Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

iNteg posted:

Sigh, I took a break from this poo poo because it was grating on me so hard, I need to play more this week though. Face and Prost, can I buy 6 hours of lessons on how to have good vibes again?

don't do it yiss just stay away from this terrible game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

iNteg posted:

Sigh, I took a break from this poo poo because it was grating on me so hard, I need to play more this week though. Face and Prost, can I buy 6 hours of lessons on how to have good vibes again?

Yeah for sure yiss come here I'll help you-whoops sorry I'm going to bed I'm really tired bye *exits server*

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

If there's one map you should learn to smoke/flash/play solo, it's dust2. You can beat the CTs to most of the important spots as T so it's just a matter of learning where to place those nades on the move.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Beach Bum posted:

Just watch Goodvibes.dem. All time high of vibes in that game.

this demo is peak turk so far

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I used to play a bunch of CS back in the early noughties, would love to take it up again with proper team-work being a factor rather than 12 headless chickens running around awping each other.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

:words:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

iNteg posted:

Paypal me $20 please and your wish will come true

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Taking the plunge on a 144hz monitor to get leg shots down mid on dust 2. :downsgun:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Dork457 posted:

Taking the plunge on a 144hz monitor to get leg shots down mid on dust 2. :downsgun:

Don't do what I did and use an old variety of DVI cable for two weeks before realising it locks the screen at 60hz.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Dork457 posted:

I think you need this http://www.amazon.com/263-Audioquest-Diamond-Ethernet-Cable/dp/B0073HJVSK

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

There's a huge effort-post on reddit about playing T-side Nuke. Go read it and play Nuke better so we can play Nuke in goonmans because Nuke is fun.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Dork457 posted:

I have two, I game at 288hz. It's insane how many frames I can see.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Antares posted:

E: you might try queueing different maps too. I uncheck D2 a lot because it gets boring and I feel like I get fewer dickheads on Cache/Mirage/Inferno

Yeah, seriously consider just not playing dust2. If the wiki I just looked at is correct, dust2 came out on freakin 2001. Every motherfucker who has played any amount of cs in the past 14 years is going to know dust2 to some extent. Plus there are people who queue nothing but dust2 all the time so they end up knowing all sorts of nades, angles, and other tricks on the map while having a huge gap in that knowledge on every other map. Personally I really like cache and mirage.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao I won a 13-2 T side Dust II earlier, then won pistol round for 14-2, and immediately lost every round til it was 14-13, got to 15-13, then they tied it. What the gently caress? How do people just instantly become so much better? (DMG rankish)

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Mimetic posted:

I just did an overwatch case to check, and net_graph says up/cmd are 16 so I'm not sure where you're getting 64 from.

If I found myself trying to judge whether something is a quirk of low-tick demos or cheating, I'd just vote insufficient evidence.

Some overwatch demos are definitely showing 64tic. I had 3 in a row the other day.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Akumos posted:

lmao I won a 13-2 T side Dust II earlier, then won pistol round for 14-2, and immediately lost every round til it was 14-13, got to 15-13, then they tied it. What the gently caress? How do people just instantly become so much better? (DMG rankish)

Post the demo

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Akumos posted:

Did they have one really good player and four middling/bad ones? I find that individual skill is much more effective T side, where the one good player can clear a site and hold it. On CT side he can be avoided/overwhelmed, having to do retakes or dying early most rounds.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

mcvey posted:

Post the demo

Interest thing is, the demo refuses to download, it says it corrupts every time.

By the way, one of the major hacking sites left their hack up detected for like a week lately and a ton of people got banned, so that's a thing.

edit: Got the demo to download finally, I had a horrible CT side, gonna watch it now and see why they suddenly were rolling us.. they picked B a lot when it was weak. Apparently it was 14-1.

http://puu.sh/fJSzh/185af41336.dem (right click - save as, don't click it)

Akumos fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 10, 2015

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

deetee posted:

There's a huge effort-post on reddit about playing T-side Nuke. Go read it and play Nuke better so we can play Nuke in goonmans because Nuke is fun.

For the love of all that is holy don't you dare link to it

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

aborn posted:

Did they have one really good player and four middling/bad ones? I find that individual skill is much more effective T side, where the one good player can clear a site and hold it. On CT side he can be avoided/overwhelmed, having to do retakes or dying early most rounds.

This and I find pugs play really stupid if you open up a big lead. They'll comedy buy on match point, charge around like idiots, lose, and then force up round after round trying to add insult to injury and failing. Then it's 15-14 and you're ecoing against autos and rifles.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Loutre posted:

Any other terrible Nova levels ever try and buy the Autosniper as a common pickup? I tried it as a joke the other day while down 2-12 on Mirage (on T side second half) and won the game after 11 straight rounds of instant Auto picks on A/mid. People go loving haywire after a couple of rounds losing to an Auto when it isn't buy-out round.

How long can this poo poo last? I've been buying Autos with every 5000 I get and gone from Nova 1 to Nova 4. People seem to lose their minds and play like garbage after one or two auto picks.

I had a buddy that was absolutely one of the most dismal CSGO players I've ever met, but he went from silver 2, 4-20 every match to silver elite and breaking even after he decided to literally buy nothing but negevs and armor.

On the other hand, I hear there is eventually a point at which people stop peeking and challenging autos. But it's certainly not in the novas. I've seen auto-snipers stop my team dead consistently.

Personally, I still use an AWP because there's nothing more satisfying than landing AWP kills.

In other news, after being stuck dead at nova 1 for ages, I finally feel like I'm starting to break out. I've spent the last two weeks playing pretty much nothing but retakes. I've gotten my rear end kicked, over and over again.

But I finally have been forced to learn the ranges on the AK, where I should be tap shooting and when it's okay to spray (hint for me, don't loving spray the AK out of point blank). I've learned to control the spray on the M4 better. I've learned how to hold corners, and more importantly, how to be aware when you're holding a corner while vulnerable to another corner (if you're holding long, don't be immediately exposed to CT or cat, they will pick you before your teammates will react.) And I've gotten measurably better with the AWP, from sheer constant practice against decent opponents. It's always a little frightening to blow 4750 on an AWP in a comp match when I'll probably just get wrecked and hand it to the enemies, but playing retakes actually gives some pretty good practice.

Basically, to all the silver scrubs and low novas, go play some retakes. It's way more fun than casual, and it actually enforces good habits, unlike, say, WC3 mod.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Dang just unboxed this:

First time in a while I got something decent, sells for about $14. The value appears to be tanking rapidly though, I think I'll just re-sell it and put it back in something more consistent to gamble with.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

counterstrike got fuckin weird

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
i like the background images, very esports

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
what the gently caress is semmler wearing..

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Sitting Bull posted:

what the gently caress is semmler wearing..

I think he's literally wearing the same thing as the pixel man in the picture behind him

Wait is that his avatar

What is happening

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Those background images look very similar to the ones nVidia were using during the '04 Summer CPL with mermaids and fairies and poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

real dilemma posted:

I think he's literally wearing the same thing as the pixel man in the picture behind him

Wait is that his avatar

What is happening

:stare: Oh poo poo I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out.

Whaaat.

Turk February posted:

Those background images look very similar to the ones nVidia were using during the '04 Summer CPL with mermaids and fairies and poo poo.

At least NVidia has some tech demos that use fairies and mermaids, so that kinda makes sense. This is just... :psyduck:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

It's just a cool tournament called First Person Lover sponsored by a Swedish underwear fashion brand

because they're making a game to show off their collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQxNw1GbKDk

mistermojo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 10, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Easy way to total how much you've spent on CSGO:

:can:

I've apparently spent $380 :eyepop: but I'm still at a net positive from that knife I opened and sold. :)

"You have spent approximately $519.31 USD in the game after this card set was released."

:suicide:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
A tournament sponsored by loving Björn Borg and they still couldn't find Anders a decent shirt to wear.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
So I know that crouching doesn't affect recoil which is the main component of accuracy in CSGO. However, crouching does appear to have a small effect on first shot accuracy. I've found that it's most apparent on the AK-47 or Galil at extremely long ranges i.e. Long A on Dust 2. According to the data it appears to be a 33% boost in first shot accuracy. The M4, AUG, and SIG are already accurate enough at all ranges, and the FAMAS has the burst mode that's actually really effective at those ranges, but I personally have trouble scoring headshots from goose to pit with the AK, and it's downright foolish with the Galil. It also appears to be useful with the pistols, but less so since mobility is so important on pistol rounds.

Essentially, the 33% first shot accuracy bump means that the AK when crouching is almost identical to the M4 when standing.

Granted, I can't think of many other sight lines that this would be useful on. Some stuff on cbbl, maybe. B to CT on inferno? Ivy to T on train would be, but especially with the remake that long hall sees almost no combat.

Does anyone who is actually good at this game crouch at very long ranges? I know I see a lot of pro's (especially on VP and Na'vi) crouching at short ranges to throw off aim and compensate for recoil.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

iNteg posted:

Don't ask me lol!!!

Good or vibes pick 1

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I got Ammo Conservation(2 kills with 1 bullet) with an M4A1-S. Didn't even know that was possible.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Mirage is the best map

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Stumbletron posted:

counterstrike got fuckin weird

Semmler's Miranda Lawson cosplay is on point.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

UltraVariant posted:

"You have spent approximately $519.31 USD in the game after this card set was released."

:suicide:

Valve's business models are insanely genius/evil.

Get people to spend $500 on a game that's sold for $15/$5 without even realizing they're doing it :ohdear:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Flusha.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

This Fnatic vs. nV game is nuts. Triple OT on overpass, crazy tec9 plays on cache, dueling ecos, more ecos.

http://www.twitch.tv/fragbitelive

e: olof

mcvey fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

hello internet posted:

Some overwatch demos are definitely showing 64tic. I had 3 in a row the other day.

Did not know that. Did the content seem any different, or was it just a typical case?

• Locked thread