Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Finally an amiibo for the common man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Regy Rusty posted:

I never found this, whatever it is, but I managed to kill him on my next try by the skin of my teeth.

Generally Ridley is bad at hitting Samus on the edges of his platform on Super Metroid. He telegraphs any move that could hit her there and the pogo attack will impotently fall short of hitting her there while she unloads super missiles into him.

Congrats on approaching the end of one of the best games ever.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Help Im Alive posted:

In France they call her Harmonie and I know this because someone I follow on Miiverse is in love with her and races online in MK8 with a Mii that's supposed to be the daughter of his wife Rosalina

nice

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dont buy amiibos.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Vintersorg posted:

Dont buy amiibos.

The song builds in intensity, with Zack De La Rocha repeating the line "gently caress you, I won't do what you tell me", murmuring the line the first four times, building in a crescendo the next four times and screaming the line the final 8 times culminating with Zack screaming "Motherfucker!"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

The song builds in intensity, with Zack De La Rocha repeating the line "gently caress you, I won't do what you tell me", murmuring the line the first four times, building in a crescendo the next four times and screaming the line the final 8 times culminating with Zack screaming "Motherfucker!"

I was just going to say 'gently caress you' but this works.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Finally an amiibo for the common man.

If they made a Wario-ware version of Wario I'd jump on that in a second.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Visitor K posted:

His Smash design is WW Wario so it's only a matter of time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Rage Against the Miichine

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pretty sure Wario is in wave 4.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The WW Wario is in the next line of Smash amiibo.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

The WW Wario is in the next line of Smash amiibo.

gently caress, and I thought I was safe from the amiibo craze. Not for long, I guess...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Visitor K posted:

You disgust me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wario is the best Nintendo character.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

You disgust me.

Why? Cause I don't like his vomit-inducing purple and yellow outfit?

I wish his amiibo would fart when you pushed a button or something, that would make it just perfect :allears:

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Those bonus Mii levels in Mario Party 10 look so low effort.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Old Swerdlow posted:

Those bonus Mii levels in Mario Party 10 look so low effort.

Amiibos.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Amiibo boards are the only way to play traditional Mario Party but why would you even want to play boards like those.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is it even traditional Mario Party? With mini games after everyone moves and star hunts?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Amiibo boards are, I think. The non-Amiibo mode and the Bowser mode do that "everyone moves together" things from the last couple games that noone seems to like,

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Amiibo boards are, I think. The non-Amiibo mode and the Bowser mode do that "everyone moves together" things from the last couple games that noone seems to like,

It's simply not Mario Party if the game doesn't end with your best friend/significant other being one betrayal shy of trying to embed a controller in your skull.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rosalina is bae

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The car mode is just so boring. Nothing interesting actually happens most of the time, especially since minigames don't happen every turn anymore. I don't know why they thought that was a good idea, or one that was worth reusing.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
The last good Mario Party game was Mario Party DS, all the ones since have been poo poo. Although this new one looks like it might make for some fun times with the new Bowser mode.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

PrBacterio posted:

The last good Mario Party game was Mario Party DS, all the ones since have been poo poo. Although this new one looks like it might make for some fun times with the new Bowser mode.

I dunno, World Tour mode in Wii Party was pretty good and was probably the closest Nintendo's gotten to traditional Mario Party since Hudson died.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I can't understand how a game where you play as Bowser and fry your friends with fire breath can possibly be bad.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
Guys just don't buy amiibos.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Stumpalitious posted:

Guys just don't buy amiibos.

I don't know where this 'don't buy amiibos' bullshit is coming from but Amiibos are cool. Buy them if you want to.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

They border on overpriced, in my opinion, and trying to guess which will be the most useful or supported figurines annoys me. But I like having my little Kirby on my desk and training a killer CPU in Smash Bros is more fun than I thought.

Guys, just don't COLLECT amiibos.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually do buy all of them. thanks for your time

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hydrocodone posted:

Guys, just don't COLLECT amiibos.

Yes, big distinction here. Get a few of the characters you like but don't literally spend $500 for all of them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Trying to collect all the Amiibos seems like an exercise in frustration so I can agree with this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The pictures in that amiibo thread on neogaf are terrifying

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Geez, Wario's amiibo is huge.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Help Im Alive posted:

Have you seen the Amiibo thread here? It's loving hilarious.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Help Im Alive posted:

OMG!
I'm in line for amiibo at TRU. Guaranteed a dedede megaman and sonic.
Just called Fred Meyer WHILE AT TRU and they have 1 Ike in and I have it reserved!

Best amiibo day ever

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
day before valentine's day, sitting in line with other nerds to buy small plastic toys. Just called a grocery store to ask if they have the blue haired anime guy in. Had to specify it was the bigger blue haired anime guy and that he's much buffer than the other guy and they said yes!! Big day for me here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All I want is a Wario Amiibo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Louisgod posted:

OMG!
I'm in line for amiibo at TRU. Guaranteed a dedede megaman and sonic.
Just called Fred Meyer WHILE AT TRU and they have 1 Ike in and I have it reserved!

Best amiibo day ever

Louisgod posted:

day before valentine's day, sitting in line with other nerds to buy small plastic toys. Just called a grocery store to ask if they have the blue haired anime guy in. Had to specify it was the bigger blue haired anime guy and that he's much buffer than the other guy and they said yes!! Big day for me here

had to double up on this sick burn huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

epitasis posted:

had to double up on this sick burn huh

Don't get so offended child.

• Locked thread