Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Cricket's a fun sport. I work with a Pakistani and he got me into playing it last year with what I assume is western Virginia's entire Pakistani population. I look hilariously out of place if you just drive by and look at us playing it.

they're probably not commonly available but y'all need one of those crazy cameras they use for determining LBWs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

There's a poll out. Tennessee is returning 19 starters, which seems low.

That means they only lost 3 starters, which in college is pretty good.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Clarabelle Offense

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I wish college football was rigged so Ohio State didn't win anything.

This last month has just been

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pl1YU1rXuE
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Maxwells Demon posted:

So in transfer news QB Vernon Adams transfers from Eastern Washington University to University of Oregon for presumably a 1 year masters program.

This is somewhat awkward as UO and EWU play each other in 2015.

The Ducks still need to fix a couple holes on the OL but the offense is gonna own so hard

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Komet posted:

He was Rutgers' silver lining. Without him, they have nothing.

What about Leonte Caroo? They still have him and nothing. Plus Gary Nova is gone.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

There's a poll out. Tennessee is returning 19 starters, which seems low.

I love these things.

#22 Arkansas Razorbacks posted:

After losing offensive coordinator Jim Chaney, who left for the same position at Pittsburgh, Bielema replaced him with former Central Michigan coach Dan Enos. He'll be charged with improving the Hogs' passing game, which ranked 11th in the SEC with 188.0 yards per game in 2014.

This guy doesn't understand a thing about Bret "Bert" Bielema or the offense he is trying to establish. We had six listed TE's on our roster this year. One graduated, so what did we do? Sign three more. We just ran Chaney out of town because he tried to get cute and pass too much. Bret is fine with 188 yards of passing offense. The only change that will happen in our passing game is (hopefully) Brandon Allen will stop missing wide open receivers on five yard routes. The changes to the passing game are going to be about improving completion percentage, not yardage. Less pass attempts is more chances to hand the ball off to a RB in a three-TE set, after all.

The longest time for a drive that I could find is 26 plays taking up 14:26, and the biggest TOP was 45:01. I have a feeling Bret will take a shot at one, if not both, of those.

e: How much longer til the new season starts? Can it be tomorrow?

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 10, 2015

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
lol I was sure that for once Texas wouldn't show up on one of those lists. Wrong.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
http://tamu.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Commits

This is A&Ms commit list from two years ago, when we took 33 guys and Sumlin was first hailed as a recruiting mastermind.

13 of these guys are already off the team. Five transfers, four dismissals, three medical retirements, and Cam Clear went pro.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 10, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF hired Kerry Dixon II from FIU as WR coach.

Who?

Ticonderoguy
Feb 10, 2011

Elotana posted:

This is A&Ms commit list from two years ago, when we took 33 guys and Sumlin was first hailed as a recruiting mastermind.

13 of these guys are already off the team. Five transfers, four dismissals, three medical retirements, and Cam Clear went pro.

This tends to happen with big classes, look at Tennessee's '14 class:

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

After just one year we have 5 transfers, 2 dismissals, and 1 academics casualty. Of the 4 JUCO guys on that list, 3 are either seniors or redshirt seniors for the '15 season.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

Who?

Son of Kerry Dixon Sr.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LeeMajors posted:

Who?

Kerry Dixon has the distinction of both sharing a name with a man who was almost president and almost sharing a name with a president.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
It's exciting to see new tennessee fans getting online!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It's exciting to see new tennessee fans getting online!

It's hard to get utilities that far away from civilization

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think we can all agree that all sports own. Especially E S P O R T S.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Elotana posted:

Tech's 2013 (RS So & Jr) recruiting class has gone from 23 to 16. It happens. TTU's 2012 class (RS Jr & Sr), Tuberville's last, has gone from 27 to 9. That matches TTU's 2011 class (RS Sr) who still has 9.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan

2008 Class went from 24 to 6
2009 from 22 to 11
2010 from 27 to about 9
2011 from 20 to 9.

Fuckin A.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Emron posted:

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Emron posted:

Agreed

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Louisville has 11 players invited to the NFL combine. That is behind only FSU, and tied for second with Alabama. Please Charlie Strong do your magicks for Texas we need it real bad.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Tech's 2013 (RS So & Jr) recruiting class has gone from 23 to 16. It happens. TTU's 2012 class (RS Jr & Sr), Tuberville's last, has gone from 27 to 9. That matches TTU's 2011 class (RS Sr) who still has 9.

Did they get any of the kids he stranded at the restaurant to take the UC job?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Wayne Lyons is transferring from Stanford to Michigan for his 5th year.

With Peppers moving to Safety the need for a corner was big.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Louisville has 11 players invited to the NFL combine. That is behind only FSU, and tied for second with Alabama. Please Charlie Strong do your magicks for Texas we need it real bad.

That's pretty incredible.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Did they get any of the kids he stranded at the restaurant to take the UC job?

Devonte Danzey, who is the recruit most often quoted about Tubs leaving them in the lurch went to Auburn. Sunny Odogwu wound up at Miami. Javess Blue went to Kentucky.

Danzey started for Auburn in 2014. Odogwu will be a RS So this coming season. Dunno if he's getting playing time. Blue was Kentucky's 2nd receiver in 2014.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It looks like aside from JUCO's who have graduated, ISU only lost 3 commits from their 2013 class. ISU is usually pretty good about retaining players, but unfortunately a lot of them aren't very good.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean by the time you settle on going to ISU it's not like you have a lot of other options.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

INTs are up there as well, I know we led the country for the 00s.

All of this combined with a god loving awful offense gets you a couple conference titles and 0-0 in regulation vs Wake Forest :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo I've never seen those Oklahoma and Rutgers logos. Those own

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
The Missouri mascot looks confused. "Wait, I won the SEC East the last two years?"

And man that's some good company to keep.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Thermos H Christ posted:

I was curious about the breakdown on those guys so I looked it up:

Running backs: ,

Michael Dyer
- Auburn Transfer

Dominique Brown
-3* Dual Threat QB from Ohio

Receivers:

DeVante Parker
-3* WR from Kentucky

Tight ends:

Gerald Christian
-UF Transfer

Offensive linemen: ,

Jamon Brown
-3* DT from Kentucky

John Miller
3* OL from Miami, FL

Defensive linemen:

BJ DuBose
-3* DT from Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Linebackers:

Lorenzo Mauldin
-3* DE from Atlanta, GA

Defensive backs:, ,

Charles Gaines
-3* DB from Miami, FL

James Sample
-3* JUCO Safety from Sacramento CA

Gerod Holliman
- 4* Safety from Miami, FL

Pretty good luck with 3 star recruits there.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Eh, that's more like "this is why at least 20-30 kids on scholarship in your program should be from Florida".

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

I mean by the time you settle on going to ISU it's not like you have a lot of other options.

Yea pretty much. ISU is usually getting guys who really aren't P5 conference caliber, but it's either play for ISU or settle for like a MAC or MWC team, so they come to ISU since at least it's the Big 12. If they transferred, it would probably be down to FCS.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Crotch Bat posted:

INTs are up there as well, I know we led the country for the 00s.

All of this combined with a god loving awful offense gets you a couple conference titles and 0-0 in regulation vs Wake Forest :v:

what the gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

Eh, that's more like "this is why at least 20-30 kids on scholarship in your program should be from Florida".

A few years ago Iowa, as part of their neverending quest to make me angry and go against all reason and logic, pulled out of Florida recruiting entirely, even though several of the best teams of the Ferentz era relied heavily on getting under the radar guys from Florida like Brad Banks or Abdul Hodge (they have also never bothered to recruit running QBs and go back to the offense they ran in 02, so clearly they view the best Iowa team since the late 50s as some sort of cautionary tale to be avoided). They've since reversed course a little thankfully, but not to the degree they should be. I'd much rather be grabbing second tier or even third tier guys from Florida and Texas than trying to build around the scraps left over in Illinois and Ohio after Michigan, OSU, and Notre Dame get their pick of the best.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JRizzle posted:

what the gently caress

hahahaha

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

JRizzle posted:

what the gently caress

Get buzzfeed on the fuckin horn, boys

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Reminder: gently caress All Tiger Teams.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

JRizzle posted:

what the gently caress

Someone tell me which tiger came first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Crotch Bat posted:

We're on track in that regard too. Hopefully Da U never gets their poo poo together.

• Locked thread