Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

I actually really enjoyed UR Delver before Cruise, and in fact disliked Cruise so much that I sold my online cards out of anger when the deck changed. Now I'm sad I can't play it anymore :(

Oh well, TES is pretty fun anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Showing up to an event with a janky mono-coloured tribal deck and crushing people whose decks cost more than a car is The True Legacy Experience.

As a burn player, I agree with most of this.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Playing your $4000 deck and crushing burn and other bad mono-colored decks is The True Legacy Experience. :colbert:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

suicidesteve posted:

Playing your $4000 deck and crushing burn and other bad mono-colored decks is The True Legacy Experience. :colbert:

Playing Goblin Charbelcher with a sideboard of 4 Moat, 4 Tabernacle, 4 Underground Sea, and 3 Candelabra is the True Legacy Experience.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Chamale posted:

Playing Goblin Charbelcher with a sideboard of 4 Moat, 4 Tabernacle, 4 Underground Sea, and 3 Candelabra is the True Legacy Experience.

I hope someone actually does this. I'd be so happy to see this. I'd still rage when I inevitably ran into them and lost because I didn't draw my 20-outer for 8 turns though.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
The true Eternal Experience is playing prison decks with zero win conditions other than the opponent scooping in disgust.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
hey goons reminder 2 get yo poo poo done by 9 am tomorrow

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I am ready and available. Soon as I see Big Anime Fan Here on steam I'll ask if he is ready to play.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
actually while you should still aim for 9 am tomorrow i won't get pairings up until at least 10 because i have a dentist appt at 9 ;[

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Chamale posted:

My belcher sideboard was 4 Force of Will, 4 Storm Crow, 4 Uktabi Orangutans, 3 Underground Sea

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I am defeated, 1-2. The win goes to Big Anime Fan Here.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
bafh/monkey's game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hNZZe0KMLI

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

He has AIM running. Holy poo poo.

Also this is some pretty good commentary.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
WEEK 3 PAIRINGS:

1) The March Hare vs Ciprian Maricon (2-0, Ciprian conceded)
2) PERPETUAL IDIOT vs Pontius Pilate (2-0, Pilate noshow)
3) Wadjamaloo vs born on a buy you (2-1)
4) Big Anime Fan Here vs Auralsaurus Flex (2-0)
5) Dr. Stab vs PhyrexianLibrarian (1-2)
6) TheKingOfSprings vs Hobojim (0-2 because of dead gpu)
7) Network42 vs Chamale (2-0)
8) Ranpire vs Ableist Kinkshamer (2-1)
9) AgentSythe vs Moatman (0-2, Sythe conceded)
10) instantrunoffvote vs muon (1-2)
11) netcat vs FingersMcLongDong (2-1)
12) Toshimo vs Lonely Bridge (0-2 because of snow vortex)
13) Filthy Monkey vs suicidesteve (1-2)
14) TenjouUtena vs LordSaturn (0-2)
15) Archenteron vs a dozen swans (2-0 because who the gently caress knows only ads)
16) Babylon Astronaut vs always be closing (0-2 Astronaut noshow)
17) lonequid vs Trilas (0-2)
18) dogsupremacy vs Kraus (0-2 because of suicide pact)
19) Partial Octopus vs Snacksmaniac (2-1)
20) Procrastinator vs GottaPayDaTrollToll (2-1)
21) ChewyLSB vs TheLawinator (0-2)
22) C-Euro vs LGD (1-2)
23) wildfire1 vs Jabor (1-2)
24) odiv vs gang sines (1-2)

black potus fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 17, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

14) TenjouUtena vs LordSaturn

Welcome to the losers' bracket, nerd. You think the scrub tier is your ally, but I was born here! :getin:

Anyway, I usually see you around on IRC so I'll look for you there, if that's okay.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

Welcome to the losers' bracket, nerd. You think the scrub tier is your ally, but I was born here! :getin:

Anyway, I usually see you around on IRC so I'll look for you there, if that's okay.

Yeah. I'l around most of the time, let's just try and sneak in a slapfest and call it a day. games should take approximately 5 minutes each. (Who can empty their hand first. WE WILL SEEE)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

gang sines posted:

13) Filthy Monkey vs suicidesteve

Oh good. He wins 2/0.

I'm free after 4 PM today, Saturday, and Sunday, and after 6 PM Thursday so we can get this foregone conclusion out of the way.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
so deadline for this week will by next wednesday mornin. if you are having trouble getting hold of your opponent let me know ahead of time so i can try to help coordinate.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Oh good. He wins 2/0.

I'm free after 4 PM today, Saturday, and Sunday, and after 6 PM Thursday so we can get this foregone conclusion out of the way.
I'll see if I can get it in sometime tonight after 7 PM EST or so. This is the final build week of the FRC robotics competition, so my free time is tight. Messaging me on steam is the easiest way to contact me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FilthyMonkey/

And hey, I am still not great with the xmage interface, so it is entirely possible you may defeat me, or that I may defeat me.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
deadline is back to monday morning 9 AM EST if no one needs the extra two days so we can get back on the normal sched

please let me know in advance if you do

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

TenjouUtena posted:

Yeah. I'l around most of the time, let's just try and sneak in a slapfest and call it a day. games should take approximately 5 minutes each. (Who can empty their hand first. WE WILL SEEE)
5 minutes of actual play time, 20 minutes of going off.
Speaking of, did anyone see Bob Maher going off on VSL last night?

It involved crucible of worlds, zuran orb, fastbond combo, but he had to use yawg will to assemble it and then cast time walk to use the extra turn to get around yawg will's exile effect, then looking at his entire library several times over with sdt before finding his win condition.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Netcat I can play all day today until 5, I might be able to play tomorrow after lunch. Otherwise I may have to wait until next monday.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Wadjamaloo posted:

It involved crucible of worlds, zuran orb, fastbond combo, but he had to use yawg will to assemble it and then cast time walk to use the extra turn to get around yawg will's exile effect, then looking at his entire library several times over with sdt before finding his win condition.

It was the most glorious 10 minutes of nothing happening. This week was much better than the last one, which I thought was super boring. "Oh look, Belcher. Again. How interesting."

And LSV this week. :allears:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Wadjamaloo posted:

5 minutes of actual play time, 20 minutes of going off.
Speaking of, did anyone see Bob Maher going off on VSL last night?

Pm me and we can work out play time

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Netcat I can play all day today until 5, I might be able to play tomorrow after lunch. Otherwise I may have to wait until next monday.

I can literally only play today or tomorrow since I'm going away for a week on friday,. I'm cooking dinner right now but otherwise I should be available for a few hours.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

netcat posted:

I can literally only play today or tomorrow since I'm going away for a week on friday,. I'm cooking dinner right now but otherwise I should be available for a few hours.

I'll hop on the irc channel and you can message me there when you get the chance.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
dogsupremacy! I see you don't have plat, so hit me up at cprlinguist@gmail.com

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think I'm going to have to drop out of this, the graphics processor in my laptop has fried and I don't think there's any options for me on iOS.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think I'm going to have to drop out of this, the graphics processor in my laptop has fried and I don't think there's any options for me on iOS.

Doesn't Cockatrice work on iOS? I know I used to play with a guy who played on a mac and had an iPad, but I don't remember if he played on the laptop or the iPad.

Also I hope this works out because otherwise that's the second week in a row I don't actually get to play anybody. :(

Shouldn't we take a dozen swans out, too? He hasn't posted in this since posting his decklist.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i dropped tkos and hobojim trying to do a repair now

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ok my stupid tool won't let me repair in a sane way. Archenteron/Hobojim you guys get free wins this round but for this week y'all should play an exhibition match against each other.

sry about this week, hopefully i'm not fuckin anything up too bad

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Actually, this has been a surprisingly well run "goon project" for something that was put together on a whim.

Thanks gang sines!

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

gang sines posted:

ok my stupid tool won't let me repair in a sane way. Archenteron/Hobojim you guys get free wins this round but for this week y'all should play an exhibition match against each other.

sry about this week, hopefully i'm not fuckin anything up too bad

No need to apologize. There's really no reason I can't just play casual matches against whoever instead of scheduled matches against opponents, I'm just being lazy.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

For a tournament that was born from the salty ashes of one man's stupid ideas, this really has been a treat. I don't even care that I'm making a horrible showing of my pet deck by playing like an idiot at all times.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
If someone has the patience to help me learn how to use xmage I could sub in for one of the missing players.I have it downloaded and built a deck I just haven't actually made/joined a match and played a game. I've used modo and cockatrice so I imagine it isn't to hard?

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Just have the players with no opponent face off against Charbelcher.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Hey Dr. Stab, late night tonight (after like 9:30 EST) or tomorrow evening after 6:00 are pretty much my only options, as I'm out of town this coming weekend. If you can't make those I may bring my laptop with me, but my schedule may be a bit more up in the air.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Beat fingers 2-1 thanks to an involuntary mulligan from his side :) :(

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

netcat posted:

Beat fingers 2-1 thanks to an involuntary mulligan from his side :) :(

Confirming this, ggs. I would've stuck around and tried practicing that matchup a bit but I have errands to run. Don't mean to discredit you and blame the misclick mulligan either, you played well and my inexperience with the deck started showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

jassi007 posted:

If someone has the patience to help me learn how to use xmage I could sub in for one of the missing players.I have it downloaded and built a deck I just haven't actually made/joined a match and played a game. I've used modo and cockatrice so I imagine it isn't to hard?
Its pretty much a clunkier version of MTGO, I know that is hard to imagine. The only really weird thing is that you always retain priority after declaring an action and its not very forgiving about undoing mana usage.
Play a game against the not and you should be good to go.

• Locked thread