Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i begin all correspondence with "Hi, worthless peon" because as a software engineer i am the mental and moral superior of anyone i might correspond with, and furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Cover letters are for bureaucrats in government offices or companies with HR departments.

Startups may evolve into Microsofts; but, for the time being, they'll be oriented very differently. Either they'll be dreaming about future success while staring at the ceiling or else they'll be working 25 hours per day to connect the dots.

The first kind of entrepreneur might like cover letters, and that project will generate lots of mission statements, business plans, and little else. But the practical entrepreneur with a chance of success will look at a cover later impatiently and maybe throw out your application because it doesn't get to the point.

If you must write a cover letter, make it a list of the work you'll deliver and the date you'll deliver it.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
hello, i will deliver sevreral shitposts daily. thankyou for your time. please pay me a deece 6 figgies.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
six and a half figgies, come on!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I went to high school with a Puerto Rican girl with a rich family and she had a debutant ball and a quince rolled into one

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

six and a half figgies, come on!

$6.50 per hour

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Wild EEPROM posted:

$6.50 per hour

i'll take it!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

is somebody kidding

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
lol at Canada trolling itself

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

you can choose whether you'd rather have ridiculous costumes or ridiculous decisions, I guess

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Subjunctive posted:

you can choose whether you'd rather have ridiculous costumes or ridiculous decisions, I guess

lol as if you think they don't

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

in canada the proper address for a supreme court justice is Jolly Old

beverly mclachlin :swoon:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
lol

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-premium-uber-service-lets-users-commandeer-any,37955/

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
silicon valley isn't just holding measles parties, they're bringing the parties to you

quote:

BART measles alert: LinkedIn worker rode in rush hour

Health officials issued a sweeping alert to BART riders Wednesday after a LinkedIn employee with measles commuted in and out of San Francisco last week and potentially exposed thousands of people to the virus.

The risk to individuals is slim because most people in the U.S. are vaccinated, and the vaccine is 95 to 99 percent effective, public health experts said. Officials nonetheless urged anyone who believes they have symptoms to contact a doctor immediately.

The person, an unnamed Contra Costa County resident, rode BART to and from the LinkedIn offices in San Francisco on Feb. 4-6. BART will not attempt to contact everyone who may have been on trains those days, but health officials are trying to reach anyone they know had direct contact with the sick person.

The passenger, who is an employee at the professional social networking site, was confirmed this week as the first measles case in Contra Costa since the start of an outbreak tied to a December guest at the Disney theme parks in Southern California. How the Contra Costa resident contracted measles is not yet known.

LinkedIn officials said they were notified Tuesday that one of their workers was sick with measles, and the company sent a message to all employees that day, advising them about possible exposure.

The person reported traveling between the Lafayette BART Station and the Montgomery Street Station in downtown San Francisco from about 6 to 8 a.m. and from 7 to 9 p.m. last week. BART officials estimated that as many as 25,000 people rode trains on the Pittsburg-Bay Point route during each of those periods.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Main Paineframe posted:

silicon valley isn't just holding measles parties, they're bringing the parties to you
Yep, it's ~happening~

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/12/measles-outbreak-infected-commuter-silicon-valley

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

I went to high school with a Puerto Rican girl with a rich family and she had a debutant ball and a quince rolled into one

i'm having a hard time combining these events in my head, and i've been to vietnamese-catholic weddings so it's not like i'm not used to seeing some syncretic-as-gently caress poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

duTrieux. posted:

i'm having a hard time combining these events in my head, and i've been to vietnamese-catholic weddings so it's not like i'm not used to seeing some syncretic-as-gently caress poo poo

"please marry our daughter now" but with more money i presume

to be even more confusing, in brazil quinces are called festas de debutantes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Nintendo Kid posted:

lol as if you think they don't

most of the decisions they make are pretty good actually

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

most of the decisions they make are pretty good actually

yeah but thats the same in america

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
rofl

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

do you disagree with:
When a decision by a fiduciary of an “employee stock ownership plan” (ESOP) to buy or hold the employer’s stock is challenged in court, the fiduciary is not entitled to a “presumption of prudence.” Instead, ESOP fiduciaries are subject to the same duty of prudence that applies to Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) fiduciaries in general, except that they need not diversify the fund's assets.

The police generally may not, without a warrant, search digital information on a cellphone seized from an individual who has been arrested.

All aspects of a district court's exceptional-case determination under 35 U.S.C. § 285, which allows an award of attorney’s fees to the prevailing party in patent litigation in “exceptional cases,” should be reviewed for abuse of discretion.

just some random supreme court cases from last session

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

infernal machines posted:

it sure is.

the only people who address anyone as mr/mrs anything in writing are vendors.

i'm in my 30s and i don't think i've ever been referred to as mr. deficit except by mormon missionairies

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Nintendo Kid posted:

The police generally may not, without a warrant, post on internet forums seized from an individual with the intent of fishmeching.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its DR. James

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

graph posted:

is somebody kidding

on the matter of canada v mr mccalister we have concluded

hes been a very bad kid and will get no presents this year

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

BONGHITZ posted:

its DR. James

herr professor dr james

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

poty posted:

on the matter of canada v mr mccalister we have concluded

hes been a very bad kid and will get no presents this year

only a lad, society made him

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Subjunctive posted:

we regularly choose both

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also there was a four year period where the hournorable mr. ford was the technically correct method of addressing a crackhead

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I thought the fat crackhead was still your king or whatever. he represents everything I know about Canada, the land of the fat crackheads

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nah this is the king of canada

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rexicon1 posted:

I thought the fat crackhead was still your king or whatever. he represents everything I know about Canada, the land of the fat crackheads

nah, he got cancer and didn't end up running for reelection and his brother lost hard

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

nah, he got cancer and didn't end up running for reelection and his brother lost hard

so is 'cancer' a euphemism, like a closeted gay man dying of 'pneumonia' in the 80s?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

ultramiraculous posted:

so is 'cancer' a euphemism, like a closeted gay man dying of 'pneumonia' in the 80s?

i think you mean blood disease

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

apple has started to promote games with zero iap in a "pay once and play" section at the top of the explore pane.

dunno if it will matter with stuff like king pulling in half a loving billion last quarter on freemium poo poo but still a positive sign.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ultramiraculous posted:

no he literally has/had a softball size tumour in his abdomen which he had somehow ignored until the last month of the election campaign.

actual, honest-to-goodness fat cancer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

no he literally has/had a softball size tumour in his abdomen which he had somehow ignored until the last month of the election campaign.

actual, honest-to-goodness fat cancer.

cocaine is a hell of a drug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I thought the tumour was in his rear end? like, not a joke

• Locked thread