Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Is there ANY way in which the M48 Patton is better than the STB-1 at anything that matters? Just turret rotation I guess.

STB-1 is rocking my world. It may throw off shots but its lovely and OP and beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Bulldog nerf doesn't seem too bad if you are using the autoloader... 4 seconds added to an already long reload time won't really affect how the tank is played or its effectiveness once that clip reloads.

Though it will kind of suck more at the beginning of matches.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Hold up hold up hold up.

Triple crew skill tomorrow. Not for first victory of the day - it's just triple crew exp; all day on any tank. That's pretty tight.

Read again man. It's not for tomorrow, it's FROM tomorrow, and until wednesday.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
I guess panthers are ok

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

panther had its moments, i wish the L100 had better shell speed though.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Axetrain posted:

9.6 adds the CDC and STA-2 right? Well tier 8 prems just so happen to be on sale until Wednesday. I would imagine they will be postponing 9.6 until at least then.

Nah, Panther 88 appeared in a 9.5 during EU's Xmas/NY 15% off T8 prems - they just said "gently caress you it's not included" - no reason to delay the patch when they can just say no discount.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Atal Vataman posted:

it still accelerates like a mofo. not that i played it on test, but it seems quite alright. its soft as gently caress though. i got penned by a wolverine shooting he at me for 400 D: ill post a vid of some gameplay, to show off mobility.

this patch = rip snapshots btw. it sucks

E: here eventually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BsD36ITRg
disclaimer, not really spectacular games or anything, but i climb hill on himmelsdorff among other things
no gamesound because copyright fuckers hate music

That E25 knew what he wanted in life.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

6 games in and this might be my new favorite tank; why are they nerfing it again?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Nah, Panther 88 appeared in a 9.5 during EU's Xmas/NY 15% off T8 prems - they just said "gently caress you it's not included" - no reason to delay the patch when they can just say no discount.

Mind you that's WGEU, who make poor decisions, and not WGNA, who make terrible decisions.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
I haven't played since 0.7.3 mostly because I was really tired of playing at 300-500 ping constantly. Is there any way for me to transfer my US account to the Asia server? It'd be nice to be able to just jump right back in to my SU-8, SU-100, Hummel, and I think I got up to the JgPz IV? Also is there stuff I should know that's changed a lot? I know I heard a bit of stuff about the new engine and less bullshit misses.
E: Also the launcher says I have 8.3gb of patches - would it be faster to just download the game from scratch? I'm kind of erring to the side of a fresh install because I have no idea whether I took mods off properly while patching.

is that good fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 13, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

6 games in and this might be my new favorite tank; why are they nerfing it again?

They're not nerfing it much, really. If you use the autoloader anyway. Going from 32 to 36sec reload is like 12% increase. But if you use the non-autoloader gun it's in the 22% range. Basically the DPM drops from 2571 to 2071. That's drat near 25% drop, and the DPM of the autoloader is suddenly comparable. While clipping it's vastly superior. So...in short, get the autoloader and forget about there being a nerf at all.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Allstone posted:

I haven't played since 0.7.3 mostly because I was really tired of playing at 300-500 ping constantly. Is there any way for me to transfer my US account to the Asia server? It'd be nice to be able to just jump right back in to my SU-8, SU-100, Hummel, and I think I got up to the JgPz IV? Also is there stuff I should know that's changed a lot? I know I heard a bit of stuff about the new engine and less bullshit misses.
E: Also the launcher says I have 8.3gb of patches - would it be faster to just download the game from scratch? I'm kind of erring to the side of a fresh install because I have no idea whether I took mods off properly while patching.

Since 7.3? Did... did they even have proper physics back then? I'm pretty sure that if you were to play now it would be a completely different game from what you remember.

Edit: Oh man, I just checked. 7.3 was allll the way back when the KV was split into the KV-1 and KV-2. Yeah, if you want to play again you might as well just start over because practically everything is changed one way or another.

Except the Lee. The Lee is still poo poo.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 13, 2015

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Rorac posted:

Since 7.3? Did... did they even have proper physics back then? I'm pretty sure that if you were to play now it would be a completely different game from what you remember.

Edit: Oh man, I just checked. 7.3 was allll the way back when the KV was split into the KV-1 and KV-2. Yeah, if you want to play again you might as well just start over because practically everything is changed one way or another.

Except the Lee. The Lee is still poo poo.
Yeah, there wasn't any physics modeling - if you tried to go over an edge you just came to a sudden stop without taking any damage, so trying to skirt around the slopy bits on the edge of the map in lights/mediums was really risky.
I see that most of the tanks that I used to play that were T5s are now like T6s and T7s now, so that's interesting. I really enjoyed TDs, so I'm hoping they're still good-ish.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Allstone posted:

Yeah, there wasn't any physics modeling - if you tried to go over an edge you just came to a sudden stop without taking any damage, so trying to skirt around the slopy bits on the edge of the map in lights/mediums was really risky.
I see that most of the tanks that I used to play that were T5s are now like T6s and T7s now, so that's interesting. I really enjoyed TDs, so I'm hoping they're still good-ish.

They are about to get slapped with a much needed view range. At high tiers, artillery pretty much dictates the battles, even though its not fun to play as and not fun to be on the receiving end (so why is it there?)

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Jack_tripper posted:

How are they nerfing the Bulldog? I saw slightly longer reload times, anything else?

I'm a few hundred thousand credits away from my first Tier 7 tank, the T29.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Animal posted:

At high tiers, artillery pretty much dictates the battles, even though its not fun to play as and not fun to be on the receiving end (so why is it there?)

Eh?
Unless we talk about Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient with 2 good teams, arty really does not dictate the battles.
Tier 9-10 mediums on the other hand.....

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Animal posted:

They are about to get slapped with a much needed view range. At high tiers, artillery pretty much dictates the battles, even though its not fun to play as and not fun to be on the receiving end (so why is it there?)

"much needed view range nerf," just to clarify for him. If you want fun, go Russian TDs and take the SU-152 line. Don't bother getting the Tier 10, it's poo poo and in some cases outperformed by the 9, but tiers 6-9 are great and often hilarious.

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm a few hundred thousand credits away from my first Tier 7 tank, the T29.

You will love it, and it's a much better choice for a new player than the Bulldog, but make sure you at least freexp to the 90mm.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Allstone posted:

Holy poo poo stay away from the asia server, its full of veits and bad reroll japs who feel that goldpsam will fix their green 25K game stats, no one speaks english so when you tell them to drop a toaster in their bathtub or inform them of how poo poo they are for being a pubbie you get [][][]555+ back. also not to mention the packet loss is annoying at times. once the veits kill the server i am going to try and get a transfer to NA asap.

Jack_tripper posted:

because it completely outclasses all the other t7 scouts by an insane margin (besides the LTTB), after 9.6 lands for sea/NA the t71 might be better than the bulldog.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

rockopete posted:

You will love it, and it's a much better choice for a new player than the Bulldog, but make sure you at least freexp to the 90mm.

Yeah, I elited the M6 so I have the gun. I've read in too many places how the 76mm on the T29 is absolutely horrific.

Snakes in a can posted:

... (besides the LTTB) ...

I guess I know how to progress on the Russian light tech tree, though my second Tier 7 will likely be the KV-13 once my T-34-85 gets enough experience as I tend to favor heavies and mediums. I recruited my brother to play this lovely game and have to figure out how to make sure we get whatever bonuses or rewards that can be had.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Cardiac posted:

Eh?
Unless we talk about Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient with 2 good teams, arty really does not dictate the battles.
Tier 9-10 mediums on the other hand.....

This is what I find, Arty dictates some interactions like you can't just sit hull down in a hollow and be invincible but it's mostly the high tier mediums that really do that damage.

You might get killed by an arty but only through pressure brought on by the rest of the team. If your team does nothing to pressure the other team then you get no where with arty.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Aramoro posted:

This is what I find, Arty dictates some interactions like you can't just sit hull down in a hollow and be invincible but it's mostly the high tier mediums that really do that damage.

You might get killed by an arty but only through pressure brought on by the rest of the team. If your team does nothing to pressure the other team then you get no where with arty.

No no no... Artillery is the bane of this game and the reason why the world is so gray. Remove artillery from the game and you will see rainbows everywhere, little girls dancing in the sun with butterflies all around them. Birds will suddenly turn into disney cartoons and sing along..

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

This isn't even my final form! (stock except for upgraded radio)

Gotta love starting west, crossing the field, and have tanks driving in there to try to kill you. 1024 on the WT4, 1650 on the T30, 1172 on the 704. E-100 was afk (drove off cap and into map border, crashed?) and I spotted it at the end, 2339 spotting damage. Now if only this had been in a light tank while I was on LT-15...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Welp Valentines day is tomorrow, and some premium tanks are on sale 75% off.

The Valentine is poo poo but only sees tier fours. Grab one for platooning with B2s if you don't have a B2.
The Matilda 4 is really bad. It is worse in every way to the Churchill 3, except hull rotation.
Do not buy the Matilda BP. Do not buy the Matilda BP. It is not worth the slot in your garage.

The regular Matilda and Valentine tanks are on sale for 75% credits, buy them and sell the Valentine for a 50% on Sunday. The Matilda is great fun, the Valentine is hilariously unbalanced in the wrong direction, and the VAT is alright but a bit slow.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Jack_tripper posted:

some smart goon told to use the "disable voice messages" option on those players you want to single out for killing in the future

Problem is that voice ignore, actual ignore, and friends all share the same cap. If you have lots of friends, don't be expecting your shitlist to extend very far (or vice versa).

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Snakes in a can posted:

Holy poo poo stay away from the asia server, its full of veits and bad reroll japs who feel that goldpsam will fix their green 25K game stats, no one speaks english so when you tell them to drop a toaster in their bathtub or inform them of how poo poo they are for being a pubbie you get [][][]555+ back. also not to mention the packet loss is annoying at times. once the veits kill the server i am going to try and get a transfer to NA asap.

because it completely outclasses all the other t7 scouts by an insane margin (besides the LTTB), after 9.6 lands for sea/NA the t71 might be better than the bulldog.

Hell, the Bulldog out classes a good number of T7 medium tanks.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jack_tripper posted:

Mastery in 6 games is pretty impressive. It's a tough tank to get it in.

I still haven't gotten it despite some pretty outrageous (for me) games.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Probably have a dozen Aces in my IS-6, such an easy tank to play.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1618414#swamp-axetrain-is-6

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Whoever said the Rhm. B. is unfun is insane. Doing tons of damage while remaining hidden in a turreted TD is great. If you like playing TDs at all, get it.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

T-44: should I go VStab, Rammer, Optics, or switch optics for a Wet Ammo Rack? They seem to blow up a lot.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think the T-44 has called for a WAR since they buffed the 'rack HP on it, but if it frustrates you go ahead. It's probably the worse choice looking at pure performance though.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Eh. I'll just keep the optics and train the loader on safe stowage. Thanks.

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”
There should be a medal for being the only person on your team to have a kill.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dukket posted:

There should be a medal for being the only person on your team to have a kill.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

PirateBob posted:

Whoever said the Rhm. B. is unfun is insane. Doing tons of damage while remaining hidden in a turreted TD is great. If you like playing TDs at all, get it.

The Roomba is awesome, it's the endless parade of poo poo tanks you have to grind through to get to it that sucks.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

saintonan posted:

The Roomba is awesome, it's the endless parade of poo poo tanks you have to grind through to get to it that sucks.

I started at the tier 4 and pretty much liked all of them except the St.Emil and the Flak bus.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

saintonan posted:

First time I took the Roomba out it was glorious and I had four kills obliterating poo poo with one shot. Second time it was in pubs, my team melted around me before I could even get a shot out and before I knew it four enemy tanks were on my poo poo and killed me. Haven't taken it out since.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

saintonan posted:

They're all good or decent. Even Sturer Emil with the upgraded gun is workable.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Valle posted:

Read again man. It's not for tomorrow, it's FROM tomorrow, and until wednesday.

Sweet mother. This is actually useful and won't create incentives for enhanced pubstar chicanery.

Or will it...?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Animal posted:

Eh. I'll just keep the optics and train the loader on safe stowage. Thanks.

Try not to show people the right side of your upper front plate, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

This is basically what heroic resistance and the "you did your own HP in damage" medal are.