Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

FYI, there was a miniature Reality Show Show in the recent WSGLL if you watch Vanderpump Rules. Also last night's Bachelor and last weeks Challenge would have made a mindblowing reality show show this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Sean guested on episode 219 of "Gilmore Guys", a 2-hour long p-cast of what a gay couple thought about a single episode of the Gilmore Girls. It was pretty good!

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I really miss The Reality Show Show these days. I'm tired of the bits they do over and over on Hollywood Handbook.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Beeez posted:

I really miss The Reality Show Show these days. I'm tired of the bits they do over and over on Hollywood Handbook.

EH, WRONG!

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Back To 99 posted:

EH, WRONG!

Your EH, WRONG! is EH, WRONG!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
EH...a little column A, a little column B.
I love HH but drat I do feel a longing for some more RSS. I even watched the god-awful Utopia reality show for a little while in some perverted hope they would come back.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sadly I don't think it will ever happen because no one was listening and they said in some interview that the amount of time they had to spend on reality shows every week just to get enough material for one episode was a hassle

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But a while after the show ended they did kinda do one more episode for Vulture if you never heard that

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/best-reality-show-real-world-vs-project-runway.html

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Help Im Alive posted:

But a while after the show ended they did kinda do one more episode for Vulture if you never heard that

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/best-reality-show-real-world-vs-project-runway.html
I have, but it's still great :unsmith:

Also I used the Handbook coupon for a celebratory moment of shedding my pride and buying a Loot crate. Considering it an early march birthday present

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Sadly I don't think it will ever happen because no one was listening and they said in some interview that the amount of time they had to spend on reality shows every week just to get enough material for one episode was a hassle

Yeah, in the Gilmore Guys epi Sean said it was like 6 hours a week, I think for each of them. They apparently assigned themselves shows to watch to cover all the bases.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

I have, but it's still great :unsmith:

Also I used the Handbook coupon for a celebratory moment of shedding my pride and buying a Loot crate. Considering it an early march birthday present

No satire please, im 16.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

beepo posted:

Even if you don't really care about the picks, I think Get Up On This is entertaining and hosts have good chemistry together. For the most part they have a pretty good track record of getting interesting guests from outside of the usual podcast world too.

This is probably my favorite part of it. A lot of the people they get aren't huge, with the exception of Simon Helberg, Mike Shinoda, and Chad Gilbert, who aren't well known and are pretty drat cool. If it wasn't for this show, I would never have found out about Sarah Tiana.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
improv4humans is god tier this week

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
armen weitzman and its a parody of itself

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Besser is terrifying, did he just see Whiplash or something?
e: got 5 minutes in and the answer's yes.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 12, 2015

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Judge Clayjar posted:

armen weitzman and its a parody of itself

Yes yes yes yes, I've been waiting for him to show up on something other than a Horward backup

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So I've always assumed the transitional songs for the mini podcasts were dropped in later in UTU2TM. The live episode makes seem like they're played on the fly.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish RSS could only run when The Challenge was on, and that it would be the only show they would cover. I don't think I've ever seen so much as a second of The Challenge, but I loved it any time it came up on RSS. It was pretty obviously the only show they really enjoyed watching and discussing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Judge Clayjar posted:

improv4humans is god tier this week

It's like, lets do a parody of Whiplash where we all pretend we're bad improv students but also bring in Armen who, if he even took up Besser's offer of a free UCB class, would be a legit awful improv student. I still need to listen to the last 20 minutes of it but it's already one of my favorite episodes.

Armen grounds every scene with his borderline aspergers. I love it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The I4H episode is a podcast magnum opus

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's like, lets do a parody of Whiplash where we all pretend we're bad improv students but also bring in Armen who, if he even took up Besser's offer of a free UCB class, would be a legit awful improv student.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GVe391EFxA&index=1&list=PL37AF6D2B5580C8CD

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Oh gently caress. I don't know if my second-hand-awkward could take that I4H. It was fine on who charted because kulap is a nurturing presence who makes everything okay, to listen to Matt destroy Armen with no safety net...

I'm scared.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I haven't listened to it, but I hope everyone recognizes that it's a put-on.

http://splitsider.com/2014/11/sketch-anatomy-matt-besser-on-his-favorite-andy-kaufman-late-night-appearances/

Matt Besser posted:

I was on Who Charted? when Howard wasn't there and Kulap had Armen Weitzman guest hosting, and she had me on to dress him down because that's the dynamic we have when we do comedy, Armen and I. And to me he's the dope and I'm the angry straight man, and I just dressed him down for an hour. And to me it was funny and I think we both had a good time, but afterwards some people were Twittering me going "That's great that you gave him poo poo, he really deserves that!" or "Hey you were a little harsh on him blah blah blah" and to both those people I just feel like Do you not get that I'm playing a character and so is he? Half of what I was saying to him was "You didn't take your improv classes seriously" — I don't care if he took his improv classes seriously. He doesn't need improv classes, he's got his comedic voice, he knows what he does in comedy. It's just where we went with it, and I can't even remember the stuff we talked about, but none of it do I really care about in the real world, it was all there just for fodder for me to have something to yell out to Armen. So people who don't get that tone — I find that interesting, and like you said, it's a weeding out process, because some people hear that and go "Well that's mean!" or they'll listen to Armen and go "He's dumb!" or "He's dopey!" and it's like he's not dopey, he's doing a character! He's playing that up, that's what we want for him. He's playing up being a dope so I can play up being the angry straight man, and it's a funny dynamic, and if you choose to take it as real life, that's on you.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Drunkboxer posted:

So I've always assumed the transitional songs for the mini podcasts were dropped in later in UTU2TM. The live episode makes seem like they're played on the fly.

I figure they were only playing them on the fly here because there was a live audience expecting them to be played.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The timing of the I4H episode is pretty great in that it came out right after the Matt Besser kills his fans episode.

Evil Matt Besser should be a CBB character.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

and the office isn't a real life documentary but i still can't watch a lot of it cause it makes me feel weird

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I would be so on-board with a Lakers podcast hosted by Armen. "That's enough out of you, Jordan Hill! And you too, Sasha Vujacic's son."

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

mr.capps posted:

The I4H episode is a podcast magnum opus

I don't know how much editing that required, and obv all those improvisers were the best in the universe so it probably didn't even need that much, but that poo poo was amazing.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 13, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

Which episode of the Reality Show Show is the one where someone does the "So you're saying there's a chance?" Dumb and Dumber line on like the bachelor or something and Hayes and Sean do a whole bunch of Osmosis Jones quotes? I really want to find that again.

It was #25, Bro Down at around 15 minutes.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Sean guested on episode 219 of "Gilmore Guys", a 2-hour long p-cast of what a gay couple thought about a single episode of the Gilmore Girls. It was pretty good!

This podcast is fairly decent, though on early episodes you can tell that they listen to CBB and try a little too hard to be Scott. That being said, it is a funny podcast. They have had a few earwolf podcast regulars on.

Also I am absolutely certain that they are not gay. They do assert that early on. They are just very much confident in themselves that they can host a two hour podcast about Gilmore girls. I applaud that level of confidence. It takes balls for two straight men to say 'I don't give two shits. I'm going to talk at length about the fashion of Gilmore girls.'

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Have a lot of hope for Lapkus's podcast this week, the title is The Tom Leykis Radio Program.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kdrudy posted:

Have a lot of hope for Lapkus's podcast this week, the title is The Tom Leykis Radio Program.

I heard he's doing great.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rusty Kettle posted:

Also I am absolutely certain that they are not gay. They do assert that early on. They are just very much confident in themselves that they can host a two hour podcast about Gilmore girls. I applaud that level of confidence. It takes balls for two straight men to say 'I don't give two shits. I'm going to talk at length about the fashion of Gilmore girls.'

I figured I was going out on a limb but the only epi I listened to was the Sean one where they started listing states where they're considered, legally, the gilmore guys. Guess I've got "egg on my face."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's how you get into character to play Tom Leykis.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I think Lauren was actually running the sound board.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

With Special Guest has had its share of duds but holy poo poo this one had me from the intro. I love you Adomian.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Holy poo poo that episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus. Especially that ending.

cams posted:

I think Lauren was actually running the sound board.

According to her Twitter, it was Engineer Cody Cody running the soundboard.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

thefncrow posted:

Holy poo poo that episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus. Especially that ending.

According to her Twitter, it was Engineer Cody Cody running the soundboard.
Ah that makes sense, I just figured it wasn't James cause there are times you can hear him start to break when a sound cue surprises him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I kinda loved that she gave James 20 minutes of time alone just to set up how hosed up tomTOMtooomTAAHMtahmmTOOm is