Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You jerks have no idea how happy I was to see Firestorm on (small) screen last night. As someone who grew up reading my older brother's Firestorm comics as a wee lad, this might just have been the happiest I have ever been watching a tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It was a pretty good episode too, especially since Joe just doesn't fall for Wells bullshit' though it'd be nice if they had him go "well i confronted Wells about hiding things and then the Reverse Flash threatened to kill me" so they're obviously the same person/in league with each other.

Now all they need is for Iris to learn his identity so they can iron out the remaining flaw of the show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

You jerks have no idea how happy I was to see Firestorm on (small) screen last night. As someone who grew up reading my older brother's Firestorm comics as a wee lad, this might just have been the happiest I have ever been watching a tv show.

I also liked the Waid and Conway namedrop.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I also liked the Waid and Conway namedrop.

I missed that?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There was a jumper at 35th and Waid, I don't remember the Conway reference, maybe the bank robbery.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

There was a jumper at 35th and Waid, I don't remember the Conway reference, maybe the bank robbery.

Nope Martin Stein won the Conway award three times.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Also I think it was 52nd and Waid because DC loves the number 52.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Also I think it was 52nd and Waid because DC loves the number 52.

Waid was involved with writing 52, and we all know how much he loves the new 52.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Flash, there a hostage situation on the corner of Cyborg is everyone's favorite, clearly lane and Hal Jordan is the only green lantern to ever exist boulevard.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

It was a pretty good episode too, especially since Joe just doesn't fall for Wells bullshit' though it'd be nice if they had him go "well i confronted Wells about hiding things and then the Reverse Flash threatened to kill me" so they're obviously the same person/in league with each other.

Now all they need is for Iris to learn his identity so they can iron out the remaining flaw of the show.

They are doing a real disservice to Iris. They're giving her no POV and the way they framed Barry confronting her last ep.. It's just bad. Barry's coming off like a Nice Guy, and not even having her talk to her dad about what's going on kinda makes her seem cold, which is contradictory to everything we know about her character up till now.

The #DoYouHaveADaughterJoe tag on Twitter is hilarious though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Koalas March posted:

They are doing a real disservice to Iris. They're giving her no POV and the way they framed Barry confronting her last ep.. It's just bad. Barry's coming off like a Nice Guy, and not even having her talk to her dad about what's going on kinda makes her seem cold, which is contradictory to everything we know about her character up till now.

The #DoYouHaveADaughterJoe tag on Twitter is hilarious though.

Everything involving Iris is loving terrible.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Everything involving Iris is loving terrible.

Do you wanna expand on that or..?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Koalas March posted:

Do you wanna expand on that or..?

It's super loving creepy that they are trying to create romantic tension between adoptive siblings. The actress does what she can with what she's given, but what she's given is poo poo.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
And if Iris is supposed to be Barry's true love interest, then that means breaking up a nice and interesting relationship. They inserted way too much baggage into their relationship before it even started.

Like I said, Iris is basically an antagonist.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Iris sabotaging Barry's new relationship was also completely out of character. Her being jealous so suddenly felt like super cheap, piss poor writing. As for breaking up her and Thawn? I'm still holding out on a big plot twist with him. Easy break up.

But speaking of piss poor writing, what the gently caress was up with last night's Arrow? Or Arrow lately in general? Wasn't Roy the ONLY PERSON on Team Arrow last week who insisted on working with Merlyn? Now he's bent out of shape about Ollie working with Merlyn, and mean mugging the poo poo out of Malcolm when he sees him? Also, didn't they have a vaccine type thing for Vertigo? Also, I wish they could give Ollie an actual reason for being against Laurel joining the team, considering he had no trouble letting Roy join, despite the fact that Roy regularly still gets his rear end kicked. What the hell is happening to this show?!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
About Iris, I don't know if it's wrong. It's implied that Barry never really had a serious girlfriend before as he was pining for Iris basically his whole life (Joe alludes to this). It seems like Iris got comfortable having all the benefits of a boyfriend without actually dating him. Now she is losing that and reacting irrationally.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sure, but didn't endear you to the character much or make you want her and Barry to be together. The audience should like them as a couple but the writers have shot that in the foot.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Iris unfortunately has to go through the terrible arcs that the likes of Laurel and Thea did. Eventually she'll become less annoying just like they did. Hopefully by the end of the season.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

ToastyPotato posted:

Also, I wish they could give Ollie an actual reason for being against Laurel joining the team, considering he had no trouble letting Roy join, despite the fact that Roy regularly still gets his rear end kicked. What the hell is happening to this show?!

Guilt over Sara's death(s), lingering feelings for Laurel, and he's always been an overprotective dick. I'm sure if Roy made his dingle tingle he'd have refused to let him join too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roy, like Felicity with Oliver, only really cares about what Thea thinks and is willing to change his opinion completely to look good to her.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Skwirl posted:

It's super loving creepy that they are trying to create romantic tension between adoptive siblings.

Jesus gently caress, can we give this a goddamn rest?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't have any adopted siblings but I've seen that as a plot point in enough stories that I'm pretty sure it's not that rare.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't have any adopted siblings but I've seen that as a plot point in enough stories that I'm pretty sure it's not that rare.

Were these stories available on J-list, perchance?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why? You need to stock back up?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Angry Walrus posted:

Guilt over Sara's death(s), lingering feelings for Laurel, and he's always been an overprotective dick. I'm sure if Roy made his dingle tingle he'd have refused to let him join too.

I just wish they'd be more open about calling him on it. They argue with him, but they don't make many good points when they do. And Roy being the one to step up was pants on head stupid.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oddly enough Barry is gonna end up with Laurel and Ollie is gonna end up with Caitlin. Iris will end up with Maseo. Sorry to spoil season 5 of arrow and 3 of flash.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Why? You need to stock back up?

Nah I still got a hefty backlog to get through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's also a thing in all time American classic, LOST.

And also all time American classic Cruel Intentions but the characters are older in that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cruel Intentions is a goddamn adaptation of a French play. It's not an American classic!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

America invented the French.

It's also a thing in all time American classic Arrested Development.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Aphrodite posted:

Fair enough, cousin loving is a long standing American tradition.

E: And everywhere else, too.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

They were cousins, which is actually grosser.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Guess who.

Allegedly the Joker in Gotham

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

They were cousins, which is actually grosser.

No I meant Lindsay and Michael.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

greatn posted:

Hal Jordan is the only green lantern to ever exist boulevard.

Hal Jordan wouldn't work today because he's a test pilot and the only jet fighter being tested right now is the F-35 so he'd be dead.

I also kinda liked Kyle Raynor.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

The Mentalizer posted:

Fair enough, cousin loving is a long standing American tradition.

E: And everywhere else, too.

Everywhere except Springfield.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zoux posted:

Guess who.

It figures a soulless monster like him would be a ginger.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If she was actually played as the bitch from apartment 23 but with superpowers that would be awesome. Though they already cast someone other than Dawson as the purple man. I guess I can always dream.
That's because James Van Der Beek will be playing himself again.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

zoux posted:

Guess who.

Are they really bringing in Kid Joker as if that's at all an interesting concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You can't trust the marketing for the show, its been consistently garbage that misrepresents what's going on.