Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borden
Jul 23, 2008

All kidding aside, Diabetes is no laughing matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nenonen posted:

Really, between WuMo and Dick Danger, does Denmark have any good comic strips?
Are you saying that Inspector Danger is not a great comic? :stare:

People don't become angels when they die, angels are a totally different thing to humans! :argh:

Grand Avenue

The dialogue is perfect! Now it can be rerun any time without alteration!

Marvin

Because he's a baby! :barf:

Office Hours

Tiger

Makes sense to me.

Mark Trail

2014-12-05 - We finally meet the villain.

2014-12-11 - First appearance of Bruce the boat. Also scheming.

2014-12-24 - Just two week later the plot actually starts moving. Two months after it first began. This is why I stopped reading Mark Trail for a while.

2014-12-29 - Mark, Cherry and Mr Holland are captured! Continued tomorrow.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Arelon posted:

Fingerpori with some amazing art.

First sign: Unemployment office
Second sign: Take a form that's in your own language

Huh? Well, the Finnish phrase can also mean "Take a form with your tongue" since the word for language and tongue is the same.

"Please take a copy with your native tongue" maybe? I like the pun, at least.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Inspector Danger is pointing that gun directly at his witness, finger on the trigger. Also if this was the USA, I would find nothing out of the ordinary with the post office forgetting to hold your mail.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

ok some old women this young dude should have no cares for died but that's no call to have him throw himself off a cliff Gilchrist

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Unless Aunt Agatha lives in my town, where it is a crapshoot whether the mail/newspaper/whathaveyou will pay attention to anything you might have asked them to do. I've housesat for multiple people who told me, "I asked them to stop the mail and the newspaper, but you'd better check every day anyway." And they were right.

Luann

It should be noted that Bernice also started throwing herself at Gunther the second she noticed he's "rugged" now. The other characters in this strip have not yet gotten around to slut shaming Tiff for her sudden interest in Gunther (who knows, maybe we'll end up with the girls fighting over Gunther instead), but should Luann take that route, I want to make sure that's out there.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yep, Mysterio wants to make sure to see the action up close by also throwing himself off the arch. :downs:

Juliet Jones

:stare:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

It should be noted that Bernice also started throwing herself at Gunther the second she noticed he's "rugged" now. The other characters in this strip have not yet gotten around to slut shaming Tiff for her sudden interest in Gunther (who knows, maybe we'll end up with the girls fighting over Gunther instead), but should Luann take that route, I want to make sure that's out there.
Also, we're clearly supposed to hate Tiffany for not paying attention and just wanting to talk about herself (and also for being surprised that uni is school), but
  1. It's Gunther, who would pay attention?
  2. She's gone out of her way to talk to and be nice to him.
  3. If you listen to what you're told in highschool, it's very easy to assume that university will be dramatically different, because everyone keeps saying it will.
And Gunther's smug little smirk in the last panel, like he's so superior. Tiffany actually went to university, Gunther invited himself to tag along with Rosa and then ran back home to mother after, what, a few weeks? What's he going to do now, sit around at his mother's house trying to stop her from having a social life? Tag along as a third wheel with Luann and Quill? I don't think you've got much room to look down on anyone, Gunther.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Tiggum posted:

Are you saying that Inspector Danger is not a great comic? :stare:

People don't become angels when they die, angels are a totally different thing to humans! :argh:

Grand Avenue

I used to read the comics when I was in highschool and I hated this one in particular for some reason. I cant remember my reason then, but I really dislike when artists using a cartoony style they could bend and shape however they want choose to draw their characters so stiffly, look at the grandma shes like a doll that only has waist joints.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

One of the girls should rip it up in front of his face. It'll give him his first taste of :evil:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Lila's never going to adopt you and save you from your prison sentence now, Bleeker.

On the Fastrack

Don't you have to be doing something besides just standing there for it to be a photobomb?

Safe Havens

So...all the guys are into the local dominatrix? Oh really...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Three women with no real connection besides being from around the same pop culture era (I assume) and who apparently didn't do enough to be worthy of their own memorial strip died recently, in case any of you didn't know.

F Minus

This really should have been run on Groundhog Day.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

You have endangered Sarah and dishonored the Morgan clan, Kelly. You must take your own life.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 14, 1927)

Peanuts (February 14, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

It's a Rip Haywire ACTION SEQUENCE!

Out Our Way (August 13-14, 1926)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

I'm going to print out that last panel and stick it on the bottle of formaldehyde in the lab.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

EasyEW posted:

Skippy (December 14, 1927)

Man, if I wasn't so broke I'd finally buy myself an avatar.

I like Skippy a lot, thanks for posting it! Out Our Way, too.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

You have endangered Sarah and dishonored the Morgan clan, Kelly. You must take your own life.

And thus begins the Rex Morgan cancerbean arc.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ACAB

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

People don't turn into angels, why do people think this? :argh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Angels live in Heaven. When people die they go to live in Heaven. Therefore, my dog is a cat.

It's also helped by most people using the cliffsnotes version of the Bible, if that.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"Now, *hic* where did I leave that *hic* wine bottle?"

9 Chickwed Lane

I've lost count. Is this the 40th or 50th time that Bert has threated to shoot these two?

Pibgorn

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yep, Mysterio wants to make sure to see the action up close by also throwing himself off the arch. :downs:

Did something in the part we skipped explain how Mysterio is flying around? He's a special effects artist, he doesn't have real super powers right?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Sagebrush posted:

I'm going to print out that last panel and stick it on the bottle of formaldehyde in the lab.

Brilliant!

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Well, it's true I guess.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

:psyduck:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/11/2004

Yep, that's about par. We all know your take on any criticism, Brooke.

Zits

That's definitely not going to get you anywhere Saturday night, Jeremy.

Kevin & Kell

Christ Holbrook, you're weird. I mean, I get it, but you're still weird.

:v:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I demand you follow through with this, and with pictures.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac rants and raves

The Creeps

Poptropica

Heathcliff repeats the gag until you find it funny.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Oh no! The car needs to be cleaned! HOW HORRIBLE!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I lived in New York in the 1980s. When I think of Bess Myerson, "beautiful angel" is not the first thing that comes to mind.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Tiggum posted:

People don't turn into angels, why do people think this? :argh:

It's just one of those vaguely comforting things people trot out when they don't know what else to say to someone who's lost somebody.

Some people probably believe it, but in my experience (musician at a fair number of funerals over the years), it's just more usually meant to be hopeful and take-the-sting-away uplifting rather than a statement of real belief.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Oh great - first instance of smug-face on Gunther? The one person I thought would never exhibit that face.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is...wait, what were we talking about again?

Working Daze takes it easy after working itself up yesterday.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Helicity posted:

Oh great - first instance of smug-face on Gunther? The one person I thought would never exhibit that face.

He's turning into the other one. The one who blew up his food van.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze takes it easy after working itself up yesterday.

Woah, they printed the sheet so those lines go straight down when looking at them from this angle exactly.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

When the "Kids React" Youtube series did rotary phones, none of the kids even knew what a dial tone was. Also, I doubt the Apollo radios had dial tones anyway. The accuracy of this cartoon is highly suspect! :colbert:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

that smug fat nerd is oggling that smug jock's rear end - the monitor is in the way so he can't see the smug girl nerd

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zereth posted:

Oh no! The car needs to be cleaned! HOW HORRIBLE!

Probably not even that, just air it out for a day or two.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Jesus could you be any more of a creeper?

And Jock-boy has some serious Liefield pecs going on back there.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Erotic fanfic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County is movin' on out.

And that is, indeed, the last we'll hear from Bloom County's narrator. :smith:

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The new Heavenly Nostrils is disappointing me. These are new ones she did with syndicate influence, I assume?

I'm still loving The Creeps though. I think that's my current favorite.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Johnny Walker posted:

The new Heavenly Nostrils is disappointing me. These are new ones she did with syndicate influence, I assume?

I'm still loving The Creeps though. I think that's my current favorite.

I'm pretty sure a lot of them are strips we've seen before that are only just now being run in the syndicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Phil Fumble Pantomime Theater

• Locked thread