Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Is there any idea how Exp+ weapon skills and Exp+ apothecary potions stack with each other? Or Rupee and Material stuff for that matter. Right now I'm blitzing my way to the Master Quest designated grinding spot (bottom left corner) and want to minimize my time grinding for levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Here, have a crappy MSPaint scribble of the route to the first of each mask (and the deku stick because why not).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That diagram is good except you should use the first Goron Mask to get the second one that's on the way to the northwest Giant, since that path is also blocked off by a Goron Mask space.

Edit: I guess technically you can do that later, actually.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

How many rupees it takes to get from 1-200.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That diagram is good except you should use the first Goron Mask to get the second one that's on the way to the northwest Giant, since that path is also blocked off by a Goron Mask space.

Edit: I guess technically you can do that later, actually.

Yeah, I was just going for the first access to each unlock item, since I wasn't the only guy getting a bit turned around by bottlenecks.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The little touches they added to this game are fantastic. I watched someone play the Zant boss fight in TP a few days ago, and almost every single move he has is directly taken from that one fight, except the part where he summons the giant Zant head...but those are enemies in his dungeon.

I love how Ganondorf kicks open chests, Ghirahim does that tongue wiggle thing, and they even brought back some of the Rupee themed moves from that weird as hell Japan exclusive Tingle game. Seriously, for a spinoff this is surprisingly one of my favorite games in the series. We've come a long way since Link's Crossbow Training. I still wish Stallord made an appearance, though.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

LordHippoman posted:

I still wish Stallord made an appearance, though.

He's what you get if you shave the imprisoned.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Krysmphoenix posted:

Is there any idea how Exp+ weapon skills and Exp+ apothecary potions stack with each other? Or Rupee and Material stuff for that matter. Right now I'm blitzing my way to the Master Quest designated grinding spot (bottom left corner) and want to minimize my time grinding for levels.
I saw someone ask on Gamefaqs and they mentioned that both potions stack with the skills.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Bruceski posted:

Here, have a crappy MSPaint scribble of the route to the first of each mask (and the deku stick because why not).

That's actually really helpful, thanks for this.

On that note, man, gently caress that KO competition with Agitha at the beginning of Snowpeak. Only further serves to prove Agitha is the goddamn worst. If I hadn't gotten lucky with some bomb powerups I would have failed horribly. I don't even see how it's possible to A rank that poo poo.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Twelve by Pies posted:

On that note, man, gently caress that KO competition with Agitha at the beginning of Snowpeak. Only further serves to prove Agitha is the goddamn worst. If I hadn't gotten lucky with some bomb powerups I would have failed horribly. I don't even see how it's possible to A rank that poo poo.

I haven't played it so I'll take your word for it, but while Agitha isn't the best at clearing mobs of dudes, her C4 without the butterfly ride (or do the crash immediately if you do) is pretty good at clearing dudes out. It's sort of like a gimpy Midna C3.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I did that mission yesterday and the worst part of it are those loving annoying hyrule captains.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Is there one specific "Rack up your KO count!" map that's especially long / has many enemies? I've heard mention of one that's supposed to be to the lower left in the MQ map, but I haven't gotten that far just yet.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

SubNat posted:

Is there one specific "Rack up your KO count!" map that's especially long / has many enemies? I've heard mention of one that's supposed to be to the lower left in the MQ map, but I haven't gotten that far just yet.

That one is the only one that springs to mind, and a bunch of those missions are character locked. I think Wizzro has, like, 3 of those KO missions all to himself (:argh:)

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
Since the Twilight Map doesn't have all that many giant boss squares (and Network Link fights have none at all), I'm a bit rusty at breaking giant bosses. Specifically, I really only know how to do it with Wizzro, Cia, Ruto... and I think those are the only three I can reliably break in one go-round. Does anyone have a handy list for the other characters/weapons? I've been trying to use that MQ map to power level people and taking about half the time limit just killing the Argorok and Manhandlas means it's almost not worth it :(

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I haven't A-ranked it yet, but butterfly bombing seems to be the way to go. Kills dudes easy and is at the very least more mobile than any of her combos. I started out beetle-dropping but wasn't getting kills fast enough; switched up to butterfly and kill rate was no longer a problem.

BlueOccamy posted:

Since the Twilight Map doesn't have all that many giant boss squares (and Network Link fights have none at all), I'm a bit rusty at breaking giant bosses. Specifically, I really only know how to do it with Wizzro, Cia, Ruto... and I think those are the only three I can reliably break in one go-round. Does anyone have a handy list for the other characters/weapons? I've been trying to use that MQ map to power level people and taking about half the time limit just killing the Argorok and Manhandlas means it's almost not worth it :(

Off the top of my head:

Ganondorf - C5 > C3 > C3
Darunia - vs Manhandla time a C6 so you throw the rock just after the WP appears > C4
Sheik - Bolero of Fire > C3 > C3
Ghirahim - C1 > C4-2 > C4-2 (>C2-2)
Lana Book - C4-2 x3

You'll generally have enough time to do 3 or 4 short combos against a boss' weak point, and if you need some extra kick remember that you can usually cancel the recovery of your combo ender into Special for one last shot before they get up. On that specific stage the bosses should die in two downs/one WPS at most. Also make sure you're in Focus Spirit mode when fighting the Manhandlas so that the one you're not currently wailing on can't knock you out of your combos.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Zore posted:

Everything.

His C2 breaks boss weakness gauges, his crazy bullets are actually worth using, more invincibility during his finishers, you can dodge out of the loving wallmaster slam and his weak point smash is now tied for the best in the game with Ganondorf/Gauntlet Link etc in terms of damage.

Probably a bit late in the thread to be asking this, but which one is C2 again?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

SubNat posted:

The one in the far bottom left is 10 minutes, yes.

BlueOccamy posted:

Link Master Sword: C4 into full air combo, hold the Strong Attack and release after landing for the spinning followup, then do another C4 I think? Maybe ending with C2 into air combo is better, I forget.
Link Gauntlets: Time C5 to hit the last part ASAP on the WPG, then do C2-3 dodge C2-3.
Link Spinner: C2 to place Spinner inside their hitbox, C5 to activate spinner, then weak combo
Impa Naginata: C1 inside their hitbox ASAP, then C6
Sheik: Fire song timed to hit ASAP on the WPG, C3, Fire song, C3. Dodge cancel the moves as soon as they connect (on first hit of fire song, not second).
Lana Book: C4-2, dodge C4-2, C1.
Lana Spear: Weak combo up into the icicle break, dodge, weak combo again
Lana Gate: You can try to get lucky and get Argorok for the powered up version of his combo. Powered up Gohma might work, too? Otherwise you probably are better off doing Manhandla combo into repeated C1 dodge.
Zelda Dominion Rod: I've read that just doing the weak combo with hammer statue works but I haven't had luck with it. There might be some other pattern I haven't found though.
Ganondorf: C5 timed for the ball to hit ASAP on the WPG, then C3 dodge C3. Be careful not to dodge out of C3 before it actually hits.
Darunia: C6 timed for boulder to hit ASAP on gauge, then C6 again. As mentioned before, this might only work on Manhandla without a special, I don't know for sure since I don't use him on many giant boss stages.
Ruto: Her weak combo twice. That's it.
Agitha: With Hasty Attacks I've pulled it off meterlessly with C3 dodge C3 repeat but the timing is tight.
Ghirahim: C1 before their WPG appears, then C4-2 dodge C4-2.
Cia: C6 dodge into weak combo. The four Dark Links doing their spin slash wreck the WPG.
Volga: I think I've done it with C3 dodge C3 dodge repeat but it's been awhile since I've tried.
Wizzro: C4, C4.
Young Link: I think I managed this once with C4 dodge C4 dodge repeat. I've also read C3 dodge C3 dodge etc. works.
Fierce Deity Link: Almost anything. I do C5 dodge C5 and it's enough.
Tingle: On Manhandla, C5 is enough. On others, C5 timed for the explosions to hit ASAP on the gauge, then C4-2 dodge C4-2 might work but I haven't tested it yet.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Probably a bit late in the thread to be asking this, but which one is C2 again?

C2 is Weak Strong, in this case this spinning Zant head that you can mash for more bullets. They buffed it to do reasonable damage to giant boss WPGs now, but the move still has significant ending lag which keeps him from breaking their WPGs meterlessly in my experience.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 11, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The best way to break weak points as Wizzro is his C3. You position yourself in such a way that most of the bullets hit the boss and it'll tear through their gauge like butter.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Internet Kraken posted:

The best way to break weak points as Wizzro is his C3. You position yourself in such a way that most of the bullets hit the boss and it'll tear through their gauge like butter.

C3 with the five fire orbs? I do it with C4, the spinning orb shooting thing he does.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I think he meant C4. His C4 practically makes the game a bullet hell except you're the bad guy.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Remember, kids: C# refers to the total number of button presses in the combo, not the number of weak attacks leading up to the finisher. :eng101:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

On other note, another common sense sort of thing clicked for me last night while playing a couple Agitha missions. I always had issues trying to juggle locked on enemies with her C4 or C5 into butterfly combos. The easy answer was to cancel the lock on during the combo before she zooms in close on the butterfly. It's one of those things where I just don't even know why I didn't think about doing it before.

Edit: I forgot to mention it before but a lot of the meterless WPG breaking combos on giant bosses don't work on Ganon since he recovers faster. I think some of them still do, though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vanrushal posted:

Remember, kids: C# refers to the total number of button presses in the combo, not the number of weak attacks leading up to the finisher. :eng101:

Oh, then yeah I meant his C4 I guess. I was thinking the number would match up with the combos Strength modifier skill.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh, then yeah I meant his C4 I guess. I was thinking the number would match up with the combos Strength modifier skill.

It does. C4 matches with Strength 4, which is Weak Weak Weak Strong.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the dominion rod is awesome as hell

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

alcharagia posted:

the dominion rod is awesome as hell

I played and loved it right after the DLC came out, but there are too many good Darkies (:v:) to play, especially with the Zant and Dorf QoL stuff.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Vanrushal posted:

That's really dumb. Don't call it a combo if it's one button.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zant is now my favorite character/

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:geno:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Chakram posted:

That's really dumb. Don't call it a combo if it's one button.

I don't know where the confusion lies here but the only C# that refers to a single button is C1, aka Strong Attack. C2 is Weak-Strong, C4 is Weak-Weak-Weak-Strong, C4-2 is Weak-Weak-Weak-Strong-Strong, etc. Those are all multiple button presses.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So about the Master Sword... I've started to unlock it at this point, I think I've got like 10,000 kills or so left until that one skill on it unlocks and I guess it's fully powered. It seems to shoot sword beams now on the combo that launches the enemy and Link follows them up, I wonder how I didn't notice that before? The beams also seem to be absurdly powerful - does it get more stuff like this when the skill on it is unlocked or does the moveset stay the same?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jack Van Burace posted:

So about the Master Sword... I've started to unlock it at this point, I think I've got like 10,000 kills or so left until that one skill on it unlocks and I guess it's fully powered. It seems to shoot sword beams now on the combo that launches the enemy and Link follows them up, I wonder how I didn't notice that before? The beams also seem to be absurdly powerful - does it get more stuff like this when the skill on it is unlocked or does the moveset stay the same?

The sword beams function under Zelda logic. You only have 'em at full health.

The moveset doesn't change at full power.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jack Van Burace posted:

sword beams happen when you're at full health, much like the older zelda games.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't know where the confusion lies here but the only C# that refers to a single button is C1, aka Strong Attack. C2 is Weak-Strong, C4 is Weak-Weak-Weak-Strong, C4-2 is Weak-Weak-Weak-Strong-Strong, etc. Those are all multiple button presses.

Exactly. Why is the first combo in a character's moveset called C2? :psyduck:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Chakram posted:

Because, even if you don't think C1 counts, it still makes sense to have the number correspond to the number of button presses needed to get to the last move of the combo you're describing.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Chakram posted:

Because it's two button presses long. I think in DW terms C stands for Charge, but in the case of pressing buttons combo is a more common term across lots of games. It would be weird to call C1 a combo but for every other C# combo is applicable.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
C does indeed stand for Charge in Dynasty Warriors games since the attacks with the strong attack button often have a slight delay for the character to charge the move, and if an enemy hits you during it they'll knock you out of it (unless you have particular items equipped that prevent that).

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Twelve by Pies posted:

C does indeed stand for Charge in Dynasty Warriors games since the attacks with the strong attack button often have a slight delay for the character to charge the move, and if an enemy hits you during it they'll knock you out of it (unless you have particular items equipped that prevent that).

Now that makes a lot more sense. I still have a hard time with that though. I couldn't tell you which Ghirahim attack is "the one where he does the Forest Temple Ceiling Drop." I just know the animation at which to press triangle. :v: But even the weapon skills use this Warriors language, so I should probably get used to it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I really like the enemy quiz battles in Adventure Mode because sometimes it's fun to imagine how anybody can possibly think the wrong answer is right. Some of them aren't very amusing, like when it says "Defeat the Twilight Princess!" and it spawns Midna and Zelda, but I like reading "Defeat the wizard with blue hair!" as it spawns Wizzro and Lana, or "Defeat the princess of Hyrule!" when there's Ganondorf and Zelda in the room and just visualizing Wizzro with the former and Ganondorf as the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Most of the quizzes are pretty easy, yeah. They do have a few funny dick moves in some of them though. There was one, I forget exactly which, but it was defeat Zelda, ignore Midna, while using Agitha. The problem was that, even when initiated against Zelda, Midna took way more damage from a weak point smash, so I had to ignore the usual strategy and just combo Zelda to death. Not very fun.

• Locked thread