Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

marktheando posted:

Well they had to keep using him, so they could keep using their great Salmond jokes like "haha Salmond is Scottish".

Maybe if the Scottish weren't so scottish people would stop taking the piss. Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Britain's role in Iraq - Britain needs to play a greater role in the fight in Iraq against Islamic State, according to a scathing report published on Thursday by the cross-party Commons defence committee, which describes the UK contribution so far as “strikingly modest”"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

SNP to wipe out Labour vote in Scotland, Lord Ashcroft poll reveals

Telegraph:

Lib Dems propose £8bn in tax rises to reduce deficit

Independent:

Ukraine crisis: Leaders in new diplomatic push for peace

Yesterday's Times:

Ed Balls red-faced after forgetting name of Labour business supporter

Times:

Mail:

Brits asked to prove nationality in clampdown on health tourism

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So what is Mac's position on EU access to the NHS here? Urgency of care outweighing residence seems to be far to the left of his usual position.

Big neon signs for all foreigns maybe?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I really like the "Frozen Britain" one, though its obviously an over-simplification.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the SNP aren't even running in Newcastle :v:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Guavanaut posted:

So what is Mac's position on EU access to the NHS here? Urgency of care outweighing residence seems to be far to the left of his usual position.

Big neon signs for all foreigns maybe?

Going off the linked story, the guy is British but doesn't have an EHIC to prove it.

A comment on the ridiculousness of 'health tourism' hysteria and this heavy-handed response? Or on the creeping privatisation of the NHS, moving by stealth from free at the point of care to free if you present treatment authorisation documents? Or just 'loving immigrants, causing all this!!'? You decide!

That's a really hosed up story by the way, on many levels. We're doomed

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Once you've seen the Ed Balls dog vagina, you can't unsee it. :cripes:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Once you've seen the Ed Balls dog vagina, you can't unsee it. :cripes:

I thought it was the dogs bollocks personally

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

DesperateDan posted:

I thought it was the dogs bollocks personally

I assumed it was a cooter lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Greece and Ukraine - Greece’s radical Syriza government has vowed to keep fighting pressure from its eurozone neighbours to stick to the strict terms of its bailout package as battle lines were drawn ahead of crunch debt talks next week."

Telegraph:

Ukraine crisis: 'Last chance' for peace says Hollande; Start of Six Nations (that neither Germany nor Russia take part in :rolleyes:)

Independent:

NHS reorganisation was disastrous, says King's Fund After Rembrandt.

Times:

No 10 rejects 'bit player' claim over Ukraine crisis

Brit thread bonus Stephen Collins:

Magna Cartas united at British Library to celebrate 800th anniversary

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Cameron and the art of distraction - Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s eagerness to seize on Labour’s problems"

Sunday Telegraph:

Baftas 2015: British hopefuls ready for red carpet; Top businessman who believes Ed Miliband can take the country forward

Independent on Sunday:

Ukraine crisis: Leaders plan new Minsk peace talks

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Prince Charles looking buff in that tank there.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I assume I'm missing something in the BAFTA cartoon? Because there's got to be more to it than "BAFTA is happening" and "Ed Miliband exists." Whats with the "film not in English" part and all?

Other two cartoon sucked too, bad day for UKPC.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cliff Racer posted:

I assume I'm missing something in the BAFTA cartoon? Because there's got to be more to it than "BAFTA is happening" and "Ed Miliband exists." Whats with the "film not in English" part and all?

Ed's Theory is not in English, and is incomprehensible to all right-thinking voters, pee pee doo doo he is bad.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

Other two cartoon sucked too, bad day for UKPC.

Most BoB cartoons are Ed Miliband in some pop culture reference. The joke is Ed Miliband exists and is bad

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour's tax avoidance crackdown – Labour promises to compile public register of offshore companies and their owners if it wins the general election in May"

Telegraph:

Ukraine crisis: Leaders plan new Minsk peace talks

Independent:

Tony Blair: I will do what it takes to help Ed Miliband win the election

Times:

After Gillray.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on HSBC – Treasury minister David Gauke has insisted that there is no evidence that Lord Green, the former HSBC chairman then coalition trade minister, knew anything of questionable practices"

Telegraph:

George Osborne: Pensioner bond scheme to be extended; based on this advert.

Independent:

Mail:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the HSBC files – Downing Street’s assertion on Tuesday that ministers only became aware of the scale of potential tax evasion through the bank at the weekend has been contradicted"

Telegraph:

David Cameron tells bosses to give workers a pay rise; After Vicky.

Independent:

Conservatives silent auction: This is what Tory donors bid for at the party's fundraiser – and what everyone else has to say about it

Times:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

after Rembrandt
Very pleasing when I get to do that.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I like the Death Star looming ominously over our doomed world.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Mac is a jerk but this is actually pretty funny.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

* This is real.

It's depressing that it's not immediately obvious what this refers to.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

after Rembrandt
Very pleasing when I get to do that.

Nice! If they don't write it on the cartoon, then I don't know that I should be looking for source art.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Cloud Potato posted:

Nice! If they don't write it on the cartoon, then I don't know that I should be looking for source art.

He did, it's on the right (written in black in a very dark picture :v:)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Overminty posted:

He did, it's on the right (written in black in a very dark picture :v:)

Goddamn it.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on British democracy – Labour has accused David Cameron of acting as a “dodgy prime minister” over the appointment of former HSBC boss Stephen Green as trade minister"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon attacks 'Westminster austerity economics'

Independent:

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

Mail:

Fifty Shades of Grey 'better than book'

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

The more things change.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I think I preferred the Salmond ones. Erk.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ed, start the reactor!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Ukraine ceasefire – Germany and France have brokered a peace plan for Ukraine – but many are sceptical that the ceasefire will hold for long"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hmmm yes, Times cartoonist, the SNP have never said anything about austerity until Syriza got elected.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Better than the Indie and Guardian though. Boo to both of them.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

For a second I thought it was Merkel standing in front of a greek swastika

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the HSBC tax scandal – Documents leaked this week have revealed that HSBC’s Swiss banking arm helped wealthy customers dodge taxes and conceal millions of dollars of assets" Based on this advert.

Telegraph:

Greece bailout talks: Compromise possible, says Merkel

Independent:

Lord Fink used 'vanilla measures' to avoid tax

Times:

Mail:

Brit thread bonus Stephen Collins:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh boy, what a "bonus."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cliff Racer posted:

Oh boy, what a "bonus."

Glad you liked it! :yayclod:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I like that mac felt the need to have the headline as 50 shades of grey in the background.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

in which mac launches a vile tirade against colour mixing. racist bastard

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Puntification posted:

I like that mac felt the need to have the headline as 50 shades of grey in the background.
Being read by black Michael Gove apparently. It's a shame, that's almost a decent dad-level joke he's got there, if he just had the confidence to not spell it out.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Credit where it's due, there is actually exactly 50 buckets of grey paint in this picture. That's some dedication to a silly joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

The only time you'll see colour mixing in a mac cartoon.

• Locked thread