Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

redwalrus posted:

Can you login with an alt and take the items from the container temporarily and store them that way?

Right now you're limited to one character per server. That was the smart way to do it before that change, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

edit: Hold on a minute... are the official H1Z1 forums seriously just a link to loving reddit?

Eh, it's free forum with a great layout. While the rest of the reddit community might be a little :sperg: there's plenty of great content.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Also, once player after the Tuesday patch I actually find things every few minutes as opposed to one thing every few hours.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

So you charge for "early access" to a game that will be free to play, and then you can buy items in the game as well. And of course you take a hatchet to as much staff as possible as soon as you launch your "early access" in order to cash in as profitably as possible.

http://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-at-everquest-studio-today-1685243961

Why on earth people keep supporting these lovely business practices with their money and attention is beyond me.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

they rack disciprine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pryor on Fire posted:

So you charge for "early access" to a game that will be free to play, and then you can buy items in the game as well. And of course you take a hatchet to as much staff as possible as soon as you launch your "early access" in order to cash in as profitably as possible.

Why on earth people keep supporting these lovely business practices with their money and attention is beyond me.

im glad of it

please fire smedley and higby

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tab8715 posted:

Eh, it's free forum with a great layout. While the rest of the reddit community might be a little :sperg: there's plenty of great content.

look at this guy over here thinking reddit is a great layout

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Pryor on Fire posted:

This actually isn't surprising, given that they can no longer suckle on the teet that is Sony. They probably didn't leave Sony with huge capital reserves either, and if you think about their existing IPs, none of them are huge revenue generators.

At this stage, their entire future will be predicated on H1Z1 generating enough money for them to finish EQNext, or they will go under completely.

Which, when you think about it, is actually totally fine, since they will sell off their IPs and more competent companies might pick them up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

This actually isn't surprising, given that they can no longer suckle on the teet that is Sony. They probably didn't leave Sony with huge capital reserves either, and if you think about their existing IPs, none of them are huge revenue generators.

At this stage, their entire future will be predicated on H1Z1 generating enough money for them to finish EQNext, or they will go under completely.

Which, when you think about it, is actually totally fine, since they will sell off their IPs and more competent companies might pick them up.

imagine if blizzard made a loving planetside game

i'd literally figuratively jizz myself

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I hopped on because SOE making a stupid PvP survival zombie game seemed amusing but now they are out on their own and staking their existence on it being a success? :stare:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I hopped on because SOE making a stupid PvP survival zombie game seemed amusing but now they are out on their own and staking their existence on it being a success? :stare:

yea, if anything it has the least possible chance out of EQ, PS, and this game

EQ is EQ, and people are going to play it no matter what
there isn't really another game like Planetside that exists
H1Z1? if the devs do anythign to gently caress up they can literally go to any of the other zombie survival games they already own

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I never played any other survival horror MMOs but if we take that into context, fixed the bugs, removed the hackers and added the needed polish how would this stack up to competitors?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Tab8715 posted:

I never played any other survival horror MMOs but if we take that into context, fixed the bugs, removed the hackers and added the needed polish how would this stack up to competitors?

If they removed the hackers and polished it up it would be the best of the PvP-centric survival zombie games.

But that is true of every single PvP-centric survival zombie game currently available.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Eonwe posted:

imagine if blizzard made a loving planetside game

i'd literally figuratively jizz myself

Planetside 3 with a corruption faction

and larger max shoulderpads

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Planetside 3 with a corruption faction

and larger max shoulderpads

lmao, yea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

If they removed the hackers and polished it up it would be the best of the PvP-centric survival zombie games.

But that is true of every single PvP-centric survival zombie game currently available.

yea

this is better than dayZ and the other ones in terms of the user interface

its pretty much exactly the same as far as hackers, etc go

so even now its the best one, but people who are really into these games have been eating poop sandwiches for such a long time that you only have until the next zombie survival game coming out to really make a name for yourself

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I tried the Arma 3 Epoch mod. It is cool and good

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Every one of these games would be the best one if they "solved the hacker problem" so that kinda tells you the actual content doesn't really matter because these all have various spins on base building, scavenging, zombie stuff and so on. People just want a game without hackers and no studio from big ones with tons of developers to little ones with a risk taking attitude and fresh ideas has been able to accomplish it.

The magic feature of the genre isn't a fantastic crafting system, scary and exciting zombies or next gen cupboard rummaging simulation... it's just not having every play session punctuated with a hacker encounter.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Has anyone ever actually been killed by a zombie in this game?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Hahaha pity from the DayZ devs:

Hicks posted:

If any of my friends over at SoE/Daybreak get bad news today, drop me an email and I will do whatever I can to help out.

How long until "Daybreak" folds?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hahaha pity from the DayZ devs:

How long until "Daybreak" folds?

Not long probably, the investment firm that bought them is probably just going to keep a skeleton crew going while they cut costs as much as possible and then start selling IPs in the hopes of making at least a small amount of money.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll buy the planet side ip

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Verisimilidude posted:

I've been killed afk by a zombie.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
They've actually been banning a TON of teleport hackers, they're banning within a day or two based on logs. I've been watching hack site forums actively. They're actually doing a better job than any other game is, trust me. People will get tired of wasting money soon. What's going on is they're getting around bans, but they still have to buy a new account.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Giving H1Z1 and planetside to competent devs would be amazing. However knowing what happens to F2P games they'll both likely get the APB treatment.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Giving H1Z1 and planetside to competent devs would be amazing. However knowing what happens to F2P games they'll both likely get the APB treatment.

they are absolutely going to get the APB treatment

hopefully they'll sell off the IPs

imagine if a real company with the balls to make their employees work decided to make a loving planetside 2 game

also Blizzard would legit probably buy the EQ IP if it were for sale

DarkStryke
Jun 7, 2006

Eonwe posted:

also Blizzard would legit probably buy the EQ IP if it were for sale

Furor, you can come home now..

EQ lore with blizzard polish would probably be a bucket list item.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That would be a pretty sweet out for Bliz: everyone is sick of WoW and expects them to reinvent the MMO next time they make one, but if they pick up the Everquest brand they don't gotta do poo poo except make a cool new Everquest, and they already did that once

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Looks like the guy that writes patch notes was spared the chopping block.

quote:

Servers will go down at 3AM PST 2/12 for approximately 2 hours.

Release notes

1911 Lowered Hip Fire and Iron Sight horizontal Recoil Lowered Damage Improved overall consistency while firing.

AR15 Increased Hip Fire recoil.

Shotgun Lowered damage per pellet Lowered horizontal recoil Lowered pellet count Slightly increased fire rate Adjusted pellet spread Decreased pellet speed Increased pellet weight Decreased amount of bleeding caused when hit by shotgun

Updated Steam API to fix some crashes. Items that had the same placed and dropped item (like landmines) now have a different dropped item. You shouldn’t be able to accidentally drop them and blow yourself up anymore.

Lighting has been given a significant overhaul, it should now look better in almost all circumstances. We’re not done yet, but this change should address any lighting problems that effect game play. You will most likely find some lighting artifacts(bright objects or strange glittering effects). We are aware and will address these as they come up. Feel free to report these.

Objects will retain their orientation during placement mode when they change what surface they are being placed on.

Free placed objects (ie, campfires, furnaces, animal traps, etc) cannot be stacked on top of each other.

All placed objects can no longer collide with other objects, including player placed objects and static designer placed objects. This means that foundations cannot interpenetrate with other foundations, shacks, buildings, vehicles, roads, or anything else. Free placed objects also can’t interpenetrate with the same objects, excluding the object they are being placed on (ie, still be placed on a road, but not when colliding with a destroyed car).

Fixed a bug with socket bound placement objects (ie, stairs on a foundation, barricade on a window, or anything that snaps to a fixed position) that allowed multiple of these objects to interpenetrate each other (a common case was stairs overlapping stairs). Passively equipped items (ie, weapons not currently in your hands), will now appear on the character.

Cannot place free-placed objects on rocks and tree stumps

Key bindings can now be re-mapped. After selecting an action, press the key to map to that action. Pressing [Esc] will cancel the key bind. Holding [Esc] will clear the currently mapped key. Users cannot bind a key to multiple actions in the same action set. Also added a button to reset all key bindings to default.

Collision resist values adjusted for the vehicles to reduce the damage taken from impacts, particularly when landing hard on the suspension and wheels. Lighting system updated.

All weather and light sources adjusted with new lighting values. Please report any strange behavior (i.e. flashlights too bright).

Battle Royale

When the match ends, if you don't exit the match quickly , your game client may end up in an unconnected state. We're fixing this for the next update.

Battle Royale: Vehicle Spawn Counts set to be consistent with survival .

Battle Royale: End screen now shows your rank and your rewards.

Battle Royale: Map now displays a “safe zone” ring.

Battle Royale: Revamped fog movement phases

Battle Royale: Adjusted rewards to more align with our final payouts (Excessive payouts previously were for testing purposes, BR is still not ready for the consumption of event tickets and will continue to get updates, thanks for helping us test and polish BR so far!)

Battle Royale: Removed crate keys from rewards

Battle Royale: Removed crates from 2nd-4th (1st place will still earn a crate along with all other current awards)

Battle Royale: Lowered the amount of tickets awarded for 1st-4th 1st: 2 tickets 2nd: 1 ticket 3rd: 1 ticket 4th: 1 ticket

Battle Royale: Added an Event Ticket reward for 9th-12th

Battle Royale: Keep in mind these rewards are based on a 48-64 player max BR, the 200 man BR will have a different set of rewards

drat good patch, assuming the new lighting engine doesn't make your video card explode. Also sad to see the wacky stacked/overlapping foundation bases will now be a thing of the past. I should take some screenshots of Pleasant Valley on Willamette to preserve some piece of their majesty.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i love that the most looked for feature in this genre is no script kiddies. it says so much about people's wanton desire to :homebrew: just to generate tears.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They neglected to mention it but they fixed the player loading into the game before placed structures so this means you can't just log out and log in through barricades anymore. But it also means you can log out of your base and actually log back in it instead of under it.

I tried my damndest to find a shotgun to test out and found tons of ammo for it but no actual gun. Lots and lots of AR15s, hunting rifles and pistols, though. Pistols, BTW, kinda suck now because it takes 2-3 headshots to kill a zombie with one so I can only imagine how many a player can take.

Lighting system is nice but way too goddamn bright. I expect it to be toned down in the next patch and apparently it does weird things with fog.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Verisimilidude posted:

I didn't know about the Q key to push them off, before it was a gameplay/loading tip. So yes, I did.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014

Republicans posted:

Pistols, BTW, kinda suck now because it takes 2-3 headshots to kill a zombie with one so I can only imagine how many a player can take.

that explains why this fucker didn't die after i shot him in the head with one, had to shoot him twice before he died.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hard times for Daybreak, drat these low oil prices affecting everything.

Any chance of this game working on my intel NUC i3 ? I'd like to try it but it's not like im going to buy a gaming PC.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Blazing Zero posted:

i love that the most looked for feature in this genre is no script kiddies. it says so much about people's wanton desire to :homebrew: just to generate tears.

After going through War Z's launch, I feel like once a company realizes they're making more money from "banning" the hackers who re-buy accounts than they are from the non-cheating players, the countdown starts to abandoning the game based on how long it takes word to circulate that non-hackers needn't bother with it at all and they just run out the clock on steam sale impulse buyers. Although I am curious how that strategy would affect a microtransaction f2p game versus a single buy-in title.

Lithitt
Dec 28, 2012
Me and Ron have been screwing around on the Blackout server the last couple of days and a currently playing. Not a lot of goons seems to be around, but If any goons fancy joining us you should totally join us on mumble.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
i'll link the lovely info for mumble again

look at all this "alpha" fun we're having

Ron fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 14, 2015

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ron posted:

look at all this "alpha" fun we're having

Wait a minute, to walk around in this game do you just hold "w" or did they integrate QWOP walking mechanics?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Not much point in playing until the next patch/reset since all the loot spawns are not working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Republicans posted:

Not much point in playing until the next patch/reset since all the loot spawns are not working.

According to the devs on reddit its a server side issue - no client patch needed.

• Locked thread