Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Since the DC universe Classics line was cancelled, the dudes who did the sculpting are reduced to begging for money to make dwarf and skeleton toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Since the DC universe Classics line was cancelled, the dudes who did the sculpting are reduced to begging for money to make dwarf and skeleton toys.

This is their second Kickstarter, the first was 2 years ago and made a massive amount of money. They've been sculpting original stuff for years but KS was the first chance they had to produce and release it on their own w/o being beholden to other companies for these means. They have enough of a name from all their work at Matty to do any project they want.

Basically if they're making dwarf and skeleton toys, they're doing it because they want to make dwarf and skeleton toys and not because they're reduced to making them.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They are still doing Masters of the Universe Classics as well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

They are still doing Masters of the Universe Classics as well.

I thought 2015 was the final year.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I thought 2015 was the final year.

Spoiler: It isn't.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Taint reaped AGAIN

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Beanpants posted:

Looking at that prototype, I wish Hasbro would give double jointed elbows for females another shot. I think their current couple of female bucks are fantastic, but I wish their arms could come up more than 90° at the elbow.

Let's just be happy they finally figured out how to make female figures without derp faces.

Except for Leia figures.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Lol Mattel, you huge piece of poo poo company

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

I LOVE their last kickstarter and donated generously and now have four beautiful bird based action figures. These...eh...generic fantasy figures just don't offer me anything I haven't seen before

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I still regret not getting in on that last one and not getting the SO GOD DAMNED AMERICAN BIRDMAN they had. :911:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'm just happy they've gotten away from furrybait action figures.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Duke Igthorn posted:

I LOVE their last kickstarter and donated generously and now have four beautiful bird based action figures. These...eh...generic fantasy figures just don't offer me anything I haven't seen before

I hate their ork designs. They're way too clean, and they're armor looks like actual armor made by armor makers, not sheets of scrap metal nailed to their bodies.

Terrible orks.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

Are they going to finally give us the Dinosaurs and the other creatures?

Because there's so many figures that need beasts and vehicles. My MOTUC shelf is like a wall of flesh.

Also speaking of beasts and men I found these while perusing Toysrus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_i=desktop

The Papo fantasy figures are cheap and yet highly detailed. They're pretty good at being "generic fantasy stand in"

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 10, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

boom boom boom posted:

I hate their ork designs. They're way too clean, and they're armor looks like actual armor made by armor makers, not sheets of scrap metal nailed to their bodies.

Terrible orks.

Maybe these are a different breed. I better consult my orc books.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Oh poo poo!

Prepare for endless innuendo and probably a lot of rapeface Woody pictures when Roxy comes out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Went to Toy R Us today since my reward 10 bucks came in and found the entire Odin line in. Got Captain Marvel and Scarletwitch for 30. :toot:

Since my thread in SA Mart fell into the archives, I was wondering if anyone was wanting to buy some BAF pieces from me. Dunno how much to sell them for, so just name a price (with shipping) and I probably go for it.

(not shown is the axe for Old Odin along with the Axe and head for Terrax)

Rirse fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 11, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snake Plissken arrived. I like him. Not a perfect figure, likeness looks good in some angles and not so much in others....but it's nice and I love his accessories. I'll get pics of those later.

Here's some moody shots.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the Matty newsletter is stating that there's going to be a new Subscription service which is worded to make it sound like it's not going to be a continuation of MOTUC.

But they're showing a piece of plastic that is like this green club tail thing(which is the most shittiest way of teasing a new figure). Suffice to say I am most rather confused

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009
Anyone besides me have a Sideshow Premium Format addiction?

I'm gonna need a bigger place.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've got a couple of those (Ivy, Red Sonja).
Another fantastic one is the Lara Croft one they did a year or two ago. It's huge and looks amazing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the Matty newsletter is stating that there's going to be a new Subscription service which is worded to make it sound like it's not going to be a continuation of MOTUC.

But they're showing a piece of plastic that is like this green club tail thing(which is the most shittiest way of teasing a new figure). Suffice to say I am most rather confused

At the risk of my taint being reaped ...

What they are teasing is a 200x addon subscription they will reveal and start taking orders after Toy Fair. The tail shown is from a character called Ceratus from the 2000 cartoon. The addon is similar to the POP addon they did last year, 7 figures are planned.

They will also be doing a preorder for Snake Mountain, similar to their Castle Grayskull they did two years back. It should be $350 and release early 2016.

MOTUC is going to continue after this year as well. It just won't be called "Classics" hence the fake end of the line thing.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I still remember actual MOTU toys. I guess it's easy to rationalize the ludicrous price of the figures/playsets/subscription access as a collector's niche, especially since there isn't a cartoon in current synication... but still, it's depressing as hell.

I also recognize this isn't a novel thought.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

Snake Plissken arrived. I like him. Not a perfect figure, likeness looks good in some angles and not so much in others....but it's nice and I love his accessories. I'll get pics of those later.

Here's some moody shots.

You should turn it into a Captain Ron figure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the Spirit of Greyskull sold out within 2 minutes.

*edit*
Actually it was under 2 minutes because most people lost their order while they were filling out the recapta. That and also if you added the figure to the cart the price jumped to 300 dollars. Ofcourse people rationalized the 300 dollar price tag.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 12, 2015

Marf Revus
Apr 20, 2010

Meh

enigmatikone posted:

Anyone besides me have a Sideshow Premium Format addiction?

A little bit. Have that Harley to go with Joker, Batman, Wolverine, Sabretooth & Hellboy. Not quite sure what I'm going to do once the giant Grey Hulk shows up (or even Dr. Doom for that matter)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the Spirit of Greyskull sold out within 2 minutes.

*edit*
Actually it was under 2 minutes because most people lost their order while they were filling out the recapta. That and also if you added the figure to the cart the price jumped to 300 dollars. Ofcourse people rationalized the 300 dollar price tag.

Mattel charged $300 for it?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

No, just for some reason when they pull an item from their early access screen it goes up two decimal points. They just end up getting canceled before they are charged.

They have a terrible online store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

No, just for some reason when they pull an item from their early access screen it goes up two decimal points. They just end up getting canceled before they are charged.

I'm so glad I never got hooked by that series.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

People got email messages. Apparently the 1 minute sell out was to drive intrest in the figure and future subscriptions. However this is usually the first time during the year where current subscribers use early access.

Also assholes ordered like 5-9 figures at once.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

threezero toys landed the Breaking Bad contract. Holy poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TIGHT! TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT.

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009
lcs ftw

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Concept art from the 2015 Funko catalog:

Part 1
Part 2

And we finally get officially licensed Pope figures!

Seinfeld stuff!

Some other images from Toy Fair:

Jubs fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 14, 2015

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
How have they kept the pop vinyl fad going? I figured they'd go the way of mighty muggs by now, but they keep cranking them out.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Who the gently caress is gonna buy a Superbad toy?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Who keeps buying these things?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

It seems like every three to five years some kind of lovely exaggerated head type cheap figures take a hold on the comic market. But yeah, these have definitely overstayed their welcome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bushifox posted:

How have they kept the pop vinyl fad going? I figured they'd go the way of mighty muggs by now, but they keep cranking them out.

They're small and people can fit tons of them on their shelves. Mighty Muggs were huge.

And probably more importantly they make everyone so for some people it's the only thing out there of their favorite character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those Doctor Who Pops are going to be impossible to find, calling it now. Worse than Supernatural Pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

And probably more importantly they make everyone so for some people it's the only thing out there of their favorite character.