enter lombard station" entrance, cell buffer command did not help.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Just like actual Californians! :v:

Southern California has always been desert, a societal collapse would make it quickly turn back into one. Although it makes me wonder why they don't try expanding north into Oregon. Is there another state up there?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Woolie Wool posted:

Southern California has always been desert, a societal collapse would make it quickly turn back into one. Although it makes me wonder why they don't try expanding north into Oregon. Is there another state up there?

NCR does have territory in Oregon.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

I'd say CoP keeps that poo poo pretty updated, more than any other Bethesda game thread I've seen on these forums.

Some stuff I'd recommend -

EssArrBee's STEP like guide, which is very good and focuses on merging/making a very good "Ultimate Edition".

Adonis VII's guide to TTW + the above guide.

Bash Tagger, a script for xEdit that can detect bash tags and apply them to mods. Very useful because a ton of mods don't ship with Bashed Tags in the headers, and this makes generating a bashed patch much more effective.

e: There is also a very good LOD noise texture here - http://drumbermods.tumblr.com/ (guy who did FCO's blog) direct link is here. 4k HD LOD Noise texture better than anything I've used out there.

Also after loving around with uGrids, but with WFO and NVAC two INI edits I'd recommend making in FalloutPrefs are:

code:
fGrassStartFadeDistance=14000.0000
fBlockLoadDistanceLow=25000.0000
fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000
Basically increases the view distance without having to gently caress with uGrids. Still some "popping in" but it is still far more tolerable than vanilla.

Any advice on how that TTW guide is meant to be used? I plan on following the FNV guide you linked there, so thanks for that it looks fantastic, but if I could get TTW as well that would be incredible.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Woolie Wool posted:

Once you're up there you still need to bring the water back somehow. A pipeline would be a massive project and trying to defend the whole length of it from whatever's out there is even more daunting. Regular land shipping will run into problems carrying a heavy load over very mountainous terrain with frequent weather problems, and a few water buffaloes' worth of water every few weeks isn't likely to be economically viable. Sea shipping might work, but I don't recall much of what the status of the NCR's ports and fleets is, plus the economic viability still seems a bit dodgy.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cream of plenty/posters in this thread, collaborate on updating the OP to make it updated and awesome. I want to reinstall the game and remod but like a dude said last page, I don't really want to read 500 pages.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

Once you're up there you still need to bring the water back somehow. A pipeline would be a massive project and trying to defend the whole length of it from whatever's out there is even more daunting. Regular land shipping will run into problems carrying a heavy load over very mountainous terrain with frequent weather problems, and a few water buffaloes' worth of water every few weeks isn't likely to be economically viable. Sea shipping might work, but I don't recall much of what the status of the NCR's ports and fleets is, plus the economic viability still seems a bit dodgy.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they bring water from Oregon to SoCal, but they could produce lots of food there and ship it down or they could even move whole industries there if it's cheaper to feed and hydrate workers.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Alright, so I ended up adding several new mods (and replacing a couple of obsolete ones) in the OP. New mods include UIO, New Vegas Enhanced Camera, and Mobile Truck Base. I actually ended up hitting the 50,000-character limit on the forums, and had to pare the OP down until it hit some arbitrarily acceptable count (it wouldn't accept my edits until I got the count down to like 49,400 characters). So while I'd like to add a few of the smaller recommended mods to the lists, things are already at burst-capacity as is. But by all means, continue recommending mods you think are cool, since people are bound to find things they didn't know existed--especially if a newer, better, popular mod comes along and can replace an older one in the OP.

Gyshall, I also added a couple of those links to Post #2, since the scope of TTW is pretty overwhelming and people could probably use a big gently caress-off list/guide for getting their mod on. Thanks for the links.

Zodium posted:

I've had the yearly urge to play some FNV, and this year I thought I ended up with a particularly nice graphical setup thanks to someone in this thread getting me onto the ENB + SweetFX combination. It's very pretty and very smooth, totally loving it. This guide assumes your computer is reasonably modern (~2 years), but there are fairly obvious ways to improve/reduce quality using this as a baseline. If no link is provided, it's on page 1.

(JPEG artifacts kind of ruin it, but the BMP was like 8mb.)

Basics
You're going to need the basics (FOMM, LOOT, NVSE/FNV4GB, NVAC, Better Game Performance, NV Stutter Remover, NV Configator) before you do anything else. Install these in any 'order', it should be straight forward.

Use the standard launcher Options to configure the initial settings. Open NV Configator, go to Performance. Set grass fade (4000), Object fade (7), item fade (3), everything else maximum. Turn every threading/multithreading option on.

Graphics (Optional, but get at least a variant of these)
You're going to need NMC's Texture Packs (Medium), Weapons Retexture Project, EVE, IMPACT, Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul, Beauty Pack Plus + Waster Overhaul, Nevada Skies and Improved LOD Meshes/Noise. Install in that order by following each mod's install instructions, and overwrite when in doubt.

Shaders
You're going to need ENBSeries, Enhanced Shaders (Nevada Skies edition) and SweetFX.

Extract the ENBSeries Wrapper dir to your Fallout base dir. Make sure to follow Enhanced Shaders' extensive install instructions and modify according to your needs. If you don't follow those instructions, the vanilla and replacement graphics will conflict.

Also extract SweetFX to your base dir, and download one of the popular settings from the SweetFX DB (don't even look at any of the "Toon" ones). Open your enblocal.ini and replace the [PROXY] section with the following:
code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=sweetFX_d3d9.dll
Interface
Follow the install guide for One HUD (oHUD) and get the relevant mods. I recommend Darnified UI.

Finishing touches
At this point, you'll want to copy your base dir files (not folders) into /exes/. Also copy /enbseries/, /SweetFX/ and /Data/shaders/. This will let you use NVSE with the 4GB workaround and ENB/SFX.

In FOMM, open Settings and point the custom launch command at \fallout new vegas\exes\fnv4gb.exe. You can and should fine-tune the shader settings for your monitor from ingame with Shift + Enter, though it's a bit clunky to use. The main points are to fiddle with day/night/ambient light intensity and curves. I like my days to be colorful, and nights and interiors to be proper dark, with strong ambient lights plus flashlight and nightvision mods, but it's easy to tweak either way.

Hopefully, I'll remember I wrote this next year.

Hey dude, this seems pretty helpful so I added it to the post #2 FAQ. :thumbsup:

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 10, 2015

Augustus
Oct 10, 2004

God damn it.
Cream-of-Plenty, that's awesome. I just used this guide, and boy does New Vegas look great.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The scripted event where the Enclave dragged me to Raven Rock didn't dismiss ED-E properly and he basically disappeared. When I returned to Vegas I had to use the console to summon him since he wasn't at Primm. Then I fast traveled. Now there are two ED-Es, one of which is upgraded.

I do not understand. When I dismissed the upgraded one, regular ED-E went with him back to Primm. Then I hired regular ED-E but this time upgraded ED-E did not follow.

Also warning to TTW players: once you start Broken Steel, the game will add you to the Brotherhood of Steel faction. Unless you've negotiated a truce between the NCR and Brotherhood, NCR soldiers will shoot at you!. To prevent this from happening you must type "player.removefromfaction 1d3fe" to remove yourself from the BoS faction. I don't know for sure but you may have to re-add yourself if you haven't finished Broken Steel and intend to play through it later.

Liberty Prime may also gently caress up during Take It Back, you'll need to walk up to the next barrier that he's supposed to break down, then turn to face him, open the console, click on him, and type "moveto player".

Also if you use FCO you must change from an FCO race to a vanilla one to make the Fallout 3 ending transition to Broken Steel properly, else you'll be left lying on the floor of the memorial forever.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 10, 2015

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Woolie Wool posted:

The scripted event where the Enclave dragged me to Raven Rock didn't dismiss ED-E properly and he basically disappeared. When I returned to Vegas I had to use the console to summon him since he wasn't at Primm. Then I fast traveled. Now there are two ED-Es, one of which is upgraded.

I do not understand. When I dismissed the upgraded one, regular ED-E went with him back to Primm. Then I hired regular ED-E but this time upgraded ED-E did not follow.

Also warning to TTW players: once you start Broken Steel, the game will add you to the Brotherhood of Steel faction. Unless you've negotiated a truce between the NCR and Brotherhood, NCR soldiers will shoot at you!. To prevent this from happening you must type "player.removefromfaction 1d3fe" to remove yourself from the BoS faction. I don't know for sure but you may have to re-add yourself if you haven't finished Broken Steel and intend to play through it later.

Liberty Prime may also gently caress up during Take It Back, you'll need to walk up to the next barrier that he's supposed to break down, then turn to face him, open the console, click on him, and type "moveto player".

Also if you use FCO you must change from an FCO race to a vanilla one to make the Fallout 3 ending transition to Broken Steel properly, else you'll be left lying on the floor of the memorial forever.

ED-E should go back to Vault 101 (along with Cass, her badass Marksman Carbine, and all the surplus ammo I can lay my hands on)

Also, I would advise never EVER use the reputation plugin with TTW. Totally screwed up my last NV run by making me vilified by the Enclave (gee Arcade, all your friends died in a hail of le .. measles)

Haven't had the Liberty Prime issue, but there is a hotfix for the ending of Broken Steel specific to using FCO. Hard to find but there ..
http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/custom-race-ending-crash-fix

Running TTW 2.7.3

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
RBX.esm
TTWFixes.esm
FCOMaster.esm
ProjectCloverTTW.esp
IWR.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
factions reloaded raiders v2.esp
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
NVWillow.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
CASM with MCM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Camp Searchlight HotFix.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
FCO - Willow (Cazy).esp
FCO - Willow.esp
outsidebets.esp
gunrunners_in_the_capital_wasteland.esp
Factions Reloaded Legion.esp
factions reloaded followers.esp
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp
TheInheritance.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Automated Reloading Bench.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp
TTW_XPReduction.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
AWOP-IMPACT-WMX.esp
WMX-AWOP.esp
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
AWOP - EVE AllDLC.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
TTW_VanGraffs.esp
gunrunners_in_the_capital_wasteland_1.1.esp
ttw_anchoragecustomization.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
Type3MClothing.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
FNV NPCs Travel.esp
ttw_startupmenu.esp
ttw_-_end_custom_race_fix.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.LITE.esp
weapons.of_.the_.new_.millenia.ttw_.unified.distribution.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
Merged.esp

Total active plugins: 80
Total plugins: 80

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Why would ED-E go to Vault 101 when Boone goes back to Novac? Why didn't I notice him when I did Trouble on the Homefront? Why didn't the game tell me it was sending ED-E to Vault 101?

E: Confirmed that ED-E was at Vault 101 by loading an earlier save. Walked right past him when doing Trouble on the Homefront. Well guess I have to redo the monorail bomb sequence and Dealing with Contreras since my last save before teleporting ED-E (and breaking him, basically) was at the beginning of the last part of I Put a Spell on You.

Well the problem I mentioned isn't part of the reputation system, it's caused by the first Broken Steel quest, which doesn't affect your reputation but adds you to the Brotherhood of Steel. NCR soldiers will treat you like a Brotherhood of Steel member, not a regular joe on bad terms with them, and killing them seems to cause no reputation penalty since the NCR shoots first (Cross killed a sentry bot and at least two NCR troopers while I ran for it, my reputation was still Accepted). However, I do use that plugin so the Enclave of course hates me since I killed a whole bunch of them and talked their president into killing himself. Will my Enclave reputation go away if I disable the plugin or will I have to do it manually? Why didn't the main site mention this issue? TTW seems very bad about communicating to the player, especially possible failure states.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 10, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

BurritoJustice posted:

Any advice on how that TTW guide is meant to be used? I plan on following the FNV guide you linked there, so thanks for that it looks fantastic, but if I could get TTW as well that would be incredible.

Use EssArrBee's guide, and then follow Adonis. What I did was use MO to make a new profile from my working EssArrBee's guide and then install TTW over top of it.

The new TTW installer is great, it creates FOMODs and basically makes installing through MO a breeze, so you can toggle it on/off.

Actually, since MO has been able to install all fallout mods (even scripted ones), my games has been hella stable.

Also I'm working on a Project Nevada Core + Jsawyer + EVE + IMPACT + WMX megapatch (with YUP changes forwarded) for New Vegas that I think I'll make compatible with TTW once all is said and done. If there is any interest I'll upload here. Basically keeps WMX's mod changes for anything Jsawyer conflicts with, but keeps JSawyer's stats where applicable it also removes all (GRA) tags because they always annoyed me to no end.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 10, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I'd be up for that if you can make it idiot-proof. I looked at the instructions for running Project Nevada and EVE for TTW and was like "gently caress this" and just stuck with Project Nevada alone. Well if there's an option to not use JSawyer because Project Nevada + IWS is balls hard at early levels as it is.

There is a new Project Nevada patch for TTW that adds FWE content and fully integrates Nevada functionality like cyber surgery into the DC side.

Speakng of IWS, it has issues with TTW because it will spawn hostile robots near friendly robots sometimes. I had to disable Increased Interior Spawns to prevent myself from being ambushed by sentry bots in my own house.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 10, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
IWS is a mod I've stopped playing with, since my saves started getting really unstable with it even on the base game, especially in the DLC.

Not sure what the issue was but I've been running much more stable since removing it.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Woolie Wool posted:

Why would ED-E go to Vault 101 when Boone goes back to Novac? Why didn't I notice him when I did Trouble on the Homefront? Why didn't the game tell me it was sending ED-E to Vault 101?

Because. ::colbert::

quote:

E: Confirmed that ED-E was at Vault 101 by loading an earlier save. Walked right past him when doing Trouble on the Homefront. Well guess I have to redo the monorail bomb sequence and Dealing with Contreras since my last save before teleporting ED-E (and breaking him, basically) was at the beginning of the last part of I Put a Spell on You.

Well the problem I mentioned isn't part of the reputation system, it's caused by the first Broken Steel quest, which doesn't affect your reputation but adds you to the Brotherhood of Steel. NCR soldiers will treat you like a Brotherhood of Steel member, not a regular joe on bad terms with them, and killing them seems to cause no reputation penalty since the NCR shoots first (Cross killed a sentry bot and at least two NCR troopers while I ran for it, my reputation was still Accepted). However, I do use that plugin so the Enclave of course hates me since I killed a whole bunch of them and talked their president into killing himself. Will my Enclave reputation go away if I disable the plugin or will I have to do it manually? Why didn't the main site mention this issue? TTW seems very bad about communicating to the player, especially possible failure states.

I'll just say that simply disabling that plugin didn't work for me. I said fukit, and started anew. And if Cross was with you, that might explain why they fired on you in the first place. In the way back when, before I even got into TTW, I made the mistake of giving Veronica some power armor to wear. The New Vegas main gate was never the same after that ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Is there a mod that makes damage numbers pop into the air when damaging enemies kinda like in Botderlands or would it be hard to make?