Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'm only going to do that every month if people want to be retarded so we can laugh at them I'm okay with that.

that wasn't a nice word to use but also thank you for letting this be a free space. too often freedom of speech is compromised in gaming and we need this thread as a bastion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

but don't use that word please

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I'm only going to do that every month if people want to be retarded so we can laugh at them I'm okay with that.

On the note of people being retarded, please close the Low IQ Gamer thread Eonwe, because it is very bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alain Post posted:

On the note of people being retarded, please close the Low IQ Gamer thread Eonwe, because it is very bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously it's real bad.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

that wasn't a nice word to use but also thank you for letting this be a free space. too often freedom of speech is compromised in gaming and we need this thread as a bastion

What if I used the word goober?

I'm willing to do that :3

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

please keep it open so i can keep posting at people in there thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

What if I used the word goober?

I'm willing to do that :3

goober is a cool word and ok in my book

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Goofygoober.avi(ripbyxXAnarky666)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Stux posted:

nerds don't like and are scared of women anyway and this has now manifest as a movement backed by breitbart (lol) which sends rape and death and bomb threats to any women who dare do anything with video games

Adam Bowen posted:

Gamergate is primarly a method for bad female game developers to sell games by posting "I just got a death threat, please buy my newsgrounds game for feminism" on Twitter

Lmfao you fukcing idiots

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

:laugh:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Monster hunter is out tomorrow and I'm happy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lmfao you fukcing idiots

further to this, the movement has been backed up by figures previously aligned against gaming, who called nerds betas and losers, but who joined in opportunely in order to make money off of a fearful group, not unlike fox news et al

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

further to this, the movement has been backed up by figures previously aligned against gaming, who called nerds betas and losers, but who joined in opportunely in order to make money off of a fearful group, not unlike fox news et al

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Monster hunter is out tomorrow and I'm happy
Sure hope you have a second stick.

Or mutant lobster hands.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

The Kins posted:

Or mutant lobster hands.

or a working L button.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I just use the lock on function yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Hooray!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol at all the idiot scum itt who don't have a new 3ds with built in second stick lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I just use the lock on function yeah
I didn't find the lock on as useful as I probably should have when I played the demo, but I was going in having never played a MH game before and probably expected it to behave more like Zelda 64's lock-on camera-wise. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime when I'm in a better mood.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Stux posted:

lol at all the idiot scum itt who don't have a new 3ds with built in second stick lmao

It's not really a proper stick though

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm pretty sure that darkest dungeon is a really good game and well balanced but that i am loving idiot and that is why i get surprise attacked at 100 light

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hubris.height posted:

i'm pretty sure that darkest dungeon is a really good game and well balanced but that i am loving idiot and that is why i get surprise attacked at 100 light
Check the stats on your party's seeing-eye dog. Maybe it's a satanophobe.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Kins posted:

Or mutant lobster hands.

smdh

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

A Spider Covets posted:

i like hagravens in skyrim theyre cool and dont care about dumb internet poo poo

what are your guys favorite scary-looking monsters in video games? please post a pic. here is mine. he is the president of hte dinner crew in spirit.

While Gaping Dragon is hell of gross that gif does a good job of making him look way scarier than he is

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

While Gaping Dragon is hell of gross that gif does a good job of making him look way scarier than he is

that applies to about 100% of the bosses in dark souls except maybe manus and maybe fume knight

if you know what you're doing, they're all bark, no bite

i like the gaping dragon's tiny fake head in the intro cutscene though

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kewpuh what is with the chucky gimmick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop:

by the way friends, you may buy this vision of loveliness from humble bundle for a mere $35!!!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mm haha

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Devolver Digital picked up and published this (Hatoful Boyfriend), the same company that published Serious Sam and Hotline Miami

just thought i'd point out how great they are

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Stux posted:

kewpuh what is with the chucky gimmick

i aint got to explain poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am really tempted to get that humble bundle just for that and I don't even have a pillow that would fit

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Im sorry people cant control their urge to use the report button Kewpuh :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats happening now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Nothing worth talking about.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think im done posting in the evolve thread

it was funny and now its no longer funny

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
reminder that the Duke Nukem Forever release threads which were some of the best threads ever are still in a mod-only forum and unavailable for viewing in the archives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Can't wait to have a three-way with my cyberdwarf dakimakura :huh:

• Locked thread