Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

You literally re-enacted the 1980's movie Shogun's Ninja!

No one has a better picture than this for the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Vahtooch posted:

Well that's settled it, there's my night sorted. I need to see this

Meijin is ALWAYS great.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Vahtooch posted:

Well that's settled it, there's my night sorted. I need to see this

Good.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=231815
dat compac drive and industrial labor zz/gaogaigars

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muike posted:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=231815
dat compac drive and industrial labor zz/gaogaigars

The Gauna-infected Garde's from Knights of Sidonia are really gorgeous pieces too.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
What's the deal with the titty robots and do their kits have full inner frames

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They're garage resin kits of bimbo-upped versions of the lady robots from mazinger

Also can anyone identify that SD Armored Trooper at the end for me? It seems like it might be an original design.

e: the red one

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
That Optimus Prime one looks awesome though, I'd totally get that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't know what thread to ask this in, so I'll just ask here:

I only like building models of badass robots from shows I enjoyed watching. What GaoGaiGar and, uh, maybe Zoids should I watch so that I can just take all the money out of my bank account and turn it into plastic models as opposed to just buying a shitload of Build Fighters stuff?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The Soul of Chogokin Gaogaigar just came out. It's not a model kit, but holy poo poo. Get it if you can.

Unless you're asking if you should watch Gaogaigar, to which the answer is yes very much yes.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
This video is a must to watch if you're interested in SOC GaoGaiGar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6VrivGtHBQ

Also, Goldymarg is already confirmed:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Broken Loose posted:

The Soul of Chogokin Gaogaigar just came out. It's not a model kit, but holy poo poo. Get it if you can.

Unless you're asking if you should watch Gaogaigar, to which the answer is yes very much yes.

No, that model is incredible, I was just asking if there was a Gaogaigar anime I should watch, and I guess I'll go do that now

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Gimme the fuckin goldymarg let me order it nowww.

My favourite part of SoC GaoGaiGar is pushing the train through, because you have to do it just like the show and go slightly too far which pushes the lever that widens the torso before springing back to the right position. The attention to detail and dedication of making it exactly like the animation is nuts.

muike posted:

They're garage resin kits of bimbo-upped versions of the lady robots from mazinger

Because I have an incredible memory for stupid poo poo I recognize the base resin kit they;re built on, polynian or something? They do a big tity resin kits of the lady robots from GGG too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Is anyone insane enough to buy this? Because drat.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

BlitzBlast posted:

I'd say "paging dickeye" but he's a huge baby about painting things so he wouldn't even touch this

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If I were a competent painter instead of just dumping rattlecans onto things, I'd totally buy that. Assuming I had the cash which I totally don't but still I love it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

FEAR THE POWER

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

TaurusOxford posted:

Also, Goldymarg is already confirmed:

God drat it. I love my SRC Gaogaigar but SoC is so good it makes me itch.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

I've seen multiple pics of completed ones before and it is larger than children

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

If I was rich enough I'd totally buy that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

muike posted:

I've seen multiple pics of completed ones before and it is larger than children

One of the Ebay pics has it on a base next to maybe a five year old. And it is bigger. :stare:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Right, I recommend the HGBF Hi-Mock to everybody. This little thing is amazing. Polycap hardpoints out the wazoo, it's balance is amazing (stands on one leg with ease), it comes on just two runners, and it is the sturdiest gunpla I've ever seen. Every joint is JUST stiff enough, without being overly difficult, the articulation is great, especially on the torso, and there's going to be HUNDREDS of customized ones.

You need this little guy in your life.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 10, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Right, I recommend the HGBF Hi-Mock to everybody. This little thing is amazing. Polycap hardpoints out the wazoo, it's balance is amazing (stands on one leg with ease), it comes on just two runners, and it is the sturdiest gunpla I've ever seen. Every joint is JUST stiff enough, without being overly difficult, the articulation is great, especially on the torso, and there's going to be HUNDREDS of customized ones.

Every review I've seen of this thing says this exact same thing.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
It's really amusing that the design Bandai made to mock bootlegs is one of the best official kits they've put out.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I could only buy one, because they were all sold out. Someone's buying them by the crate and that's good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Told you so :colbert:. Seriously, the drat thing's way better than it has any right to be at that price point. Go buy one. In fact, go buy at least two because they're so cheap.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It turns out the kit I needed for a knife for a kitbash (still have to figure out how i'm going to mount it and make it removable) wasn't on the zee zulu (though a cool design) it was on the Genoace Custom:

it's basically a scaled up AT dagger from FMP.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

all i can think of when i see the mock is how i can put twenty of them together into some monstrosity
or how amazingly round a grimoire/titus/mock kitbash would be

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

maybe through in a kapool

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Is there a consensus here on what spray can top coat is the best? Airbrush is not an option for me. I recently got back into the hobby and the best thing I could find at hobby shops in the area was Testors Dullcote. It wasn't bad, honestly, but it looks a little splotchy if you get up really close. I think I remember hearing there are some laws preventing Japanese brands of aerosol sprays from being imported to the states?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Is there a consensus here on what spray can top coat is the best? Airbrush is not an option for me. I recently got back into the hobby and the best thing I could find at hobby shops in the area was Testors Dullcote. It wasn't bad, honestly, but it looks a little splotchy if you get up really close. I think I remember hearing there are some laws preventing Japanese brands of aerosol sprays from being imported to the states?

It was kind of tough to get your hands on Gunze stuff for a while in the US but it seems to be back in widespread supply now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
A bunch of work to install magnets in the MG 00Q's arm and shield and then they don't turn out to be strong enough to hold the shield up. :argh:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, MORTALS :black101:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Seeing this makes me wish for a Double X Maoh kit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mr. stefan posted:

I'd say "paging dickeye" but he's a huge baby about painting things so he wouldn't even touch this

Also two grand is a smidge out of my range.

Speaking of things in my price range, I just won a 20 dollar amazon card at work and I'm looking to buy plastic robits. How's the RG Wing Zero?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Hijo, you are making the wait for my Hi-Mock to ship very difficult.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Literally The Worst posted:

Also two grand is a smidge out of my range.

Speaking of things in my price range, I just won a 20 dollar amazon card at work and I'm looking to buy plastic robits. How's the RG Wing Zero?

It's really nice and solid. My only (petty) complaint is the kneecap gimmick isn't as complex and fancy as the ones on my other RG's.

Yesss, embrace the fancy little customizable bastard :allears:. By the way if you don't know yet, it comes with an alternate set of wrist inserts. So you can attach 1/100-scale hands and wave MG weapons about. hosed if I know why they did it, but damned if it isn't neat.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How is the actual build on it? Any parts where I'm going to look for a gun?

Looking at you translucent pieces on the Exia.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Literally The Worst posted:

How is the actual build on it? Any parts where I'm going to look for a gun?

Looking at you translucent pieces on the Exia.

Nah, nothing like that. The only scary parts are getting the wrist pieces to click onto the arm frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone happen to know or be willing to measure the vernier lengths and widths on their MG Tallgeese? I want to order some Adler's Nest metal verniers from HLJ for mine but there's a bunch in different dimensions.