Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
yes

or the one with the lazy eye

or one leg

or the tucked away cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

any port in a storm.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.
Got a last minute invite to join an officer who was doing a talk for preschool/kindergarten students about what police do and let them play around in a patrol car. It was so cute how excited they were, lost their minds when they found out they were getting badge stickers for their shirts. Plus little kids ask the most adorable questions ("when you grow up and are really really old will you get to be a crossing guard?" :3:)

Good times.

At what age do they start hating cops and can no longer be won over with stickers? 9ish?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Got a last minute invite to join an officer who was doing a talk for preschool/kindergarten students about what police do and let them play around in a patrol car. It was so cute how excited they were, lost their minds when they found out they were getting badge stickers for their shirts. Plus little kids ask the most adorable questions ("when you grow up and are really really old will you get to be a crossing guard?" :3:)

Good times.

At what age do they start hating cops and can no longer be won over with stickers? 9ish?

After they start smoking weed. So yes, 9 is about right.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

After they start smoking weed. So yes, 9 is about right.

8 in British Columbia or Seattle.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

JiimyPopAli posted:

8 in British Columbia or Seattle.

And Oakland.

CBS posted:

Young Oakland Girls Called ‘Radical Brownies’ Learn Social Justice Instead Of Selling Cookies

After the recent Black Lives Matter protests, there is a new brownie troop in Oakland. Instead of selling cookies, they are spreading a message.

On a Saturday afternoon in Oakland, a handful of 8 to 10 year old girls are gathered, in brown uniforms, giggling and eating cupcakes. They look like Girl Scouts, but it’s not just fun and games. And it’s not just fun and games. “White policeman are killing black young folks such as women, men and children,” one of the girls said. Another girl said, “Mike Brown. He was shot because he didn’t do nothing. Only the police officer shot him because of his skin color.”

These girls are called the “Radical Brownies.” And instead of learning sewing, they’re learning social justice. Even their uniforms have a message. “The beret, it’s a Black Panther/Brown Beret twist,” one of the Radical Brownies said. “I think it’s very appropriate. A lot of the work the Black Panthers did was community oriented,” Radical Brownies co-founder Marilyn Hollinquest told KPIX 5.

Hollinquest and her friend Anayvette Martinez co-founded the group about a month ago, after Anayvette’s daughter Coatlupe told her she wanted to join a girl’s group.“How amazing would it be to have a girls’ troop that was really focused around social justice and where girls could even earn badges?” Martinez said.

Their first badge, a fist emblazoned with the words Black Lives Matter. They earned it for marching in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in Oakland last month.
“The girls felt really just like passionate about the topic and they loved being there,” Martinez said. When asked about the big issues they are tackling, Martinez said, “They are big issues. But we also feel like these are conversations that they’re not too young to be having.”

The Radical Brownies have triggered an avalanche of criticism online, with some accusing the group of brainwashing. “We did strike a nerve. We definitely did strike a nerve,” Hollinquest said.
But Hollinquest said they are not telling the girls what to think. “Kids already understand fairness and unfairness, so we take that understanding at an age-appropriate level,” she said.

The girls said they feel like they are a sisterhood. “It’s really good for me because it brings out who I am,” one of the girls said. Martinez said, “After this first year, we’re hoping to be able to support other chapters starting.” In a matter of weeks, the Radical Brownies’ Facebook page received 10,000 likes. There have been requests from as far away as France and Bermuda to start chapters there.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/10/radical-brownies-girl-scouts-social-justice-oakland-black-lives-matter-protests/

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

I lost interest after the part about them not selling cookies.

No cookies, no peace.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Equine Don posted:

I invite all sworn law enforcement officers to Debate and Discussion for the grand reopening of the Ferguson thread!

I'm really enjoying my posting experience in your thread so far. Any chance to make D&D collectively have their panties wad because a viewpoint they don't agree with exists in that forum makes me giggle.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

D&D gonna flip if they find out a something awful copgoon can be from a minority family and have a masters degree in a non cop field. And still disagree with them. I don't feel like dropping that on them yet though. It's too delicate a time.

~head explodes~.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Untagged posted:

D&D gonna flip if they find out a something awful copgoon can be from a minority family and have a masters degree in a non cop field. And still disagree with them. I don't feel like dropping that on them yet though. It's too delicate a time.

~head explodes~.

always knew you were one of the good ones :v:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

always knew you were one of the good ones :v:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/23/us/cajuns-ask-minority-status.html

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

MY PRIVILEGE NNNNOOOOOOO

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
can't wait til white trash becomes a protected class. I got generations of documentation to prove my eligibility.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Pilot to Gunner posted:

No cookies, no peace.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

can't wait til white trash becomes a protected class. I got generations of documentation to prove my eligibility.

:clint::hf::clint:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Pilot to Gunner posted:

I lost interest after the part about them not selling cookies.

No cookies, no peace.

Thin Mints Matter

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

But Only After Being In The Fridge.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
has anyone had really bad gas whilst transporting a prisoner

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

has anyone had really bad gas whilst transporting a prisoner

Only CS, I keep asking for Zyklon B but the guvnor said last time they signed off on that the Guardian ran a story on it and he had to go to the Hague for some retraining.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
should I buy a DSA arms FAL rifle or a springfield TRP 1911?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Branis posted:

both

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Not all of us live in beverly hills there richey rich.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

I prefer Springfield 911s for all my higher end drop gun needs.

Sometimes you have to keep it classy, you know?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I vote FAL.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=842085512497050

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Branis posted:

Wouldn't having documentation of several generations of your lineage actually disqualify you from white trash status?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Not if the documentation is mug shots and newspaper clippings of police standoffs at meth labs

Please tell me that took place in whatever passes for welfare housing in jolly old england to make the you work for me comments even sweeter.

Branis fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 14, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Branis posted:

DSA FALs are tight.

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDFNFAL.html

get some wood from this guy

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

FAL and it's not even close.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

I'm guessing a juv?

Faith in future generations restored.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

That video is grim. He should have been jailed after about a minute. Can't imagine taking that kind of snash.

Does it not meet the thresh hold for a crime in England? I'm sure you can guess what it'd be in Scotland...

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chartley posted:

That video is grim. He should have been jailed after about a minute. Can't imagine taking that kind of snash.

Does it not meet the thresh hold for a crime in England? I'm sure you can guess what it'd be in Scotland...

wheres bernard when you need him?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

there was a high court case, harvey vs DPP which stated that police officers cannot be offended by foul language alone for purposes of section 5 public order act 1986

stated case was an incident where a guy said "i've not got any loving drugs on me" and words to that effect, was arrested for section 5. dismissed as the judge said that this was not sufficient

however the judge does go on to state basically it was a really weak S5 and didn't follow the spirit of the law. ofc the above video would be a s5 all day long however there is a common misperception amongst officers that you can't arrest for that kind of behaviour

for everyone else reading: you also have to prove that the behaviour or language used would or would be likely to cause persons present harassment, alarm or distress. even though his mates are likely scroats they're also children so you could easily argue that they would be caused some distress by this male's prolonged tirade of abuse, evidenced by the fact that they don't join in and kind of shy away from him

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 14, 2015

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

there was a high court case, harvey vs DPP which stated that police officers cannot be offended by foul language alone for purposes of section 5 public order act 1986

stated case was an incident where a guy said "i've not got any loving drugs on me" and words to that effect, was arrested for section 5. dismissed as the judge said that this was not sufficient

however the judge does go on to state basically it was a really weak S5 and didn't follow the spirit of the law. ofc the above video would be a s5 all day long however there is a common misperception amongst officers that you can't arrest for that kind of behaviour

for everyone else reading: you also have to prove that the behaviour or language used would or would be likely to cause persons present harassment, alarm or distress. even though his mates are likely scroats they're also children so you could easily argue that they would be caused some distress by this male's prolonged tirade of abuse, evidenced by the fact that they don't join in and kind of shy away from him

That's all a bit mad. Silly old law, eh?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Not a lot you can do there, other than try and wind him up with platitudes until he crosses the line and you can nick him for S4/5 POA. That copper was rolling with the punches a bit too much, should have given him a bit back.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Whats the white person status in england when it comes to police brutality? Can you just give that chav some stick time and not worry about reprecussions or is that limited to muslims and the irish over there?

Branis fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 15, 2015

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Branis posted:

Whats the white person status in england when it comes to police brutality? Can you just give that chav some stick time and not worry about reprecussions or is that limited to muslims and the irish over there?

considering a dude recently nearly got hosed by his supervision for refusing to let some random dude stroke his frenzied barking police dog, i think its safe to say that it doesn't happen

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
They sent a moustache to guard the Copenhagen attack sites.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Is there a reason all the nordic countries seem to prefer SMGs to rifles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Branis posted:

Is there a reason all the nordic countries seem to prefer SMGs to rifles?

There's a million reasons. Many of them store them in the front of the car, in your foot-space. They are also fairly accurate when compared to pistols, so the proud Nordic tradition of leg shots is easier to score. Plus during a limb shot, the pistol round is less devastating than a rifle round. In addition, warning shots are common, when encountering armed perps, to flat surfaces are a thing, so the pistol round is far less likely to ricochet with any meaningful velocity when compared to rifles. Also less over-penetration in a city setting.

They are also more of a pistol replacement than rifle replacement, if that makes sense. There's still Ar15s and G36s and SIG556 and SIG552 rifles to go around if going gets real tough.
It's also pretty universally accepted that a SMG is less threatening looking to people when compared to a rifle.

Their lighter weight and smaller size is also a matter of practicality in storage, since "party bags" are often a duffel bag with pistol mags, a MP5 and mags plus a shotgun and shells, so rifles would become too burdensome. Plus the wide availability of already-existing SMGs and the small potential gain from buying rifles for everybody influences it. Vast majority of time the shotgun or SMG from the party bag is enough.

This applies to Finland only, but Finnish Tradition is to have a central country wide response team for super high risk antiterrorism and high risk operations, but a "small swat team" can be assembled from any patrols, since SWAT-type training is part of the 3 year police academy and all cars have helmets, shields, heavy vests and joint protectors. So the question of saving space becomes valid and SMG's are super convenient to stow. Here are just random beat cops during a shooting:

(To your other question that you didn't want to ask, yes, facial hair is accepted since there are no grooming standards in most european police services. Mohaws with pink hair color, massive viking beards etc are all good to go. My sister's partner is a male with a green mohawk. Enjoy this Austrian patrol officer)

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 15, 2015

• Locked thread