Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

drat, people take their kart racers seriously. :raise: I love both series, some people don't, we all have Opinions and that's okay; now let's all make up with hugs and kisses from dream Woolie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why is there always that one dude who doesn't read any of the posts and just assumes everyone is mad as if they are the great unifier between the two sides

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Why is there always that one dude who doesn't read any of the posts and just assumes everyone is mad as if they are the great unifier between the two sides

Wait, you actually read the posts during thread arguments?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I participated, so I am obligated to just this one time. :p

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maybe if there was a best friends dlc in sonics cart racer it would curry favor with Matt

Seriously though it's fine if you hate it or like it, different strokes. I thought the single player sucked poo poo because it was hard as gently caress (I never bothered unlocking a handful of characters) but thought the online was pretty ok.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

5 seconds into the Strafe video and it's already peaked. Nothing will beat the 2 second shot of that sweet rear end NWO OUTSIDERS banner next to the mom.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Commissar Ken posted:

5 seconds into the Strafe video and it's already peaked. Nothing will beat the 2 second shot of that sweet rear end NWO OUTSIDERS banner next to the mom.

Ha! I just noticed that the other day after watching the commercial for the 12th time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ippo was really good, matt. Thank you for never shutting up about it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Ha! I just noticed that the other day after watching the commercial for the 12th time.

You just know someone on the dev team just had that hanging in their house and brought it into the filming

e: yo matt is there an ETA on the let's watch of the thing that is definitely not fatal fury (watch this be mentioned on the podcast I haven't listened to yet and I look a fool)

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 10, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How do you guys always miss the best news last-minute, who freaked out when they found out Spidey was an Avengers-verse officially?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I've said we should start recording the podcast on Tuesday, cuz alot of big stories happen monday night/tuesday morning it seems.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I listen to the podcast on my drive to college on tuesday mornings, so I appreciate that you guys record monday and have it up before the next morning. There's always going to be a news story that breaks after the podcast is recorded, don't fret over it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I really liked the podcast video today. It's awesome to have those moments of sincerity in between all the fart gas and creepy anime bullshit! Kudos to you, Matt and co. Keep doing exactly what you're doing!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Congrats on the 500k Best Friends, how many do you need again before youtube ships one of those play buttons to you?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

TheRealestMatt posted:

This commercial is all I could think of while watching the Strafe video (sadly can't find the whole thing).

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

It was kinda surreal hearing everyone be so positive about Dimps when the name is synonymous with terribly designed Sonic games in my mind

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Congrats on the 500k Best Friends, how many do you need again before youtube ships one of those play buttons to you?

iirc it's one for 100k and then another at 1m.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno how much more PE equipment incompetence I can take. I just want Pat to notice the Tune Up option in the menu and utter a "GODAMNIT" so loud the one in Mario RPG wouldn't compare.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

I've said we should start recording the podcast on Tuesday, cuz alot of big stories happen monday night/tuesday morning it seems.

I'd be cool with this, because you're right, Monday and Tuesday are big news days and more than a few times I've been like "drat, they JUST missed the announcement of x!"

Also, how impossible would it be when revengeance 2 comes out that you guys resist the temptation to play the poo poo out of if right away, and instead record a first impressions video at least with the four of you? I love the genuine reactions to ridiculous stuff the most from you guys.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Well there WILL be a ending in Darkest Dungeon later...

Also Darkest Dungeon video! I've been addicted to watching people play this game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Darkest Dungeon is one of the best early access games to come out in a long long time

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea glad you guys are giving it some hype, I backed it and have not regretted it at all. Great game, great team, great everything.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a Besiege video yet

If not, why isn't there a Besiege video yet

http://i.imgur.com/KPYQbSN.webm
http://i.imgur.com/y3FdwV1.webm
http://i.imgur.com/X6Mo27v.webm

http://imgur.com/gallery/zyQ2X

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

gently caress those people, I can barely make a car that turns, nevermind a fuckin' Transformer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And here I was thinking that a mere two stage rocket made out of cannons would be as weird as it gets. How hopelessly naive of me.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Listening to the podcast, Matt mentioned giving Eyeshield 21 a look.
Word of advice: Read the manga, ignore the anime. The anime's a cut-down eyesore, and the manga is drawn by the guy who draws One Punch Man. What they did to his art is terrible.
Eyeshield was something I read on a whim, and was the thing that turned me around on sports anime/manga. It's great.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, I suppose since Ippo came up earlier, I might as well say I caught up to the manga - unemployment does wonders for your binging habits. It was fun, then it became sort of a slog and now it looks like it might become fun again. It should've ended 300 chapters ago, tho.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That Darkest Dungeon video was really really fun.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
If The Next Penelope ever comes to XBox One, I'm all over that. Looks sweet.

Enjoyed the podcast as well. Just to clarify: The quotes they were dropped around the 1:55:00 mark were from the 2005 film Sha Po Lang / Kill Zone that Pat mentioned? Because that makes me want to check it out.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Charles Martel posted:

Enjoyed the podcast as well. Just to clarify: The quotes they were dropped around the 1:55:00 mark were from the 2005 film Sha Po Lang / Kill Zone that Pat mentioned? Because that makes me want to check it out.

they're all KoF references with fighting terms being replaced with knives

e: Woolie lying about the Evangelion short. It's not Chinese and not fanmade. It's by the Appleseed team and part of Khara's animator expo.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 11, 2015

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

That Darkest Dungeon video was really really fun.

It sums up the experience perfectly, down to the constant "Nooo!" and "Yeeessss!"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Charles Martel posted:

All CvS 2 announcer quotes. The one thing CvS 2 has over 1, besides having motherfuckers like Eagle and Rock Howard in it, is the announcer who is hilarious even IN context. I snot laughed (BIG DAMAGE!) at work today when Matt started in with his impression and Pat snuck in a "sneak attack at the start of the second round"

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 11, 2015

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I've never had motion problems with anything before, but the camera in Darkest Dungeon made me want to vomit.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress I hope SH2 gets an update tonight.

The latest update perfectly ended the moment Pat entered room 312. I know everything that's going to happen but goddamnit literally every single thing in the game has built up to this moment and I can't wait to see what Matt & Pat have to say about The Videotape :ohdear:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"It wasn't until Paper Mario till Koopa's became bipeds."

Yo did Liam never play Super Mario World? Or 64?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"It wasn't until Paper Mario till Koopa's became bipeds."

Yo did Liam never play Super Mario World? Or 64?

Didn't he say in the latest podcast that he never owned a 64? Or was that Pat? Or both?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

More importantly the labelling is all mixed up. Pat is Yomi, Matt's Tomo, Woolie is either Osaka or Kagura, and Liam is Chiyo.

E: actually Osaka is probably Plague.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 12, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blockhouse posted:

they're all KoF references with fighting terms being replaced with knives

e: Woolie lying about the Evangelion short. It's not Chinese and not fanmade. It's by the Appleseed team and part of Khara's animator expo.

Commissar Ken posted:

All CvS 2 announcer quotes. The one thing CvS 2 has over 1, besides having motherfuckers like Eagle and Rock Howard in it, is the announcer who is hilarious even IN context. I snot laughed (BIG DAMAGE!) at work today when Matt started in with his impression and Pat snuck in a "sneak attack at the start of the second round"

Oh geez. That clearly shows I'm haven't really got into fighting games much. Thanks for clarifying.

Edit: I'm much more of an FPS guy, and as someone who grew up with all of the classic DOS shooters, Strafe is piquing my interest.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 12, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
do we know if the SH2 LP is going to have Born From A Wish in it too? Is that even in the PS2 greatest hits version? I legit forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The video tape scene is still goddamn powerful in SH2, one of my favorite moments in a game.

Great Knife chat could be taken as that's when he cut himself off from the reality of what he did.