Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I feel like I'm the only person interested in playing human the first go around. They aren't as bad as they are in the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Kuroyama posted:

Bought Xenoverse and the Season pass after seeing the video. Now I just gotta figure out who I'm gonna make.

A part of me wants to make Not!Luffy or Not!Naruto, or some other Goku clone. Are those options?

If you mean a literal Goku clone, you can unlock his outfit, and a "wig" of his hair (and his SSJ hair). The same guy who did that video with the voices made a very convincing Turles this way (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8x9t5RwI9I).

I don't think you could make Luffy or Naruto. You just can't make the dude thin enough to be Luffy, and there's no Naruto headband as far as I know. I think you can unlock Bardock's headband, and it's possible to get the color of the clothes right so it may resemble them in motion.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Firstborn posted:

If you mean a literal Goku clone, you can unlock his outfit, and a "wig" of his hair (and his SSJ hair). The same guy who did that video with the voices made a very convincing Turles this way (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8x9t5RwI9I).

I don't think you could make Luffy or Naruto. You just can't make the dude thin enough to be Luffy, and there's no Naruto headband as far as I know. I think you can unlock Bardock's headband, and it's possible to get the color of the clothes right so it may resemble them in motion.

I meant clone as in how Luffy and Naruto and others are basically the Goku of their series. I wasn't expecting super-exact clones, but that the options would include straw hats and jumpsuits that look like Naruto's.

I guess it would be better to say I wish my character could cosplay as Luffy. Or Naruto. Or Toriko. Maybe not Natsu, but only because he's from a different company.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I think Toriko is definitely possible. Sergio has videos of different accessories and stuff that you can look through to see if there's the items you wanted, but offhand I cannot remember. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8V3dbMMkXs

There's poo on a stick. Does this help you in some way?
E: I spotted Krillin's pimp hat.
E2: I also see an open vest.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 12, 2015

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah I'm so pleased right now.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I wasn't gonna buy this expensive-rear end game but once I heard Taka I knew I had to buy it.

God dammit Nappa.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to have to buy this now too aren't I?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Xibanya posted:

I wasn't gonna buy this expensive-rear end game but once I heard Taka I knew I had to buy it.

God dammit Nappa.

I'm shocked that they haven't advertised it at all. You'd think that having a voice done by Team Four Star would have this exact effect of upping sales.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
A lot of those voices are amazing, but oh my god. Tempted to scrap my idea for my first Saiyan to make a "Ghost" Nappa now. Very tempted.

Love how all the VAs are kind of awkward pronouncing Goten's "Kamekameha." Like they're worried if they're saying it right. It's a nice touch. :3:

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 12, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Caros posted:

I'm shocked that they haven't advertised it at all. You'd think that having a voice done by Team Four Star would have this exact effect of upping sales.

My guess is because it would draw attention to DBZA, which is on shaky legal ground as it is. Endorsing it in an official product might run afoul of shareholders. That is to say, Funination is part of a public company, so shareholders who don't actually give a poo poo about DBZ could make trouble.

Ideally Funimation would have Team Four Star on payroll and then just keep letting them do their thing, but try writing that budget requisition. It does seem clear though that some head honchos at Funimation (like Sabat) do love DBZA.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 12, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Makes you wonder why they bothered to record anyone else at all, because :allears: TFS Nappa :allears:. I thought the game looked like rear end, but I might have to get it after all now. I'm sorry, wallet.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a whole legion of Nappa clones on release now, that voiceset is just too good to pass up

'Tryhard - attack!' sums up a good 95% of special moves that appear on the show perfectly too

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Caros posted:

KaiserNeko tweeted about the leak last night but took it down. It showed up on my Fenix app and I couldn't respond or anything, so it must have just been saved locally temporarily. He said it leaked and it was awesome but he couldn't talk about it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
When they do the TFS plays of Xenoverse he won't even have to play if he doesn't want to.

Caros
May 14, 2008

VanSandman posted:

When they do the TFS plays of Xenoverse he won't even have to play if he doesn't want to.

Really what they need now is an official TFS redub of the Xenoverse plotline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I suspect that this is a quiet injoke that they're not really legally allowed to talk about. Which is fine, it doesn't hurt nothin'.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I bet it's more they can't legally talk about it because this is datamined from the japanese release of the game

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If anything is going to get the DBZA treatment out-of-order I'd hope it's Return of F, LittleKuriboh absolutely owned his Frieza role and it's the best arc TFS have done to date, and it'd be the perfect opportunity to revisit the character to boot

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 12, 2015

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
It's a shame they couldn't get LittleKuroboh to do his Frieza voice for the game, that'd make it a Day 1 purchase for me.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Brony Hunter posted:

It's a shame they couldn't get LittleKuroboh to do his Frieza voice for the game, that'd make it a Day 1 purchase for me.

I feel similar. TFS Nappa is cool and all, but there are quite a few characters from DBZA I'd rather see, Vegeta and Piccolo (with Nail and Kami) chief among them. Also they should really throw in a TFS TIen as a foil to Nappa so I can go around taunting them with a "I'm the only serious character in this game. That's the joke" quote.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Taka is an actual VA, he was probably the easiest to contact and sign for voicework. The only other Actual VA on the team is Antfish, IIRC.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Crazy Larry posted:

I feel similar. TFS Nappa is cool and all, but there are quite a few characters from DBZA I'd rather see, Vegeta and Piccolo (with Nail and Kami) chief among them. Also they should really throw in a TFS TIen as a foil to Nappa so I can go around taunting them with a "I'm the only serious character in this game. That's the joke" quote.

I think this is asking way too much of what's likely just a cute fan thing and a counterpart to the japanese version also having a silly, heavily ad-libbed voice (which a lot of Namco Bandai games with CaC have, like God Eater)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I feel like the only person happy Patrick Seitz is doing some lines. His voice has always been perfect for this kinda job I feel.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like the lines Seitz is doing here, but when I look at his body of work I can't see anything I'm too familiar with.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I checked the Kazenshuu forums to see if I could get more info on Taka's cameo and the xenoverse thread is full of sperglords who are angry at the game makers for "pandering" to fans by including him and people claiming they hate DBZA.

Nerds.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

In regards to Kanzensuu, he mentioned in yesterday's Xenoverse podcast that costumes have stats. Do you know if you can maintain the "look" of a costume without compromising stats?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Well, many of the costumes are identical just with different stats and movesets. I don't think you'll have a problem finding a look to go with the stats you want.

How cool would it be if they did a DBZA voice pack as DLC? They seem eager to do a lot of DLC for the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xibanya posted:

I checked the Kazenshuu forums to see if I could get more info on Taka's cameo and the xenoverse thread is full of sperglords who are angry at the game makers for "pandering" to fans by including him and people claiming they hate DBZA.

Nerds.

Pandering? The entire game is pandering! YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHARACTER.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Xibanya posted:

Nerds.

hilarious considering the actual kazenshuu staff is friends with TFS

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I've never understood why pandering is a bad thing. I like being pandered to.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Some Numbers posted:

Pandering? The entire game is pandering! YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHARACTER.

Personally I'm shocked that the game that had a trailer featuring the line "The hero is Goku-NO! THE HERO IS YOU!!!" is being accused of pandering. Can't imagine why.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I can see certain times when pandering is derogatory, especially if it's pandering to the wrong audience...

Another goon on last page or before put it best when they said that he was surprised and felt good that they knew their audience well enough to include a TFS voice. That takes another level of DBZ fandom to have watched and knew the series, and then a familiarity with an internet parody of it. To me, it's beautiful. If you don't know TFS, it just sounds like a voice you might put on some student of Mr. Satan or something.

I honestly think it's kind of ground breaking. While it's true games will have mention to internet memes and stuff, I think this takes it a big step further.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

VanSandman posted:

I've never understood why pandering is a bad thing. I like being pandered to.

Quite frankly I wish I were pandered to more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As someone who hates it when other people enjoy something that I don't, I totally get where they're coming from and recommend that all future Dragon Ball casting decisions are referred directly to me, DarKKakkarot420, before any one else.

I bet those TFS didn't even have their first fap to Bulma. Newbs. :colbert:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
When I think that TFS made it legitimately into the licensed product, it still kind of sends me reeling.

TFS Nappa isn't my favorite DBZA character or anything, but it's just so goddamn incredible.

A quick Google search told me that all the FUNi VAs really like DBZA, and I think there's a video somewhere with Chris Sabat playing along for a crowd at a convention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2mBle5_JM

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
The kind of spergs who would regularly post to the Kazenshuu forums of all places are probably the same kind of nerds who are so attached to their "fandom" that they would view new fans coming in from the popularity of DBZA as people infringing on their "turf".

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Esroc posted:

The kind of spergs who would regularly post to the Kazenshuu forums of all places are probably the same kind of nerds who are so attached to their "fandom" that they would view new fans coming in from the popularity of DBZA as people infringing on their "turf".

They're also the type of nerd that can't take a joke or any sort of criticsim, and don't realize that DBZA isn't actually mocking their glorious, perfect, punchman animu.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

has anyone made arale in the character creator yet

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Feels good to be genuinely excited about a DBZ game for once. Literally cannot wait to play as Emperor Zefira, alternate universe Frieza and cartoonishly super heroic space king. Take Great Saiyaman as mentor for optimal goober factor :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Neo_Crimson posted:

They're also the type of nerd that can't take a joke or any sort of criticsim, and don't realize that DBZA isn't actually mocking their glorious, perfect, punchman animu.

Yeah, I think no matter what fandom you're a part of, once you reach a certain level of Spergnerd your sense of humour plummets.

• Locked thread