Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

chocolatekake posted:

Well it's also a bit bigger. I guess that qualifies it as a boss if we use Donkey Kong Country standards. Though, it is weird that it doesn't even take more hits than a regular Wolfos.

Also, I guess I just noticed, but is ChaosArgate not doing the enemy roundup anymore?

I fell behind because I got busy. I'll have to play catch up soonish, when I'm less busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Belated comment on the videos, but I love the disco room that the Snow Wolfos is in at the end.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Cartheon posted:

Belated comment on the videos, but I love the disco room that the Snow Wolfos is in at the end.

It's one of he most beautiful sights in this game, I'll give it that, up until the cinematic decides to explore the wall textures in-depth.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The 3DS version of Flipnote finally came out in countries that speak English, so I doodled a thread tribute.

(musical accompaniment)

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh. Oh man. Oh man.

Of course I figure out that I could have put myself on the potential commentator list right when I sign up for Saturday classes. AND RIGHT BEFORE THE TEMPLE I WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE FOR THE LIVE COMMENTARY. :negative: Not to mention not knowing if I'll have work during the week or not soon, since I've got a job interview for an Accounts Payable position.

Still. Whoever's commentating on this upcoming dungeon is going to be having some serious fun :allears:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

If you're referring to the water temple then the person you need to be jealous of is forums user Fizzicist aka :siren:my girlfriend:siren: and it was a jolly good time where nobody got angry or frustrated or bored at any point and the dungeon was completed very efficiently with absolutely no problems or backtracking at all!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Faerie Fortune posted:

If you're referring to the water temple then the person you need to be jealous of is forums user Fizzicist aka :siren:my girlfriend:siren: and it was a jolly good time where nobody got angry or frustrated or bored at any point and the dungeon was completed very efficiently with absolutely no problems or backtracking at all!

This is suspiciously defensive and specific.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Things to do if you want to break up with your significant other:
Invite them to be your Bridge partner
Invite them to co-op a New Super Mario Bros game with you
Invite them to do co-commentary on a blind run through the Water Temple.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

You have my condolences, Fizzicist.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nidoking posted:

Things to do if you want to break up with your significant other:
Invite them to be your Bridge partner
Invite them to co-op a New Super Mario Bros game with you
Invite them to do co-commentary on a blind run through the Water Temple.

This and also Mario Party

Fizzicist
Nov 14, 2009

Just to confirm that Joey and I are still together, but there are some moments where she really hates me in the upcoming videos...

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Fizzicist posted:

Just to confirm that Joey and I are still together, but there are some moments where she really hates me in the upcoming videos...

This should be good. :munch:

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, it seems like there's a reference to :siren: Her Girlfriend :siren: in every recording session. It's a little weird.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Pretty sure he was talking about the other part of that, champ. It's totally normal to have a passing reference to your SO in a 1-3 hour conversation, especially when you're doing something that they've been wanting you to do for ages.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Yes, I can't wait to see just what type of incredibly specific mental gymnastics and legalese drafting was made to make that technically correct.

Granted, it's the best type of correct, but I can't wait to see it play out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I was talking about "the water temple was FINE AND EVERYONE HAD FUN."

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

And there was DEFINITELY no FRUSTRATING BACKTRACKING at all, no sirree.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, IT WAS FUN if no one else said that already.

The Nile is just a river in Egypt and not a homophone for refusing to acknowledge the truth.

I think my wife may have left the irony on. I hope my pants aren't on fire.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
I'm glad Fae got to experience the Water Temple the right way.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I've had a bad day today so 11pm on Thursday counts as an early update, right?

Episode 29 - This Isn't So Bad with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist

(blah blah blah obligatory disclaimer, video is still processing so if it looks weird, give it half an hour or so)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I've had a bad day today so 11pm on Thursday counts as an early update, right?

Episode 29 - This Isn't So Bad with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist

(blah blah blah obligatory disclaimer, video is still processing so if it looks weird, give it half an hour or so)

Would you say it is Better or MUCH Better than your experiences with the LOVELY water temple?
(I say before watching video)

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.
You could've reached the fishing pond before going into the Water Temple. It involves doing a spot of retroactive gardening, but it's completely possible.

Bluemage142 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 13, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I wonder if the Hammer can destroy spikes?

And/or Deku nuts. Also Princess Fish Tits, spoilers, Link already defrosted your dad.
Plus I guess, being a Princess, she's used to the idea of an arranged marriage.

Tectite + Spike uses friendship. It's magic!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 13, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

80's movie/sitcom freeze frame jump for the skulltula token.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
You know, watching this video makes me wonder for the first time just how Navi is breathing underwater. I don't think they make Zora Tunics in her size.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Edvarius posted:

You know, watching this video makes me wonder for the first time just how Navi is breathing underwater. I don't think they make Zora Tunics in her size.

Fairies don't need to breathe, clearly.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

One important thing to keep in mind is that while using one-handed tools, including the hookshot, you can still use your shield. If you miss hitting one of the clams, get your shield up quickly and you won't take damage.

Also worth keeping in mind is the fact that Link has a shield, which can be used to block some enemy attacks.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Nidoking posted:

Also worth keeping in mind is the fact that Link has a shield, which can be used to block some enemy attacks.

There were a few points where I was on the verge of yelling "USE YOUR SHIELD" at the screen :(

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ablative posted:

Fairies don't need to breathe, clearly.

Does link bother to put holes in the lid to his bottles? no.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ikanreed posted:

Does link bother to put holes in the lid to his bottles? no.

Counterpoint: He can keep bugs in them.
Counter-counter point. Also fish!
Which, when Fae poured one out for Lord Jabu Jabu, was clearly still alive. For a few seconds until it suffocated.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I can almost imagine future Zelda games monitoring how often you use various tools and tutorializing the ones you don't use effectively. Imagine if, after the same enemy hit you about five times, Navi piped up "HEY! Listen! You can use your shield to block enemy attacks! Try that instead of your face!" It works in other games, too. "Master, I detect a 98% probability that the shield strapped to your back would be more effective if held between your body and the enemy." "Hey, boyo! I'm getting sick and tired of being the only thing protecting your thick skull! Try holding your shield up every once in a while!" "Link, are you feeling okay? Did you know that you can hold LZ to guard against incoming attacks? They seem to have forgotten to program an event trigger for that tutorial." Similarly for other items, although those would be a bit harder to find proper moments to pipe up about. "You're carrying a full bag of Deku Nuts, aren't you? Why not try throwing them at various things? The programmers put a lot of care into interactions like that, so you should see them!"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Guitar_Hero posted:

There were a few points where I was on the verge of yelling "USE YOUR SHIELD" at the screen :(
You don't understand.

Now she's going to avoid using the shield just to spite us. Just like how she's leaving the Z-target on Toggle instead of Hold.

I'm waiting for the moment she walks up to a gold skulltula and stops, then walks away, JUST for the thread reaction.

Also, welcome to the water temple.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Down+Z breaks target even if other targets are available.

Also, no offense, but did you guys seriously not find a better mic for Fizzicist? It's pretty bad.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
A few years ago Do It To It and friends did an LP of Ocarina of Time and when they got to the Water Temple they handed the controller to someone who had never played that far and gave him no help whatsoever.
It took him 160 minutes to beat the temple, so that's your target to beat Fae.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Huh. For some reason I have absolutely no memory of that room with the compass. I wonder how many other places I've forgotten that I've forgotten.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can't give you an exact time, but we were certainly at the water temple for a good while. Probably not as long as people were hoping for, but still a while.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Shei-kun posted:

You don't understand.

Now she's going to avoid using the shield just to spite us. Just like how she's leaving the Z-target on Toggle instead of Hold.

I'm waiting for the moment she walks up to a gold skulltula and stops, then walks away, JUST for the thread reaction.

Also, welcome to the water temple.

She did rub her face into one this update. So there's still hope :3

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I see that Faerie Fortune has the mark of a true Ocarina of Time player! Keeping the Ocarina on a c button despite it saving far more time to put something you actually use there and then just switching the Ocarina out for the few times you need it. And then complaining about not having enough c-buttons. It took me years to get over that.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
I love this dungeon! I love the music, I love the visuals, I love the atmosphere, I love the thing later I can't talk about, I love the puzzles, and I love the layout. Non-linear dungeons with tricky puzzles are what made Zelda great. i hope the new Skyrim-esque, open world Zelda has equally awesome dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartheon posted:

I love this dungeon!

Stockholme Syndrome is a terrible thing. :ohdear:

Zeron posted:

I see that Faerie Fortune has the mark of a true Ocarina of Time player! Keeping the Ocarina on a c button despite it saving far more time to put something you actually use there and then just switching the Ocarina out for the few times you need it. And then complaining about not having enough c-buttons. It took me years to get over that.

What are you talking about? C-Left is quite clearly the Ocarina button. Only letting you equip two items to C-Right and -Down is how it's always been.

• Locked thread