Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalexZee
Sep 4, 2014
For those that asked.

You can grab the replay HERE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
That's a great win.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

SalexZee posted:

For those that asked.

You can grab the replay HERE.

Jesus, that was amazing.

That loving FCM tho :allears:

SalexZee
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks. That drat KV-4 though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE

This pretty much describes the tournament tonight.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

...You're going to have to explain this.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

sarmhan posted:

I got a little too clever with destroyer maneuvering once or twice and clipped an island. Fortunately smoke screen meant I didn't die! Also Torpedoing a battleship that hit an island is the most satisfying thing.

Being a battleship getting torpedoed while stuck on an island isn't as fun tho.. I fixated on a cruiser like a retard and completely lost track of my surroundings. Hit the island fullspeed and it took me nearly 2 minutes to even realize that I wasn't moving anymore. I don't know if you're the bastard DD that sent me to the bottom but.. Well done. never not make me pay for stupid mistakes.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

I could have lived my life happily in ignorance that this existed, but NO. I had to click.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Br?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dalael posted:

Being a battleship getting torpedoed while stuck on an island isn't as fun tho.. I fixated on a cruiser like a retard and completely lost track of my surroundings. Hit the island fullspeed and it took me nearly 2 minutes to even realize that I wasn't moving anymore. I don't know if you're the bastard DD that sent me to the bottom but.. Well done. never not make me pay for stupid mistakes.
I was only in the beta weekend. I definitely saw a few boat goons (inc Hellsau) though. I only just got around to paying WG the 2500 gold to change my name so it matches here.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 12, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Illegal Carrot posted:

This is true of pretty much 90% of the mods out there, including most of the banned ones. Just do what the EU server does and use whatever mods you want, since it's not like Wargaming has any ability to actually catch you. Honestly, Sixth Sense is more of a cheat than just about any other mod out there.

I wish there was a mod that just gave you the equivalent of Sixth Sense on every tank. gently caress playing without it and gently caress training a billion tank commanders :effort:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Does anyone know if any of the replay manager programs can rip the chat directly, like uploading to the replay sites can? I have a lot of battles with fun chat but with replays that probably will get me banned (pushing/blocking allies, etc.)

THE_UNBEATABLE from [BOLD] has me on his list. He told me to check his profile to see who I've been messing with. If you don't hear from me for a while, you know who killed me and is wearing my skin.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I wish there was a mod that just gave you the equivalent of Sixth Sense on every tank. gently caress playing without it and gently caress training a billion tank commanders :effort:
Apparently Radiomen at 100% training level will have Sixth Sense automatically. Which will actually make them useful as well, rather than being a permanent meatshield.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Animal posted:

I just tried an extremely effective chat troll:

"I just saw American Sniper. Frankly, I have to agree with Michael Moore. Snipers are cowards, just like artillery players"

demonr6 and Ackbarre can vouch for how many heads exploded.

I'm surprised that the new one (that I stole from my friend) hasn't gotten the bannable reactions I was expecting

"In some cultures being gay is a blessing"

Also, two people this week reported for calling other people "niggers", so that's good. No one using anti-homosexual hate speech though! Goodness knows I report them all.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I love it when people go "reported" when I go into triple 'r' mode on a map I can't do my mission on. Yes I am a shitlord pubbie, but I got my Stug and getting close to the T28, gently caress everyone else they are too dumb to feel sorry for.

After having some experience with these missions my biggest problem really is that you have to activate a single mission and pray for the right conditions. With the "spot 2 SPG" mission in a LT active all you'll see is single arty games or even arty less games, same goes for the "kill 3 enemy medium tanks in a MT" you're lucky to see 3 meds and if there are 3 they will be all over the map and you have no chance to hunt them down. This leads to a lot of matches that I am not gonna play apart from aggressively pushing one flank until I die, so I can go out and requeue and pray for better conditions.
If instead they made missions passive I could just play as it is and complete the missions while actually contributing something to my teams. It would be a lot less frustrating for everyone.

Funny enough that mission survey WG sent out even has questions in that direction so I am pretty sure they know it's stupid but they want it that way.

Fake edit: Platooning makes a lot of the non-platoon missions easier too, unless you're a retard like myself who keeps forgetting NTR is on the kill TD mission and you kill TDs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tahirovic posted:

Fake edit: Platooning makes a lot of the non-platoon missions easier too, unless you're a retard like myself who keeps forgetting NTR is on the kill TD mission and you kill TDs.

My shell hit the wreck :negative:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

mmkay posted:

Apparently Radiomen at 100% training level will have Sixth Sense automatically. Which will actually make them useful as well, rather than being a permanent meatshield.

Speaking of meat shields and radiomen I got my HT mission, where you should have no critical damage/dead crew members, in my KV-5. :iiam:
There are apparently a lot of people that don't know where to shoot a KV-5 if it hides the radio turret. The removal of the KV-5 from the store have been a boon to all KV-5 owners.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cardiac posted:

The removal of the KV-5 from the store have been a boon to all KV-5 owners.

It's the biggest buff any WOT tank has ever gotten.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I regularly see KV-5's with tons of ricochet marks on the angled turret front and on the front hull. You'd think the radioman would be obvious, but nope.

Just saw this on the WOT forum:

quote:

Hello Tankers,

This is an update on the status of the upcoming 9.6 patch.

Many of you are aware that the patch has already gone live in our other regions and we wanted to let you know the reasoning behind delaying it here.

We are currently nearing the end of season 5 of the WGLNA Gold League! To keep the game play consistent throughout the playoffs, we have decided to move the release of the patch to sometime after the playoffs.

Please keep your eye on our portal for more news and updates on the exact date that it will be released.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Heh.

srb fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 12, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Just saw a lone remaining Matilda win against four III and IV tanks, one medium and the rest light. The medium could do it some damage occasionally, but the lights could basically park behind it shooting its rear and do nothing.

Once they lost the medium, is there basically nothing that even three light III-IV can do to defeat a Matilda? Any tiny nook where even poor pen can get through?

The one clever idea that occurred to me, not sure if it would work, would be to catch it somewhere like a corner (such as if it backed into one to protect its rear) and deliberately have two tanks die in front of it to pin it, so the third one could just cap and wait it out.

You'd have to ram it. That's what we did in Junior companies when all non-Matilda enemies succumbed to our PzIC onslaught.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

Just saw this on the WOT forum:

Heh.

Spoiler alert, that is not why the patch was delayed. Nobody gives a poo poo about the league. Nobody has ever given a poo poo about the league. NA server routinely gets patches late, which is just fine since we get to have our mods updated on patch day.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

srb posted:

I regularly see KV-5's with tons of ricochet marks on the angled turret front and on the front hull. You'd think the radioman would be obvious, but nope.

Oh it's definitely obvious, but every decent KV-5 driver knows this, so he'll angle the hull and scoot back and forth, which, combined with the round shape of the R2D2, makes for the trolliest ricochets and misses. I'm still not very good with it overall but god drat do I love my KV-5.

Unrelated HEAT question: so AP gets normalized by 10 degrees, APCR gets normalized by 5 (ish), and HEAT doesn't get any. But AP/APCR autobounce at 70 degrees while HEAT doesn't until 85. Wouldn't the effective thickness in most cases beyond 70 degrees cause the HEAT to bounce anyway, seeing as it gets zero normalization? Unless you're preparing to shoot HEAT at paper armored tanks, which sounds financially unwise?

e:
also unrelated: man the 59-16 is so much more fun with the autoloader. you can terrorize enemy lights+arty and you shouldn't be shooting at heavies and mediums anyway apart from tracking, which doesn't need pen. I may actually miss this tank when I move on.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 12, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

I can't say it was you but I kill at least two or three every session who beach themselves and either don't realize it or panic.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rockopete posted:

Unrelated HEAT question: so AP gets normalized by 10 degrees, APCR gets normalized by 5 (ish), and HEAT doesn't get any. But AP/APCR autobounce at 70 degrees while HEAT doesn't until 85. Wouldn't the effective thickness in most cases beyond 70 degrees cause the HEAT to bounce anyway, seeing as it gets zero normalization? Unless you're preparing to shoot HEAT at paper armored tanks, which sounds financially unwise?

Those normalization values are old. I think it's 5/2/0/0 for AP/APCR/HEAT/HE these days.

But yeah at >70 degrees you start to see huge increases in effective armor so you'll probably bounce. For instance, a thin 40 mm plate at 80° has an effective thickness of 230 mm, and at 85° it's a massive 459. Still, in the 70-75° range HEAT does offer an advantage - for instance 80 mm plate (MT side) at 75° is 309 mm, +~30 unmodified for the tracks, which gives us a ~50% chance to pen with a M62-T2 shell. You should probably try for a better shot, but sometimes a coinflip is the best you'll get.

Also remember that HEAT hates you and is always looking for an excuse to bounce.

demonR6 posted:

I can't say it was you but I kill at least two or three every session who beach themselves and either don't realize it or panic.

Rudder damage :argh:

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Prav posted:

Those normalization values are old. I think it's 5/2/0/0 for AP/APCR/HEAT/HE these days.

But yeah at >70 degrees you start to see huge increases in effective armor so you'll probably bounce. For instance, a thin 40 mm plate at 80° has an effective thickness of 230 mm, and at 85° it's a massive 459. Still, in the 70-75° range HEAT does offer an advantage - for instance 80 mm plate (MT side) at 75° is 309 mm, +~30 unmodified for the tracks, which gives us a ~50% chance to pen with a M62-T2 shell. You should probably try for a better shot, but sometimes a coinflip is the best you'll get.

Also remember that HEAT hates you and is always looking for an excuse to bounce.

Ah right I forgot about the thin mediums, I don't have any beyond tier 6 except the T-44.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

rockopete posted:

Ah right I forgot about the thin mediums, I don't have any beyond tier 6 except the T-44.

Not just mediums, the 50 100 has 35mm side armour.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Not just mediums, the 50 100 has 35mm side armour.

50B has 30 :getin:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I can confirm that French tanks are good for HESH-Lotto. Also the O263 has spots around the gun mantlet that can be penned.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
With the accuracy changes, do you think wargaming could be talked into giving the 183 some of its hesh pen back? It isn't like either of them will be able to zero point weakspots like they used to since less shells are flying to the center.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The 183s ought to be taken out back and shot :colbert:

I am a bit sympathetic to the T49 though.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Something wonderful with botes is when some scrub decides that it would be a swell idea to sail through the narrow straight between two islands. Not such a good idea when the torp bombers close in from the front and behind and you can't maneuver at all. :smug:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Alternatively dodging torpedoes like Neo in the Matrix is pretty loving sweet too. If you keep your bow or stern pointed in the direction the planes are coming from it's pretty easy. If they come in from the side you gotta put your ship to 1/4 ahead and turn in the opposite direction from where the torpedoes are coming the moment you see the planes do the little flip that shows they dropped their torps. Also make sure to taunt the carrier when they miss. Learning how to manually drop torps is pretty much a prerequisite for effective carrier play because you can dodge torps all day long if they're dropped automatically.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 12, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

McGavin posted:

Alternatively dodging torpedoes like Neo in the Matrix is pretty loving sweet too. If you keep your bow or stern pointed in the direction the planes are coming from it's pretty easy. If they come in from the side you gotta put your ship to 1/4 ahead and turn in the opposite direction from where the torpedoes are coming the moment you see the planes do the little flip that shows they dropped their torps. Also make sure to taunt the carrier when they miss. Learning how to manually drop torps is pretty much a prerequisite for effective carrier play because you can dodge torps all day long if they're dropped automatically.

When you say manually drop torps, do you mean dragging your planes around and flying them to the direction you want the to fire from, or is there a further step?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hold alt to set up the drop distance manually.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
They delayed 9.6 because of the tourneys.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/421350-96-delay-for-na-server/

:allears:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Strobe posted:

Hold alt to set up the drop distance manually.

This. If you do it properly the ship you're targeting can't dodge at all.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 12, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WGNA just keep on racking up those good decisions.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prav posted:

WGNA just keep on racking up those good decisions.

I swear to god WGNA makes the worst business decisions.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

JuffoWup posted:

giving the 183 some of its hesh pen back?

Please dont troll the world of tanks thread there are people here who don't know any better!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Salean posted:

Please dont troll the world of tanks thread there are people here who don't know any better!!

They should instead increase the average damage by 400, makes HESH-Lotto more fun.