Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advion
Jul 25, 2005

Ziploc posted:

So will existing customers get a steam version?

I finally set some proper FOV settings in my sims last night. But that meant not being able to see the dash through the wheel anymore. Enter Nexus4, a piece of steel, and some velcro.

I pretty much did the same thing a few weeks ago although I can't stand the 'real fov' so I backed it out like 7 degrees. Oh and I also use a Nexus 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Is it wrong that I want the DashMeter Pro dev to release a version of the app for ETS2 even though it is not a racing sim?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

There's been talk of Driveclub a bit. I know it's not a PC Sim, but as a fresh PS4 owner since christmas, can anyone tell me if it's worth picking up, at all? Sometimes a racer that's not a sperg-caliber sim is nice brain candy.

edit: vvvv thank you. vvvv

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 31, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nerdrock posted:

There's been talk of Driveclub a bit. I know it's not a PC Sim, but as a fresh PS4 owner since christmas, can anyone tell me if it's worth picking up, at all? Sometimes a racer that's not a sperg-caliber sim is nice brain candy.

Yes. It's an extremely competent racing game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes, buy DriveClub. It's awesome.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I said come in! posted:

Yes, buy DriveClub. It's awesome.

I dont suppose you can use a g27 on ps4 can you?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

nthalp posted:

I dont suppose you can use a g27 on ps4 can you?

Sorry nope. Sony changed how hardware works by requiring an actual chip for peripherals to connect. It's very unlikely that they'll mod old gen stuff to work.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

holocaust bloopers posted:

Sorry nope. Sony changed how hardware works by requiring an actual chip for peripherals to connect. It's very unlikely that they'll mod old gen stuff to work.

Bastards.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Just tried out the latest build of pCars. Wow! It feels really good. Did they finally come to a consensus on the tire physics?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

Just tried out the latest build of pCars. Wow! It feels really good. Did they finally come to a consensus on the tire physics?

Everything seems to pretty much be in place now and it's just bug fixes left.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Everything seems to pretty much be in place now and it's just bug fixes left.

What's the car list looking like? Specifically for GT3 vehicles.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I asked in the iRacing thread so I figured I'd ask here. I got the Porsche GT2 wheel and shifters, the silver-handled ones. They're very clicky which is nice, but LOUD. Anyone try anything to quiet them? Or are there shifters on the market that aren't so loud?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Posted in iracing too:

Figured I'd drop this here

1sale.com has a steel series srw1 simraceway wheel for edit: 49 bux if anyone was looking for one

On its own it probably sucks.. mounted to a g27/25 its probably a decent f1 wheel with lots o buttons.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 6, 2015

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

tater_salad posted:

Posted in iracing too:

Figured I'd drop this here

1sale.com has a steel series srw1 simraceway wheel for 89 bux if anyone was looking for one

On its own it probably sucks.. mounted to a g27/25 its probably a decent f1 wheel with lots o buttons.

My local BestBuy has it for 69$

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/steelseries-steelseries-simraceway-steering-wheel-srw-s1-srw-s1-wheel/10183684.aspx

I desperately want to make it work for my new wheel. But it's hollow plastic and breaks easily with force.

(I really want clutch paddles. And the SRW has pretty nifty throttle/brake paddles)

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 6, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I made a bad thread for Project CARS http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699304

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I posted in the iRacing thread already since I'm planing on trying that out when my New G27 in a couple days.

I own arseto corsa. What other Sims should I be looking at? I'm mostly intrested in open wheel racing. I'd also really love a game with Formula E car.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Norns posted:

I posted in the iRacing thread already since I'm planing on trying that out when my New G27 in a couple days.

I own arseto corsa. What other Sims should I be looking at? I'm mostly intrested in open wheel racing. I'd also really love a game with Formula E car.

Rfactor 2 is awesome, but looks a little dated

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Live For Speed. Amazingly flexible (though no modding), great for learning, also a little dated.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Norns posted:

I stopped playing other racing games so I could focus on iracing. This way I can get used to one car and how it handles without getting "confused" with other cars from other games.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

open wheel racing i'd personally have to point you towards game stock car extreme, it has a formula vee up to formula v12 plus goddamn superkarts are coming out soon in a patch and goddamnit game stock car extreme is a really good game in my opinion, especially if you plan on doing single player orientated stuff.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Chiming in to say that Game Stock Car is a great game. Great tracks and good physics.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
http://www.virtualr.net/monte-carlo-special-stage-1-0-ac-released

Screenshot is mine, video is not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZqd2yAn4r8

I need to get a wheel again and make a chair setup already.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm having some issues finding the right settings for my G27 with Asseto Corsa. I followed one of the higher rated setup guides that's currently on steam. The settings feel so diffrent than the defaults.

I've never driven a car so I can't make any comparisons.

Anyone have a good setup I can try out?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Chiming in to say that Game Stock Car is a great game. Great tracks and good physics.

Agreed. Got it when it showed up on Steam yesterday and it's really loving good. Anybody looking for offline RACING needs to give it a try.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Speaking of GSCE I have a question I haven't found an answer to.

what happened to superkarts for this update?

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Sweet - I had bought GSC2013 (which became 'Extreme') and just realized they are giving Steam Keys out for previous owners.

http://game-stockcar.com.br/steam-key/?lang=en

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I mainly play iRacing but I also own Assetto Corsa. I enjoy racing games because of the online racing that something like iRacing offers. AC's offline racing doesn't really do it for me, is Game Stock Car worth a go if you already own AC? Seems like it has nice open wheel stuff, more than AC and I would like a nice racer for offline racing.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 13, 2015

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

Torabi posted:

I mainly play iRacing but I also own Assetto Corsa. I enjoy racing games because of the online racing that something like iRacing offers. AC's offline racing doesn't really do it for me, is Game Stock Car worth a go if you already own AC? Seems like it has nice open wheel stuff, more than AC and I would like a nice racer for offline racing.

AC does have multi-player now.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I prefer the driving in Assetto Corsa to anything else I tried but racing the AI is a terrible experience (I really hope 1.1 brings the promised improvements). Stock Car's offline racing is great.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Psy890 posted:

AC does have multi-player now.

Ah yes. Should've been more specific, looking for a better offline experience. I do all of my online racing in iRacing, I like the SR system and whatnot. I kept getting rammed in AC. Not that everybody playing is ramming or anything but I like the matchmaking and stuff in iRacing.

Gonna try the demo for stock car extreme again. Last time it kept crashing but it turns out you need to run it as an admin or something.

Edit:

Stock car extreme doesn't control right for me. Force feedback set to 100% (for some reason defaults to -100%?) causes my wheel to always want to go 900 degrees in the direction I'm only slightly turning.

Edit again:

God drat, I can't drive for poo poo in this game. iRacing, for whatever reason, is much more forgiving when it comes to switching gears manually with a clutch at low speeds.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 13, 2015

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Torabi posted:

Stock car extreme doesn't control right for me. Force feedback set to 100% (for some reason defaults to -100%?) causes my wheel to always want to go 900 degrees in the direction I'm only slightly turning.

It's reversed. Set it to -100%

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Ziploc posted:

It's reversed. Set it to -100%

Well then, I feel stupid now. But at the same time, why the gently caress is -100% the default setting. I took it down to +50% and started playing, wasn't as bad then. But maybe that's why I had such a hard time driving in a straight line. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Speaking of Assetto Corsa, how do I get it working with my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel? Anyone in this thread using that wheel with that sim? What did you have to do? Halp.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Torabi posted:

Well then, I feel stupid now. But at the same time, why the gently caress is -100% the default setting. I took it down to +50% and started playing, wasn't as bad then. But maybe that's why I had such a hard time driving in a straight line. :v:

I think a lot of wheels need negative values with gMotor games. My Fanatec does too.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what is this? source?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks like project cars

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep, that's Project Cars, and holy poo poo that is nice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Holy balls I hope I like physics in that game. Very sexy.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

That looks amazing but wasn't pCars going to be a bit more arcadey? Nothing wrong with that but that's what I have heard at least. Not tried it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Every time I watch a pCars video my impression is that it's what Codemasters would be doing today if they evolved the original TOCA series instead of going full arcade. It just has that vibe for me, idk.

• Locked thread