Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hey guys, Xenoblade Chronicles question here. Every time I engage a uniquely named monster, I black out and the next thing I know I come to and the named mob is dead, my shirt is in shreds all around my chair, and I'm sweating profusely as Dunban tells me what a good job I'm doing. Anyone know what's going on with that?

(why is this game's music so good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Scholtz posted:

Hey guys, Xenoblade Chronicles question here. Every time I engage a uniquely named monster, I black out and the next thing I know I come to and the named mob is dead, my shirt is in shreds all around my chair, and I'm sweating profusely as Dunban tells me what a good job I'm doing. Anyone know what's going on with that?

(why is this game's music so good)

I think Irregular Bounce is the only song in the game that I don't like, and I was really bummed out whenever I got it over Mechanical Rhythm.

Obviously, if you haven't beaten XBC don't look any of the tracks to avoid having OST spoilers.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nope, haven't beat it yet. Just got to Makna Forest, right after Dunban tells Shulk that he can keep the Monado, because Dickson made him a new sword.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I think Irregular Bounce is the only song in the game that I don't like, and I was really bummed out whenever I got it over Mechanical Rhythm.

Obviously, if you haven't beaten XBC don't look any of the tracks to avoid having OST spoilers.

The only bad music is the Ether Mine.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
So the game staff have showed off their main characters and

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Champeenship posted:

x2KrunkPussyKILLAx

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Some new music: http://xenobladex.jp/media/xeno_sound3.mp3

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
A lot of new pages this week.

-New illustration featuring the confirmed party members and Lu.
-A page explaining Blade's duties and unions.
-When you join a union, you receive "Union Support" from them. If you do tasks related to the union's field of expertise (for example, Pathfinder sets data probes, Avalanche kills unique monsters and Land Bank collects supplies and raw materials for the colony), you get "Union Points" which can raise your rank in the union. Belonging to a union doesn't restrict which activities you can do.
-A page on doing quests.
-Four types of quests: story quests advance the storyline, affinity quests strengthen the affinities of party members and allow you to meet new characters, normal quests are received from NLA citizens and simple quests are received from the quest board.
-The page has a video of the quest board: each quest has a name, a category (the three shown in the video are "talk", "exterminate" and "collect") and a difficulty of 1-3 stars. The quest details have the quest giver, quest location, description and reward.
-The video shows the player getting an achievement for taking his first simple quest.
-The video also shows the main menu, which has a bunch of stuff: a list of "weather effects" which shows clear skies, a list of "battle probe effects", an indicator for your current union, experience gauges for your level, union rank and Blade level the amount of Miranium and reward tickets you have, field skill levels, guest characters and money.
-The bottom of the page has an image of the quest indicator and a video of the Navigation Ball we saw in last week's video.
-A page on the districts of NLA. No new information here, really, but there's a video showing the city at night.
-A world map with screenshots of various locations.
-A video of character creation and voice samples for the player character (10 for both sexes)
-A gallery of characters created by the staff

Doc V fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 14, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Champeenship posted:

Oh okay, so this game is going to be good

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Junkie Disease posted:

http://gamingbolt.com/rumor-xenoblade-chronicles-x-launching-in-north-america-on-may-31
yeah its a rumor. But if its already shipping in japan with dual audio...

Ah yes. Gamingbolt. The most trusted website.

I'm going to wait for an official word because speaking as someone who works for an electronics retailers. They just make poo poo up when they don't know.

Hey cool, a Sawano track that's not bombastic. It's alright. I could have used less vocals. It's still good though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Idioteque Dance posted:

x2KrunkPussyKILLAx

yesssssss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually I think this is my favourite.

'Check out the detail on that crotch!'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crotch physics.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
To go with the standard MMO boob slider they obviously gave the ladies. At least there are better faces around the bottom that don't look so :downs: as I feared every face in this game would. I can't wait to find every stupid costume this game can come up with.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

No slider for ahoge size *cancels preorder*

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

The Taint Reaper posted:

Holy poo poo.....it's almost like a normal videogame system!

taint reaped again!!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want this game to come with Nintendo character dress up like Bayonetta 2 did.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Champeenship posted:

The eyes on #6 are stealing my soul. :gonk:

mune
Sep 23, 2006
One of the 5 continents is called the "noctilucent forest" - I would be okay with a Satorl Marsh that's the size of Xenoblade. That was my favorite map/music from Xenoblade.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The Black Stones posted:

Ah yes. Gamingbolt. The most trusted website.

I'm going to wait for an official word because speaking as someone who works for an electronics retailers. They just make poo poo up when they don't know.

Hey cool, a Sawano track that's not bombastic. It's alright. I could have used less vocals. It's still good though.

Hey I said "IF" don't poop on my dreams. But hey we will know in April. Or maybe a hands on event soon.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Interestingly, Shulk, Reyn and Melia's Japanese voice actors are all providing voice sets for the player character in X. Fingers crossed for Jay Taylor in the English version.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Doc V posted:

Interestingly, Shulk, Reyn and Melia's Japanese voice actors are all providing voice sets for the player character in X. Fingers crossed for Jay Taylor in the English version.

Eh it makes sense for the Japanese release but not for X, unless Shulk and team are somehow overseeing the alien invasion and is the last boss and is corrupted by god or something what the fuckish like that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Didn't Shulk appear at the end of the first trailer?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Butt Ghost posted:

It was never confirmed as being him and it hasn't been brought up since so it's anybody's guess until the game's out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The armor in those character pics looks great, and super varied. I also like the difference you can have in main characters, although I'm worried about a lack of facial hair options.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's possible this game is gonna have some direct connection with Xenoblade - the Nopon are around again after all, and that girl has Monado hair clips. But the history of this game (our Earth getting destroyed by aliens and some humans escaping on space ships) doesn't match up with the history established in the first Xenoblade. So who knows! I'm hoping for some big reveal of them being directly connected somehow, but it'll be fine if it's just a spiritual sequel with some callbacks.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Regy Rusty posted:

It's possible this game is gonna have some direct connection with Xenoblade - the Nopon are around again after all, and that girl has Monado hair clips. But the history of this game (our Earth getting destroyed by aliens and some humans escaping on space ships) doesn't match up with the history established in the first Xenoblade. So who knows! I'm hoping for some big reveal of them being directly connected somehow, but it'll be fine if it's just a spiritual sequel with some callbacks.

Maybe at the end of Xenoblade when the old universe was restored, Earth and all its inhabitants were back as they originally were, but the world that all the Xenoblade characters found themselves on was Mira?

If that was the case I'd expect Mira to have some native humans/homs/whatever, though

Edit: or it's totally unrelated and the Nopon are Xenoblade's Moogles.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Pretty sure that may have been just a customized player character/Cross since he hasn't shown up in anything else so far. I think their eye color is different but I don't really remember.

Also Shion, KOSMOS, chaos, and Jin's Japanese voice actors from Xenosaga are also providing voices for Cross/player character.

And Takahashi said in the Famitsu interview explicitly that this is not a sequel to the first game and really can't be a prequel either. Nopons are gonna be like Chocobos in Final Fantasy and the Monado hair clips could just be a cute easter egg/callback. Which is fine imo, let the game stand on its own after all.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

planetarial posted:

Nopons are gonna be like Chocobos in Final Fantasy and the Monado hair clips could just be a cute easter egg/callback. Which is fine imo, let the game stand on its own after all.

We're going to get golden Nopons to fly around on in the late-game?

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

planetarial posted:

Pretty sure that may have been just a customized player character/Cross since he hasn't shown up in anything else so far. I think their eye color is different but I don't really remember.

Also Shion, KOSMOS, chaos, and Jin's Japanese voice actors from Xenosaga are also providing voices for Cross/player character.

And Takahashi said in the Famitsu interview explicitly that this is not a sequel to the first game and really can't be a prequel either. Nopons are gonna be like Chocobos in Final Fantasy and the Monado hair clips could just be a cute easter egg/callback. Which is fine imo, let the game stand on its own after all.

So basically they just blueballed us by putting a Shulk look-alike in there? They must realize what they've implied— I hope they're ready for people to be pissed.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Unholy Ghost posted:

So basically they just blueballed us by putting a Shulk look-alike in there? They must realize what they've implied— I hope they're ready for people to be pissed.

It was a marketing gimmick to ignite hype. Welcome to advertising.

Nobody is going to care.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I take it you've never seen the ads for Metal Gear Solid 2?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Ardryn posted:

We're going to get golden Nopons to fly around on in the late-game?

Nopon breeding minigame ends with you falling into crippling debt from the cost of feeding them all and getting kicked out of NLA

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
main character dies right after the first area, play the rest of the game as the original XC party

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Farg posted:

main character dies right after the first area, play the rest of the game as the original XC party

Sounds good to me; also everyone with a hosed up face dies too

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Of "things in videogames worth getting pissed off about", I think an initial trailer that predates the game even having a title showing things that don't end up in the final game is pretty low on the list. poo poo, that's even pretty low on the list of "misleading JRPG marketing" for 2015 with Tales of Zestiria out there.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"marcy stuffs her bra, pass it on"
"I DO NOT"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

"marcy stuffs her bra, pass it on"
"I DO NOT"

I wish it was a Saints Row triangle instead. :smith:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

I wish it was a Saints Row triangle instead. :smith:

If not that, then even giving both genders a height slider and a weight slider would be a much better approach than... this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's quite a pair of dance apples there

• Locked thread