Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Maria, G-Reco, Try Fighters actually being good now, Yatterman
A good season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I watched like half of the first episode of the lesbears anime and then stopped because it was just too dreadfully boring

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

im reading punpun

yeah thats good

coathat
May 21, 2007

im reading punpun

My condolences.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

So what's happening with the gay anime bears anime

It's getting worse and bad as each ep goes on

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

why would you watch it then?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

a kitten posted:

why would you watch it then?

When I start an anime I have to finish it so I can judge it as a whole.

Who knows, maybe it'll get better. I can't say unless I watch it. I obviously can't trust the people in the thread for it to be honest considering they go from making excuses to hating to loving it every other episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DrPaper posted:

When I start an anime I have to finish it so I can judge it as a whole.

Who knows, maybe it'll get better. I can't say unless I watch it. I obviously can't trust the people in the thread for it to be honest considering they go from making excuses to hating to loving it every other episode.

As your seminal vesicles fill, hormones are released that increase your sexual desire. The primary chemical is dopamine. As it rises your interest in sex increases. When you masturbate, these hormones rapidly rise and at orgasm there is a "dopamine storm" in your brain for a brief moment. This is followed by the release of a chemical called prolactin. It, in turn, causes your dopamine levels to suddenly decrease. Without this turn-off mechanism, damage would occur from the too high dopamine levels.

As a side-note many addictive drugs increase dopamine and some interfere with prolactin. You might think such would increase sexual abilities, but the opposite happens. The mechanism in the body burns itself out and one gets to the point of being unable to have sex unless high and eventually unable to have sex at all.

This sudden decrease in dopamine is what makes a guy suddenly feel sleepy after ejaculating. But if you stay awake, the decreased dopamine level induces a mild depression that lasts for about 20 minutes.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

As your seminal vesicles fill, hormones are released that increase your sexual desire. The primary chemical is dopamine. As it rises your interest in sex increases. When you masturbate, these hormones rapidly rise and at orgasm there is a "dopamine storm" in your brain for a brief moment. This is followed by the release of a chemical called prolactin. It, in turn, causes your dopamine levels to suddenly decrease. Without this turn-off mechanism, damage would occur from the too high dopamine levels.

As a side-note many addictive drugs increase dopamine and some interfere with prolactin. You might think such would increase sexual abilities, but the opposite happens. The mechanism in the body burns itself out and one gets to the point of being unable to have sex unless high and eventually unable to have sex at all.

This sudden decrease in dopamine is what makes a guy suddenly feel sleepy after ejaculating. But if you stay awake, the decreased dopamine level induces a mild depression that lasts for about 20 minutes.

I don't find bear rape sexually appealing.

EDIT: Nor children, regardless of bear rape

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how do you feel about bear consent, though

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Endorph posted:

how do you feel about bear consent, though

Animals can't consent.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

punpun's a triangle now

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

punpun's a triangle now

Congratulations are in order for Punpun!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Congratulations are in order for Punpun!

Congratulations, Punpun

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

punpun broke out of his triangle and is back to old punpun now

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

punpun had sex with the glasses girl. i see why you were congratulating him earlier

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

Congratulations, Punpun

----------------

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

started watching turn a gundam based on a rec in the challenge thread and it moves faster then i thought it would, lots of things happening in the first episode

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think Turn A is an especially slow show, I think a lot of people just say that because it's a show with "Gundam" in the title but is pretty light on action. It could probably be compressed into fewer episodes, but that goes for most ~50 episode shows.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't even know about the reputation, was basing my judgement mostly on the fact that its 50 episodes and my bad experience with other mecha shows (ideon) that weren't evangelion

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I decided to watch psycho-pass to kill time while doing other poo poo and its impressive how quickly that shows balls shriveled up and fell off once the big reveal happened

I heard that the second season continued the tradition of being a huge copout, comfirm/deny

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

started watching turn a gundam based on a rec in the challenge thread and it moves faster then i thought it would, lots of things happening in the first episode

I'm glad you're watching turn a and hope you enjoy

I think it's real good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Most 50 ep mecha shows have bad pacing at times, but Turn A has a lot of compelling stuff happening early and often.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Turn A is going to be my treat to myself when I finish transfer apps. I'm excited.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Turn a gund-owns

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's kind of weird when it suddenly goes Prince and the Pauper on you though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mr. stefan posted:

I decided to watch psycho-pass to kill time while doing other poo poo and its impressive how quickly that shows balls shriveled up and fell off once the big reveal happened

I heard that the second season continued the tradition of being a huge copout, comfirm/deny

True. Also, instead of the gruff but well-meaning, chain-smoking jerk voiced by that bear molester Tomokazu Seki you get a whiny, freckle-faced jerk voiced by a 20-year-old woman whose only other roles I can actually remember are as the main girl from Joshiraku and the boring childhood friend from Your Lie in April. Just watch something else, Mister Stefan.

e: (And I say this as someone who, all in all, enjoyed the first season a good deal)

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 12, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

True. Also, instead of the gruff but well-meaning, chain-smoking jerk voiced by that bear molester Tomokazu Seki you get a whiny, freckle-faced jerk voiced by a 20-year-old woman whose only other roles I can actually remember are as the main girl from Joshiraku and the boring childhood friend from Your Lie in April. Just watch something else, Mister Stefan.

e: (And I say this as someone who, all in all, enjoyed the first season a good deal)
Also, she's got a superiority complex in a job that she just started, and is really obvious/obnoxious about it. Probably not much of a spoiler, but that's basically where I dropped s2 so I don't know if it becomes an important thing later on or not.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Hello ADTRW goons. I am new-ish to anime and need a suggestion for a new series to watch.

These are the animes I liked:
- Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
- Planetes
- Attack on Titan
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Mononoke

I didn't like these:
- Cowboy Bebop
- Darker than Black
- Samurai Flamenco
- Trinity Blood

I like action-oriented sci-fi, fantasy, and thrillers. No cutesy stuff. Prefer a plot-long story than individually contained episodes. Don't care about subs versus dubs.

Male Tiers fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 12, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It's cerebral action

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Male Tears posted:

Hello ADTRW goons. I am new-ish to anime and need a suggestion for a new series to watch.
I can fully second this suggestion:

Captain Invictus posted:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It's cerebral action
The recommendation thread's title is not a joke. (It's very good)

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Zero_Tactility posted:

I can fully second this suggestion:

The recommendation thread's title is not a joke. (It's very good)

Thanks, I should have looked more thoroughly before posting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hunter x hunter (the 2011 anime)

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Male Tears posted:

Thanks, I should have looked more thoroughly before posting.
That's cool. You'll probably get a broader set of recommendations in there, but LoGH is a legit great war/political drama in space, and there's a reason that the thread about it from 2004 is still hanging around.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I have Monster on my list right after Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
anime is for children and child molesters

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I have been watching Hunter X Hunter as of late and Ging seems really committed to this world's worst dad thing.

I miss Leorio.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I wish the 2011 series had adapted the totally out of place battleship filler from the 90's series.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This Kite guy who just showed up seems cool. Using a sniper rifle to demolish an anthill is exactly the sort of thing I like in my anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

This Kite guy who just showed up seems cool. Using a sniper rifle to demolish an anthill is exactly the sort of thing I like in my anime.

I like your av.

• Locked thread