Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Wait, who did they poach him from? I thought he was a free agent before he joined TSM. :riot:

He was on Coast up until he joined TSM but whether or not you think it was poaching depends on whether or not you believe the honest-to-god fanfiction about Reginald and Locodoco one of Coast's employees put on their website. http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2pjl0w/in_the_dark_of_night_by_team_coast/cmxe15n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Was Jesiz the guy saying he outclassed Froggen? I mean, hot drat. Forgiven is talking similar trash all the time, but he can consistently back it up with poo poo like a 64 KDA.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Jonny Angel posted:

Was Jesiz the guy saying he outclassed Froggen? I mean, hot drat. Forgiven is talking similar trash all the time, but he can consistently back it up with poo poo like a 64 KDA.

I don't know, Jesiz is the guy who is 4'10", and 4' of that is his forehead + chin. He basically looks like Peter Dinklage's less attractive & less talented clone.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Previous Jesus posted:

He was on Coast up until he joined TSM but whether or not you think it was poaching depends on whether or not you believe the honest-to-god fanfiction about Reginald and Locodoco one of Coast's employees put on their website. http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2pjl0w/in_the_dark_of_night_by_team_coast/cmxe15n

quote:

“I didn’t say there wouldn’t be repercussions, I’m just saying contracts of amateur players are not protected under LCS or Riot,” Nick clarified.

All Reginald could see in his one track mind was a flashing green light.

“Ok, thanks Nick."

yeah, i can see it

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Previous Jesus posted:

Esportsexpress made fun of the elements fanfiction but this is way funnier.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Meteos is the best crabber of all the western junglers.

Sven is probably tops right now.

I agree with this.

Rush has tons of potential and I think he could end up the best jungler in NA this split.

The best jungler in the world is still Dandy and it's not that close.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Faker is playing next in this Korean solo lane tournament thing http://www.azubu.tv/azubu

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah, i can see it

4/10, metaphors are not nearly mixed enough

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Sexpansion posted:

Faker is playing next in this Korean solo lane tournament thing http://www.azubu.tv/azubu

I missed Faker's match, but I DID just see Cain win a solo lane as Leona, so learn something new every day I guess.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

exethan posted:

the rumors that Jesiz wanted to create a superteam

Every time I hear the word "superteam" alarm bells goes off in my head, reminding me of how well every team Alex Ich has been on since Gambit went.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Alcatrash posted:

Every time I hear the word "superteam" alarm bells goes off in my head, reminding me of how well every team Alex Ich has been on since Gambit went.

To be fair, NIP was really, really good when Alex was playing top lane and they had Nuke and Mithy. Then they got banned for a year.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Speaking of junglers, Kelsey Moser wrote an insightful piece about how IWDominate's jungle career has been influenced by playing constantly with Voyboy and what he has to do now that Voy is gone.

Its always interesting seeing a player's career looked at from a new perspective like that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Im trying to watch the 1v1 tourney thing and good lord azubu is trash. It will just randomly transform the 4 hour long Day 1 rebroadcast into a 40 minute GBM vs Zefa match that I can't escape from.

From what I managed to watch of day 1 Marin had a really cool play: He was Nunu vs Vlad and vlad was grinding him down, so he flashes into the middle of the lane and ults while Vlad is in his pool. When vlad comes up from the pool he bursts the max charge ult and instakills him. Really great.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 10, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I would not be at all surprised if Marin wins that tournament. Here's hoping for the Marin - Faker final.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

I would not be at all surprised if Marin wins that tournament. Here's hoping for the Marin - Faker final.

Both finalists go home knowing their jungler is Bengi.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Savage Cracker posted:

Both finalists go home knowing their jungler is Bengi.

SKT only has themselves to blame. They passed up Swift, Rush, H0r0 and ReignOver so they could keep Bengi.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

AdjectiveNoun posted:

SKT only has themselves to blame. They passed up Swift, Rush, H0r0 and ReignOver so they could keep Bengi.

I thought originally they kept Impact, Bengi, & Faker because they needed 3 players to maintain their spot in OGN. Then they changed the OGN to LCK and obviously they merged S & K, by which point Swift was not an option. Thats when they tried out Rush & Reignover. Man, they need to do something though. Toilet is really hurting them.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
If only Bengi hadn't been somewhat decent in the pre season :v:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
ESEX delivers again (MYM satire)

The picture and the closing paragraphs are strong work.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I wonder what the buyout is for a guy like Swift. I have no idea how League contracts work. Most of my contract experience for sports is with baseball where they are 100% guaranteed so players with nice contracts basically never tear them up.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGNi1CW-C8I

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Listening to QTPie shill Skillcapped.com is loving hilarious.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AnonSpore posted:

Listening to QTPie shill Skillcapped.com is loving hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-bxHI57dto#t=30

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think qtpie is much happier now that he's not in the LCS. He just always seems so happy even when he's losing.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
To anyone who's watching CJ vs IM, what the hell happened in that bot lane TP gank? Rumble seemed to fire the Equalizer it went on cooldown but then it never seemed to land anywhere. He wasn't interrupted.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Aumanor posted:

To anyone who's watching CJ vs IM, what the hell happened in that bot lane TP gank? Rumble seemed to fire the Equalizer it went on cooldown but then it never seemed to land anywhere. He wasn't interrupted.

I watched it and it just seemed to dissappear! Weird

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Shot off the screen apparently? Oops.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Bomb those green hills, they're too beautiful for this (game) world.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Etrips posted:

Does the game let you do that (not something i've tried)? If so that's pretty fantastically bad of Shy.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Etrips posted:

I've rewatched it a couple of times and I haven't noticed a single red circle anywhere. Even if he fired if offscreen, a part of it should still be vivible, shouldn't it? I'm not certain it even played a sound.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
That quality 3rd Lulu ban from CJ :bravo:

e: Lux pick!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 11, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
The gently caress is this fight.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Space? SPACE! SSSSPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
(I am so sorry*)
*I am not

E: But really, CJ is looking awfully sloppy compared to their play in the first few weeks.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 11, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Aumanor posted:

Space? SPACE! SSSSPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
(I am so sorry*)
*I am not

Kelsey Moser ‏@karonmoser 5m5 minutes ago
I feel like Space was a bad naming decision.

But I suppose "Easily Catchable Object" passes the character limit.

Aumanor posted:

E: But really, CJ is looking awfully sloppy compared to their play in the first few weeks.

I think this is the CJ we were all expecting.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Good earlygame from CJ put the game beyond throwing distance despite Space trying his best to give it away.

Still, that sloppiness was pretty cringeworthy.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Ummm, so I've looked at LCK's full schedule for the first time, and man, the system is really weird.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
That was some grade A cheddar from Wisdom - worked nicely though.

And then he buys a sightstone and still tries to duel, not the best idea

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 11, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ambition the master baiter

edit: Holy poo poo the rift walking :stare:

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 11, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looking forward to this week of LCS, I'm curious about how Roccat vs UoL will shake out. They're both looking like they could take the 4th place spot behind SK/FNC/EL. Who do people got in that matchup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jonny Angel posted:

Looking forward to this week of LCS, I'm curious about how Roccat vs UoL will shake out. They're both looking like they could take the 4th place spot behind SK/FNC/EL. Who do people got in that matchup?
They're pretty evenly matched in top and bottom lane. Roccat has the better Jungler (By miles) but NukeDuck hasn't been living up to all the pre-season hype and looks about neck and neck with Power of Evil (With PoE edging ahead a bit imo)

• Locked thread