Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

DaWolfey posted:

Australia will be in this years Eurovision

It's just for this year (unless they win), they go direct to the grand final, they will be allowed to vote.

I don't care either way, but I really don't understand how they came up with that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

DominoDancing posted:

I don't care either way, but I really don't understand how they came up with that idea.

Who cares? Israel are already in it. Plus this means good things for the Irish vote.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
EBU membership, basically.

Edit: associate membership

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Uncle is back on tonight :neckbeard:

Please don't be rubbish...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DaWolfey posted:

Australia will be in this years Eurovision

It's just for this year (unless they win), they go direct to the grand final, they will be allowed to vote.

Time to form a Commonwealth voting bloc. Someone get Canada on the line :britain:

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

DominoDancing posted:

We're finally getting some recognition for giving you guys the phenomenon that was Gina G.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

DominoDancing posted:

Austria's invitation pack got lost in the post.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Watching weekly wipe and I can't believe they got Russell brand on for a segment
Wonder how much that cost

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

DominoDancing posted:

for some reason it's really popular in aus.
but one small thing in their favour they do tend to watch on repeat in their evening rather than live.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Cerv posted:

for some reason it's really popular in aus.
but one small thing in their favour they do tend to watch on repeat in their evening rather than live.

Yeah, considering that, do we need to vote at 4 in the morning?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
So far the voting arrangement is that there will be an Aus jury.
They are still working out whether a televote is practical / possible.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Eh, I watch a lot of comedy and I've thought about this sometimes. That a lot of shows I watch not because I'm laughing, but because they're comfortable, easy watches and you're just guided from one situation you've seen a million times into another, knowing exactly how it's going to end with a few predictable giggles. I don't think this applies to maybe the top 10% of sitcoms, but probably the vast majority. Especially in the UK, where there's just so little effort going on these days that the only reason I don't think they're all written by robots is the fact it takes an entire year to poo poo out 6 crappy episodes.

Just because a show is only on once a year doesn't mean it takes a year to make.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

the lack of Uncle talk in this thread disgusts me.

it returned on top form.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Haggis Heed posted:

the lack of Uncle talk in this thread disgusts me.

it returned on top form.

The songs all trailing off into him screaming made me laugh every time.

Ms Boods posted:

Well pleased to see Gwen's dad; I like him so much.

Gwen's dad is great, I loved the scene where Andy tried to make amends with him and Gwen, and their reaction was just "Eh, alright", when Andy was expecting it to be harder.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 11, 2015

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Boods has only seen the last episode of series 1, and that was at the weekend, so when Errol suddenly sat up from the floor in last night's ep, a year older, with a cleft chin and lowered voice, Mr B actually let out a slightly surprised yelp.

Well pleased to see Gwen's dad; I like him so much.

Also there's a carpet store just up the road from us...hmmm.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Bernard Hill as Norfolk in Wolf Hall is amazing. Gets all the best lines in every episode.

Cannot help but feel that Cromwell was far more of a bastard than this adaptation is showing though. Mark Rylance is rather too likeable and passive in the role. And the treatment of More continued to be a bit of a hatchet job, despite Anton Lessers' masterful acting. They didn't even let him have his last words.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Stewart Lee's in this week's TMWRNJ RHLSTP (it's up on iTunes now, not yet on the British Comedy Guide).

The video one has some bad news at the start, TMWRNJ isn't going to be on DVD at all now :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just got through the Worricker trilogy (Page Eight, Turks & Caicos, Salting the Battlefield) and it was terrific. Very le Carré-lite. Nighy was brilliant and it's filled with a hell of a cast (Rachel Weisz, Helena Bonham-Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Christopher Walken). I highly recommend it for anyone interested in UK political thrillers/espionage. It's a slow burner but really good.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

onoflalks posted:

Stewart Lee's in this week's TMWRNJ RHLSTP (it's up on iTunes now, not yet on the British Comedy Guide).

The video one has some bad news at the start, TMWRNJ isn't going to be on DVD at all now :(

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was with that sad announcement. gently caress.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
From the very little I could find it seems like the BBC were asking for way more money than they could raise or hope to recoup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good old BBC. The peoples' network. Best not give up those beta masters of a niche show nobody watched to the people who put hard work into it so they can put it out for probably zero profit.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well yeah, you can't go raising a bit of extra Bake Off money from a property that hasn't been repeated in sixteen years. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to learn that they saw Fist of Fun as a moderate success (within it's target audience) and went mentally ill.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The latest (I think) Storyville, Mugabe and the Democrats, is on iPlayer. Scary poo poo, and well worth a watch.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Was on youtube only a few days ago looking for Spitting Image clips wondering why it hasn't been relaunched for today. Well the Manchester Evening News had a little section on a show being made here called 'Newzoid'.

Got some Spitting Image veterans involved so I think the substance of the show might be good but dear god the image of the puppets look a bit crap compared to spitting image. They look like something that ventriloquist comidian whould have in the back of her wardrobe.

The old puppets look so good. I have a vague recollection of the Margaret Thatcher one with glowing red eyes giving me nightmares as a child.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Lets have a quick look at iPlayer for something.

An Idiots Guide To Politics? hmmmm...

quote:

Jolyon Rubinstein, co-presenter of The Revolution Will Be Televised, is on a prank-fuelled mission to find out why the Facebook generation is so turned off by Westminster politics.

Haha, gently caress no. I'll just watch Newswipe later tonight.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

A lovely touch from this week's Wolf Hall

and

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He should have bulked up for the role. You'll never get a BAFTA that way!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It was amusing how Weekly Wipe complained about how much filler there was in the Greg Wallace show and then follwed it up with an interminable roundup of tenuous mentions of Greg Wallace on the BBC.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It was amusingly meta. I was expecting it to end with a runner wearing a Greg Wallace mask sitting next to Brooker on the sofa.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Dame Edna on the Comic Relief Bake off was pretty funny to watch, I rather liked her giant cookie decorated with bits of fused cake tin.

Videogame Stench
Feb 11, 2011

phil mitchell, hosed up on crack
dot cotton, injecting smack
eastenders
(to the tune of eric clapton - cocaine)

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The person playing Zeb is quite talented but those sections of Weekly Wipe are too long to the point of being poo poo already, and should be a minute maximum.

I'm hoping Brooker leads it somewhere like when he wrapped up the maligned interview sections of S1 with Brooker interviewing himself and making GBS threads on it.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Dame Edna on the Comic Relief Bake off was pretty funny to watch, I rather liked her giant cookie decorated with bits of fused cake tin.

She was great. As was Joanna Lumley, who appeared to be rather wonderfully clueless about all aspects of cookery, kind of like how I imagine the Queen would be. ("What is this, my good man? A spatula, you say? How terribly charming").

Videogame Stench
Feb 11, 2011

Phil Mitchell, smoking crack. Dot Cotton, injecting smack. Eastenders. She don't mind, She don't mind, She don't mind. Eastenders

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Iplayer gets another spoof nature programme by Mortimer and Berry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Simply amazing.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
Loved the first two wipes this year but I thought the last one was a bit :effort:. Also Philomena is my favourite and i especially love her documentaries. It's the little (surely ad-libbed) things like commenting on her philosopher interviewee's lovely hot hands that make me laugh at my television set.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

gorki posted:

Loved the first two wipes this year but I thought the last one was a bit :effort:. Also Philomena is my favourite and i especially love her documentaries. It's the little (surely ad-libbed) things like commenting on her philosopher interviewee's lovely hot hands that make me laugh at my television set.

The best bit about that was when the philosopher wrenches control of the interview away from her and is determined to teach her cartesian doubt if it kills her.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
If you're missing Limmy from weekly wipe, he's left you a valentines day message instead (another part of the strand of videos posted by Mr Squishy)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02j5llz/funny-valentines-limmy-a-wee-video-for-the-lassies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I survived a Zombie Apocalypse is probably the most boring BBC3 programme I've ever witnessed, its just a group of random people huddled together in a warehouse while Zombies bang on the fences outside, occasionally they'll leap infront of the camera for a cheap jump scare or whatever.

Said outbreak was also caused by the new 5G network which mutated people's DNA turning them into Zombies, which made me laugh, a lot.