Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

a cartoon duck posted:

has anyone made arale in the character creator yet

You probably could make her. They have her hat as an accessory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno, it seems hard to make someone that short.

Firstborn posted:

I like the lines Seitz is doing here, but when I look at his body of work I can't see anything I'm too familiar with.
Yeah he did a lot of more niche/obscure stuff before recently. All you gotta know is he does loud and shoutty well. Also Scorpion from MK.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Feels good to be genuinely excited about a DBZ game for once. Literally cannot wait to play as Emperor Zefira, alternate universe Frieza and cartoonishly super heroic space king. Take Great Saiyaman as mentor for optimal goober factor :haw:

This is a pretty great idea. I was planning on making an alternate universe Raditz were he grew up on Earth instead of Goku, but it doesn't look like they have his hair available for the Character creator. :(

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Firstborn posted:

A quick Google search told me that all the FUNi VAs really like DBZA, and I think there's a video somewhere with Chris Sabat playing along for a crowd at a convention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2mBle5_JM

No joke a week before Sabat was to meet TFS he was doing a panel which some on was asking him about DBZ Kai, and it was taka and he got up on stage and they did the over 9000 thing.

Also seem to recall both lani and kaiser were doing voiceover work for an anime I think with funimation.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Tae posted:

Taka is an actual VA, he was probably the easiest to contact and sign for voicework. The only other Actual VA on the team is Antfish, IIRC.

Kaiserneko and Lanipator are also VAs, and in Texas now. Granted, their only roles so far are in the Nobunaga genderswap anime, but you gotta start somewhere.

I'd be willing to put money on them voicing the new guys in Return of F.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKWxRtn5-Yg
These are the English voices selectable for your CaC. Goddamn some of them are hilarious.

Edit:
One of the voices you can select is TFS Nappa.
ONE OF THE loving VOICES IS TFS NAPPA.
:siren: :siren: TFS NAPPA. :siren: :siren:
I officially retract my misgivings about Xenoverse. This is the most amazing thing ever. :aaaaa:

Blockhouse posted:

hilarious considering the actual kazenshuu staff is friends with TFS
There's also this:

"[s posted:

Suupaa Gohan 2[/s] A super spergy dumbass"]
They're shoving TFS people into official merchandise now? Asinine. These people have no legitimate connection with the franchise and should just be kept as far away from anything official as possible. Geez.

KaiserNeko posted:

What's a legitimate connection, exactly?
A nice :master: by KaiserNeko himself in Kanzenshuu's Xenoverse thread.:allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hate the people who don't take my series about a man named carrot and a man named vegetable fighting a pink blob monster named after a fairy tail who turns people into candy seriously.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
What's amusing is if you listen to some of their podcasts, gaming videos and behind the scenes stuff, it's very obvious that KaiserNeko is the biggest DB sperg who ever sperged. What sets him apart is that he's willing to make fun of the franchise and point out it's flaws.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dragon Ball Z is a serious and mature series and I won't stand idly by while some joke voice makes a mockery of my show! :colbert:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I won't stand idly by while Nappa, paragon of dignity and restraint, is profaned in this way.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ignore this

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Was there ever a better translation to the SNES DBZ RPG?

After a bit of scouring: No.

I kind of wish there was a sequel to the DS RPG.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 13, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Brony Hunter posted:

What's amusing is if you listen to some of their podcasts, gaming videos and behind the scenes stuff, it's very obvious that KaiserNeko is the biggest DB sperg who ever sperged. What sets him apart is that he's willing to make fun of the franchise and point out it's flaws.

Hell, all of the TFS guys legit know their poo poo re: DB. They kid because they love.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I just realized something that probably took me far too long to realize.

General Ivan aka the Abridged voice of Cooler and Dr. Gero, I'm pretty sure is the voice of Ichiya in Fairy Tail.(it has good music, shut up. The dub is good too) I just never put the two together because one is abridged and one isn't. It was the mention of the TFS crew transitioning into official work that made it snap into place and I looked it up. TFS Wiki says he has a role in FT although it doesn't specify but it has to be Ichiya.

Kind of a waste to have a voice as great as his on a secondary joke character but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NikkolasKing posted:

General Ivan aka the Abridged voice of Cooler and Dr. Gero, I'm pretty sure is the voice of Ichiya in Fairy Tail.(it has good music, shut up. The dub is good too) I just never put the two together because one is abridged and one isn't. It was the mention of the TFS crew transitioning into official work that made it snap into place and I looked it up. TFS Wiki says he has a role in FT although it doesn't specify but it has to be Ichiya.

Kind of a waste to have a voice as great as his on a secondary joke character but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

you can sort of see the next generation of actual voice talent being filtered in by the people who do fan stuff. Fairy Tail as well has Michael from Rooster Teeth doing a voice role, and really, if you're looking to hire new talent... why the hell not grab the guys who've spent the last few years getting experience doing something that, if you look at the views on their videos a LOT of people watch and listen to?

I mean if you can do it, and you're good, and you're young so you've got way more life as a voice talent left in you... why wouldn't you be hired?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The VA talent has been filtering through fandubs for a long time. Cristina Vee started doing auditions for someone's basement fandub audition years ago.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I believe it's standard VA procedure for that stuff to happen. The usual recommendations from current VAs being asked how to get into the business are "Do fan-stuff for free and radio work to establish a portfolio", or at least so I've read in a couple articles.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

HGH posted:

I believe it's standard VA procedure for that stuff to happen. The usual recommendations from current VAs being asked how to get into the business are "Do fan-stuff for free and radio work to establish a portfolio", or at least so I've read in a couple articles.

"Do poo poo for free to establish a portfolio" is the most important piece of advice for any creative career.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Esroc posted:

"Do poo poo for free to establish a portfolio" is the most important piece of advice for any creative career.
In retrospect that was an incredibly stupid thing of me to say but I don't think you can intern as a VA. Or uh, can you? I don't know nearly as much as I think I do.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Esroc posted:

To be fair, it's kind of good advice for a few types of careers. My internship in High School doing tax returns helped me in more than a few applications and interviews. It's always good to get some practical experience in a field.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

HGH posted:

In retrospect that was an incredibly stupid thing of me to say but I don't think you can intern as a VA. Or uh, can you? I don't know nearly as much as I think I do.

I don't know about VA's, but I struggled doing free work and dirt cheap work (less than minimum wage) for about five years before I built a portfolio impressive enough to even get my big toe in the door of the illustration industry. And when I segued into tattoo artistry I essentially had to start all over again.

Anyone who wants a creative career better prepare for hard work and poverty to show for it. Though creative "internships" aren't unheard of. I've been through two.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't like DBZA but I'm glad they threw in something small for the fans since it is pretty popular.

Also, doing stuff for your portfolio is great, but never do something solely for "exposure". Especially in this day and age when exposure is easier to get for free than ever.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm a turbonerd, so I'm thinking of following DBZ name conventions to name my dudes. I'm thinking my Saiyan is going to be named either Kale or Rensu (from hourensou/spinach). Yep. I'm a big gay dork.

Bamco is streaming English vers. Xenoverse right now: http://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

E:
Confirmed - You can switch language to Japanese.
Confirmed - Can't change aura color (yet).
Confirmed - You can check the movelist (and stats of course) of the character at the select screen. No need to guess or remember.
Confirmed - Mentors have level requirements before they train you.
Confirmed - Mentors can give you costumes piece unlocks.

\/\/\/ I like that! We aren't the only ones, because Bamco's custom saiyan is named "Seleri". :allears:

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 13, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Firstborn posted:

I'm a turbonerd, so I'm thinking of following DBZ name conventions to name my dudes. I'm thinking my Saiyan is going to be named either Kale or Rensu (from hourensou/spinach). Yep. I'm a big gay dork.

Bamco is streaming English vers. Xenoverse right now: http://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

I'm going to 1 up you in spergdom by naming a Freeza clan character Kelvin.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is his powerlevel 274.15 points higher than Freeza's?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Firstborn posted:

Sabat is there now talking about the TFS voice.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rhonne posted:

Sabat is there now talking about the TFS voice.

Funnily enough, he said he had the whole team there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a DLC pack or something with the rest of the guys. He said Taka pretty much improvised everything.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Firstborn posted:

Funnily enough, he said he had the whole team there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a DLC pack or something with the rest of the guys. He said Taka pretty much improvised everything.

If they had a TFS voice DLC that would be just terrible. I would have no choice but to give them money. I would try not to but I would be inexorably forced against my will to withdraw my credit card from my wallet and use it to complete an online transaction. These monsters!! :argh:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Xibanya posted:

If they had a TFS voice DLC that would be just terrible. I would have no choice but to give them money. I would try not to but I would be inexorably forced against my will to withdraw my credit card from my wallet and use it to complete an online transaction. These monsters!! :argh:

Only if they had Littlekuriboh do a voice for the Frieza race. :allears:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm seeing more and more "HELL YES PAT SEITZ", but again I look at his body of work and the only thing I'm really familiar with is Hugo from SF4. What is his most famous role? Everyone seems super pumped he is in, and I'm not really sure why. Again, I like the lines he recorded, but I have no frame of reference. Scorpion? Garrosh Hellscream?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

I still call dibs on Rephrigrata

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Firstborn posted:

I'm seeing more and more "HELL YES PAT SEITZ", but again I look at his body of work and the only thing I'm really familiar with is Hugo from SF4. What is his most famous role? Everyone seems super pumped he is in, and I'm not really sure why. Again, I like the lines he recorded, but I have no frame of reference. Scorpion? Garrosh Hellscream?

His most notable anime roles are Ichigo's dad from Bleach, Franky from One Piece, and JP from Redline. He's a great guy for low-to-medium voices, and is great at playing big guys with a lot of presence.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKca0J8TigU
This is a video of fuji3san. He plays ranked on Xenoverse with his Namek CAC. He specializes in melee combat, and shows what it's like to destroy spammers.
He also reminds me of Dhalsim, because he is constantly trying to stretch his limbs and whiff punish people. There's other videos uploaded by this same guy if you care to watch them.

Disclaimer: This particular match of his isn't the most exciting, it just shows how you could play keep-a-away/turtle mode and still come out on top.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWopE5lpqs Check this out. This other guy is just trying to spam super death balls against Fuji... and he Just Guards them all. The other guy just keeps trying to spam the poo poo out of him, and Fuji keeps his cool and melees the dude to death.

E2: He is kind of inspiring me to do a Mr. Satan / pure martial artist dude with no energy attacks and still try to smash people. He's really good at parrying.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 13, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
What I need to know

Is can I put a cape on a Frieza Race CAC. Capes are important for Justice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

He is also Gecko Moriah from One Piece.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I always thought his voice was just too good. It was like having Liam Neeson as Cooler.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Captain Oblivious posted:

What I need to know

Is can I put a cape on a Frieza Race CAC. Capes are important for Justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IceCZ4LgyKA
This is a video of Freeza Race outfits. They can each be separated into four pieces (boots, top, pants, wrist). I count at least two capes skimming through - one of which belongs to a Great Freezaman outfit. If that's your intention, 2 of the head accessories are Great Saiyaman turban/glasses combo and the weird Daft Punk helmet.

Edit: Whoops, 3. Great Freezaman, Ox King, and Dabura's outfit.
Edit2: If you look around 2:54, there's a bunch of gnarly bio-armors and cyborg parts, too.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 13, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

He is also Gecko Moriah from One Piece.
Who, if you don't know One Piece, is the main antagonist of an entire arc. So if you want to hear the dude in a more prominent role, there you go.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Endorph posted:

Who, if you don't know One Piece, is the main antagonist of an entire arc. So if you want to hear the dude in a more prominent role, there you go.

I think the best thing about this is in Japanese, Moria has an incredibly high-pitched, almost squeaky voice.

I'm really interested to see what Funi's version sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Ok so power levels are bullshit.. but what about Kili?

• Locked thread