Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
wow Jonathan seemed tired in 446....usually he is pumped up after live shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

bvoid posted:

I can see that the words he's using here are English, but they're not making any sense together. What the poo poo is this?

UYD is USC* where NDA**.

*Unsuccessful Scam Central
**Nobody Does Anything

quote:

Tayo Rockson is the publisher and CEO of UYD Magazine, a lifestyle magazine encouraging people all over the world to use their difference to make a difference while celebrating diversity and educating others. He is an avid writer whose work can be seen on the Huffington Post as well as Global Living magazine. He is an authority on Third Culture Kids and assimilation into new cultures. He is the author of The Ultimate Guide To TCK Living and though his podcast and blog, he is heard and read by thousands of people in over 100 countries.
He grew up in four different continents so he considers himself a citizen of the world. He has lived in Sweden, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Vietnam and the United States and his goal is to ultimately leave the world a better place than it was before he came into it.

quote:

Taylor White is an international Investor who has been investing in Real Estate since the age of 22 and living overseas since the age of 27. He has invested in five countries so he is a bonafide international businessman. Taylor started out helping his father in a bricks-n-mortar business, but knew it wasn’t for him. He hated the long hours and all the issues he had to deal with in running the business so he started reading books about Real Estate and learning from seasoned Real Estate Investors.

He had his light bulb moment. Taylor found his passion. His first deal was buying an apartment in San Diego just after 9/11 with zero down. He soon got interested in international investing and has experienced success in several countries.

Taylor and I talk about the importance of understanding different cultures, not giving up and building a business overseas. I absolutely love his energy. Take a listen to the episode here.

He can be found on Twitter. His podcast is called Overseas Property Insider and this was the article we were talking about in our interview.

quote:

I love global nomads. If you are one of them, you were likely that kid in school who won the spelling contest by nailing words like Mbabane, Yamoussoukro, Bishkek, Ulaanbaatar, Antananarivo or Ouagadougou.
And don´t get me started on what you can do during a hot game of Trivial Pursuit.
If you are globally-minded, this article is written just for you; however, it comes with a word of caution:
Your strengths may be neither evident nor immediately welcomed by everyone. By framing these mindfully, you will increase your success at work and reduce your own frustration.
In this contribution to for UYD Magazine (a lifestyle magazine that encourages people all over the world to use their difference to make a difference), I will show you how you can make the most of your rich experience and avoid common pit-falls when working in less globally-minded environments.
You will come away with the following:
How to avoid one of your key your strengths from becoming a weakness
How to reframe your intercultural competencies so they are relevant for any job
Discover the one thing you can do to make sure you are successful, even in less globally-minded environments.

Or mildly succesful if you think about it on Nigerian terms.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

bvoid posted:

I can see that the words he's using here are English, but they're not making any sense together. What the poo poo is this?
I think you need to work on your skillset and get some bandwidth so you can help him build those global mindsets, it's gotta be part of your KPI.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Oh poo poo, they're going back to Denver April 24 and will be performing 5 minutes away from me :dance:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Carlton Banks posted:

Oh poo poo, they're going back to Denver April 24 and will be performing 5 minutes away from me :dance:
The bar has been set with a showstopping gift of hollywood game night.

You'll need to dig deep. I'd suggest a relic of Romo, or, in celebration of their decade of it bringing them together, the solution to the Jon Benet Ramsey murder.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
god i cant wait to listen to Smoking Weed In the Mirror With My Tattoos and Long Hair, the hit single by written by Sethro

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Flat Daddy posting in this thread. Amazing.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Sitting here with my beard, letting my long hair doooown
Looking at these tattoos and wonderin'

Valentine's is coming up so I'd suggest to you all to call the voicemail this week and tell Seth how much you appreciate UYD in your lives. Oh and be nice to your boyfriends / girlfriends / Tina Turner fans.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Scut posted:

Valentine's is coming up so I'd suggest to you all to call the voicemail this week and tell Seth how much you appreciate UYD in your lives. Oh and be nice to your boyfriends / girlfriends / Tina Turner fans.

Tina Turner U is having a big party for Valentine's Day, it's going to be a real blow out :wink:

Have any of you had much luck putting friends onto UYD? Practically no one I've recommended it to has stuck with it, and the most recent guy just didn't seem to get it. He kept asking me if they were being legit when they made this or that flippant joke. They're just trying to make one another, and us, laugh, what's so hard to understand? :gbsmith:

Hocus Pocus fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 11, 2015

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Beeez posted:

It goes all the way back to 1 for me, I don't know what to tell you.
I do not know. It's weird. I click display 'All' and still, 107-300.

Trabandiumium posted:

you can download from the uhhyeahdu.de site you click on the download symbol under the thumbs up/down

This works. Gracias.

quote:

Ah, they used to have a link to a torrent of the first 400 episodes, but it seems to be gone after the redesign. Not sure if they just forgot to add it or if it's gone for legal reasons. It's probably still somewhere out there, I'm just not entirely sure about linking it in this thread.
yeah, that was the collection i'd put on my aforementioned external HD that's no longer with us :/

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Hocus Pocus posted:

Tina Turner U is having a big party for Valentine's Day, it's going to be a real blow out :wink:

Have any of you had much luck putting friends onto UYD? Practically no one I've recommended it to has stuck with it, and the most recent guy just didn't seem to get it. He kept asking me if they were being legit when they made this or that flippant joke. They're just trying to make one another, and us, laugh, what's so hard to understand? :gbsmith:

I started d listening in summer of 13....and it took me a while before I figured out what their deal was.... but I stuck with them because I dug their chemistry....

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Some people just aren't going to like UYD. It's really idiosyncratic and weird in some ways, it's not gonna appeal to everyone.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Today I listened to the episode where Seth said to Jah: "When you say human being, there might be some people listening to this that don't know you and because of that they take what you say the wrong way". Whenever I introduce someone to UYD, I always give them a 5 minute explanation of who these people are. Seth is sober (was an alcoholic/drug user while a commercial actor trying to make it big) and vegan, doesn't own a cell phone, etc. Jah is the son of a famous actor, grew up in hollywood, did a bunch of drugs in high school then went sober for 15+ years. Blah blah blah. I feel like the things they talk about and how they talk about things, it's important to know who they are. I guess I can understand just straight up not liking the podcast after giving it a chance, but it's easy to listen to them and think they're douchebags.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 12, 2015

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

shadow puppet of a posted:

That is wonderful and you've established a way to communicate with him. Keep that site alive and update it with Things We Need Seth To See. Then just call him and be like, 'yo Seth, check out your private webzone'

You've breached his formidable fortifications of internet distrust, that was the hardest part. Don't lose control of that site!

Just quoting this to say that if you call the voicemail and leave a message and you say something interesting (the first time I called was to report that I saw a dude taking drags off of a cigarette in between chewing string cheese) and you say 'call me back dog', Seth will call you back. I've relayed this info to several people who have received calls from him (although no special mentions during a show, which owns).

The most valuable info you can receive during these calls consists of special un-aired reality TV picks

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Don't abuse the gratitude though, friends

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I get enough anxiety just answering unknown numbers, I'd probably start hyperventilating if I did and it was Seth on the other end.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Why would you get anxiety answering unknown numbers?

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

I was extremely giddy the first time, totally caught me by surprise. I wish I had been into the show when Jonathan gave out his number, especially during the dick pic solicitation phase

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know, I guess I've got telephone apprehension? I'm one of those people who has to make a list of what I'm calling to say before I make a call.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I willfully went out of pocket and downgraded my phone plan so I never have to deal with the unknown numbers that I do not answer leaving me a voicemail I will not listen to.

I resisted calling 8888422357 when walking down the street holding my phone in my hand and seth and jah directly asking for people from Toronto to call them.

Email for life.
2006 for life.

gently caress telephones.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I think I'm doing this USA thing wrong.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's actually pretty common in people with social anxiety, for a start.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Beeez posted:

This checks out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Beeez posted:

I honestly didn't realize that. I had assumed social anxiety only extended to in-person encounters, and things like the telephone were so impersonal it wouldn't trigger that.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I honestly didn't realize that. I had assumed social anxiety only extended to in-person encounters, and things like the telephone were so impersonal it wouldn't trigger that.

Lol. I have a friend with social anxiety that can't call to order delivery food because he starts to panic. That's really weird to think social anxiety is only in-person?

E: I don't really have social anxiety, but I assume it's the fear of responding in communication. Doesn't really have to do with seeing someone's face or not, but just the overall idea of conversation.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 12, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

With social anxiety, virtually anything involving human contact of any kind can seem like something one is being judged on and failing to meet the task adequately will bring down something bad on one's head. poo poo sucks. Though I'm sure some things are more common than others.

goldblums eyes posted:

Lol. I have a friend with social anxiety that can't call to order delivery food because he starts to panic. That's really weird to think social anxiety is only in-person?

E: I don't really have social anxiety, but I assume it's the fear of responding in communication. Doesn't really have to do with seeing someone's face or not, but just the overall idea of conversation.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that anyone who gets anxious about that, or even anyone in this thread, necessarily has social phobia, just that fear of talking on the telephone can be a manifestation of it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I actually get way more anxiety over the phone than I do face to face. I think its the impersonal nature of it that gets me. I can't read people's expressions or body language over the phone! How do I know if they're being for real!? Anxiety is so dumb and bad.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah I can easily start up a conversation with a stranger when we're face to face but I don't even like talking to my own mother over the phone. Phones are weird and unnatural.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

goldblums eyes posted:

Today I listened to the episode where Seth said to Jah: "When you say human being, there might be some people listening to this that don't know you and because of that they take what you say the wrong way". Whenever I introduce someone to UYD, I always give them a 5 minute explanation of who these people are. Seth is sober (was an alcoholic/drug user while a commercial actor trying to make it big) and vegan, doesn't own a cell phone, etc. Jah is the son of a famous actor, grew up in hollywood, did a bunch of drugs in high school then went sober for 15+ years. Blah blah blah. I feel like the things they talk about and how they talk about things, it's important to know who they are. I guess I can understand just straight up not liking the podcast after giving it a chance, but it's easy to listen to them and think they're douchebags.

Stupidly enough I didn't get on the UYD bandwagon until really late because of the old thread title which with out context just sounded dumb but with context was hilarious.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Hocus Pocus posted:

Nope, the only person i was ever able to turn on to UYD is "MY WIFE!" (Hey guys, remember Borat?)

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Lacrosse Talk with Antoine and Fisher

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Anyone planning on going to the ATL show? Thinking about making the drive from Tuscaloosa. It'll be my 3rd show, I wonder if anyone has gone to all of theirs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If I don’t blade at least 2 hours a day, I’m not a very nice guy to be around

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

where's 447. where is it.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
Like any true love, it will arrive when you stop seeking it out.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

im a girl btw posted:

where's 447. where is it.

Unfortunately Jonathan moved to New York :(

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
on his Twitter he said he'll just be in NYC for a few months tho......... then he's moving back to Iceland.

fried eggs
Apr 4, 2007
with ketchup
447's up

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Whoops ignore this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohreally
Feb 22, 2015
I almost drove off the road laughing so hard while listening to the story about the crazy girl in the salad place that Seth goes to. I am so happy to have found this podcast.