Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Baron Bifford posted:

Jeremy, my office's accountant, is retiring soon. Will he pass on his name to his replacement? She's really attached to the name Alice.

Only if he has a really bitchin' copy of Excel that only she can wield.

Say Nothing posted:

Female Thor appears, has anyone checked what Jane Foster is doing at the moment?

No, but Detective Thor Odinson is on the case and he will crack this mystery.

Still from Thor #5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That really should have fancy handwriting instead of a bad font.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

I am 99% sure that Hickman took it from there just because it's really infamous. There's a million options and he happens to pick the one that actually happened and has had nerds snickering for fifty years? And that's not like a misprint in Thor #242; it's giving the character the wrong name in his first appearance.

Aha; I wasn't trying to challenge it, I just didn't realize how well-known a misprint that was. I'd never heard of it before, I didn't realize it was so significant and it seemed like the sort of thing that could be coincidental. Neat!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Only if he has a really bitchin' copy of Excel that only she can wield.

No, but Detective Thor Odinson is on the case and he will crack this mystery.

Still from Thor #5
I like how Kelda's on the list. Because the new Thor is someone who needs the hammer to fly and summon thunder and lightning, and she can't do either of- wait...

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I like that Loki is on the list. It wouldn't be the weirdest thing he's done.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I wouldn't be surprised if Thor thinks Loki is responsible but just put him at the bottom of the list anyway because investigating Loki's schemes is a massive headache that can't be solved by hitting things with a hammer, and he really doesn't want to deal with that unless he absolutely has to

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm wondering how long they're going to stretch this out. I am getting to the point where I'm less intrigued by the mystery and more just want to know who the gently caress I'm reading about.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I thought Loki was on the list because he's literally turned himself into a woman on several occasions.

Mostly to gently caress with Thor. :v:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Bravo posted:

I thought Loki was on the list because he's literally turned himself into a woman on several occasions.

...and once gave birth to an eight legged horse.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

Mostly to gently caress with Thor. :v:

Not literally.

Usually.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I assume he adds Loki to every mystery list just on principle

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Opopanax posted:

His list needs Red Herring.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tana Nile? She's got a head like a beach ball!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Disappointed "Gender-Hexed Hercules" isn't on that list.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Disappointed "Gender-Hexed Hercules" isn't on that list.

I'm still holding out hope that the final showdown against Agger involves Thor bringing in Hercules as a ringer. I mean if you want to take out a minotaur, who better?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Brunnhilde

Rabbit Dressed as Brunnhilde

Kill Spiderman.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, Foster's got experience with this role!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Cabbit posted:

I'm still holding out hope that the final showdown against Agger involves Thor bringing in Hercules as a ringer. I mean if you want to take out a minotaur, who better?

Theseus?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Cabbit posted:

Chris Kanyon.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Hey, Foster's got experience with this role!

Thordis? So she's bigger on the inside?

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
Loki's name should have been near the top of the list.

Then once again at the bottom appended with "check again"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Opopanax posted:

I assume he adds Loki to every list like Norman Osborn adds Spider-man.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Alouicious posted:

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?

A bottle of antidepressants.

Grayson 7

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 13, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alouicious posted:

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?

EVERYBODY

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

I like that Loki is on the list. It wouldn't be the weirdest thing he's done.

Reference to axis maybe?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

Thordis? So she's bigger on the inside?

That probably sounds more perverted than you thought it would.

Alouicious posted:

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?

Who deader than Kanyon :(

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

That probably sounds more perverted than you thought it would.

Nah, he knew exactly how perverted it sounds.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

Reference to axis maybe?

Probably more just a reference to that stretch of time back during JMS' run that Loki turned himself into a woman.

But speaking of Loki and Axis... Loki Agent of Asgard #8 has Loki trying to stop an inverted, drunk-as-gently caress Odinson from wrecking up Vegas but he's on the wrong side of town!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If he'd said "for the honour" he would've been a winged unicorn. :colbert:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Probably more just a reference to that stretch of time back during JMS' run that Loki turned himself into a woman.

But speaking of Loki and Axis... Loki Agent of Asgard #8 has Loki trying to stop an inverted, drunk-as-gently caress Odinson from wrecking up Vegas but he's on the wrong side of town!

So is that what he looked like when he gave birth to Sleipnir?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Shape-shifting has always been one of loki's powers, so being worthy of carrying the hammer seems like the bigger deal to me.

Thor putting him down purely on principle sounds the most appealing though.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I think someone should check on Squirrel Girl. :colbert:

No, but seriously, if I wanted to get in on this can I start with just this new Thor series or is there like a few other series one should read before that? The last storyline I followed was Civil War :ohdear:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Zefiel posted:

No, but seriously, if I wanted to get in on this can I start with just this new Thor series or is there like a few other series one should read before that? The last storyline I followed was Civil War :ohdear:

It's standalone, but it does feature a recurring villain from Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder run that lasted for 25 issues that immediately preceded this Thor volume. God of Thunder is a good run, but it's not essential if you're only interested in the current Thor.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Metalshark posted:

It's standalone, but it does feature a recurring villain from Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder run that lasted for 25 issues that immediately preceded this Thor volume. God of Thunder is a good run, but it's not essential if you're only interested in the current Thor.

God of Thunder is so loving metal, though. You should read it anyways, it's really good and the same writer.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Oohh, okay. I wasn't sure if some background would be necessary from the million titles that seemed to be the fallout of the Hiddleston explosion. Thanks!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey, speaking of God of Thunder. From Issue 12:

Thor has just saved the universe's gods from the God Butcher, with the help of his past and future selves. Now he returns to his beloved Earth, to catch up on stuff he's been missing. He brings the rarest fruit in the universe to a convicted man's last meal. He brings fantastic food to abandoned children in Rio. He brings extinct seeds from the Halls of All-Life to a Catholic convent. He brings tales of his travels to a Tibetan monk. He brings a feast to wounded veterans. He brings rain to a desert.

And then he brings pain

to the foolish.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Phy posted:

Hey, speaking of God of Thunder. From Issue 12:

Thor has just saved the universe's gods from the God Butcher, with the help of his past and future selves. Now he returns to his beloved Earth, to catch up on stuff he's been missing. He brings the rarest fruit in the universe to a convicted man's last meal. He brings fantastic food to abandoned children in Rio. He brings extinct seeds from the Halls of All-Life to a Catholic convent. He brings tales of his travels to a Tibetan monk. He brings a feast to wounded veterans. He brings rain to a desert.

And then he brings pain

to the foolish.

Well, the signs ARE accurate at least, in their case :v:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zefiel posted:

You're implying she needs the power of Thor? She has the power of squirrels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

The Lone Badger posted:

You're implying she needs the power of Thor? She has the power of squirrels.

Whosoever holds this nut, if she be worthy...