Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Luna Was Here posted:

the rarest knife (StatTrak M9 Bayonet Slaughter FN) went for 20k on ebay

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha those pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gaben is a god drat loving genius. TF2: cs edition is the most powerful of all...

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Oh hey guys wha-

Alighieri posted:

Sold the knife for $2550 + normal M9 Doppler Black Pearl. So far have not been scammed. Unless my continued playing of this game constitutes the biggest scam of all.

...well gently caress.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
They added the Dragon Lore painting to the Cobble museum. Still a poo poo map though.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Luna Was Here posted:

Kinda seems like someone(Valve?) could have a pretty sweet charity auction with these things

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Have skins gotten exponentially more expensive or what?

I'm going through my inventory and seeing what they cost on the market and I easily have $1000 of guns and pistols (my ak alone is worth $300).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suran37 posted:

They added the Dragon Lore painting to the Cobble museum. Still a poo poo map though.

It's illegal to badmouth cbbl

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Suran37 posted:

Sorry about your poo poo opinions

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Luna Was Here posted:

what the gently caress

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Fat Lou posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha those pixels

it has to be fake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stat-Trak-Bayonet-Fade-Factory-New-/201153606923
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Counter-Strike-GO-Knife-Skin-Stat-Trak-M9-Bayonet-Crimson-Web-Factory-New-/321528419181

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Some Dota couriers go for the same amount of money so I don't understand why you guys are so surprised. People loving love their cosmetics.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Played my first game against goons.

I'm...I'm just gonna uninstall.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Oh no you're not. We're gonna make you a killing machine.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

henne posted:

Oh no you're not. We're gonna make you a killing machine.

The only defense I will take is that it was Nuke and I really really really really really really really really really really really loving hate Nuke.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel like Nuke is only fun at all in league. In MM it's a nightmare getting people to coordinate on T side unless you're with Eagles.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Was this our very own coLe getting killed twice by Swag yesterday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcK_D5fnQkY

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alighieri posted:

Sold the knife for $2550 + normal M9 Doppler Black Pearl. So far have not been scammed. Unless my continued playing of this game constitutes the biggest scam of all.

Good job dude. Well done. drat, my dopper karambit is only like 600. Some dude shelled out 2550 for that thing. Crazy...

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao microtransactions have gotten pretty retarded when you can use one to buy like 35 new games or a lovely car

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
It looks like ESEA is going to try and do something about the rampant DDoS that literally ruins online competitive CS:

"lpkane posted:

first, both matches last night weren't fun for anyone involved, they weren't fun for the players, the teams, the casters, viewers, they weren't fun for me either

that being said, we will continue to not allow reschedules for player ddos issues because standards need to be set in the following areas:

1. organizations need to be responsible for protecting their player ip addresses

2. organizations need to be prepared with a backup for situations like tonight

this isn't amateur anymore, a lot of money is at stake and an increasing number of eyes are on the world of esports -- we all need to do a better job

in the past we deserved a significant share of the blame for making it easy to ddos matches, and to solve that we put in a significant amount of time and money towards making improvements

in the past valve deserved a share of the blame for the ease in which an ip address could be obtained over steam, and to solve that they put in the time necessary to address the issue

now the current culprit appears to be voip applications including skype and mumble

rather than rely on developers to fix the inherent problems we're going to be working with invite teams and will be requiring all players to use the following, or an equivalent:

http://proxee.net

that solves the problem in that you use it purely as a vpn to connect to skype -- it won't affect your in-game latency in any way, and if and when your ip address is leaked over skype it won't impact your primary connection

i would encourage all players who take the game seriously to consider using a voip proxy like the above so that you don't find yourself in a situation like a number of players found themselves tonight

this will ultimately be a small bump in the road as esports continues to grow, but it's something we can all work towards fixing

Now let's see if the players actually try this.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Sewer Adventure posted:

Was this our very own coLe getting killed twice by Swag yesterday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcK_D5fnQkY

yes

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Turk February posted:

It looks like ESEA is going to try and do something about the rampant DDoS that literally ruins online competitive CS:

Now let's see if the players actually try this.

You mean the thing the entire dota scene did a year ago?

I can't believe this takes the CS:GO scene this long. Protecting you're IP as a competetive gamer is really loving important these days.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

and k1ng?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
No

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fat Lou posted:

GAMEPLAY
-Smoke screen overlay fades faster now when exiting smokes quickly.
-Adjusted boundaries of smoke screen overlay slightly.

loving finally

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Necc0 posted:

loving finally

Oh don't worry, it's not actually fixed.

e: standing here:

looks like

kcer fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 13, 2015

J
Jun 10, 2001

Alighieri posted:

:eyepop:

Congrats on the score, and good job not getting scammed.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

kcer posted:

Oh don't worry, it's not actually fixed.

e: standing here:

looks like

Wow, you sure that T didn't just run through the smoke?

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Rumour doing the rounds that Mikelele is out of nip, the triumphant return of fiff? Oh yes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Wow, you sure that T didn't just run through the smoke?

Isn't that probably intentional, though?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Apparently your speed leaving the smoke matters now.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
http://www.hltv.org/news/14237-maikelele-leaves-nip-report

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
Played with you guys last night, won both matches it was pretty fun

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

lol the official statement is just calling out his attitude http://esport.aftonbladet.se/team/ninjas-in-pyjamas/official-statement-nip-csgo-team

quote:

The last couple of days there have been a number of speculations, and we feel the need to address these in an open statement. The Ninjas in Pyjamas CS:GO team are going to try out new players for the time being, to see if there is a possibility that they find a better line-up than the one they have today.

Maikelele is a great talent and a very good player, but lacks a certain amount of experience that is required in order to have a permanent spot in the NiP line-up. Much more than pure talent is required in order to play professionally on an international level. Maikelele is still a part of NiP and has been informed of his shortcomings and now has a chance of working on them. In other words, the CS:GO team still consists of the same five players, but we are open to trying new players for the upcoming period of time.

Maikelele adapted well to the CS:GO team, meaning there are no other aspects to this decision but the sporting ones that are the base of this evaluation period.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I wonder whats the nature of his attitude problem?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
he's not fifflaren

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Jumpoff posted:

Played my first game against goons.

I'm...I'm just gonna uninstall.

I have a habit of playing CSGO for like a week every 6 months and forgetting everything in between

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013

Stumbletron posted:

he's not fifflaren

To be fair he has been kicked from some of his previous teams for "attitude problems" as well.

I hope NiP picks up SpawN. :allears:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Jessie Tanner posted:

To be fair he has been kicked from some of his previous teams for "attitude problems" as well.

I hope NiP picks up SpawN. :allears:

Spawn wouldn't be any better in any aspect hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I think mcvey would pretty much explode if fiff subbed in for ESL and they won it

• Locked thread