Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Spanakopita's ownership status needs to become the new "Kim Question" at conventions.

It was a great episode, though. Really pretty much all of Season 5 was flawless. Although I hold a grudge against Sphinx Rising for introducing a Cobra Commander analog into the universe and almost immediately throwing a knife through his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
St. Cloud is gonna end up claiming he has a worldwide patent to the concept of Spanakopita spinach pies through his contract and make more than what he paid for it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JT Jag posted:

St. Cloud is gonna end up claiming he has a worldwide patent to the concept of Spanakopita spinach pies through his contract and make more than what he paid for it.

Billy and White take down his scheme by promoting spinach pies under another name. Quizzing is involved somehow.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

(St. Cloud takes the pastry off the plate of a tourist in Greece.) I own Spanikopita! Spinach was a dear friend.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

I think Spanikopita is my favourite episode of season 5, because it reminds me so much of the kind of episode they would make in season 1. A little adventure to a far away place, mostly loving around when they get there, not really related to the story at large, and as confusing to some people as a Perry Bible Fellowship comic.

Speaking of, would you believe PBF suddenly started updating again a couple weeks ago after god knows how long? :psyduck:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Hey so did Rusty say clothes or clones?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ahh, stop yer whining. When I was your age there was this show called Lost...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Nintendo Kid posted:

Billy and White take down his scheme by promoting spinach pies under another name. Quizzing is involved somehow.

"Eat the spanikopita, Quizboy."

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Data Graham posted:

Speaking of, would you believe PBF suddenly started updating again a couple weeks ago after god knows how long? :psyduck:

It's because Nicholas Gurewitch did a Kickstarter and one of the stretch goals was "release several new PBF comics". I'm guessing we'll have another dry stretch.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah, I'd believe it because month/year long waits between comics is a regular thing for PBF nowadays.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It's because Nicholas Gurewitch did a Kickstarter and one of the stretch goals was "release several new PBF comics". I'm guessing we'll have another dry stretch.

Yeah the official promise was 6 new comics in 6 days...that didn't happen

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

But did he say 6 days in a row?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Oh good, I was starting to think that I was alone in my thought that Steve Yun was missing a lot of jokes during his rewatches

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Somebody ask Jackson or Doc about Spanakopita on Twitter or at a convention so that they write a future episode where Giorgios turns into a born again Christian

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That's right buddy, roll with the punches.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm embarrassed to be associated with this thread and this is coming from someone that once openly speculated that the Borg must all be sexual deviants because they assimilated the sexual tastes of countless species.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair that's a valid point.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I don't know if I have really terrible taste or not, but I love St. Cloud and hope we get more of him in the new season.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sash! posted:

I'm embarrassed to be associated with this thread and this is coming from someone that once openly speculated that the Borg must all be sexual deviants because they assimilated the sexual tastes of countless species.

Would love to see the two-parter where they defeat the borg by sending them a shuttle full of bronies.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pick posted:

Would love to see the two-parter where they defeat the borg by sending them a shuttle full of bronies.

The Borg don't assimilate inferior forms of life

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

WrathOfBlade posted:

Spanakopita's ownership status needs to become the new "Kim Question" at conventions.

It was a great episode, though. Really pretty much all of Season 5 was flawless. Although I hold a grudge against Sphinx Rising for introducing a Cobra Commander analog into the universe and almost immediately throwing a knife through his face.

His voice was so amazingly grating.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Zasze posted:

Why are you yelling?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Zasze posted:

I feel bad for his voice actor. Yikes.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

tarlibone posted:

at some point they'd have to make millions of dollars worth of spanikopita.

there is no set price for a pie. they could make one pie and say it costs billions of dollars just because and give st cloud that one pie

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man, away from this thread for two days and saw a ton of replies. Thought we got a release date announcement :(

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Red posted:

I feel bad for his voice actor. Yikes.

It was Publick so he really brought it on himself

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Man, away from this thread for two days and saw a ton of replies. Thought we got a release date announcement :(

God forbid people discuss things in a thread

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Do you know what thread you are in?

There is always one person hoping they annouce a date when the season would air. :v:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It was Publick so he really brought it on himself

The credits said it was Chris McCullough?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Steve Yun posted:

That's Jackson Publick's real name.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Publick is McCullough's nom de guerre

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Like most threads involving antsy toe-tapping while the promise of more content dangles before the posters for far too long, I'm now unsure where the joke posts of stupidity stop and the real posts of stupidity begin.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

♪♪The Dreams I buried♪♪
♪♪With robot fingers♪♪
♪♪They linger♪♪
♪♪Why Rusty♪♪
♪♪The Man of Action♪♪
♪♪Like muscle mothers, not brothers♪♪
♪♪On grand adventures♪♪
♪♪They pushed me with them♪♪
♪♪For mayhem♪♪
♪♪Who's Rusty♪♪
♪♪I'm Rusty♪♪

stuck in my head all week, goddamnit

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I was listening to a Doc Hammer interview recently and apparently Mike Lazzo suggested they do a proper "Rust!" episode, but they shrugged it off because musical episodes are dumb.

My dreams are buried. :(

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

So for some loving reason, I'm still trying to find this song from Operation P.R.O.M.. Some weirdo posted the whole episode on Youtube, so it's this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EfiImXyHq4&t=1763s

Someone help me before I go insane. What is that background song?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What the hell is a muscle mother?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Genderswapped leather daddy?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I'm guessing that's the rest of classic Team Venture, Kano in particular- they served as the surrogate mothers to his neglectful father, and they never treat him as an equal.

There's a whole lot of subtext of Baby Boomer/Gen-X adults being petty, small children (sometimes literally) compared to their larger-than-life, take-charge Greatest Generation parents- tons and tons of it in that little snippet of the Rusty musical we got.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Tatsuta Age posted:

So for some loving reason, I'm still trying to find this song from Operation P.R.O.M.. Some weirdo posted the whole episode on Youtube, so it's this part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EfiImXyHq4&t=1763s

Someone help me before I go insane. What is that background song?
I've tried running it through Shazam and Soundhound, and neither returns any results. It's been posted on youtube a few times and dozens of people have posted asking what the song was, but nobody seems to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
It's probably a soundalike they or Thirwell did, then.