Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The Harlequin Starweaver rules have leaked.
http://imgur.com/a/poSEY

Regardless of whatever comes out for the Shadowseer and Death Jester, the winner out of all of this appears to be Dark Eldar. They will synergize most with the Harlequins, it seems that mono-Craftworld Eldar don't particularly benefit outside of niche instances. The Shadowseer could still add an intersting dynamic to CE though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Captain Invictus posted:

Those look really good but 35 POUNDS for a squad of ten is Forgeworld-level pricing.

I'm not going to say that 35 pounds isn't a lot for ten marines but this is just misleading. Five forgeworld tac marines will run you 23.50, so ten is going to be 47--and that's the most basic bare-bones Mk1-6 armor, so if you want a special squad, any chapter shoulderpads or other conversion doodads, etc., it just goes up. The 47 doesn't even include bolters, unless I'm mistaken. Meanwhile the squad of ten black ops dudes from Anvil is his most blinged out, bit-laden line of notmarines, and comes with full weaponry (including a not-meltagun).

Of course, the huge problem with Anvil, if you're trying to make dudes for 40k rather than just Generic SciFi Power Armor, is that some of the design decisions stick out like a sore thumb next to their 40K counterparts. The backpacks you can switch out, but the backs of the legs have gigantic hinges and exposed cables all up in this poo poo:

It's actually arguably a more interesting design than standard Astartes armor but you can't put them next to each other, it just ain't gonna work.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How hard is it to write the sentence " Heavy Skimmers and Skimmers that are immobilized can not jink". What the hell.Also the new infiltrate rule broke several characters with infiltrate but no one used them anyway. Maybe Shrike.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 11, 2015

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Captain Invictus posted:

Shadokesh preview images:

Those look badass!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Captain Invictus posted:

As talented as he is, Mark's still a one-man show. I think it's super loving impressive everything that he's done he's done basically by himself(outside of the actual mold-making which is done in china), but some things he clearly doesn't have the best expertise in :v:

Still trying to accept the last name Mondragon...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's a Jamaican name, means Man Dragon.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 11, 2015

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Oh like you have any ground on which to joke about others' accents.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't have an accent.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Everyone has an accent, Hollis. What's normal for you is not normal for everyone else in the world (lile gumbo and roadkill basing).

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

HiveCommander posted:

Everyone has an accent, Hollis. What's normal for you is not normal for everyone else in the world (lile gumbo and roadkill basing).

Under the vom helmet I imagine Hollis looks and sounds like the Man With Scars from True Detective. "My squirrelbone bases been here for... a long time."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't have a southern accent, I have a Standard American Accent.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
You guys can give Hollis all the poo poo you want, but leave gumbo out of this. Gumbo is delicious.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's hard as hell to find real decent Andouille sausage here in Chicago.Gumbo's pretty amazing, the best thing to do though is stuff bell pepper gumbo, take the left over gumbo the next day mix it with the left over rice then stick it in the oven just like a stuff bellpepper. Really good.

In actual 40k news, have they released the Harlequin Painting guide yet or is that still unreleased? I wanted to see if it was any good. Most of their painting guides are good. Specifically want to see how they do their diamond pattern.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Gumbo is delicious, and so is squirrel.

I just don't agree with Hollis boiling the whole skeleton to both flavor dinner and get it prepped for his new Aegis.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I don't have a southern accent, I have a Standard American Accent.

I think you need teeth to have a standard accent.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Seriously y'all, don't talk poo poo about gumbo. :colbert:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I have a full set of choppers. I picked up Standard American after just years of vocal training and theatre, I lost my accent a long time ago because I trained to specifically get rid of it.

I made this huge pot of gumbo for the LGBT youth center group, I used to bring up a bunch of board games like Talisman, a lot of the kids are pretty nerdy I'm actually right now trying to get approval for a field trip to Adepticon, but that may be 2016 not 2015 as may have missed the window on that and I have to check on badges and that. Anyone going to Adepticon this year? I got a couple of them playing Necromunda and they really like card games too so that's been pretty fun. Although I encourage them toward Warmachine it's less expensive.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 11, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please don't post pictures of your toilet.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Gumbo is some seriously good poo poo. And don't underestimate a Cajun's ability to fry chicken.
And I actually find the various Louisiana accents charming. They're all so sing song and really don't sound like anything else.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nice try, but even BBC neutral is an accent; albeit a very plain one.

drgnvale posted:

You guys can give Hollis all the poo poo you want, but leave gumbo out of this. Gumbo is delicious.
When it was first brought up in this thread I had to Google what on Earth gumbo was.

Wikipedia posted:

Meat-based gumbo may consist of chicken, duck, squirrel, rabbit or alligator.
:stare:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

HiveCommander posted:

When it was first brought up in this thread I had to Google what on Earth gumbo was.

My grandpa tells tons of stories about hunting and eating squirrels. Apparently it was/is pretty common in the south.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

My grandpa tells tons of stories about hunting and eating squirrels. Apparently it was/is pretty common in the south.
And in the Midwest and Northeast. Generally any place where people wanted a cheap meat and had squirrel around. Squirrel is great (for food, not for terrain.)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

HiveCommander posted:

Nice try, but even BBC neutral is an accent; albeit a very plain one.

:stare:

In the grim darkness of the deep south.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

The grim darkness of the deep south.
Squirrel skulls for the skull throne!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I modeled my solitaire and first troupe tonight. They're gorgeous kits and super dynamic poses. I'm really excited for these models and what they'll bring to my dark eldar.

Like, seriously, why would anyone bother with wytches at this point, other than as a thematic list?

Two troupes in their notVenom supported by 2-3 warrior squads in raiders, a ravaged or two, scourges and a talos to soak fire. Move 12, flat out, survive 1 round of shooting and just obliterate anything in charge range while your warriors and venoms and ravagers and fliers just decimate everything else with piles of wounds.

:awesome:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

This thread is terrible

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In a shocking twist, the Starweaver box is actually a dual kit - the Voidweaver sacrifices all transport for a Haywire Cannon or Prismatic Cannon

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Still building this Necron army - almost finished painting what I have.

Looking to use this Decurion as its nice and fluffy. Trying to put together a 1500 pt list, but I have some points to spare and wanted some advice.

RECLAMATION LEGION
Catacomb Command Barge - Warscythe, Phase Shifter - 180

Immortals - 10, Night Scythe - 300 pts (Should I split these into 2 squads and give each a Night Scythe?)

Tomb Blades - 6, Nebuloscopes/Shield Vanes - 132pts

Warriors - 20 - 260pts

Warriors - 10, Ghost Ark (I was going to have these squads move broadly together as an anchor, with the ghost ark repairing the 20 man squad initially) - 235pts

CANOPTEK HARVEST
Scarabs - 7, 140 pts (I have 7 bases, could easily drop a few)
Canoptek Spyder - Particle Caster - 60pts
Canoptek Wraiths - 3, Whip Coils - 129pts

Currently stands at 1436pts. I could drop some Scarabs and get a second Night Scythe for 2x 5+ man immortal squads.

Basic strategy is use the Tomb Blades, Barge, Wraiths on offence. NS is support, warriors are the anchor, spyder and scarabs play the backfield.

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 11, 2015

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

koreban posted:

I modeled my solitaire and first troupe tonight. They're gorgeous kits and super dynamic poses. I'm really excited for these models and what they'll bring to my dark eldar.

Like, seriously, why would anyone bother with wytches at this point, other than as a thematic list?

Two troupes in their notVenom supported by 2-3 warrior squads in raiders, a ravaged or two, scourges and a talos to soak fire. Move 12, flat out, survive 1 round of shooting and just obliterate anything in charge range while your warriors and venoms and ravagers and fliers just decimate everything else with piles of wounds.

:awesome:

Unless the codex comes with another detachment (likely), that's going to be 3 troupes and 2 more notvenoms or assbikes and one notvenomeither.

Really hoping they'll have a super tiny foc that'll just let me ally in a solitaire or some poo poo.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
FW sent our its monthly list of what sold best. Tyranid TL-Devs in there. People are retarded.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Harlequin FOC is in the new WD:

3 troops, 2 FA, 1 heavy as compulsory. Optional 7 elites. No HQ, so no funky HQ models :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Unless I'm retarded that means you can't take an allied detachment.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That FOC is interesting. It is very limiting, but it allows you to take a ton of characters. Are there special any rules associated with it? I would still say that we'll probably just see Harlequins in a plain, old allied detachment most of the time, but that isn't even an option if they don't have a HQ choice. What?

HiveCommander posted:

You are missing out. Homemade gumbo is the best thing, but it can be an all-day project. I once ate a pot of gumbo for eight days straight, two servings a day. I was living in Calgary at the time and just the poultry smell pervading my apartment as I made the stock reminded me of home. :3: I shared it with no one and regret nothing.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Well you can always deploy them as a battle forged detachment etc.

As far as I know, for every new foemation/detachment, you can always just stick to battle forged or allied if you want.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Well you can always deploy them as a battle forged detachment etc.

As far as I know, for every new foemation/detachment, you can always just stick to battle forged or allied if you want.
That's kinda hard if they have no HQ choices...

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
The assassins can be taken as allies despite not having HQ slots because of a rule that states so, why do you guys assume this will be different?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

raverrn posted:

I think he means you can just take the Masque detachment alongside your Primary Detachment, which is legal, but also unhelpful because most people want their lists to fit tournament standard which in most parts of the world is Primary + Allied Detachment. The scenarios where it'd be helpful are the same scenarios where you might as well go unbound, really.

Personally I expect there to be a second detachment in the codex specifically to serve the purpose of an Allied Detachment without an HQ, so this probably won't be an issue. On the other hand, GW.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Hra Mormo posted:

I think he means you can just take the Masque detachment alongside your Primary Detachment, which is legal, but also unhelpful because most people want their lists to fit tournament standard which in most parts of the world is Primary + Allied Detachment. The scenarios where it'd be helpful are the same scenarios where you might as well go unbound, really.

Personally I expect there to be a second detachment in the codex specifically to serve the purpose of an Allied Detachment without an HQ, so this probably won't be an issue. On the other hand, GW.

It's possible to have the tournaments adjust and just state that if desired one CAD or Ally detachment can be the Masque detachment. It's far more likely that tournaments will update their rules than GW.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Who cares? You just take their Masque thingie. You can literally mix and match any detachments together.

Tournaments might care? But they shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

raverrn posted:

If this is the case, its going to put a lot of people off them.

• Locked thread