Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's one quiz that says "Defeat the Monster Summoner!" and then it spawns Lana and Cia :shepface:

The answer is Cia, which makes me wish you could use the summoning gate with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you don't know what the masks in Majora's Mask do one quiz will give you a little trouble.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010
So have managed to get a 5-star, 8-slot, Gleaming Rapier for Zelda, and I'm trying to figure out the layout I want for it. Can someone tell me how the Bomb+, Arrow+, et al. function. I want to know if they're worth using.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheMaskedChemist posted:

So have managed to get a 5-star, 8-slot, Gleaming Rapier for Zelda, and I'm trying to figure out the layout I want for it. Can someone tell me how the Bomb+, Arrow+, et al. function. I want to know if they're worth using.

Mooks you kill will occasionally drop one of the bomb, bow, etc. powerups. I don't know whether it's random or just after a set amount, but it seems pretty frequent from what I've seen. Powered up bombs and bow are great items, but it's not really a better skill than other options. Hookshot+ and boomerang+ are wastes.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010
Okay, so it just makes the power-ups drop more frequently, then? I think there are better options if that's the case.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
You automatically get the power up without having to pick up anything when you kill dudes but it's completely random in my experience. It's nice but there are better skills out there.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Marogareh posted:

You automatically get the power up without having to pick up anything when you kill dudes but it's completely random in my experience. It's nice but there are better skills out there.

All those 1000 KO skills trigger every 300 KOs on the map, or at least that's true of Special+.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I went and tested it just now and it does indeed activate at 300 KO's. Looks like Bombs+ is the only one worth having since the others are pretty garbage in general.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got all the Story Mode hard skulltulas! :neckbeard: I'm still missing 2 pieces from the illustration, though. I assume they're in Adventure mode?

I tried getting one of the second Skulltullas in Adventure the other night and drat the damage requirement is strict! 4 hearts is 1,000 damage, correct? A-ranks let you take 4,000! :stare: It's... going to take awhile before I can take that little damage on anyone but Sheik.

Where are the other two pieces for the hard mode Skultulla illustration, anyway?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

100 damage is one quarter of a heart, so four hearts is 1600 damage.

And I think they were near the start of the map?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

4 hearts is 1,600 damage.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Silver Falcon posted:

I got all the Story Mode hard skulltulas! :neckbeard: I'm still missing 2 pieces from the illustration, though. I assume they're in Adventure mode?

I tried getting one of the second Skulltullas in Adventure the other night and drat the damage requirement is strict! 4 hearts is 1,000 damage, correct? A-ranks let you take 4,000! :stare: It's... going to take awhile before I can take that little damage on anyone but Sheik.

Where are the other two pieces for the hard mode Skultulla illustration, anyway?

The last two skulltulas for that picture are the first two Legend levels on Hard. Not difficult at all, but some of them have weird requirements that the game has marked as ??? so I recommend just looking up a guide online.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I remember there was this one quiz that said "Defeat the home owner!" and Girahim and Agitha popped up. My line of thinking was Girahim is evil and the twlight realm is pretty much ruled by Zant until after TP so I went after Girahim. It was Agitha because I guess Agitha was a part of TP. I was a little annoyed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's Agitha because she owns a house full of bugs.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It was Agitha because she owns a home.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I want to see what Ghirahim's house looks like.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

RyokoTK posted:

I want to see what Ghirahim's house looks like.

All of his mirrors look like the glass doors of dog owners.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Marogareh posted:

I went and tested it just now and it does indeed activate at 300 KO's. Looks like Bombs+ is the only one worth having since the others are pretty garbage in general.

The arrows power up can kill an enemy character pretty easily. Especially if you have the first level of its skill, Light+, or are on a Light recommended level.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Should I feel bad about just powering through the Adventure Mode map as the Ganon Cannon to unlock everything for later when I actually feel like playing as other characters and/or feel masochistic enough to make myself play as Darunia or Fi?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Should I feel bad about just powering through the Adventure Mode map as the Ganon Cannon to unlock everything for later when I actually feel like playing as other characters and/or feel masochistic enough to make myself play as Darunia or Fi?

Only insofar as it means you are not playing Cia or the newly awesome Zant. I really hope this game drums up some fan and Nintendo support for more conventional Zelda games where you play as the 'dorf or other characters.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

chumbler posted:

Only insofar as it means you are not playing Cia or the newly awesome Zant. I really hope this game drums up some fan and Nintendo support for more conventional Zelda games where you play as the 'dorf or other characters.

I literally just unlocked Zant, as in it was the last map I played that unlocked him. I have been intending to play as him because although I never played much Twilight Princess he has greatly endeared me to him with his wacky chicken noises and :wtf: fighting style.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What's a good easy map to use the EXP potion to grind my level 1s up? I'm not really far in any of the maps other than the original adventure mode one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What's a good easy map to use the EXP potion to grind my level 1s up? I'm not really far in any of the maps other than the original adventure mode one.

I have the same question. I know the Master Quest lower left corner is great, but I'm not there yet. The original adventure mode is all unlocked for me, though.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Well I don't think it is too hard to get to that bottom left corner of MQ, and it is recommended for a reason. It is very, very good exp and rupees (and weapons and materials) for the difficulty and time investment, so grinding slowly in order to unlock it later to do even more grinding there seems less efficient than just having a bit of :gitgud: and heading there ASAP to ride the gravy train. Unless you are a babby and can barely beat average First Quest map missions, I guess. The only hard part I remember is possibly the mission right before it, which I think is a Great Fairy unlock.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 11, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you're not even at that point in Master Quest then you don't need to worry about grinding. Just play through the maps and make progress.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

If you're not even at that point in Master Quest then you don't need to worry about grinding. Just play through the maps and make progress.

But the bad lizards in the Gate 3 map keep seizing my base.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Locke Dunnegan posted:

The last two skulltulas for that picture are the first two Legend levels on Hard. Not difficult at all, but some of them have weird requirements that the game has marked as ??? so I recommend just looking up a guide online.

Oh, no, I got all the Skultullas in Legend mode. I'm missing the last two pieces from the Hard mode illustration, which I surmise are in Adventure mode.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I take back all the bad things I said about Young Link.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh, no, I got all the Skultullas in Legend mode. I'm missing the last two pieces from the Hard mode illustration, which I surmise are in Adventure mode.

Oh! I'm working on that myself, so I need this answer too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's the best place to grind just to unlock the kill skills? I'm not sure which map will get you the most kills in the least amount of time but I'm gonna assume its the first "rack up your KOs!" mission. Sucks because even on that it takes me over an hour to get 25,000 kills.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the best place to grind just to unlock the kill skills? I'm not sure which map will get you the most kills in the least amount of time but I'm gonna assume its the first "rack up your KOs!" mission. Sucks because even on that it takes me over an hour to get 25,000 kills.

Master Quest, bottom left corner.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

It varies really, for 2000 and 4000 I'd do the first rack up KOs mission since I can average about 2000 every run, but getting 4000 on any one mission is rare. For 3000 I'd do the bottom left mission, I can get 3000 there in one run with a good amount of characters, but it varies.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
what is the magical secret to making playing as darunia not loving miserable

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

I just got them the other day. They are in the original Adventure Mode map, though I don't remember exactly where. I've been working my way through the skulltulas while I grind some levels out for my lower level characters.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i made the mistake of remembering that the WiiU tracks how long you play games.

110 hours in Hyrule Warriors...

...and i've only unlocked about half of the Master Quest map.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

alcharagia posted:

BBBY and when enemies expose their weak points you catch them with the rolling attack

Darunia is quite good, and has the best victory animation

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

alcharagia posted:

Abuse the poo poo out of C4 (the fire wave) with some C3 (butt slam) thrown in, although you could say doing the same thing over and over is its own special brand of misery. But seriously, C4 is really really good. Also break captain WPs with C2 or by mashing Strong.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Are there even any Imprisoned fights in the Majora's Mask map? I got to the credits and I don't think I fought the dude even once. Granted I haven't beaten every single tile but at least the straight path to the end of the map is pretty Imprisoned-free.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

a cartoon duck posted:

Are there even any Imprisoned fights in the Majora's Mask map? I got to the credits and I don't think I fought the dude even once. Granted I haven't beaten every single tile but at least the straight path to the end of the map is pretty Imprisoned-free.

Two Imprisoned show up in one of the "Defeat X amount of enemies before the other team" maps that you pretty much just ignore:

G6 - 2x Imprisoned, Wizzro, Ghirahim, Volga, Lizalfos, Dinolfos vs. 3x Dark Fi

There's also an Imprisoned in a "Defeat All Enemies" map:

F5 - Stalmaster + 2x Shield Moblin, Impa + Sheik, Imprisoned + Ghirahim + mini Imprisoned

I can't think of any other examples though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

alcharagia posted:

You're playing as the happiest rock man alive. You being miserable is your own drat fault :colbert:

I actually have no clue I just mash buttons when I have to play as him and it works out

• Locked thread