Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Well, it is about the only authentically Bostonian part of our great hero's accent.

e: oh god a new page. \/ That's why I was wondering if the drug can be used to dive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RedTonic posted:

I am still surprised at cusses in videogames for some reason. Not offended, just surprised.

Any theories on what's up with Phil's glove?

I want to know what's up with his inhaler. Is he huffing Real Blood? Cause that blood red cloud that he exhales is really suspicious.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game is the wackiest thing.

And then JESUS loving CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT

GodDAMN that was unsettling.

Is he actually having surgery to have that bullet removed? The surgeon seems tall because he's standing over a prone David. /wild theories.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Is this what having a psychotic break feels like? :psyduck:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

SgtSteel91 posted:

I want to know what's up with his inhaler. Is he huffing Real Blood? Cause that blood red cloud that he exhales is really suspicious.
It ain't Albuterol, that's for fuckin' sure. :v: Yeah, Phil's going on Suspect Watch and never coming off. He's too much like George Woodman to ignore.

EDIT: You know who else used an inhaler? Scott fuckin' Shelby!

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 13, 2015

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
Interesting note about Olivia's missing manual! It's actually regulation for a flight attendant to have their manual at all times. It's not just a small binder of information they need to know, but frequently updated printouts of regulations, as well as scripts for what they need to say to passengers each flight. Not having one's manual on a flight, or losing it god forbid, is actually a pretty bad thing that can result in being written up. So Olivia having her manual isn't just something a new flight attendant would need, but a crew requirement that could hurt their job standing.

Anyway, I'm glad so far that SWERY's references to DP have remained subtle enough that someone who didn't play or finish it wouldn't necessarily be distracted by all of it.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Clearly that doctor is not suspicious in any way, shape, or form, and just wants to give us a hug.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This game just went from strange to weird in less than 5 minutes. The slender doctor is a nice point to end on.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Phil's physique matches what one would expect from a user of Red Blood.

Edit: It also looked as if there was a note in one of the trays? Just before Amanda.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Phil has to be huffing Real Blood. For one, there's a freaking red cloud that's visible after he uses the inhaler. Two, and almost most damningly, is the freaky orgasmic glazed-over look he gets right after he inhales some.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Phil was about to slap Deborah before he took a huff.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I really liked the little high five between the fashion designer guy and Sukey.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Rincewind posted:

I really liked the little high five between the fashion designer guy and Sukey.

I like how he had to do that three times before we got their formal introduction (by which I mean the freeze-frame and their names flashing on screen).

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog
Guys

guys

I've got it

Obviously, D is this guy:

and the reason for David's time traveling powers is that he unknowingly awakened his own Stand, 「Devil's Grip on Me」

edit: Alternately, of course, 「Holy Diver」

Longhouse fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 13, 2015

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
So far, the flight attendants have been much more suspicious than any of the characters with D names. Notably, Phil's employee number starts with D. David also brings up the possibility of Olivia being some kind of undercover agent, which would mean she's using an alias and we don't know her real name.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, it'd be nice to see some normal, non-drug using FBI undercover agent flight attendants on this crazy flight.

And I'm worried about Deborah, she got taken behind the curtain giant doctor came from :ohdear:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Is he actually having surgery to have that bullet removed? The surgeon seems tall because he's standing over a prone David. /wild theories.

That's what I was wondering, he's making motions with his hands like he's doing surgery, and it'd fit with the scar hurting.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alpha3KV posted:

So far, the flight attendants have been much more suspicious than any of the characters with D names. Notably, Phil's employee number starts with D. David also brings up the possibility of Olivia being some kind of undercover agent, which would mean she's using an alias and we don't know her real name.

I like how they're setting up that Young's focus on the D has distracted him from people who are much more suspicious. It's a good touch.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Phillip Cheney might be related to Dick Cheney. That's some evil blood there.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yeah, it'd be nice to see some normal, non-drug using FBI undercover agent flight attendants on this crazy flight.

And I'm worried about Deborah, she got taken behind the curtain giant doctor came from :ohdear:

She's getting her upgrade done and will be the next boss.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I hate it how often games or tv/movies gently caress up the DefCon system. Deborah notes Rabbit as a DefCon 2, low threat, but the FBI man as DefCon 5 high threat! drat it, no, you're wrong. DefCon 5 means everything is normal, DefCon 1 is nukes flying.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That JoJo guy may be more right than he thinks. Olivia and a Little Peggy have a birthmark that is 3 dots (. . .). There's a panel in JoJo showing Dio has that Biethmark and it gives him "The Devils Luck". Also Swery said that he is a fan of that manga.

I'm kind of hung over btw thanks for asking.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Ah, finally we've met my favorite character. Now! Say it with me! AAAVAAAANT-GAAAAAAAARDE!!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

For half a second, I thought that guy was Doctor Johnson.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Longhouse posted:

It all makes sense now! I even caught his confession on tape:

Anyway, during the earlier videos I sorta got the impression Swery was trying a little too hard, but now that we're actually in the middle of an investigation I find it easier to just drift along with the weirdness. Giant doctor? Of course there's a giant doctor. Of course there's a mini-game where you look for upturned corners of carpet. A lot of this feels like the part-time job portions of No More Heroes, if they were sincere instead of ironic.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
It's a small thing, but I absolutely love how earnest David's "What the gently caress" sounds when he sees the giant doctor.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Jade Star posted:

I hate it how often games or tv/movies gently caress up the DefCon system. Deborah notes Rabbit as a DefCon 2, low threat, but the FBI man as DefCon 5 high threat! drat it, no, you're wrong. DefCon 5 means everything is normal, DefCon 1 is nukes flying.

You may be right about SWERY out-of-context getting the Defcon system wrong, but would you really expect someone like Deborah to know that stuff accurately? If Derek or David got it wrong, sure, but Deborah thinks carpet-folds can crash planes.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Deborah's lines when speaking about suing and threatening her way into business class seems to imply her obsessiveness with safety and.small problems might be a bit of a ruse.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Bendigeidfran posted:

Deborah thinks carpet-folds can crash planes.

I think it's more accurate to say that Deborah believes that carpet folds are indicative of poor/irregular maintenance of the level where everyone will catch on fire and die. Still hyperbolic, but not quite as insane.

Szurumbur posted:

Deborah's lines when speaking about suing and threatening her way into business class seems to imply her obsessiveness with safety and.small problems might be a bit of a ruse.

You can be obsessive and still have a desire to profit and punish. In fact, there's no reason to think all these traits might be comorbid. Someone's vision of how the world should be isn't satisfied, so they must exert whatever influence they believe they have in order to correct this grievous wrong, punish the evil doers, and reward themselves for setting the world to rights.

That's my take on the lady D.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Graceful Graveler posted:

It's a small thing, but I absolutely love how earnest David's "What the gently caress" sounds when he sees the giant doctor.

I think they may have just recorded the voice actor without his knowledge when he read the script for the first time.

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

The same great taste with none of the chewing!
Every time you take a side mission I really wish it played the "Side Quest Complete/beginning" sting from Deadly Premonition.

Also this reminds me of my favourite giant bomb quick look quote, when it introduces the fashion designer.
David: "He's a D too?"
Brad Shoemaker: 'He sure is.'

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009
I might be nissing something. Is there any reason to think anyone on the plane has anything to do with Peggy's murder or is David just suspicious of everyone whose name starts with D?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I honestly thing it's the latter.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Capilarean posted:

I might be nissing something. Is there any reason to think anyone on the plane has anything to do with Peggy's murder or is David just suspicious of everyone whose name starts with D?

For that matter, have we discovered any reason to think that David didn't kill Peggy and then shoot himself in the head? I mean, he has the traditional suspicious amnesia and is clearly pretty unstable.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 13, 2015

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Capilarean posted:

David believes that, since his superpower of being able to jump into the past was created on the missing day where Peggy died, things he finds that let him jump into the past are potentially related. At the very least, it seems like they might be related to Real Blood, as the case with the librarian(?) that was mentioned at the start of the game had that involved.

It, and his constant search for the D, are the only things he has that might lead him to solving the murder, and he's going to do whatever he can with those two.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Plus Zapatero very specifically claims, according to the case file, that he has information on a "D" that is deeply involved with the Real Blood trade and that's why he's in custody, which considering the circumstances of Little Peggy's death is pretty related. Thus why Kaysen says "We might be looking at the real deal. I've got the good stuff for you this time." It's very likely that this "D" is involved with Zapatero's disappearance, so anyone on the flight is suspicious.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Capilarean posted:

Peggy's murder is tied to David's investigation into the origins and distribution of Real Blood. Kaysen brought it to him because of Zapatero, a Real Blood dealer who turned state's evidence. This is against type for someone involved in Real Blood distribution; everyone else they've tracked down was willing to die rather than reveal information. He also claims that he has information on the source, whose name is or begins with "D".

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Longhouse posted:

Guys

guys

I've got it

and the reason for David's time traveling powers is that he unknowingly awakened his own Stand, 「Devil's Grip on Me」

edit: Alternately, of course, 「Holy Diver」

What I would loving give for this to be a JoJo tie-in game out of nowhere.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

J4: JoJo Jumps Joyously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
David's accent never stops being hilarious.

• Locked thread