Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The guys as it turns out are pretty dumb too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Nate RFB posted:

The guys as it turns out are pretty dumb too.

(This has to be the subtitle of the inevitable anime thread and I will fight anyone who tries anything different.)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The pervert thing is really obnoxious and unfunny, but I appreciate that most characters seem to think that the most important part of it is posing like Jojo.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

chaos rhames posted:

The pervert thing is really obnoxious and unfunny, but I appreciate that most characters seem to think that the most important part of it is posing like Jojo.

Honestly I thought the pervert chapter was better than the birthday one, but neither were up to this strip's usual standards.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

StandardVC10 posted:

Honestly I thought the pervert chapter was better than the birthday one, but neither were up to this strip's usual standards.

Its mainly that stuff about perverts absolutely dominates every scene it comes up without really having any decent jokes or character stuff. It manages to make a time-traveller boring.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

chaos rhames posted:

Its mainly that stuff about perverts absolutely dominates every scene it comes up without really having any decent jokes or character stuff. It manages to make a time-traveller boring.

It's not very hard to make a time traveler boring.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shiho probably is the weakest of the main characters, but that's partly just due to, ironically, a lack of exposure. She tends to more often be part of the peanut gallery, which relegates her to one gag. She needs more chapters where she's around Rin or Aizawa.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 31, 2015

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I thought these chapters were pretty standard actually. Maybe you guys are just getting bored of the formula? I'm still enjoying it a lot, but hopefully there's some sort of shakeup soon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's always weird seeing their official hair colors because, since it's black and white, I just assume their hair has normal colors like blonde for Youko and black for Nagisa.

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Update.

Glorious.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

jrdbnta posted:

Glorious.
This is the perfect page to post. I was thinking the same thing. Note how our hero's face is blocked.

A shovel is really a formidable weapon too.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I just noticed the casual background explanation of how Youko's dad got his forehead scars.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

jrdbnta posted:

Glorious.

How does this manga keep one-upping itself? I thought the story had a perfect encapsulation with "Welcome to the world of idiots" until I saw that page.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The best part for me is that Akane still gets her rear end kicked at the end, because why waste a good badass getup.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

I agree, this manga is some kind of awesome :) I honestly can't believe it is still this consistently entertaining but actually it seems to be getting BETTER. I'm not sure which part I loved most this chapter, THAT epic page, the fact that our MC actually realized it was probably just a misunderstanding and said that several times only to be ignored, or the fact that same-sex love is now officially angel approved.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cyrus_zane posted:

I agree, this manga is some kind of awesome :) I honestly can't believe it is still this consistently entertaining but actually it seems to be getting BETTER. I'm not sure which part I loved most this chapter, THAT epic page, the fact that our MC actually realized it was probably just a misunderstanding and said that several times only to be ignored, or the fact that same-sex love is now officially angel approved.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure you mean demon approved. By a real demon.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

chumbler posted:

Uhhh I'm pretty sure you mean demon approved. By a real demon.

Oh of course, totes a demon, the most demonly demon who ever did demon. She lures you in with offers of free stuff and work she'll do for you then she pounces with her price... demands of thank you's!

But onto another topic can we just talk about how awesome this image here is?

Time for a quick thread game! Pick a piece of music that best fits this frame.
I myself offer up for consideration "Pray for Victory" from the game Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn which can be found here.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Battle Without Honor or Humanity. Nothing else will do.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I'd say some version of Yasha's them from Asura's Wrath will do. Probably the final version or Fang. Hell if it weren't such a short sequence I'd say go Wind into Fang.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

cyrus_zane posted:

If we're playing it straight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sx5zZOwj48

However, considering the kind of manga this is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Dd0EaEbqg
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dare to be Stupid. Remember who that posse is actually made of.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I liked how Angel Demon Student Council President's idea of "seductive poses" is exactly the same as everyone else's. She's the best new character. :allears:

This is the correct choice.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

cyrus_zane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

cyrus_zane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nah, that's for when Alium was trying to stop the cofnession.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

cyrus_zane posted:

But onto another topic can we just talk about how awesome this image here is?

If this scene doesn't make it into the anime, I will be sorely disappointed.

Also:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Wasn't the dragon much larger before?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I believe it's capable of changing shape.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-004-Ch-040--Let-s-investigate-the-Seven-Mysteries-?id=208710

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
New chapter, and one of the best in a while.

http://bato.to/read/_/303649/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa_v8_ch66_by_underdog-scans

Crazy faces, misunderstandings, principal behaving badly, a pervert right here, and all the other things that go into making this such a fun series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Even Shiho is amazed at that level of perversion.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jesus Christ, Asahi, have some decency.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something I've been wondering, for those of you who can read the moon runes, does "charismatic pervert" flow better in Japanese? Because it still feels really stilted in this translation.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
What an odd-looking... figurine.

I really like Shiro's title as one of the school's legends.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I have to bother why they even bother with the secrecy business.

But then I guess it's all worth it if we get those faces.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Good God, Kuromine's such a terrible liar he's looped around to being a SHSL Liar, it seems :v:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Fully expected Aizawa's human-sized robot to turn up and result in everyone thinking Eromine is at his perverted hobby again!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

chumbler posted:

Something I've been wondering, for those of you who can read the moon runes, does "charismatic pervert" flow better in Japanese? Because it still feels really stilted in this translation.

The Japanese for it is カリスマ痴女(charisma chijo), chijo meaning a female pervert, so "charismatic pervert" is a pretty direct translation.

As for whether it flows better in Japanese, the first thing that popped up when I searched "カリスマ痴女" was a shop that apparently sells BDSM gear for women, named Charisma :suicide:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tarezax posted:

As for whether it flows better in Japanese, the first thing that popped up when I searched "カリスマ痴女" was a shop that apparently sells BDSM gear for women, named Charisma :suicide:

Sounds like my sort of thing
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/KY8YI89.png :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Fully expected Aizawa's human-sized robot to turn up and result in everyone thinking Eromine is at his perverted hobby again!

Well given how Aizawa is now human sized for people to see, it's just a matter of time for Mikan to find the robot lying around somewhere.

• Locked thread