Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

Mitch "The Big Grit Machine" McGary got another double!!!

With the horrible bigs the Thunder have I've wondered for months why the dude never got any minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Is this real?
https://vine.co/v/OUIeqWZpduT

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

roundmidnight posted:

With the horrible bigs the Thunder have I've wondered for months why the dude never got any minutes.

i could be wrong but i believe he was recovering from an injury at the beginning of the season then whenever he became healthy he had no chance of getting playing time over perk and collison cause scotty makes the decisions around here

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Yeah, it's from the preseason. Serge had no clue who the hell Mitch McGary was lol.

e; McGary broke his foot then had an inflamed shin bone. They just rehabbed him for 2 games in the D-League.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 10, 2015

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Terry Glenn posted:

Yeah, it's from the preseason. Serge had no clue who the hell Mitch McGary was lol.

e; McGary broke his foot then had an inflamed shin bone. They just rehabbed him for 2 games in the D-League.

Oh I thought it was recent, that would have made it way more funnier

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

i could be wrong but i believe he was recovering from an injury at the beginning of the season then whenever he became healthy he had no chance of getting playing time over perk and collison cause scotty makes the decisions around here

Ah yeah, checked out his Wiki page and he also had a recent injury that kept him out. Good to see he's getting a shot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamb and PJ3 have a cool handshake

https://vine.co/v/OUjnHg9tZnt

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://gfycat.com/EmptySimpleGharial

This makes me uneasy

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

Lamb and PJ3 have a cool handshake

https://vine.co/v/OUjnHg9tZnt

200 VC Earned.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

chunkles posted:

How much money does KJ get?

https://vine.co/v/OUDXj07qhwA

That is ridiculous.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Terry Glenn posted:

I see. Given that Waiters is a disaster and Jackson has checked out, I could see a deal like that working. Presti's probably pushing for some sort of bench scoring to go along with Morrow and Mitch motherfucking McGary. They've already grabbed one failed fourth overall pick, might as well grab Wes Johnson while they're at it. Presti has only traded for one wing this season, he's probably jonesing to get another.

Wes Johnson has become a decent player for the price as long as you accept that you only get offensive production from him twice a month and otherwise he's defense only.

I think the Lakers would want to do it because one of their favorite things to do is find a player at the end of a good team's bench that they have a positive scouting report on and see what happens when he gets more minutes.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

Kyle Korver is shooting 85% on spot-up 3-pointers from the right corner this season.

Is there a way to find out what the record or where that would rank is? cc: Zogo

No one has all that info on 3P shots going back 35 years but it'd be a good bet he's near the top if not #1 because he's already had the third best 3P shooting season ever in only 52 games. Trailing only 1997 Glen Rice and 2013 Stephen Curry at this point.

Korver is doing for the 3P shot what Wilt was doing in 1967 for the 2P shot.

WhyteRyce posted:

@MarkSchanowski
Fox Sports Ohio reports Ray Allen will pick his team in the next 10 days & lists Cavs, Wizards, Hawks, Warriors, Clippers & Heat as choices.

Ray Allen should go to Washington so he and Pierce can bury the hatchet and start a feud with KG

Hawks or Warriors seems like a tough choice.

noun, Chiefly California.
1. barbecue.

"Barbecue the atheists."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

Korver is doing for the 3P shot what Wilt was doing in 1967 for the 2P shot.

3pt line will no longer be an arc around the hoop but a straight line intersecting the sidelines running parallel to the baseline 25' away

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Rick posted:

Wes Johnson has become a decent player for the price as long as you accept that you only get offensive production from him twice a month and otherwise he's defense only.

That's pretty much Waiters on OKC now though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dion Waiters plays defense?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

3pt line will no longer be an arc around the hoop but a straight line intersecting the sidelines running parallel to the baseline 25' away

Korver is shooting only 49% from 25+ out so that will put a dent in his numbers.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

What could be better thank Hawks Starting Five players of the week, how about NBA Players of the Week Russell "Not Kevin Durant" Westbrook and Giannis "Greek Kevin Durant" Antetokounmpo :D

Here's some award-winning clips of Giannis telling the NBA's worst player to shut the hell up:
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2015/02/07/giannisstealdunk3150207mp4-3513071
http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/teams/bucks/2015/02/07/giannisblock1150207mp4-3513041
Giannis looks much thicker this year

chunkles posted:

Good god, that's Derek Fisher money. What has George Karl done to deserve that

Hahaha

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

WhyteRyce posted:

Antoine Walker comes out of retirement, rules the world. It was the arc that held him down!

Edit:

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 10, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That KJ dunk redeemed the entire lovely year for the sixers.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
From Twitter math people:

Pop won his 1000th last night at the age of 66. At their current pace, the Knicks will need more than 63 seasons to win 1000 games.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Create the 4pt shot!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lockback posted:

Create the 4pt shot!

I don't want to live in a world where Jimmer Fredette is an MVP candidate.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Create the 4pt shot!

Korver would actually be an all star. And probably MVP

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Arenas would get offers from every contender.

And Lillard would be a guaranteed all-star.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Curry could score 60+ semi regularly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Dion Waiters plays defense?

brooks is really good at getting players not named kevin durant to play defense at an effective level

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
It was only a matter of time: http://www.slamonline.com/nba/star-weekend-feature-nbas-first-fashion-show/

quote:

All-Stars James Harden, Klay Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins are among the players to compete in the NBA’s first fashion show.

Produced by LeBron James’ Springhill Production Company, the one-hour “NBA All-Star All-Style” will be taped Friday night inside New York’s Hammerstein Theater and air Saturday at 6:30 p.m. EST on TNT.

It will have three rounds: dressing for the boardroom, a night out and attire worn to the game. The competition will start with eight players, with four advancing to the second round and the top two competing in the finals.

I wanna see Wade get bounced in the 1st round. Capris? for Spring/Summer 2016? You're out.

edit: Round 1 is "the Boardroom." How many cigars as an accessory will we see out of the 8 competitors?

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 10, 2015

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

YES. YES. YES.

e:

gently caress YES.

:getin:

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

No No NOooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOO

suckers are going to watch this and it will turn into a thing
fudge

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do they have to dress themselves or can they listen to advice from advisers.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

First round bye?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

to the fashion thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690267

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The NBA is the greatest professional sports league in the world.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

its the greatest institution in human history

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How did Bargnani look last night?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The only thing I will say is he tried to dunk last night (it got blocked).

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/status/564814106021343232

quote:

Fisher on Bargnani: "He’s a pretty fantastic player. His potential, I think excites us." Enjoy your day.

Derrick "Daniel Day Lewis" Fisher

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

http://gfycat.com/FirstDirectCatfish

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shats Basoon posted:

No No NOooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOO

suckers are going to watch this and it will turn into a thing
fudge

how in the world is this a bad thing you horrible person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

euphronius posted:

That KJ dunk redeemed the entire lovely year for the sixers.

It's not normal to be so irrationally happy with under 20 wins...is it? This team makes me feel good for a strange reason....

• Locked thread