Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Cena hates gay people. Remember when he made fun of Justin Gabriel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Germ Incubator posted:

Yeah my last one was 25, took me that long to have the money to fly out again and all, but was really awesome. Did you got to the EVOLVE or Shimmer shows cos we were at those too. Although it's not as if I was wandering up to people introducing myself as a goon so :P

Isn't Heath Slater back in dark matches now? Anyone know what happened with all that?

I did not. I did meet one nice girl from Ireland and her sister who was also in a wheelchair, but that was my only experience meeting non-Americans at Mania which seems a shame. Even funnier was the girl tracked me down on Twitter thanks to Ziggler RTing an Axxess photo. :v:

Heath is back with WWE, yes.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Xavier's your hype man, Kofi's your high flyer, E's your hoss, Darren's your pretty boy.

Short, sweet, potent, and a far better star vehicle than a church group and either hair stylist or a non-entity.

Although...

Now this is a gimmick with legs.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
And hands!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The most electrifying hands in religious sports entertainment today!

That looks like a Vince punishment gimmick. It would be incredible for like 4 weeks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Those guys would be really awkward to watch if there was a third one in the mix.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:pcgaming:

amazing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Perigryn posted:

Metsfan was right again!

No, he isn't

:thejoke:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dias posted:

Those guys would be really awkward to watch if there was a third one in the mix.

Ah, yes. The same reason Kofi Kingston can never win King of the Ring.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If they really wanted to be relevant to current events they should have Young feud with Rusev and be the one who triumphantly beats his streak and takes the US belt (which stands for freedom and equality) off of him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gavok posted:

Ah, yes. The same reason Kofi Kingston can never win King of the Ring.

"King Kofi Kingston has a nice ring to it. Not a very nice initials though" - CM "The Brain" Punk.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

TheJoker138 posted:

If they really wanted to be relevant to current events they should have Young feud with Rusev and be the one who triumphantly beats his streak and takes the US belt (which stands for freedom and equality) off of him.

I was just thinking that myself. It would be poetic justice and Young could have a good run with it. It seems obvious, just like Rusev/Swagger and then giving Rusev the US title. Expect it to happen 6 months later than it should then!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Xavier's your hype man, Kofi's your high flyer, E's your hoss, Darren's your pretty boy.

Xavier's the brains, Darren's the looks, E's the muscle, Kofi's the wild card

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

But who's the sensitive one?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Mark Henry

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Now I'm imagining Kofi cutting a van's brakes.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

No, no no. Kofi's the wildcat. Remember how they were trying to get that nickname over for a few weeks?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He was just keeping it warm for Tyson Kidd or in case they ever hire Teddy Hart (they wont)

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"I've got the brains, you've got the looks. Let's make lots of money millions of dollars."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

That would be dangerously close to actually making social commentary rather than just going "lol, people died when a plane got shot down" for cheap heat.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Writer Cath posted:

No, no no. Kofi's the wildcat. Remember how they were trying to get that nickname over for a few weeks?

lol god I forgot all about that.

"Hey how about we create an interesting storyline for Kofi?"

"Nahhhhh let's just call him Wildcat and say it's a push"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder, just how popular is WWE in the Middle East? I remember a few years ago when Morgan Spurlock was doing a documentary on the Middle East that he said that WWE is really popular there. So I can understand partially why they want to have shows down there, but of course its bullshit that they try to shut Darren up for speaking his mind.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder, just how popular is WWE in the Middle East? I remember a few years ago when Morgan Spurlock was doing a documentary on the Middle East that he said that WWE is really popular there. So I can understand partially why they want to have shows down there, but of course its bullshit that they try to shut Darren up for speaking his mind.
I remember an interview with Big Show where he said he feels like a "real celebrity" when they go to the Middle East, since the people will mob them in the streets and at the hotel and such.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Darren Young is so offended by WWE's policy of making money by going to foreign countries whose policies he disagrees with, why does he continue his policy of accepting money from them?

I find it hard to believe that his contract has never come up since 2012.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Great White Hope posted:

If Darren Young is so offended by WWE's policy of making money by going to foreign countries whose policies he disagrees with, why does he continue his policy of accepting money from them?

#millionsofdollars

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Great White Hope posted:

He can't change things sitting on CM Punk's couch in Chicago.

Nothing ever changes on that couch. It's spooky.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

#millionsofdollars

Yeah, that was pretty much my point. Darren likes sweet, sweet money just as much as WWE, so let's not pretend he's somehow a victim of the evil, greedy WWE (in this case).

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
DYoung is probably just salty because he wasn't booked.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Where else is he supposed to go? It's not like he has a lot of options.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Has Darren Young ever worked Mississippi?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think people may be just over blowing this situation. Darren Young tweets something along the lines of "I can't believe WWE is going to a country that treats women and homosexuals awful" and WWE told him to take down the tweet, and he got upset that they told him to take it down because he felt like it was impending his freedom of speech.

I really, really don't think he's salty about not being booked on the show or he's super offended the WWE is doing shows there, or he's threatening to walk out just like the greats Steve Austin, CM Punk, and Justin Gabriel before him. It was a casual comment that people are making GBS threads their pants over.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Flameingblack posted:

I think people may be just over blowing this situation. Darren Young tweets something along the lines of "I can't believe WWE is going to a country that treats women and homosexuals awful" and WWE told him to take down the tweet, and he got upset that they told him to take it down because he felt like it was impending his freedom of speech.

I really, really don't think he's salty about not being booked on the show or he's super offended the WWE is doing shows there, or he's threatening to walk out just like the greats Steve Austin, CM Punk, and Justin Gabriel before him. It was a casual comment that people are making GBS threads their pants over.

I hate to pile on Darren Young because I'm proud of him coming out, but I really wish someone would tell him that it's not a violation of his freedom of speech if WWE asked him to take his tweet down.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
He's probably just sad because he'll have to take some days off, thus ruining his gimmick.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why do wrestling fans not understand yes he may be unhappy with his job but it's still his JOB and pays well. Not everyone can do what Punk did.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

RBX posted:

Why do wrestling fans not understand yes he may be unhappy with his job but it's still his JOB and pays well. Not everyone can do what Punk did.

What, get fired, sue his employers for back pay worth more than any of us will make in the next decade or two, and walk into another gig of his choice?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RBX posted:

I understand that, I just don't sympathize with someone publicly complaining about his company choosing money over morals, when he himself has been doing the exact same thing for years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

I understand that, I just don't sympathize with someone publicly complaining about his company choosing money over morals, when he himself has been doing the exact same thing for years.

Perhaps his point is that the company has more choice in the matter than he does?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Perhaps his point is that the company has more choice in the matter than he does?

He has exactly as much choice as Justin Gabriel and CM Punk did.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Justin decided to make a shitload less money for freedom. More power to him but not everyone would do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's not like he won't go that route either, both Punk and Gabriel withstood a lot before walking out.