Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's a very good show that only gets better.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Argus Zant posted:

okay, now i can drop this on y'all

Drink la Drink: The Kill la Kill Drinking Game
Drink when:
    - You hear some version of "Don't Lose Your Way", be it full or just an instrumental
    - Gamagoori cannot seem to pick a size and stick with it
    - A Mako Hallelujah speech happens (ARGUS: ask someone who knows what the gently caress that means)
    - Somebody yells Satsuki or Ryuko's full names
    - Quality! (ARGUS: rules say this doesn't apply to Episode 4; ask about that)
    - Start chugging once Episode 4 starts
    - Somebody breaks the 4th wall
    - GIANT RED LETTERS COVERING THE ENTIRE GODDAMNED SCREEN
    - A new uniform transformation is shown
    - Somebody loses more blood than an average human has in their entire system
    - Western animation is referenced

but wait, there's more!

RULES OF NATURE: The Kill la Kill Drinking Game: Wild Geese Edition
Drink when:
    - The show starts
    - You think you're about to lose your drink
    - You start wishing you were watching something else
    - You start thinking about how much better the show could be
    - You start to get skeeved out
    - Somebody makes a comment regarding the dub job
    - Look, you and me both know that this is one of those shows with a That Scene like what SAO had. So keep a full, unopened bottle of booze with you, and when That Scene starts, just crack it open and drink the whole goddamned bottle.

Oh cool I think I'll do both

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

CP9 are some of my favorite villains because in the Water Seven arc, they're all hyped up as this mysterious and deadly force, but then Enies Lobby comes along and they're all loving nerds.

They're basically the Ginyu Force.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Even in Water 7 they were doing some weird cosplay disguise thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm also noticing that the thread title still isn't reflecting our love of giraffes.

Edit: OH MY loving GOD gently caress YOU TRUTH THIS IS UNBEARABLE

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 9, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I love that they keep sending unsuspecting people into that murder room.

With the body.

EDIT: Mike there is no such thing as good hummus.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm also noticing that the thread title still isn't reflecting our love of giraffes.

Edit: OH MY loving GOD gently caress YOU TRUTH THIS IS UNBEARABLE

Both of these things are true.

Somebody please murder those loving Truth people in a manner similar to this guy on Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i am legitimately surprised that that didn't end with more murder than it did

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Argus Zant posted:

i am legitimately surprised that that didn't end with more murder than it did

Well, they didn't want it to get tasteless.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Maleketh posted:

Well, they didn't want it to get tasteless.

:smugbird: "... I'm a sex addict."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So this goddamn music video is gonna be a thing now? This is the second time I've seen it tonight.

When the gently caress did Truth become so judgmental? They used to go after corrupt business practices, but now they're just loving shaming anyone that smokes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

When the gently caress did Truth become so judgmental? They used to go after corrupt business practices, but now they're just loving shaming anyone that smokes.

I think right around the same time they began that entire retarded "WE WILL BE THE GENERATION THAT ENDS SMOKING" campaign.

The generation that is too stupid to know who Paul McCartney is will be the generation that ends the centuries-old practice of smoking, both in America and abroad, forever.

This is exactly why you DON'T make a bunch of 20-somethings believe they can do anything. Because it leads to crap like THIS. Somebody needs to be publicly hanged for that poo poo.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 10, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Which mod do I pm about a thread title change because I did that for the last thread wayyy back and no one responded.

ps I love giraffes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TwoPair posted:

Which mod do I pm about a thread title change because I did that for the last thread wayyy back and no one responded.

ps I love giraffes

I always used to PM Aatrek to do that. He was pretty good about changing thread titles right away, but he's...... gone now...

Probably either PM whoever the newest mod is assuming it isn't Deadpool, or PM whichever mod you didn't PM the previous time.

Or, failing that, PM an admin you really really really trust.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OldSenileGuy doesn't post much but he's pretty reliable and Annakie's the new mod. I'm surprised you had trouble, all three mods are generally pretty good about responding to basic requests like that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ask Annakie, she'll change it.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Why would you want to change the current, perfect thread title?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Maleketh posted:

Why would you want to change the current, perfect thread title?

Because WE LOVE GIRAFFES!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HCIGFdBt8

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm on Team Puffer

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
It's good to see Adult Swim doing some Toonami promotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIB7qocaxgQ

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One of the previews at the end of that video shows what appears to be a naked little anime girl grabbing a naked adult anime woman's big titties.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know what page of the thread the new schedule info was posted? I was caught completely off guard by the block ending when it did. I just started having the time to stay up and watch the whole thing through SAC and Bebop this year, so I'm kind of Mad About VideogamesAnimes over them snipping off the tail end of the night.

e: vvvvv Thanks, I just wanted to read everybody else's reactions to it. No Dandy, no Bebop, no SAC, other than DBZ I don't really feel like it's even worth tuning in anymore.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 11, 2015

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

bango skank posted:

Anyone know what page of the thread the new schedule info was posted? I was caught completely off guard by the block ending when it did. I just started having the time to stay up and watch the whole thing through SAC and Bebop this year, so I'm kind of Mad About VideogamesAnimes over them snipping off the tail end of the night.

Waffleman_ posted:

Welp. Toonami has been reduced to midnight-3:30. Here's your full schedule starting on the 7th.

12:00 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Kill la Kill
01:00 - Naruto: Shippuden
01:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act
02:00 - Gurren Lagann
02:30 - One Piece
03:00 - Deadman Wonderland

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I love giraffes you guys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, good.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Man, I just noticed how badly One Piece got shafted in this change.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I curiously looked up info regarding Fishcenter, which is what they're apparently airing at 4AM this week. I thought oh this will be one of those weird things that turns dark right?

It's a live show they do at 4PM every day on the Adult Swim TV webpage and it's played pretty straight and has been going for 100 episodes. The "episodes" they air are 11 minutes of edited Fishcenter footage from the Live Show that day. My mind exploded.

Also I think it's pretty great and stupid.

Forgive me if this has been known already (which it may have been considering 100 episodes and all) but it's the first time I've ever heard of it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey Goonami faithful, after a lot of work finding settings I easily missed, I believe I'm now in a position where I feel I can take the helm on streaming duties instead of Hace. Video problems are fixed, my audio may not be exactly perfect, but it's decent enough, and my connection isn't super fast, but it should be reliable enough to keep us through the night. We'll have to see on Saturday. Now, with that, I feel I can officially announce the series to replace Yoshihiko.

Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger!

Much like Yoshihiko, Akibaranger is an officially-sanctioned parody, but with Super Sentai/Power Rangers instead of Dragon Quest. It follows three nerds as they travel into their own delusions to save Nerd Heaven Akihabara from a dastardly team of marketing executives who want to destroy the otaku way of life as we know it!

Now, what makes Akibaranger truly special is that its main character is this guy.

You thought Kintaro Oe was Goon Jesus, Nobuo Akagi is a goddamn god among goons and he is a loving blast because he loves this poo poo. So come join us Saturdays at 1 am to fight for your right to be goony.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey Goonami faithful, after a lot of work finding settings I easily missed, I believe I'm now in a position where I feel I can take the helm on streaming duties instead of Hace. Video problems are fixed, my audio may not be exactly perfect, but it's decent enough, and my connection isn't super fast, but it should be reliable enough to keep us through the night. We'll have to see on Saturday. Now, with that, I feel I can officially announce the series to replace Yoshihiko.

Much like Yoshihiko, Akibaranger is an officially-sanctioned parody, but with Super Sentai/Power Rangers instead of Dragon Quest. It follows three nerds as they travel into their own delusions to save Nerd Heaven Akihabara from a dastardly team of marketing executives who want to destroy the otaku way of life as we know it!

Now, what makes Akibaranger truly special is that its main character is this guy.

You thought Kintaro Oe was Goon Jesus, Nobuo Akagi is a goddamn god among goons and he is a loving blast because he loves this poo poo. So come join us Saturdays at 1 am to fight for your right to be goony.

I'm excited for this.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I love giraffes you guys.

I was kind of hoping we could get the "Giraffes are awesome." part in there, too. Was that part too many characters?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you haven't watched Akibaranger before you really should. Good luck with the job Waffleman_.

quote:

So come join us Saturdays at 1 am to fight for your right to be goony.
We're talking EST right?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm suddenly very pumped

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All times are EST, yes.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I've never tuned in for Goonami but this looks hilarious.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I curiously looked up info regarding Fishcenter, which is what they're apparently airing at 4AM this week.

Just started it today and now I really wish they uploaded the previous episodes somewhere.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Waffleman_ posted:

So ready for this.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I've lost my only job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You can be the backup streamer if things don't work for me. I'll probably have a test stream sometime tomorrow just to make sure all my settings are good.

• Locked thread