Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
im assuming its generally not the rank-and-file workers dunning-kreugering their child's healthcare, like id assume its mostly the ~exceptional people~?

i wonder if any of the anti-vax folks are working inside that superfund site in mountain view.

hey, a snipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
genentech's offices in san fran are mostly sales/marketing. their actual pharma dev is done elsehwere. also they're terrible people tow ork with but project are fun ebcause yuo have a built in 3-4 month buffer of legal review

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

crusader_complex posted:

im assuming its generally not the rank-and-file workers dunning-kreugering their child's healthcare, like id assume its mostly the ~exceptional people~?

i wonder if any of the anti-vax folks are working inside that superfund site in mountain view.

hey, a snipe!

i bet that a higher up decides not to vaccinate like the morons they are so some of the underlings follow suit

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

hi thread i hear google has a self driving car????

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

theadder posted:

yeah why don't you try taking it for a test drive to GBS!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

theadder posted:

yeah but if you tell it to go to the pediatrician's office it only goes backwards

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
EA is mad corporate, it's not a place of free thinking ultra-liberals.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

yeah why don't you try taking it for a test drive to GBS!!!

theres no road from this lf outpost to gbs op

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

the nj state forests own for this, $3 per person per night for sites without the shower and toilet blocks nearby but still with running water faucets every few sites, $20 per group per night for the ones with the toilet and shower blocks, and the showers are free

if you pay a little more, do you get to camp in a place that is not new jersey?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

if you pay a little more, do you get to camp in a place that is not new jersey?

i hear an african village has a solution for that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just fyi every state has basically the same deal.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

just fyi every state has basically the same deal.

most states cost a bit more and charge for the showers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok, fine, nj is the best place to camp. all the outdoorsy folks just can't get enough of new jersey. you got it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
best place to camp is the african bush. especially if you have a canadian doctor in your group.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

fits my needs posted:

best place to camp is the african bush. especially if you have a canadian doctor in your group.

that's more glamping tho

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

ok, fine, nj is the best place to camp. all the outdoorsy folks just can't get enough of new jersey. you got it.

yeah it actually is a great place 2 camp. lots of land is held in forest reserves you know, much of it due to a weird rich guy who bought up much of the state interior as part of a scheme to monopolize water markets for philly and nyc.

the pine and sand forests are great for hiking and laying out tents

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

what's it like watching guidos in their natural habitat?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sudo Echo posted:

what's it like watching guidos in their natural habitat?

what kind of moron willingly goes to staten island?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

yeah it actually is a great place 2 camp. lots of land is held in forest reserves you know, much of it due to a weird rich guy who bought up much of the state interior as part of a scheme to monopolize water markets for philly and nyc.

the pine and sand forests are great for hiking and laying out tents

i'm sure. all that rugged nj terrain, gorgeous

(there is more elevation change within 5 miles of my city than in your entire state)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fits my needs posted:

it's pretty cool

just watch out for snakes and cats and hippos and crocs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you dropped something from nominal denver elevation it would hit the highest point in new jersey after 14.7 seconds of free fall

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

if you dropped something from nominal denver elevation it would hit the highest point in new jersey after 14.7 seconds of free fall

don't ignore air friction, thank you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

don't ignore air friction, thank you

the natural cultural vacuum around new jersey compensates for that

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jonny 290 posted:

:hehe:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

:thurman:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sagebrush posted:

(there is more elevation change within 5 miles of my city than in your entire state)

i've gone hiking in jersey it can actually be p. nice.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

hmm and what do african villagers say about elevation change?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the difference is that you have to say "actually" but change it to california, montana, colorado, utah, etc and people be like "no duh"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

hmm and what do african villagers say about elevation change?

it's a good way to handle murderers.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

the difference is that you have to say "actually" but change it to california, montana, colorado, utah, etc and people be like "no duh"

i don't remember what shithole beta city you live in but i doubt there's actually over a mile of elevation change from 5 miles away where u are

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

i don't remember what shithole beta city you live in but i doubt there's actually over a mile of elevation change from 5 miles away where u are

there's nothing over a mile, no, but the metric was "more than new jersey", whose staggering mountains reach 1800 feet according to wikipedia (i'm surprised that you, of all people, got this wrong)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_summits_of_the_San_Francisco_Bay_Area

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i went to college at 7000 feet, it was a p nice place and i didn't mind the thinner air at all

welp that's my story

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

there's nothing over a mile, no, but the metric was "more than new jersey", whose staggering mountains reach 1800 feet according to wikipedia (i'm surprised that you, of all people, got this wrong)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_summits_of_the_San_Francisco_Bay_Area

i live in virginia and have for the past 2 years, moron

and i'm noticing that several of the "peaks" you list for san francisco area are lower than my current apartment is, lmbo, while half of them are lower than the ridgeline out the back of my window.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

If you are in the USA and you do not live in New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles, you are in a cultural backwater.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

i live in virginia and have for the past 2 years, moron

that sounds like a real shithole beta place to live.

my mistake, though. the way you repeatedly defend new jersey i assumed the only possible reason was that you lived there

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Citizen Tayne posted:

If you are in the USA and you do not live in New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles, you are in a cultural backwater.

new york is the only world class city on this list

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Citizen Tayne posted:

houston will probably surpass chicago by the next census

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
hmm yes the breathtaking "monument peak"

i drove higher last week

"there are no natural features above 1,000 feet (305 m) in the city of San Francisco." i can do 1000 feet of elevation change within about 4 miles of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

computer parts posted:

houston will probably surpass chicago by the next census

Population doesn't make a world city by itself.

• Locked thread