Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Cardiac posted:

Well the whole thing can basically be described like this and is applicable to both sides:

Can't we just ignore them? That have worked fine so far, until some stupid morons decided to give loving SvP publicity last year with the result of them going from 700 votes to 3500 votes.
Nazis in Sweden is not a threat to our society, and should be dealt with by the police if they commit crimes.
They're not a threat to society but they're a threat to individuals and cops like to do jack poo poo when nazis commit crimes even when death is avoided through sheer luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha wow, that's even worse. :allears:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I refuse to watch that, I don't have skämskudde.

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/asikter/vi-var-for-radda-for-att-ingripa-nar-vakten-dunkade-pojkens-huvud-i-golvet/

Not been a lot of talk about this incident in this thread, well. Any.

Just me or is it mindboggling how some people actually in all honesty can defend a big burly rentacop smashing a nine year olds head into the concrete/stone floor three times. Nine years old. :wtc:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Why would there be? What is there to discuss?

lovely security guard does job badly, end of story.

Wasn't even that bad, judging from the video. I doubt anything will come of it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Gedt posted:

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/asikter/vi-var-for-radda-for-att-ingripa-nar-vakten-dunkade-pojkens-huvud-i-golvet/

Not been a lot of talk about this incident in this thread, well. Any.

Just me or is it mindboggling how some people actually in all honesty can defend a big burly rentacop smashing a nine year olds head into the concrete/stone floor three times. Nine years old. :wtc:

I think it's just that they aren't acquainted with any immigrant kids and therefore cannot personally relate to the situation. That or they are hardline conservatives who think that no punishment is too though but if that's the case then 1/3 is a lot even for sydsvenskan. :v:

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Why would there be? What is there to discuss?

lovely security guard does job badly, end of story.

Wasn't even that bad, judging from the video. I doubt anything will come of it.

Did you read the link? A lot more went on than what was on cam.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I don't see how it changes anything. What am I supposed to take from it?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Xoidanor posted:

Shamelessly stolen from the schaudenfrade thread,

I mean I had heard that the turnout was low but actually seeing it just makes a world of difference, it's beautiful. :allears:

Just off to the left are a few hundred counterprotesters and a wall of cops.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SplitSoul posted:

Just off to the left are a few hundred counterprotesters and a wall of cops.

Hahaha aw man, why didn't I hear about this i would've been there to laugh at these suckers

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE2541472/racistisk-overfaldsmand-slap-med-boede/

Racist poo poo-head attacks an Iranian immigrant in a McDonald's, while chanting racist poo poo. The immigrant defends himself and his friend from the attacker and they're all thrown out of the restaurant. What happens? The loving police give them both fines for disorderly conduct, when they quite obviously could have pressed charges for a violent hatecrime. The Iranian immigrant since got his fine nulled by the court, but both the police and attorney general refuse to press charges for the hatecrime based on the "case being too old." As always there are no consequences for the policemen involved.

Joda fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 12, 2015

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Joda posted:

http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE2541472/racistisk-overfaldsmand-slap-med-boede/

Racist poo poo-head attacks an Iranian immigrant in a McDonald's, while chanting racist poo poo. The immigrant defends himself and his friend from the attacker and they're all thrown out of the restaurant. What happens? The loving police give them both fines for disorderly conduct, when they quite obviously could have pressed charges for a violent hatecrime. The Iranian immigrant since got his fine nulled by the court, but both the police and attorney general refuse to press charges for the hatecrime based on the "case being too old." As always there are no consequences for the policemen involved.

That's a damned shame, and completely the fault of an unobservant public prosecutor. However, double jeopardy applies. If the police issued the assailant a fine and he accepted this, he may no longer be criminally prosecuted for that crime (or any other crime at that time or place that the police failed to prosecute). The statute of limitations may also restrict prosecution, but that's kind of odd considering this happened in 2013 - not that it matters at this point.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
http://www.di.se/Pages/Articles/ArticlePage.aspx?id=416925

The Swedish interest rate is now -0.10%. The end is nigh.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 12, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TheFluff posted:

Only 0.1? I thought Ingves wanted to dial it all the way down to 0.5. :psyduck:

For reference the current deflation is at 0.3%.

http://www.riksbank.se/sv/Penningpolitik/Inflation/Inflationen-just-nu/

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah lets try doing the same thing that obviously didn't work any of the times we did it previously, that'll work!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

RajCooper posted:

Yeah lets try doing the same thing that obviously didn't work any of the times we did it previously, that'll work!
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nice piece of fish posted:

That's a damned shame, and completely the fault of an unobservant public prosecutor. However, double jeopardy applies. If the police issued the assailant a fine and he accepted this, he may no longer be criminally prosecuted for that crime (or any other crime at that time or place that the police failed to prosecute). The statute of limitations may also restrict prosecution, but that's kind of odd considering this happened in 2013 - not that it matters at this point.
While the assailant is off the hook, the police and the authorities in general really aren't though.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Gedt posted:

Security guard is not "smashing the kids head into concrete". His restraining the kid. Why?

Said kid and his friends were running around the train spitting on other passengers, and threatening the conductor, punching, kicking and spitting. He called security. The kids were wanted by the police after they ran from a reception center. The police asked security to detain the kids. The kid being restrained in the video had bitten someone so hard the victim bled profusely and tried to headbutt the guard. That, combined with his habit to spit on everyone probably explains why the rentacop tries to cover his mouth.

What would you do to a spitting, biting, kicking and punching 9 year old (or who knows his actual age) who tries to headbutt you? And what does the guards size matter? Should screeching, rabid children who bite and spit adults be restrained by, say, only 160 cm tall guards?

loving hippie. You're probably one of the people who thinks police are fascists if they stop a criminal? Like someone already said, it doesn't even look that bad, you see far worse in wards and children's care homes.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Ligur posted:

Security guard is not "smashing the kids head into concrete". His restraining the kid. Why?

Said kid and his friends were running around the train spitting on other passengers, and threatening the conductor, punching, kicking and spitting. He called security. The kids were wanted by the police after they ran from a reception center. The police asked security to detain the kids. The kid being restrained in the video had bitten someone so hard the victim bled profusely and tried to headbutt the guard. That, combined with his habit to spit on everyone probably explains why the rentacop tries to cover his mouth.

What would you do to a spitting, biting, kicking and punching 9 year old (or who knows his actual age) who tries to headbutt you? And what does the guards size matter? Should screeching, rabid children who bite and spit adults be restrained by, say, only 160 cm tall guards?

loving hippie. You're probably one of the people who thinks police are fascists if they stop a criminal? Like someone already said, it doesn't even look that bad, you see far worse in wards and children's care homes.

Just saw the video after hearing about it. People have really no idea how hard it is to restrain someone that does not want to be restrained, especially if you are not allowed to hit them.
Size matters less than what people think in this case, since you need to keep track of limbs. That is also what is seen in the video, where the guard gets additional help to keep the legs fixed.
If you would smash someones head into the basement, this is hardly how you would do it. From that position, you can easily head butt, elbow, strike, strangle or smash someones head (by actually grabbing the head) without much resistance, and obviously the guard is not doing anything of this.
Holding someone down that wants to raise push their body up can lead to twitchy movements with the result of someone getting smashed to the ground harder than intended. Anyone that have ever done any form of martial arts with ground work is perfectly aware of this.

Fun fact, I have passed through that exact place for 3 years and I have never been accosted by guards. Coincidence?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Whether or not the security guard did the right thing or not I'd quite like to see a stop come to the habit of charging people who are on the receiving end of force with "assaulting uniformed personnel". It might be true in this case, but usually it's just applied as a bludgeon to put people who have gotten on the bad side of security guards on the defensive. In reality they should be responding with outrage to these mall cops using inappropriate force, but that's hard to do once the police are charging you with allegedly attacking a dude who had his knee on your neck the night before.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 12, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Biomute posted:

Whether or not the security guard did the right thing or not I'd quite like to see a stop come to the habit of charging people who are on the receiving end of force with "assaulting uniformed personnel". It might be true in this case, but usually it's just applied as a bludgeon to put people who have gotten on the bad side of security guards on the defensive. In reality they should be responding with outrage to these mall cops using inappropriate force, but that's hard to do once the police are charging you with allegedly attacking a dude who had his knee on your neck the night before.

If a guard have his knee on my neck, I have in all likelihood deserved it.
Meanwhile, I have never had problems with guards. I wonder why?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Cardiac posted:

You don't leave your mom's basement?

I've not personally been roughed up by overzealous security guards, but they're definitely a part of the nightlife where I'm at. Most of my experience with this comes from seeing drunk friends get the poo poo kicked out of them at "russetreff" and having the security guards press charges against them afterwards. I'd get it if there was some concentrated effort to get back at the security guards or something, but it is clearly a ridiculous charge to put on someone who is lying on the ground with 3 security guys stomping them. It's just a domination technique.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Biomute posted:

You don't leave your mom's basement?

Considering she is dead, I did that a long time ago.

Biomute posted:

I've not personally been roughed up by overzealous security guards, but they're definitely a part of the nightlife where I'm at. Most of my experience with this comes from seeing drunk friends get the poo poo kicked out of them at "russetreff" and having the security guards press charges against them afterwards. I'd get it if there was some concentrated effort to get back at the security guards or something, but it is clearly a ridiculous charge to put on someone who is lying on the ground with 3 security guys stomping them. It's just a domination technique.

Don't you wonder why your drunk friends get their poo poo kicked out of them? I bet it has something to do with them being obnoxious drunks and not being able to control themselves.
Seriously, if you get too drunk to control yourself you shouldn't really be in public for a number of reasons, primarily self-preservation.
With alcohol (and other drugs) your pain tolerance is higher and your emotion control is lowered ie not a good combination.
You are basically describing situations where your friends have put themselves into a stupid position by being too drunk for their own good.
For the record, I have been young and drunk in public, but I still don't see that as an excuse.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Cardiac posted:

It's a loving malnourished nine year old. If you can't restrain one without stepping on it's loving neck you have no buisness being a security guard. Anyways here's an explanation for the kids behavior: http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/polisens-teori-forrymda-nioaringen-letar-efter-sin-bror/

gently caress's sake.

You really are completely insane you know that right?

Ligur posted:

Maybe you shouldn't hire Danny Devito as a security guard then? Point is if a reasonably fit adult in the security buisness can't restrain a nine year old without resorting to excessive force then he should not be a security guard.

Edit, Some more on the event: http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/vakt-dunkade-nioarings-huvud-i-stengolv/

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 12, 2015

Dr. Klas
Sep 30, 2005
Operating.....done!

Ligur posted:

Source for the kids behavior on the train? Flashback ans Sweddit doesn't count by the way.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Cardiac posted:

them being obnoxious drunks and not being able to control themselves.
too drunk to control yourself
basically describing situations where your friends have put themselves into a stupid position.

Good job coming up with all that stuff as I've said nothing of the sort. My friends were not harming anyone. I'd not be posting about security guards overstepping their bounds unless I believed that to be the case.
Anyway, I told you what I saw and you're dismissing it and coming up with your own version of events so good for you I guess. You're missing my point anyway. I don't mind security guards using force when called for (clearly not the case with this 9 year old), but I do mind them pressing charges of assault when they're the ones doing the rear end-kicking.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 12, 2015

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Violence against children ("kroppslig bestraffning eller annan kränkande behandling", as per 6 kap 1 § föräldrabalken) was prohibited in this country in 1979, get with the times already. I'm also pretty sure I read that one of the guards attempted to file a police report against one of the kids for "våld mot tjänsteman". :waycool:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
It's not a punishment if they're restraining you. In general with police and so on, the more you struggle, the more it hurts. I don't know if the kid actually hurt the guy with bites etc, but I know that the security guy could've totally mauled the boy. What we see is what we get, until the investigation. Should security guards and cops just not restrain kids at all? What is the appropriate force in your opinion?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

It's not a punishment if they're restraining you. In general with police and so on, the more you struggle, the more it hurts. I don't know if the kid actually hurt the guy with bites etc, but I know that the security guy could've totally mauled the boy. What we see is what we get, until the investigation. Should security guards and cops just not restrain kids at all? What is the appropriate force in your opinion?

Did it occur to you that if you can't restrict a kid 1/3 of your height and weight in a dignified manner then maybe you're not cut out for being allowed to exercise violence?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The guard isn't beating the kid or anything like that. Maybe his restraining technique could use some work but c'mon. Restraining is not and never will be dignified.

Outrage here shouldn't be about how, but rather about why, the kid was being restrained.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

He just did. He did not bash the kid's head with intent. What should he have done? Maybe you could try actually restraining someone "softly" and we'll see how that goes.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So, it's ok if they use excessive force because they could have used even more force? :(

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's weird seeing you guys here arguing about if physical restraint was maybe a little too rough. In the good old USA it's pretty acceptable to just straight up beat someone if they even attempt to struggle. :911:

a little off topic, is duolingo any good for Swedish?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

GreyPowerVan posted:

a little off topic, is duolingo any good for Swedish?

Seems like it, we got a few users in the Scandinavian thread over in Sciences, Academics and Languages.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TheFluff posted:

Seems like it, we got a few users in the Scandinavian thread over in Sciences, Academics and Languages.

Thanks, I guess I'll know how to read Swedish eventually then.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

TheFluff posted:

Oh boy I wonder where this will lead
http://www.dn.se/ekonomi/fler-tror-pa-hogre-bopriser-2/
http://www.dn.se/ekonomi/kravet-pa-bankerna-sank-bolanerantan/

nevermind

:suicide:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Poil posted:

So, it's ok if they use excessive force because they could have used even more force? :(

What is even excessive? If it looks bad? Because people can be killed in altercations without it looking bad, like the black guy in the US selling smokes. Proper restraint is using what works, and not having to smother someone so they choke.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Cardiac posted:

Don't you wonder why your drunk friends get their poo poo kicked out of them? I bet it has something to do with them being obnoxious drunks and not being able to control themselves.
Seriously, if you get too drunk to control yourself you shouldn't really be in public for a number of reasons, primarily self-preservation.
With alcohol (and other drugs) your pain tolerance is higher and your emotion control is lowered ie not a good combination.
You are basically describing situations where your friends have put themselves into a stupid position by being too drunk for their own good.
For the record, I have been young and drunk in public, but I still don't see that as an excuse.

"they obviously deserved it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Prices can only go up, it's different this time! :pseudo:

• Locked thread