Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I went and pre ordered a Majoras mask 3ds where i purchased up front and am having it delivered to my house through gamestop. Is there still a way for me to do an exchange for the 100 dollar credit or is that dead for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Veskit posted:

I went and pre ordered a Majoras mask 3ds where i purchased up front and am having it delivered to my house through gamestop. Is there still a way for me to do an exchange for the 100 dollar credit or is that dead for me?

You could *try* returning it to the store, and doing the exchange towards the same console you just returned. Will it work? I do not know.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The trade-in deal ends on the 15th. If you don't get it by Saturday, you're boned.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

noirstronaut posted:

You could *try* returning it to the store, and doing the exchange towards the same console you just returned. Will it work? I do not know.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The trade-in deal ends on the 15th. If you don't get it by Saturday, you're boned.

Looks like I'll be selling it on SAmart/amazon.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Aaaaand my New 3DS has one dead/stuck pixel.

:argh:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The lady that I talked to told me that the deal was up for two weeks. Maybe it's something for that particular shop I go at in Quebec.

It's also EB Games, but it should be the same thing than Gamestop.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Cosmic Afro posted:

The lady that I talked to told me that the deal was up for two weeks. Maybe it's something for that particular shop I go at in Quebec.

It's also EB Games, but it should be the same thing than Gamestop.

I think it's different in Canada. In the US, it's just to the 15th. Which is weird because I imagine Gamestop selling out on the first day anyway and not receiving other units so soon.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Soul Glo posted:

Aaaaand my New 3DS has one dead/stuck pixel.

:argh:

oof. my first one couldn't read any SD cards

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This is going to be a thing.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah, it's stuck. Red. There was some junk on the touchscreen (from the factory I guess), guess the pressure did it. Guess I'll deal with it, if I bother sending it off to Nintendo or returning it (which Gamestop might not even allow anyway), then I could get one that's worse off.

Maybe it'll unstick itself. It's not awful in actual games, I just stare at it in menus.

e: So much GUESSING, I'm too old for midnight launches.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I hav 3ds

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, it's stuck. Red. There was some junk on the touchscreen (from the factory I guess), guess the pressure did it. Guess I'll deal with it, if I bother sending it off to Nintendo or returning it (which Gamestop might not even allow anyway), then I could get one that's worse off.

Maybe it'll unstick itself. It's not awful in actual games, I just stare at it in menus.

if it makes you feel any better I got mine from EB Games (which is like Australian Gamestop) and they replaced it on the spot no questions asked, didn't even have to replicate the issue or anything

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
So the evening manager at my local Wal-Mart (West County, MO) told me that none of the Wal-Marts were going to get any shipments for the first week because of some exclusivity deal between Best Buy and Gamestop despite the fact that the morning manager confirmed that they had ten of them in the back and even read me the proper SKU for them.

That said, my local Best Buy just updated their inventories for their website and so I got Store Pick Up set up for the morning. :toot:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Enzer posted:

So the evening manager at my local Wal-Mart (West County, MO) told me that none of the Wal-Marts were going to get any shipments for the first week because of some exclusivity deal between Best Buy and Gamestop despite the fact that the morning manager confirmed that they had ten of them in the back and even read me the proper SKU for them.

That said, my local Best Buy just updated their inventories for their website and so I got Store Pick Up set up for the morning. :toot:

I just bought one at walmart

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah, I figured that the guy was being full of poo poo since the morning manager told me outright that they had them. That said, I did look around and they didn't have any advertisement or anything out on display.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 13, 2015

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

strap on revenge posted:

if it makes you feel any better I got mine from EB Games (which is like Australian Gamestop) and they replaced it on the spot no questions asked, didn't even have to replicate the issue or anything

North American Gamestop doesn't do returns on opened new games, I doubt they will on consoles.

Also then with my luck I'll get one with two actual dead pixels and regret it, so :shrug:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Same. The 3d head tracking on this system is impressive to say the least.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Soul Glo posted:

North American Gamestop doesn't do returns on opened new games, I doubt they will on consoles.

Also then with my luck I'll get one with two actual dead pixels and regret it, so :shrug:

Defective hardware isn't the same as an opened game. Go return it and they'll replace it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Uh yes they will do returns on consoles

Come on guys, return policies are easy to look up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The LCD screens seem a little off center

Is that normal

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Uh yes they will do returns on consoles

Come on guys, return policies are easy to look up

Neat. Guess I'll call tomorrow.

e: The head/eye tracking owns.

e2: Back of receipt says they'll exchange it within 30 days. :toot:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Anyone that fucks up unscrewing the drat back is a moron. Either they didn't practice enough or they're slow.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Go Walmart, even though I was really surprised that mine, well the mine of the next town over, only received three. While I was checking out I over heard the nice old lady that sold me mine tell some dude on the phone that they only had 2 red ones left but would hold one for hime since it sounded like his drive was about 40 minutes to get there.

The guy I talked to at the Walmart that shut me down was much younger so I thought he would at least be aware that it existed, but by the end of the conversation I was telling him to look in the back for any 3ds with extra buttons. I don't know whether to chalk it up to better management/ preparation at the second place, or just the fact that the older lady took her job much more seriously and at least tried to keep up with new devices and street dates.

I feel like I should be talking to that ladies manager somehow just to tell them how impressed I was.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Edit:

*Nevermind I am dumb*

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

loudog999 posted:

Go Walmart, even though I was really surprised that mine, well the mine of the next town over, only received three. While I was checking out I over heard the nice old lady that sold me mine tell some dude on the phone that they only had 2 red ones left but would hold one for hime since it sounded like his drive was about 40 minutes to get there.

The guy I talked to at the Walmart that shut me down was much younger so I thought he would at least be aware that it existed, but by the end of the conversation I was telling him to look in the back for any 3ds with extra buttons. I don't know whether to chalk it up to better management/ preparation at the second place, or just the fact that the older lady took her job much more seriously and at least tried to keep up with new devices and street dates.

I feel like I should be talking to that ladies manager somehow just to tell them how impressed I was.

It took them a while to find them too. There were some enormous nerdy guys waiting with me who all left when they discovered none of them were Majora's Mask 3dses so i got to pick the one i wanted

but the screen's a little tilted and i dunno what to do w/ that

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

It took them a while to find them too. There were some enormous nerdy guys waiting with me who all left when they discovered none of them were Majora's Mask 3dses so i got to pick the one i wanted

but the screen's a little tilted and i dunno what to do w/ that

No, that was the best part. This lady had brought her meager three from the back and had them on the shelf before midnight but knew not to sell them. When I found her she had handfuls of Majora's Mask on on her about to stock them. Long story short, I now have feelings for a late 60s/early 70s third shift electronics worker at Walmart that I will never be able to explain to my wife.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
My 3ds is safe on the charger and I'm going the gently caress to bed because I have contracted some kind of West African superflu and I have class in the morning that I really can't miss.

It's nice and heavy (the 3DS, not my literature class). The glossy finish is neat too. The buttons feel good but the right thumbstick is a little on the stiff side. Probably something that will correct with use.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

NN3DSXL MonHun Edition arriving on Monday. Not bad for free shipping!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

see, it's not in the center

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Looks centered to me

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's just you panicking, it's fine.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I'm not noticing anything askew.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

You're right but I wouldn't really worry about it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Do I need to format a new 32gb micro SD card on my computer, or can I just put it in the system and have it work?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Has anyone had issues with the new 3ds screens being darker? I think I just hit the lottery and got a hosed up screen after braving the cold as poo poo night air and dealing with this long rear end transfer process.

edit: Nevermind, auto brightness was on, and auto brightness sucks serious poo poo.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 13, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

the truth posted:

Do I need to format a new 32gb micro SD card on my computer, or can I just put it in the system and have it work?

Format it on the computer using SD Formatter.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Format it on the computer using SD Formatter.

My 3ds formatted it for me just fine.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
There was a poo poo load of people at my local GameStop so we said gently caress that and went to Walmart at around 11:58 and were the first ones there. A friend and I bought mh4 and Majoras and it actually sold out by the time we left, since my friend forgot his wallet in his car managed to get the last copy of monster hunter. Low shipments it seems. Not really a big deal since you can download it but yeah man it seems like physical copies might run out.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

The REAL Goobusters posted:

There was a poo poo load of people at my local GameStop so we said gently caress that and went to Walmart at around 11:58 and were the first ones there. A friend and I bought mh4 and Majoras and it actually sold out by the time we left, since my friend forgot his wallet in his car managed to get the last copy of monster hunter. Low shipments it seems. Not really a big deal since you can download it but yeah man it seems like physical copies might run out.

Ironically nobody at my Walmart bought a single game. Personally I have MM and monhun4 coming via Amazon Prime in ~8 hours but still was extremely odd. There were ~12 people in line before midnight and all but 5ish wanted the MM version of the console. Told them all that our Target would have 4 and laughed thinking about how cold it's going to be while they wait. Feel sorry for the 3 that got in line at 10:30 though HEH

And this is why I wanted to get my stuff off my hacked 3DS before I got banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I was prepared for hell on earth.. but nothing could compare me to slightly turning not one, but two screws to get to this card.. is there any kind of counseling that nintendo offers after that. i legit see me sining up for some kind of benefit because the two screws-gate made me loose my faith in humanity and everything that i believe is real...

On a more positive note, the system transfer went pretty nintendo smooth so I have no complaints. My only question now is that every time I try to calibrate the new Super-Stable 3D I get multiple flashing warning about it is not working probably. Is this going to be a factor in future games, or is it just the fact that I wear glasses it is messing it all up?

• Locked thread