Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also bafh's chana masala recipe's tasty as gently caress, make that and eat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress it, filipino adobo recipe

5 lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in, chopped into three inch chunks (you can also do like 3 pounds of boneless, but bone-in is way the gently caress better
3 tbsp oil (i use olive, but kind doesn't really matter)
1/2 cup ginger (coarsely chopped, peel on)
2 heads garlic (unpeeled if you're not a dumb piece of poo poo)
1/2 onion cut into wedges
2 dried bay leaves (or like three or four fresh ones)
handful of black pepper corns

~1 1/2 cups rice vinegar
~1/2 cup soy sauce

take your chicken and brown it in a stock pot or a dutch oven in batches. i'm talking like really deep brown here.

once the chicken's nice and browned, take it out and throw all the dry stuff in and cook it until the onions start getting soft

add the chicken back in and add the rice vinegar and soy sauce. simmer it for an hour and serve over rice.

i do this poo poo every few weeks and it's like three days worth of crazy good food for like fifteen bucks and the price of the rice

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mr. Pumroy posted:

fried rice with kimchi

did you make this or order it from somewhere? i would like to make kimchi but home fermentation...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

did you make this or order it from somewhere? i would like to make kimchi but home fermentation...

i've done sauerkraut at home, it's pretty easy. can't imagine kimchie's that different

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
how do i make good hashbrowns?? they always come out greasy instead of crispy.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

red plastic cup posted:

how do i make good hashbrowns?? they always come out greasy instead of crispy.

squeeze out water before frying and fry in as hot oil as possible

you can also precook the shredded potatoes for 2 min in microwave before frying

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Luke warm tomato soup with bread soaked in and scrambled eggs. Lmfao.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

never ever buy meat from walmart if you can help it, dear loving god

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

alcohol

tonight im thinkin soup cause it's loving cold out. what do you guys suggest?

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

canned poop

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

it is homemade. about once a month my mom and her friends all gather in her house with a big box of nappa cabbage and make it. she gives me huge tubs of it that crowds my fridge. once it ages it is so drat good the kimchi i had yesterday was 5 weeks old and perfect.

you can get pretty decent store kimchi if you have a korean supermarket nearby that sells them in big mason jars. you should let it age though, fresh kimchi just doesn't taste right imo

from what i've seen making it at home seems pretty time consuming, they soak the cabbage in a brine, then they rub each layer with seasoning and have to keep it somewhere cold and dark. back during the big blizzard in '10 on the east coast she just left it out and let the snow bury it.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 11, 2015

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

this doesnt sound very tasty

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

It needs to be steamed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
For lunch i had a bunch of Pakistani rice and chicken and poo poo... who knows what's for dinner

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

For lunch i had a bunch of Pakistani rice and chicken and poo poo... who knows what's for dinner

You eat pieces of poo poo for lunch?

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i dont understand

Dec 26, 2012

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

why are you doing this

please stop

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

five guys burger with the cajun seasoned fries. mmmmm

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

powerful technique

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just fished a noodle out of one of my gaping tooth holes.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

bump

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

chicken. i dont know how and im not sure when, but chicken.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

Dude...I'll have some of what you're smoking.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

same.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

what a coincidence. I have just completed a dinner adventure involving chicken. I used Oil Of Paris's chicken tiki masala recipe that he PMed me, with the condition that I cook it and post about it. I took the directions he gave me and simplified it a bit for my poor reading comprehension. also it originally called for cilantro but that just tastes like soap to me

quote:

Preparation:
Mix together and set aside (Tikka Paste): 6 TBSP Tikki Masala spice, 6 TBSP water, 6 TBSP olive oil.
Mix together and set aside (Yogurt Mixture): 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of half and half.
Mix together and set aside (Ragu Mixture): 5 TBSP Ragu Old World Style, 1.5 TBSP of honey.
Dice three chicken tenders into cubes.

Cooking:
Add chicken cubes and a small amount olive oil to a pan, and start to cook them at medium high heat to brown them.
Once browned: Add in the Tikka Paste. Cook this for 3 minutes or so, until it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.
After 3 minutes, or until it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan: Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, Ragu Mixture, and around a teaspoon of salt.
After roughly 4-5 minutes: Bring heat to simmer and add in Yogurt Mixture.
Cover and simmer for another 6-8 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

Complete Ingredient List:
3-4 Chicken tenders
2 oz Tikka Masala powder
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup half and half
4 tablespoons Ragu Old World Style
1.5 tablespoons Honey
Olive oil as directed (around 8 TBSP total)
Salt and pepper to taste (about 1.5 teaspoons of each typically)

I took a few pictures of my adventure

it came out really good! unfortunately i didn't realize we were out of rice so i just had the chicken by itself, there's a lot of leftovers though so i'll heat it back up with some brown rice or something. my only critique with the recipe is that it seems like it calls for too much olive oil! like there was so much oil in there after cooking i had to let it pool up and scoop it out with a gravy ladle. so if I ever cook it again it'll be with less oil.

it was very yummy in my tummy and i wholeheartedly recommend it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:whitewater:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

yeah like i said, too much oil.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Glambags needs to come here and share actual good food and recipes again because I need some aniseed or ginger to cleanse my palate after that.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

idk why people expect food to be super photogenic all the time. it's in a pan and it's soaking in delicious juices and the light is reflecting off it. it looks much prettier when plated. i would've taken a picture of that but like i said, we were out of rice

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
here's a good recipe:

1) get a chicken breast
2) pound it with your fists until it's tender
3) spice that poo poo
4) throw it in a pan with soy sauce
5) cook
6) eat

i use it every day... well peace

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

thank you for sharing the chicken tikka recipe, which I will be adding to my cookbook

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my dad and i always cook cubed pork in green enchilada sauce and pour it over rice. i doubt it's authenticity as mexican food but i learned it from one so it's good enough for me.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im going to put celery in a pot of water and boil it for 1 minute and see what happens

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

im going to put celery in a pot of water and boil it for 1 minute and see what happens

what happened

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

are you okay dude??? what the hell happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

zen death robot posted:

he didnt say he was going to do this right now

im worried there was an accident

• Locked thread