Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good drat thing we don't have AGE to worry about very much in Build Fighters Try and can talk about it in the regular Gundam thread instead so we don't have to poo poo this one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
What time during the day do the episodes usually show up?

Caros
May 14, 2008

KaosMachina posted:

Within the next eight hours. They're usually not up before I go to bed, so I'd say probably 4-7 hours from now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

KaosMachina posted:

3 hours for Japan broadcast, 5 hours for Youtube

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

11AM UTC for the Youtube upload, if you want an exact time.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

No idea how you actually embed youtube in to a post but here's the newest episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcyas4ux6ho

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah Real Mode! Disappointed that Real Mode didn't get more of a showing. I was hoping for "Fumina pwns on her own", but they've really been hammering how they need to work as a team so I guess I can't be too annoyed. And at least she got the kill shot.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I had no idea Real Mode was a thing, in case model details spoiled it elsewhere. Kinda blew my mind when it appeared though.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Laughing my fool head off with the reveal that the Real Mode ALSO uses multiple GN Drives.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Astro Nut posted:

I had no idea Real Mode was a thing, in case model details spoiled it elsewhere. Kinda blew my mind when it appeared though.

She mentioned it to the guys during the brain storm session in that one episode and a lot of people assumed it given the backpack.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

She mentioned it to the guys during the brain storm session in that one episode and a lot of people assumed it given the backpack.

Aaaah, fair deuce. Must've slipped my mind.

Also I realise it had been kinda obvious, but I loved the little confirmation that the Try Burning was built for Reiji. Can't help but imagine Sei making the choice to leave it behind after his graduation.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Stupid Prediction: Reiji is the Master of the Dimensional King School. Mr. & Mrs. Meatbun have been trying to find Sei, but neither of them have any goddamn idea where he lives (and he's not IN Japan right now) and are both.. just a little bit endearingly stupid.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Gearhead posted:

Stupid Prediction: Reiji is the Master of the Dimensional King School. Mr. & Mrs. Meatbun have been trying to find Sei, but neither of them have any goddamn idea where he lives (and he's not IN Japan right now) and are both.. just a little bit endearingly stupid.

I'll see your Stupid Prediction and raise it to new heights of stupid: The Master of the Dimensional King School is Reiji's Father and going off and being a martial artist instructor is what he does to avoid his kingly duties back home. He'll just happen to know Ral for some reason.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really love that the Winning Beam is in the shape of a W and shoots out of the v-fin. One step closer to the Try Getter Gundam.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Winning Beam loving owns. Might end up buying 2 models just for dual posing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That was a good episode. It was mostly an episode-long fight but it was a good fight with actual teamwork and everything! and a fight didn't end with Jigen Haoh, but rather with Fumina getting a badass kill!

Disappointed that the Real Mode didn't do anything but pose and shoot a beam though.

Edit: Actually, I'm also disappointed in how the Build Burning being finally damaged was resolved. Sei coming in offscreen and handing over a trunk full of parts sort of weakens the drama. Even the post-credit thing doesn't make ti any more exciting because A) We see that Sleggar saves him and B) We see the fully repaired Burning Try in the preview.

Although Junya is piloting a Build Burning alike isn't he? So maybe not all the parts get recovered, just enough to repair Build, or maybe Yuuma was angstfesting for nothing and he could repair the Build Burning without them.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 11, 2015

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Holy poo poo Fumina, your gunpla is beautiful :allears:. Episode still had too much Sekai plot powers for my taste though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: Actually, I'm also disappointed in how the Build Burning being finally damaged was resolved. Sei coming in offscreen and handing over a trunk full of parts sort of weakens the drama. Even the post-credit thing doesn't make ti any more exciting because A) We see that Sleggar saves him and B) We see the fully repaired Burning Try in the preview.

Although Junya is piloting a Build Burning alike isn't he? So maybe not all the parts get recovered, just enough to repair Build.

I disagree. It actually strengthened the Build Burning being a far superior custom job. Shia and Yuuma might have the skills to tinker and modify it, but neither has the talent to rebuild it from scratch.

Anyone else amused by the triplet's Huey/Dewey/Louie general colour scheme on their clothes and Gunpla?

DigitalRaven posted:

gently caress yeah Real Mode! Disappointed that Real Mode didn't get more of a showing. I was hoping for "Fumina pwns on her own", but they've really been hammering how they need to work as a team so I guess I can't be too annoyed. And at least she got the kill shot.

We probably just got a brief preview because the writers know everyone's figured out the gimmick by now (lets face it, they could've just broken out that badass sword for the job), and it'll get a proper showing against Shia.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 11, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Dark Burning seems to be an evil fusion of AGE-2 Normal, several Vegan mechs and Freedom. Just going by styling.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 11, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wait, Jun-nii? Did I hear that right?

That aside, this episode was pretty good! I liked having Sekai for once being the one to sacrifice himself in order to open the path for the other 2 to finish the job.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pureauthor posted:

Wait, Jun-nii? Did I hear that right?

That aside, this episode was pretty good! I liked having Sekai for once being the one to sacrifice himself in order to open the path for the other 2 to finish the job.

You're reading too much into it; They're both students of the same master.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I disagree. It actually strengthened the Build Burning being a far superior custom job. Shia and Yuuma might have the skills to tinker and modify it, but neither has the talent to rebuild it from scratch.

That's the problem though. It undercuts the teamwork. It becomes "Seikai has a far-superior Gundam he got from a guy he never met who continues to send along parts, Fumina and Yuuki and all their rivals build their own high-class super Gundams.

It inherently means that Tryon-3, Star Winning, Lightning, G-Portent, all of them are shittier robots than Sekai's found one. (Maybe not Shia's since she is stated to be a better builder than Yuuma.) It's basically putting forth the idea Sekai is winning not because of his high-effort but because he found a super-Gundam better than all other Super-Gundams.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

A bit miffed that Yuuma wasn't the one to break through the ceiling and give a speech about not fighting for revenge. I'm tired of seeing Sei be the cool guy that is always right and sets up victories even when he loses.

Everything else was pretty good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

That's the problem though. It undercuts the teamwork. It becomes "Seikai has a far-superior Gundam he got from a guy he never met who continues to send along parts, Fumina and Yuuki and all their rivals build their own high-class super Gundams.

It inherently means that Tryon-3, Star Winning, Lightning, G-Portent, all of them are shittier robots than Sekai's found one. (Maybe not Shia's since she is stated to be a better builder than Yuuma.) It's basically putting forth the idea Sekai is winning not because of his high-effort but because he found a super-Gundam better than all other Super-Gundams.

The difference is that they've always sold the Build Burning as a World Tournament-tier Gunpla compared to the National/Regional-Tier ones we've seen thus far. It makes a hell of a lot more sense that the Star Winning and Lightning are somewhat weaker, because it's Fumina and Yuuma's first time hitting the Nationals. Remember, the first season didn't break out the serious particle-manipulation until the World Tournament and things have only advanced since then. The Build Burning Gundam's probably average compared to what might be lurking in the World Tournament now.

It being the all-winning super-powered Gundam was a major problem in the regionals writing-wise, but now that we're in the Nationals we're starting to see contenders that can actually kick its teeth in.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 11, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The difference is that they've always sold the Build Burning as a World Tournament-tier Gunpla compared to the National/Regional-Tier ones we've seen thus far. It makes a hell of a lot more sense that the Star Winning and Lightning are somewhat weaker, because it's Fumina and Yuuma's first time hitting the Nationals. Remember, the first season didn't break out the serious particle-manipulation until the World Tournament and things have only advanced since then. The Build Burning Gundam's probably average compared to what might be lurking in the World Tournament now.

It doesn't matter if it makes sense. It matters that it undercuts the drama. It's like a racing anime where one guy is driving a NASCAR supercar and everyone else is in regular cars. It weakens his opponents by emphasizing they're not actually that strong and it weakens his own victories by implying they're just riding on the strength of a Gunpla from an entirely different league.

Also did anyone notice this during the Winning Beam?
http://i.imgur.com/sYlc4Yf.jpg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

It doesn't matter if it makes sense. It matters that it undercuts the drama. It's like a racing anime where one guy is driving a NASCAR supercar and everyone else is in regular cars. It weakens his opponents by emphasizing they're not actually that strong and it weakens his own victories by implying they're just riding on the strength of a Gunpla from an entirely different league.

Also did anyone notice this during the Winning Beam?
http://i.imgur.com/sYlc4Yf.jpg

I fully agree that it was a problem with the Regionals, but it's pretty obvious that that's not working anymore and Sekai needs to put effort in. We're only at the second match of the National Tournament, and Team Try Fighters very nearly got its poo poo pushed in even with two Jigen Haoh moves. One of which was outright countered and broke the BBG's arm in the process with little effort. Even the Phoenix move, which pretty obviously takes a lot out of Sekai, only broke its shields. It only gets harder from here on too because they're coming up against the teams that have actually reached the World Cup level.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Honestly didn't think this episode was that great, and it showcases again how Sekai is such an awful character. It still felt pretty budget and the opponents remained uninteresting even after their (stupid) motivation came out. Real mode Star Winning was cool, though. Wish we had gotten a better shot of it. Lightning also actually did something.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I was hoping Yuuma would get socked in the face the moment he finished his sentence during the stinger.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

chumbler posted:

It still felt pretty budget and the opponents remained uninteresting even after their (stupid) motivation came out.

I think the reveal in the previous episode of a dragon transformation and the Winning's were showcased for what was a pretty lackluster fight.

And I know it's an anime trope that people have to discuss their motivations to fight, and the 'way you fight speaks to me' crap, but really they really need to shut the gently caress up about it already.

Also I think the Burning being made for Reiji is total BS. Reiji used guns, because in the tournament level where it was 1 vs. 1 you need to be well rounded. Having a pure melee fighter works as part of a team that has other people specializing to make up the difference. So Sei decided to hamstring Reiji if he ever returned to fight?

Also Im not looking forward to another season if it happens because you know they have to have something even more ridiculous than nocebo effect if they do. How about a guy who powers up his ki like Goku before he gunpla battles so that he can transfer that energy to his mobile suit? Then we can have discussions about power levels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I fully agree that it was a problem with the Regionals, but it's pretty obvious that that's not working anymore and Sekai needs to put effort in. We're only at the second match of the National Tournament, and Team Try Fighters very nearly got its poo poo pushed in even with two Jigen Haoh moves. One of which was outright countered and broke the BBG's arm in the process with little effort. Even the Phoenix move, which pretty obviously takes a lot out of Sekai, only broke its shields. It only gets harder from here on too because they're coming up against the teams that have actually reached the World Cup level.

That's the problem though. Rather than "Sekai is facing talented opponents but matching up to it with his own skill" it's "Sekai is losing even with a big handicap."

chumbler posted:

Honestly didn't think this episode was that great, and it showcases again how Sekai is such an awful character. It still felt pretty budget and the opponents remained uninteresting even after their (stupid) motivation came out. Real mode Star Winning was cool, though. Wish we had gotten a better shot of it. Lightning also actually did something.

I'm probably giving it more of a pass than it deserves because Fumina finally got to be effective and cool against something besides a nameless mookponent, and I like Real Winning Gundam.

Blackchamber posted:

Also Im not looking forward to another season if it happens because you know they have to have something even more ridiculous than nocebo effect if they do. How about a guy who powers up his ki like Goku before he gunpla battles so that he can transfer that energy to his mobile suit? Then we can have discussions about power levels.

Assimilation is really dumb. It's a straight-up powerup and doesn't make sense. The nocebo effect is stupidly inconsistent. The last episode they showed the Sekai took real physical injury from a scratch to his cheek. This episode he blew up an arm and just needed some bedrest. I think they realized that they couldn't do the full-damage thing with the way they like to write fights and just toned it back to "Sekai faints after a fight" which is... eeeh.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 11, 2015

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Seriously, Star Winning was so much cooler this ep. Real Mode was cool and all Super Robot-y and glad Fumina got to close out the fight.

Kinda wanted Sei to actually hand over the Gunpla though, instead of just having China do it. Give 'em a proper cameo. Bah, oh well.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The real question is if you die in Gunpla Battle do you die in real life?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Assimilation is really dumb. It's a straight-up powerup and doesn't make sense. The nocebo effect is stupidly inconsistent. The last episode they showed the Sekai took real physical injury from a scratch to his cheek. This episode he blew up an arm and just needed some bedrest. I think they realized that they couldn't do the full-damage thing with the way they like to write fights and just toned it back to "Sekai faints after a fight" which is... eeeh.

I'd say they toned it down to it just feels like it actually happens while Assimilation is active. When the pain suddenly stops it probably throws his body for a loop, but some rest and it'll subside.

StrifeHira posted:

Seriously, Star Winning was so much cooler this ep. Real Mode was cool and all Super Robot-y and glad Fumina got to close out the fight.

Kinda wanted Sei to actually hand over the Gunpla though, instead of just having China do it. Give 'em a proper cameo. Bah, oh well.

They've been really trying to avoid bringing back core characters from season one so Try can be its own thing, iirc. I still think Sei should turn up towards/at the end though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I'm probably giving it more of a pass than it deserves because Fumina finally got to be effective and cool against something besides a nameless mookponent, and I like Real Winning Gundam.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on Fumina getting to do stuff (even if it was just two hits because Sekai has to take the spotlight naturally) being a good thing and Star Winning has only further cemented its place as the coolest new gunpla with Real Mode and easily the most interesting one in the team, but this was a bad episode because nothing of any value actually happened. The opponents were uninteresting, the dragon transformation did basically nothing except continue to prove the law that Mobile Armors Suck, and the one thing that could have given the episode purpose, Try Build Burning taking damage that Yuuma can't repair or would need to improve himself to fix, is hand waved away. Also Sei is apparently a giant piece of poo poo, sending his girlfriend on like a 16 hour flight just to hand deliver some toy parts instead of attending her own exhibition.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on Fumina getting to do stuff (even if it was just two hits because Sekai has to take the spotlight naturally) being a good thing and Star Winning has only further cemented its place as the coolest new gunpla with Real Mode and easily the most interesting one in the team, but this was a bad episode because nothing of any value actually happened. The opponents were uninteresting, the dragon transformation did basically nothing except continue to prove the law that Mobile Armors Suck, and the one thing that could have given the episode purpose, Try Build Burning taking damage that Yuuma can't repair or would need to improve himself to fix, is hand waved away. Also Sei is apparently a giant piece of poo poo, sending his girlfriend on like a 16 hour flight just to hand deliver some toy parts instead of attending her own exhibition.

That was one part I thought was pretty bad; Sei only sent one complete set of parts :v:.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That isn't a set of spare parts. It basically seems to be a whole Build Burning. :stare: I'm actually a bit disappointed that Sei is just fixing the whole "How will we repair it?" question that way. It'd be cooler if Yuuma and Fumina had to fix it themselves (maybe with some minor help from Sekai). Though I guess that still might happen if Junya's flunkies manage to steal some or all of it regardless of Sleggar showing up.

That said, yeah, kind of a dick thing for Sei to do. Surely overnight express shipping and a letter would've been both cheaper and kinder to his girlfriend. Speaking of China, was I the only one who was trying to get a good look at her left hand, hoping to see a ring? :v: Sadly you don't get a clear view of it.

And yeah, Fumina and Star Winning were awesome.

[edit] Do you think Sei just has small cases like that sitting around his apartment in France or whatever that house spare gundams? Also, I like the implication that Sei was able to just slap together an entire new Build Burning in whatever amount of time there is between their first match and their second one.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 11, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

chumbler posted:

Well given that it pretty much beat the Try Burning in a straight fight I'm going to have to disagree with the notion that the SDG dragon continued the trend of Mobile Armours sucking.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

Except it's not being handwaved away! Like the ending and the fact that evil-martial arts dude's unit is what it is is such an obvious tell as to what happens to all least MOST of those parts. It's all a set up to explain how he's got a unit that is just a refit of a Sei original design.

At most Yuuma will grab a part or two to pull TBB into roughly fighting shape but that poo poo is all going to the bad guy.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 11, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm guessing that Junya makes off with the frame at the least. Hence why it has a very different looking external appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I'm sorry...

• Locked thread