Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWjZcbv2uI

Aw, I know you're evil incarnate but gosh you're so cute while you're doing it!

Oh my god, this had me crying. The way his little paw sneaks out after she says no. "What are you gonna do about it, human?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Sociopastry posted:

Oh my god, this had me crying. The way his little paw sneaks out after she says no. "What are you gonna do about it, human?"

In my family this type of thing is always accompanied by someone doing a whiny little cat voice and saying "But I WANT to!"

Coming in a bit late, look at this cloud shaped like a pony!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Awwww yeah
http://i.imgur.com/wz38Q0O.gif Click for enormous gif of a puppy

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Feb 12, 2015

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Dove from Above posted:

Coming in a bit late, look at this cloud shaped like a pony!

In response, have many clouds shaped like bunnies!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

I don't know what that is, but it is killing my browser.

edit - After some time, that is a 32 MB gif that is doing weird rendering things.

goatface has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Feb 12, 2015

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

It's kind of a depressing day, so here's a baby elephant.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah, anyone know why there's this sudden trend for huge browser killing gifs? It's gotten really bad in the last couple of months.

Mind you, look at that puppy :3:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

In response, have many clouds shaped like bunnies!

FEELS A BIT HUMID TODAY, INNIT?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

NLJP posted:

Yeah, anyone know why there's this sudden trend for huge browser killing gifs? It's gotten really bad in the last couple of months.

Mind you, look at that puppy :3:

Sites like Google and Imgur auto creating gifs from videos and people not realizing they are huge. As I type this my computer is struggling with keeping up due to the gifs loading below.

Have a picture of one of my dog all wrapped up in bed after her surgery for a titanium plate and 12 screws in her front leg.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It's something with loading this images on another website, I think. It works fine from Imgur, where it's a couple megabyte gif, but then c/p'ed here it's a huge movie file that kills my browser.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Another of Australia's cute ridiculous possums, the honey possum.

The only thing they eat is nectar, hence the long snout, containing a long tongue.

They tiny!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

JEEVES420 posted:

Sites like Google and Imgur auto creating gifs from videos and people not realizing they are huge. As I type this my computer is struggling with keeping up due to the gifs loading below.

Have a picture of one of my dog all wrapped up in bed after her surgery for a titanium plate and 12 screws in her front leg.

I like to imagine imgur/google are doing it to force adoption of .gifv/other html5 formats, but it's probably users just being stupid.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

FEELS A BIT HUMID TODAY, INNIT?

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine what would happen to those poor beasts on a humid day!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thread title.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Safari Disco Lion posted:

It's something with loading this images on another website, I think. It works fine from Imgur, where it's a couple megabyte gif, but then c/p'ed here it's a huge movie file that kills my browser.

It's the other way around. On Imgur, it's displayed as a real movie file, so it's only a few hundred kilobytes. But SA doesn't let you embed HTML5 video, so it has to be embedded as a gif, which is a 20 meg monstrosity that kills the page.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
It appears I inspired a thread title. This calls for a celebration

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

ninja edit: Wombats are still the best animal ever

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

And Panda playing in the snow
http://i.imgur.com/wvfIkHw.webm

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Sorry about the gif killing your browsers :saddowns: I've un-IMG'd it and turned it back into a link.

IslamoNazi posted:

ninja edit: Wombats are still the best animal ever

That's a Quokka, not a wombat. You can tell because of its permanent expression of :haw:
They're like the opposite of capybaras, they always look so happy while Capys are just... so done with life.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 07:01 on Feb 12, 2015

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Capys are just... so done with life.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Personally I think capys look relaxed and blissful.

This coming valentine's day, share a stick with a loved one

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's a Quokka, not a wombat. You can tell because of its permanent expression of :haw:
They're like the opposite of capybaras, they always look so happy while Capys are just... so done with life.

That doesn't negate the fact that wombats are awesome beyond compare.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CUBE. POOP.

:australia:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
As adorable as wombats are, the adult males are definitely not to be messed with as they can get super aggressive.

There was an old Australian soap opera called A Country Practice and one family on the show had a pet wombat called Fatso. Only it was actually half a dozen different wombats over the course of the show because they kept having to replace them every few years.

I remember one of the actors telling how they once had to stop a scene and all the actors had to climb onto the couch when the wombat went crazy and started attacking them. It also tried to eat the couch out from under them.

Mind you, animal treatment in the 80s did sometimes leave a bit to be desired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7QtIyLE7Sk

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

oh drat this looks comfy as hell

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Say Nothing posted:

Thread title.

And they're not just restricted to Australia anymore. I live in Florida, and there's a flock of budgies living in the palmettos and palm trees around where I work. :3: Don't have a camera to take good pictures of them, but I'd estimate twenty to thirty of the little green cheepers and the mockingbirds have given up trying to drive them out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Why are there lemons in the pool?

I always see them in the pics with the capys but I never really thought about it till now.

Do they eat em or something?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Why are there lemons in the pool?

I always see them in the pics with the capys but I never really thought about it till now.

Do they eat em or something?

They're yuzu, a Japanese orange-like fruit that smells really strongly especially in hot water. In some regions of Japan people bathe with them because of the scent.

Capybaras are marketed as the animal that likes hot springs as much as the Japanese do, so they like to do up their baths to look like traditional Japanese baths.

Capys don't understand this purpose and will eat anything with cellulose in it especially if it tastes or smells sweet so if you look carefully you can see a few bites in the yuzu.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

SynthOrange posted:

The only thing they eat is nectar, hence the long snout, containing a long tongue.

Take a closer look at that snout! :haw:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINEfU_bnFs

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Im not sure which one I need more as a pet between and wombat and a red panda. Might as well just get both.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Red Pandas are a lot more human sociable than wombats.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you want an animal that will grow to resent you and attack you with its razor-sharp claws or something that destroys your house while you coo about how cute it is, just get a cat like everybody else.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The Milwaukee zoo has a new(ish) Snow Leopard cub. It is adorable, and they have posted some pictures.
http://www.milwaukeezoo.org/news/2015/sossyfebupdate.php

Here's the best one. Link, since it's their site not mine.
http://www.milwaukeezoo.org/images/news/2015/snowleopard/SnowLeopard10-14.jpg

Funzo has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Feb 12, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Funzo posted:

The Milwaukee zoo has a new(ish) Snow Leopard cub. It is adorable, and they have posted some pictures.
http://www.milwaukeezoo.org/news/2015/sossyfebupdate.php

Holy poo poo, the one with him flying through the air :3:

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Alter Ego posted:

Holy poo poo, the one with him flying through the air :3:

the mom already looks pissed before the cub even lands on her

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Red Pandas are a lot more human sociable than wombats.

In that case then Ill just get 2 red pandas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread