Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I just reinstalled Jobmem today. It certainly speeds things up once you can get the job you want to spawn. Even without it, leveling is so fast it's somewhat depressing. I've already maxed all the frames on my 2nd account and I did a /played and it came up at just over 20 days. A lot of that was loving around with other Goons dancing at printers and poo poo so it wasn't all grinding. Most of it was also before the 10% per frame boost was put in.

I'm about to roll my 3rd account and speed run it just to see how fast I can max all the frames again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Inimicul posted:

Did anyone ever find a way to refresh the jobs available on a board other than doing jobs until the one you want shows up?

Back before I caught a bad case of the warframes I was working on it, but never saw any signs it would be possible.

There was some weirdness that suggested you could copy jobs from someone else through some combination of squading, server hopping with leavezone, and jobmem. Never got around to investigating so it may have just been a fluke.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Reicere posted:

Back before I caught a bad case of the warframes I was working on it, but never saw any signs it would be possible.

There was some weirdness that suggested you could copy jobs from someone else through some combination of squading, server hopping with leavezone, and jobmem. Never got around to investigating so it may have just been a fluke.

Yeah I tried something similar. Squad, Give Leadership, Leave Squad to duplicate the Job, but I don't think the job board itself dubbed it over so Jobmem was unable to chain it.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Just FYI, on today's Firefall Live it was announced that the 1.3 patch is on schedule for a Tuesday release. This will have the new Amazon Warzone map and the new Reputation system. POI vouchers will be converted to Reputation next patch. Instead of spending vouchers on items, your reputation level unlocks items for sale for crystite. This makes it so you don't have to grind vouchers for your other battleframes.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I wonder how retroactive that would be. Some areas have items I've farmed vouchers for because they have some really good stuff.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They said that any vouchers you have will be converted to 100 reputation points for that faction. The cap works out to about 2400 vouchers. Some of us have waaaaay more than that for some (cough)Nutretic(cough) places. Be sure to convert those into items before Tuesday or they're lost for good.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Have they talked about how you will get reputation? Will it still just be limited to job terminals? I always thought it was dumb that you didn't get vouchers by doing world missions and other events in the zone around the outpost.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
For what it's worth, if anyone else likes to do the jobs in Lab 16 for those nice blue level 33 cores, the Corporate Espionage mission is pretty easy. Talk to Office Space guy, go interact with a box, E another box and fight off 5-6 super easy drones, return. I find it a lot easier than the bandits for the little girl mission from Sagan. Those bandits must have gotten buffed or something. I don't remember them doing so much damage.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Somebody finally made a Melder replacement called Meldii
http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/tool-meldii-an-addon-updater-and-melder-replacement.6119821/

I'll update my links in the OP. Since Meldii is open source, I'll also look into enhancing it to support upgrades for our custom addons like GoonTransit and JobMem.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Not that I'm complaining obviously but is there anything Arkii doesn't do mod wise? Seems to have a lot of time on their hands. Also good at it.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Morglon posted:

Not that I'm complaining obviously but is there anything Arkii doesn't do mod wise? Seems to have a lot of time on their hands. Also good at it.

Probably a student. But I did see a comment dated from October, so it looks like Meldii has been in development for quite some time.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

They said that any vouchers you have will be converted to 100 reputation points for that faction. The cap works out to about 2400 vouchers. Some of us have waaaaay more than that for some (cough)Nutretic(cough) places. Be sure to convert those into items before Tuesday or they're lost for good.

The vouchers won't be converted automatically? I will have to log in to do this or lose everything.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

The vouchers won't be converted automatically? I will have to log in to do this or lose everything.

No, the vouchers will automatically be converted to reputation when you first log in after the 1.3 patch. However, there is a reputation cap. Any reputation you earn above that cap is wasted. He is saying to use your excessive vouchers to buy items before it gets wasted in the conversion. Keep about 30 vouchers and spend anything above it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
whoever is running GOON should accept my application already :D

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Sigma-X posted:

whoever is running GOON should accept my application already :D

Done.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Nalin posted:

No, the vouchers will automatically be converted to reputation when you first log in after the 1.3 patch. However, there is a reputation cap. Any reputation you earn above that cap is wasted. He is saying to use your excessive vouchers to buy items before it gets wasted in the conversion. Keep about 30 vouchers and spend anything above it.

Is there really anything worth buying if your frames are (mostly) all 40?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Fina posted:

Is there really anything worth buying if your frames are (mostly) all 40?

Maybe crafting recipes? For the most part, no. You could get some crystite and RP out of salvaging items you buy, though.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Last summer Arkii was hired by R5. Not sure if still there though. I'm not sure if any Goons still work there either. Anyone hear from Vio anymore?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

Last summer Arkii was hired by R5. Not sure if still there though. I'm not sure if any Goons still work there either. Anyone hear from Vio anymore?

Are you sure? It must have been temporarily or as an intern or something as Arkii doesn't have Red 5 stylings on the forum. I'm pretty sure Merv still works there, though.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah. It was right after she put out Scrapii. We talked about future releases and ideas for mods after being badged.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
What happened to the Lemonking anyways?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Thor-Stryker posted:

What happened to the Lemonking anyways?

When Grummz was kicked out of Red 5, he created Mek Entertainment. LemonKing left to work there. They are making some sort of Oculus Rift MMO or something. Last I heard from him he was happy there.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Nig.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Just started a little while back (Only level 8). Applied to Goon Squad as 'Zetilicious'

I really dig the glider and jet pack stuff.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Decided to check this out again. Why did they get rid of shock combos? That was the best thing they ever added to this game.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Nalin, is there a trick to using JobMem in a squad? It would say it's repeating the job but it wouldn't come back up again.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

Nalin, is there a trick to using JobMem in a squad? It would say it's repeating the job but it wouldn't come back up again.

There are some weird protections against repeating jobs while in a squad. Jonus and I have tried to get it to work, but we can't. Well, we got it to work only once by accident. We never figured out how we did it.

It says it is repeating the job when it sends the request to the server. If the server ignores the request, there ain't anything you can do about it.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Nalin posted:

Well, we got it to work only once by accident. We never figured out how we did it.

That's weird, grouped jobs were the primary way I tested the original version.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
A new version of Meldii was pushed today that has my implementation of a direct download provider. This means that GoonTransit and JobMem can now be tracked and updated by Meldii!

JobMem 1.2 - http://tinyurl.com/goonjobmem
* Added a /startjob command that lets you start a job by ID number.

GoonTransit 1.14 - http://tinyurl.com/goontransit
* The Zone Explorer will auto-open the first entry whenever it is opened.

If you install those latest versions using Meldii, it will be able to track updates for you.
Just open Meldii, click the Addon Library button, and move those files into your library. They will appear in the Meldii addon list. Just click the checkmark by the name and it will be installed on your computer. If any of them receive an update in the future, Meldii will be able to tell and will give you the option to download it.

Also, the 1.3 patch will be out today. I'll make another post for the patch notes when they arrive.
Here is a spoiler of what's to come:
  • Chosen Warzone - Introducing the very first Warzone, a colossal battleground where players must work together to take command of point of interests and annihilate a brand new Chosen threat. This level 40 endgame zone will feature NEW ENEMIES along with dynamic encounters and missions that will provide NEW REWARDS.
  • Big Game Hunter - Ready your arsenal and embrace the spirit of the hunter! Big Game Hunter allows players to gain new achievements by hunting stronger, mutated versions of normal creatures.
  • Faction Update - Major town vouchers will be converted to reputation experience.
  • Social Improvement - Allows squad to determine how item drops are distributed.
  • Combat Addition - New modules that can improve weapon range (dropped or crafted).
  • PVP Improvement - Wasteland Melding Anomaly event available in Broken Peninsula. lol no pvp doesn't get anything new

Reicere posted:

That's weird, grouped jobs were the primary way I tested the original version.

It's some sort of protection against groups doing stuff like "Arm and a Bootleg". It only started happening after repeating jobs were being actively exploited by a huge number of people.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 11, 2015

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
:siren: Firefall 1.3 patch :siren:

http://www.firefall.com/firefall-update-13-war-in-the-amazon-notes

Highlights:
  • Chosen Warzone - Fight the Chosen in the Amazon Warzone! Join the Accord and the Crimson Storm faction in a huge new continent full of level 40+ Chosen battles. Help the war effort by reclaiming bases, protecting convoys, and pushing back the melding.
  • Big Game Hunt - Discover new creatures that are harassing the citizens of New Eden and take them out in The Big Game Hunt. Explore Coral Forest, Sertao, and Devil’s Tusk and find new challenging named creatures.
  • Reputation - Brand new Reputation system. Gone are the extra currencies of the POI vouchers. Gain reputation with each faction to access new equipment and special recipes on each POI vendor.
  • Social Improvement - New looting options are available for squads including Need vs. Greed, Quartermaster (master loot) or specify your battleframe for preferenced looting. Squad leaders set the loot rarity threshold and what system the squad will use.
  • Combat Addition -Range modules have been added for weapons, effectively increasing the weapon’s usable distance, range before damage falloff, and travel speed of lobbed projectiles.

:siren: Broken Peninsula is going to be phased out. They have disabled vouchers and rewards and events. At least you can use your LGV now. =/ :siren:

Thread about BP: http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/1-3s-changes-to-broken-peninsula.6138321/
Arena PvP design goals: http://forums.firefall.com/community/threads/the-future-of-firefall-pvp.6138521/

They have also added a system where you get assist credits for support actions, so if you just run around and heal people, you can get 'tagged' for encounters.

Also, Arsenal's Combat Shotgun accuracy was nerfed. People are most likely still going to put up 16 million damage against Kana. And the Bastion Fortify bug was fixed, so Bastions can no longer hit Fortify and then melt everything with a Tesla Rifle. Advanced Decoy should be killable now, and the bug where the Rhino's alt-fire would stop doing damage has finally been fixed.

They have also opened up the P-1 LGV blueprint. Everybody can craft it at level 1 now.

Finally, they have buffed the positive weapon modules, after the nerf caused by switching to additive multiplication. Magazine size modules buffed 50% and splash damage modules get an extra 5%. Unfortunately, accuracy modules got nerfed to 75% of what they used to be. Doesn't matter, Radiant Beam shotguns are still the best weapon in the game.

Ability force, potency, and range modules all got buffed 50%. Duration and AoE modules got a weighted boost, with low end modules getting a bigger bonus.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 11, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
But the big question is whether it is worth coming back to,

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well the changes seem okay so far and the new zone certainly is something to do but on the other hand them just killing another zone shows that they still have no idea what the gently caress. I will check out the poo poo they put out but frankly I don't see this game going anywhere.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long to start phasing out Broken Penis. Their grand vision of an open world PVP area where armies would fight over resources and dominance sounded great but turned into a zone of base swapping filled with bugged content.

You can lead a horse to water...

So far I've been having a pretty good time in the warzone. The new mobs are interesting and quite a bit harder than the stuff I run into in DT. I've also been enjoying the content that I missed out during my absence. I haven't done Miru nearly as much as I'd like. The drops there are neat.

Heh, last night I was grouping with my kids and doing some stuff in Coral Forest. They begged to play daddy's game so much I made them their own accounts. My 6 year old daughter is not half bad. She can shoot ok but has a hard time following waypoints. My 4 year old son requires constant guidance. He's also very "Ooh, shiney!" and I frequently turn around to find that he's stopped following me and is happily shooting at a nautilus or killed by a bandit. Even though he can't read or write, he somehow managed to get tagged by a pubby army named UNTCH. Low standards, I guess.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So your four year old managed to deal with a threat that terrified and haunted Delphi until he quit the game? Not bad.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

Even though he can't read or write, he somehow managed to get tagged by a pubby army named UNTCH. Low standards, I guess.

:allears:

Also, I am cautiously optimistic about the Arena PvP work. The (yet another) new guy in charge of PvP seems to be mirroring my same opinions on what would make a good Arena PvP implementation. They also have confirmed that once Arena PvP is released, they will take down Broken Peninsula and create a team to re-develop it. So BP will eventually be back in the future.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I haven't paid attention to this game in years, but one thing that gives me hope is seeing just how much has changed, and how easily the dev team decides to scrap something that doesn't work and start over.
I know that probably bothers a lot of people, but most games these days do one of two things. They just copy what has worked for other games and you end up with another boring game, or they try and innovate, but they stick to their guns with flawed ideas and go down with a sinking ship.

Its refreshing to see firefall truly trying to do something different, and at times it does look like they don't have any clue what they are doing, but I do kind of like their approach.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Humans are like electricity in that we will always take the path of least resistance. Broken Penis was set up so that the game required a lot of effort to do the team PVP but very little to just gently caress around and grind out xp, vouchers, and even uranium. Suddenly, you find you're flooded with Russian aimbot uranium farmers. There was, what, 5 steps to capture a base? I'm trying to think of a successful PVP game that did more than just take a bucket full of players and throw them into an arena with anything more than instructions to not let the other guys get X. X being a flag, ball, or flagpole in the open with no cover. Even those were secondary to the primary goal of making the other team die more than your own. If Broken Penis would have made it much harder to PVE and easier to PVP it would have been an amazing map.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Reinstalling the game to see if I got kicked out of the clan for inactivity. WoW is growing boresome and I need to shoot space bugs while hovering around shouting in a strange scottish accent.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well the new zone is a raging success. There's about 20 Bastions camped out right at the melding wall next to the crash site. Good luck getting your quests done ever. Also the Chosen excavators don't despawn so you're stuck fighting over scrap with about 50 other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I loved those bastions. :D I got out my nighhawk and kill-stole any of the elites that came close.

• Locked thread