Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ron's live reads are the best.

"Did I do 60 seconds? Ok let me give them a little more ..."

Goes on ten more minutes.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It's an old clip, but

Ron: "Two knissors walk into a bar--"
Dave: :roflolmao:

is much funnier than it deserves to be.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe this is old news but Ron mentioned R&F replay from 6-9 am on the Indie station.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
hipster ron finally makes it on to hipster station.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm so happy ":geno: party at the mewn tawhr" is becoming a thing.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Stuttering John was on O&J today and it was pretty interesting... he's the first person I've heard that got them (well, mostly Opie) to speak a little more openly IMO. It's worth a youtube listen for people that stopped listening to them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He also got Ant to talk about it on his last two shows. Still sounds like Opie is lying about things. Opie did admit neither or them liked the direction the other was taking the show, and if I had to guess Opie probably hated all of Ant's gun/race/political nonsense, and Ant probably hated Opie's family stories.

Opie did sort of slip and say that when Ant got fired the idea of doing the show without him was enticing in a way. Opie also admitted that they hired Jimmy because they couldn't stand each other at the time and Opie was ready to walk away (doubt that). Ant said he built the studio because Opie was always talking about not renewing contracts through out the years that he never knew when the show was going to end. Ant also said last night that if he was given the ultimatum to do either O&A or TACS he would stick with TACS.

Oh god I'm a 30 year old man writing about the highschool drama of two 50 year olds.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Listening to the past few days' shows, the party at the moon tower thing is killing me

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Stefan Prodan posted:

Listening to the past few days' shows, the party at the moon tower thing is killing me

It's "mewn tawhr"

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
pardy at the mewn tawhr

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
Listening to Rich Vos on so many just incorrect or plain out the rear end guesses on general knowledge stuff is astounding. How about a "Are you Smarter than Rich?" bit.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Spohhhhhtay

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Tevryr posted:

Listening to Rich Vos on so many just incorrect or plain out the rear end guesses on general knowledge stuff is astounding. How about a "Are you Smarter than Rich?" bit.
I mean... he lost a general knowledge game against Bobo. That should tell you all you need to know.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

I mean... he lost a general knowledge game against Bobo. That should tell you all you need to know.

Speaking of Bobo and losing, the physical fitness challenge is worth a re-listen just for the "gently caress YOU" at the end.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Renee Swellnigger.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Not exactly related to O&A&J specifically, but did anybody read Rolling Stone's article ranking all 141 cast members of Saturday Night Live? It's laughably bad. The writer (Rob Sheffield) ranks Jim Breuer at 139 and Norm MacDonald at 135, while putting people like Charles Rocket, Janeane Garofalo, Anthony Michael Hall and Sarah Silverman ahead of them.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/saturday-night-live-all-141-cast-members-ranked-20150211

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 13, 2015

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Paul Kersey posted:

Not exactly related to O&A&J specifically, but did anybody read Rolling Stone's article ranking all 141 cast members of Saturday Night Live? It's laughably bad. The writer (Rob Sheffield) ranks Jim Breuer at 139 and Norm MacDonald at 135, while putting people like Charles Rocket, Janeane Garofalo, Anthony Michael Hall and Sarah Silverman ahead of them.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/saturday-night-live-all-141-cast-members-ranked-20150211

I'm a huge Jim Breuer fan but I would hardly count SNL among his best work. Norm MacDonald that high on the list bewilders me however.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Paul Kersey posted:

You got me angry when I saw that Norm was 135, but then you listed Charles Rocket and Janeane Garofalo as rated higher and realized that this is a fake link you made to piss everyone off. Very clever sir, well played, but no one would ever believe such tomfoolery!

Edit: "Norm is just a Dennis Miller" clone. In what universe?

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 13, 2015

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I thought Norm was considered to be a somewhat of a legend of SNL? Guess not?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jyrka posted:

I thought Norm was considered to be a somewhat of a legend of SNL? Guess not?

Rolling Stone for years has made lists like these to piss people off. Any comedian with taste usually calls Norm one of the funniest people alive. I get saying how Colin Quinn wasn't utilized well for SNL, but tons of people, including weekend update anchors, call Norm the best anchor ever for weekend update.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

How Much Art posted:

Rolling Stone for years has made lists like these to piss people off. Any comedian with taste usually calls Norm one of the funniest people alive. I get saying how Colin Quinn wasn't utilized well for SNL, but tons of people, including weekend update anchors, call Norm the best anchor ever for weekend update.
Yeah, Rolling Stone has been doing bullshit lists like this decades before Buzzfeed or any internet site. I seem to recall their "Best Guitar Solos Of All Time" list where they ranked the Smells Like Teen Spirit solo significantly higher than Stairway to Heaven and such.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It's someone's opinion. Who cares, it is just content for an old magazine.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
rolling stone is boring and irrelevant, but i do like to take a peek, get a little taste once in a while, see where soundgarden stacks up.. THEY NEVER GO DEEP with soundgarden though! the Uncster goes DEEP with the soundgarden... like uhhh... what was that- whatever

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
^^^^^^^^^ Opester account spotted.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

bigman.50grand posted:

^^^^^^^^^ Opester account spotted.

right on motherfucker. use a fake name to insult me? i hate to uh sound arrogant or gently caress whatever but enough people know my name as Frost Uncle that they don't um... they don't uh need to be TOLD that it's some stupid name i got in GRADE SCHOOL that most people know me by - back me up on this jimmy - yer nothin' but a loving uh. a fuckin' coward and a hater and eeehhhh *voice rapidly increases pitch* i just don't got time for ya man, i got too much poo poo to deal with at this point of my life to have you callin' me out and throwin' me under the bus from the safety of yer FUCKIN' KEYBOARD

edit: lussen, i rarely... RARELY... go back and edit my posts but lussen... i'm gonna be AHNEST here... i'm gonna tell ya the truth, i'm gonna tear down the curtain for a second here and ahhh... lemme be AHNEST and say... ugh gently caress it you aren't even worth the time.. but really, you're a FRACTION....... A FUCKIN' FRACTION of the numbers that the people were or whatever - that used to come up with somethin' ORIGINAL to trash us with, Ya can't even be ORIGINAL? go gently caress yerself. consider yourself on the BLOCK list pal. GOODBYE

Frost Uncle fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 14, 2015

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Faceeee. Faceee.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Frost Uncle posted:

edit: lussen,

Oh man, that's a vurry accurate depiction of at-opie-radio-on-twitter. That had me HOWling

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Morter posted:

Oh man, that's a vurry accurate depiction of at-opie-radio-on-twitter. That had me HOWling

As perfect as can be, Period.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

*Does a live read about 50 Shades of Grey bear + movie combo, with audible distaste* If you want to dominate valentines day, then you should... :words:

*2 minutes later, when first read is over, after a long pause* ...Hey I haven't brought this up all day, but it's Valentine's Day tomorrow...

I loving love #Bangton

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

I loving love #Bangton

LOOK INTO YOUR HEART!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Frost Uncle posted:

i just don't got time for ya man, i got too much poo poo to deal with at this point of my life to have you callin' me out and throwin' me under the bus from the safety of yer FUCKIN' KEYBOARD
Pretty spot on, got me to chuckle :golfclap:

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I wasn't sure where to post this but I was looking up random celebrity's net worth and I stumbled onto Rich Vos' page. Celebrity net worth usually has nice little summaries of their career but it appears they let an O&A fan write his page for him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ohhhhh, Mimi Beardsley!

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

frenton posted:

I wasn't sure where to post this but I was looking up random celebrity's net worth and I stumbled onto Rich Vos' page. Celebrity net worth usually has nice little summaries of their career but it appears they let an O&A fan write his page for him.

"And now he's dodging her." holy gently caress yes

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4Gju8uIm8 Well then come back here and shut up....

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Frost Uncle posted:

"And now he's dodging her." holy gently caress yes
I love that they included his password. I forgot about that incident.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Jeez, Bill Burr killed at the Patrice benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wayeqvJLxyY

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Anything Bill Burr I'll watch, let's see how good this goes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Morter posted:

*Does a live read about 50 Shades of Grey bear + movie combo

YESSSSSSSSSS. I'D LIKE ONE TICKET FOR THE SHOW, PLEEASE.

Ronnie B is literally the only thing I miss about my cancelled XM subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Ronnie B is literally the only thing I miss about my cancelled XM subscription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JghkG4WydNk

• Locked thread