Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

It was fun when I was still a child, and it was a semi-magical place where everything seemed delicious.

And then I grew the gently caress up and realized there are much better things to eat.

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

ninotoreS posted:

It was fun when I was still a child, and it was a semi-magical place where everything seemed delicious.

And then I grew the gently caress up and realized there are much better things to eat.

hth

But there's no other good PC shooters with communities

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Mimetic posted:

Did not know that. Did the content seem any different, or was it just a typical case?

Typical case. When I first noticed it a while ago I thought that the 16 tic demos were just old reports but it's been enough time that it seems to be kinda random.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

ninotoreS posted:

hth

I'm just a dumb baby who enjoys cs in 2015

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

ninotoreS posted:

hth

You got tired of it I guess?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mcvey posted:

Flusha.

Carl

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ninotoreS posted:

hth

can you please tell me the better fps games because i would like to play them

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

trying to jack off posted:

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
i hate counterstrike because it's ruined all other shooters for me.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I want to use the Taser thing but I never get the chance

people scream like a girl when you taser them

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Thom and the Heads posted:

I'm just a dumb baby who enjoys cs in 2015

I like playing cs in 2015 because I feel like a teenager again

brb gotta chug some mountain dew

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Its super weird going from playing a lot of CS back around the 1.3ish days to what is now CS:GO. I feel like a wet noodle flopping around these completely foreign maps to me. Like with all repetition I got really good at moving around the maps, knowing nade bounce spots, push timings, wall shots, gun recoils all that meta crap. I feel like I'm playing like how I'd watch old people play video games. No real direction or focus just kind of putting one foot in front of another as I run around. Its been fun being so bad but I hope I pick it up quick again. I haven't had more fun in a game then when playing on a full server with everyone mic'd up working together. The big clan servers were always a hoot too. Everyday you could go in and see familiar names. It was like cheers but you were shooting virtual bullets at each other. Anyway enough nostalgia, does anyone else have a hard time picking up targets against the background textures? I've upped the brightness but I guess to the credit of the graphic designers the colors blend well and I get shot before seeing the enemy. Are texture mods frowned upon as "scrubby"? Is this just a :gitgud: issue for me?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

standing on the rails at the back in B overgrown is a p good spot.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

FalloutGod posted:

I've upped the brightness but I guess to the credit of the graphic designers the colors blend well and I get shot before seeing the enemy. Are texture mods frowned upon as "scrubby"? Is this just a :gitgud: issue for me?

Up your vibrance/saturation in your graphic cards software.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
Sometimes yea, it's probably because you're old. And because reduced visual clarity is the result of sick modern graphics, everything's not all right angles with flat lighting and colors and low poly models anymore

lol Like bf4 is unreadable compared to csgo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

trying to jack off posted:

I've been playing Insurgency. It's pretty fun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

teagone posted:

I've been playing Insurgency. It's pretty fun.

i play it sometimes but i consider cs a slow paced game so imagine what i think of insurgency

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The only other fps is killing floor on lan and of course quake 3

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The only other fps is killing floor on lan and of course quake 3

Bad Company 2

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
https://gfycat.com/NimbleUnderstatedBovine

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Umm is that the new spec view or some crazy poo poo? Haven't been on in a few days.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
err pics instead

user created

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Awesome Welles posted:

Bad Company 2

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bad Company 2 is a fun game but you can't even diagonally sprint in it, hit detection is hosed, weapons do gently caress all for damage and while it's probably my favourite Battlefield game it has so many issues that make me not wanna play it.

But, smoke shotguns.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

err pics instead

user created

That is incredible. I'd love Valve to put that out. Add a spot on there to see what primary and secondary weapon each person is carrying too.

Edit: The best FPS is Sniper.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Faffel posted:

weapons do gently caress all for damage

Lol learn to aim?????

J
Jun 10, 2001

FalloutGod posted:

I've upped the brightness but I guess to the credit of the graphic designers the colors blend well and I get shot before seeing the enemy. Are texture mods frowned upon as "scrubby"? Is this just a :gitgud: issue for me?

There's gotta be some more settings you can tweak, although I wouldn't know what to suggest. For the MOST part they've done a really good job with the visuals on all the most played maps so that dudes aren't unreasonably hard to see. I had to loving put my drat face really really close to my monitor in CS 1.3 in certain spots in order to see poo poo, and I never have to do that in CSGO and my vision certainly hasn't gotten any better since then. :corsair:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
finally played my first competitive match.

Now I'm hooked.

Went 11-10-14, way better than I thought I'd do.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Clawing my way out of silver 3 but down for pugs and fun! In the group as Combat Wombat

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
So I have read a few complaints about how knives are inspected. I've found a few CH knives that im interested in, but not sure which is the actual play side that I will be seeing 99.9% of the time the knife is equipped. When I click inspect in game, is the play side the side that whos when the knife is stuck into the ground? Or is the play side the side that shows when it gets unstuck and flipped around? I gotta assume that judging from the way the handle is and how ive seen it in game, that the play side is the side that shows when the knife gets unstuck and is flipped around, but we all know what happens when people assume.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

So I have read a few complaints about how knives are inspected. I've found a few CH knives that im interested in, but not sure which is the actual play side that I will be seeing 99.9% of the time the knife is equipped. When I click inspect in game, is the play side the side that whos when the knife is stuck into the ground? Or is the play side the side that shows when it gets unstuck and flipped around? I gotta assume that judging from the way the handle is and how ive seen it in game, that the play side is the side that shows when the knife gets unstuck and is flipped around, but we all know what happens when people assume.

The side after the knife flips is the play side, they added that animation after people complained that they saw unique patterns when inspecting but got a worse looking knife in game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why can't both sides be the same idgi

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

I know that the side that you see first when inspecting in Inventory is the play side for Karambits. Might differ between knives, but I don't think it does.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-59z32-yNOJb-8CTjU-tTB55-wquLA

My first time meeting blatant hackers was on my nova 2 smurf oddly. They were reported, but also claimed that hacks are now targeting overwatch somehow. It could be nonsense, but they also had some pretty old/valuable accounts with one fresh vac ban.

The other two were smurfs but I would be scared to have those knives on me while playing like them.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I could be wrong but I think people figured out a way to get the demos to be corrupt when the case goes to overwatch.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

hello internet posted:

I could be wrong but I think people figured out a way to get the demos to be corrupt when the case goes to overwatch.

That's clever, about as clever as the workshop aim assist cheat. Give it enough time and someone smart will find a way to circumvent security.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I was thinking that the second post in the previous thread should be added to the OP of this one. It has a lot of really good info in it. I pulled it up just tonight because I was admonished for not knowing Mirage callouts.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I looked at the demo from aimbot dinkins point of view and he didn't seem to be cheating at all. He had no idea where anyone was coming from and got blindsided a lot and was repeatedly punished for his awful aim. He did have some expensive skins though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I tried to make my biggest bet ever on CSGL last night on fnatic but the Valve trade confirmation e-mail wouldn't go through. I then disabled Steam trade confirmation by e-mail, but in order to do that you have to accept that change...via e-mail. Which also didn't arrive.

The lesson is never try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Xenaero posted:

That's clever, about as clever as the workshop aim assist cheat. Give it enough time and someone smart will find a way to circumvent security.

It's also as easy to detect once you know what to look for. Simply add a hook that flags any player who intentionally corrupts the overwatch while also patching the bug. Grats you just autobanned hundreds of lovely people.

• Locked thread