Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It would be fine if they didn't shove it in everyone's faces. But you know tumblr, where strangest sexuality wins the grand prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

-seeks out things to mock and complain about-

STOP SHOVING THIS IN MY FACE!!!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
how dare you shove your sexuality in my face on your tumblr page that I have to specifically track down and navigate to

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh no, pull up thread, pull up! Noooooooo :ohdear:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:regd08:

E: Thread redemption time

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 13, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Magres posted:

:regd08:

E: Thread redemption time

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome to hell

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

This is still the Runescape thread right?

So here's my loot from the last ~16m xp to supreme slayer mastery:

Sold most of it for a cool 173m. Then I tried my luck with all the crystal keys I had:

That would be about 23.4m if I just sold them, but I wanted a chance at that sweet dragonstone armor so I tried my luck at the chest:

...it came out to about 18.3m. Oh well. I still have 9 triskelions that I'll do later.

So about how much total money did I make? When I started, I only had about 120m and level 80 weapons, and now I have all 90s. Drygores cost me about 100m, then ascensions were 180m each, and finally noxious staff I paid 250m for. Add at all up and comes out to a total of about 883m. :toot:

1447 tasks. 13052 slayer points. 1 cape with particools.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Augster posted:

This is still the Runescape thread right?

So here's my loot from the last ~16m xp to supreme slayer mastery:

Sold most of it for a cool 173m. Then I tried my luck with all the crystal keys I had:

That would be about 23.4m if I just sold them, but I wanted a chance at that sweet dragonstone armor so I tried my luck at the chest:

...it came out to about 18.3m. Oh well. I still have 9 triskelions that I'll do later.

So about how much total money did I make? When I started, I only had about 120m and level 80 weapons, and now I have all 90s. Drygores cost me about 100m, then ascensions were 180m each, and finally noxious staff I paid 250m for. Add at all up and comes out to a total of about 883m. :toot:

1447 tasks. 13052 slayer points. 1 cape with particools.

nerd

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

nerd with a nice cape :colbert:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Augster posted:

Holy poo poo that's cool, nerd :cheeky:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Augster posted:

haha you are gloating over pixels, you NERD :o:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Augs, what tasks do you block/prefer, and for what reasons? I just want to afk the day away and figured I'd pick your brain for advice, all the block/prefer discussion I've ever seen is for best xp/hour, not best xp/effort.

Like, for example, I'm really considering blocking Airuts because, while they're good xp and gp, it's way too much effort to disrupt their ragemode

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Post-120 slayer fun: I turned most of my points into runes

Magres posted:

Augs, what tasks do you block/prefer, and for what reasons? I just want to afk the day away and figured I'd pick your brain for advice, all the block/prefer discussion I've ever seen is for best xp/hour, not best xp/effort.

Like, for example, I'm really considering blocking Airuts because, while they're good xp and gp, it's way too much effort to disrupt their ragemode

I made a post here about prefer, skip, and block. All of my blocks are things that are boring, low xp, and weak loot. My prefers are fun (except elves), good xp, and good loot. If you really want to afk and miss out on airuts, just block them. Their weighting is high enough that you'll be spending points too often to skip them every time.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Did you know?
Two spirit is Native American poo poo, you clueless Canadian dweebs.

Did you know?
Although the value of lucky items has tanked,

I'm still getting them at a rate of ~once a month basically on just daily spins.

Did you know?
Pizza Lady's bank looked like this:

...before the start of her flash Find And Go Seek a Pizza Her Loot game!!

I had over 500m worth of stuff on my account, counting gold, miscellenia, ports goods, etc. And guess what? I'm giving it all away! Some of you are already aware as you've had chances to play the game. I'll pop on randomly throughout the month and announce when I'm doing the pizza hunt. The first person to find me using the clues given and trade me wins the prize!

Did you know?
Screenies were taken of the games taken place so far.

Game 1

Winner: Kayfabe
Note: Kayfabe initially ran right by me

Game 2

Winner: VonSchneider
Note: Quest required so some couldn't get to this one

Game 3

Note: Apparently 'ground floor' means on the world map and not in inside a cave even if it is ground floor.

Game 4

Note: I couldn't stop making puns and giving non-stop hints for this one, as you can see.

Game 5

Winner: FlexMentallo
Note: Flex knew where this was and desperately tried to rush the tutorial to get to me.

Game 6

Winner: Hedonquir
Note: I made goons do agility.

Game 7

Winner: Cherry Doom
Note: None

Game 8

Winner: Augster
Note: Augster found me incredibly fast for this one and I barely gave any hints.

Two of the games had 1m consolation prizes too. Keep playing, goons! I still have lots of cash, drygores, and even a bond or two to give away. Can't wait to screenie the bank after it's all gone.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Themata posted:

Did you know?
Two spirit is Native American poo poo, you clueless Canadian dweebs.

I got learned. :(

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Terces posted:

I got learned. :(

:-)

The next round of games went well. The participants seemed extra enthusastic about it.

Game 9

Winner: Pizza Man
Notes: Dear Reader got confused and went to the wrong mines.

Game 10

Winner: Dear Reader
Notes: I gave a clue that the location was in Karamja but did that one badly, resulting in everyone getting mad at the free giveaway. :(

Game 11

Notes: The 'howwwwwl' clue let everyone know where I was, along with the other clues. It was a bit of a mad rush.

Game 12

Winner: Imma Pizza
Notes: This resulted in a goon party in the little house.

Game 13

Notes: Several ran through the GE while trying to find me. This one had me giggling at everyone's rage.

Stay tuned for the next several rounds!

A great party was had after!

Pizza Pirate's name change is great.

:rory:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Loot from my 9 triskelions and their elite clues, teleport scrolls not shown:

About 5.5m or so.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Wild

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Card

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
i love how the goonparty is just me going "wat"

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
I dont know why but my system can run Rome II on ultra and yet not runescape on high. I know it's java or HTML5 but seriously?!

I swear I never use to have this problem. I remember the html5 beta running pretty well before.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/a=438/c=K4EcuFk59ns/view-idea?idea=18703

remember to like comment subscribe upboat and share!!!

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

So... does Jagex know? This is the second lucky item in two or three days.

Also, FYI: If you're a super rich goon, you shouldn't feel the need to cheat poorer goons out of their potential prize. :mad: You know who you are, nerd.

Game 14

Winner: HolyWrenchie
Notes: This game was for 100m with 2m as consolation prizes. Before I could even announce that if I was found in 10 minutes, I'd double the consolation prize for everyone, HolyWrenchie, out of sheer luck managed to run into me. :catstare: I had my online status off for sure this time so talk about insane luck. As a result, he changed his name to Holy Pizza.

A small party was had and before I could announce the next game, he hosted two of his own, offering 20m to each of the winners!

Bonus Game 1

Winner: Pizza Pirate
Notes: I joined in for fun, and spotted Pizza Pirate when I was in the Party Room. A mad scramble was caused towards the Falador West Wall as a result of misinterpreting clues.

Bonus Game 2

Winner: Swicky
Notes: This game ended fast due to the first clue being 'hail zamorak'. Swicky beat us with the use of teleports, but most of us already knew where to go. Thanks Holy Pizza for generously sharing your prize!

Game 15

Winner: Holy Pizza (1st), PizzaQueer (1st), Cherry Doom (2nd)
Notes: The most horrible place in all of Runescape, and it took everyone forever to get. Holy Pizza found it first - but generously declined the prize! This let Hedonquir, now the amazing as gently caress PizzaQueer, get the first place prize of 1 month of Miscellenia stuff + a Bond. Cherry Doom got there just in time to grab 2nd place, a Bond. Everyone else got 1m as a consolation prize.

I still have enough for several more games, so don't fret if you didn't win the big ones this time! I'll probably host the last game on double xp weekend.

In other news...

Runescape 3: We fill socks then fill our dogs.
Old School Runescape: We-

The Murder Mystery Visual Novel is coming along well! Yes, you heard right! The next Sims 2 Goonscape Adventure is being made in Renpy! It'll have music, sound, and interactivity!

e:

Themata fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 16, 2015

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
i did a thing

not regretting it, but gotta do the thing 3 more times

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

I got 99 smith banked for bxp. That'll get me my max cape.

what else should i do during bxp?

try for a 120?

EDIT: Just realized I can get 120 Firemaking for little money and little effort. I'll be trying to do some barbass for FM xp I guess

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 16, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
the 120 firecape does look amazing

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Hey guys - looks like they made elf city pickpocketing more profitable, and it's incredibly fast AND AFK xp, especially on bxp weekend. So if you're anywhere near the high-80s of Thieving, consider grinding to 91 or so to boost for a few clans this weekend and getting that 99.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Hey guys - looks like they made elf city pickpocketing more profitable, and it's incredibly fast AND AFK xp, especially on bxp weekend. So if you're anywhere near the high-80s of Thieving, consider grinding to 91 or so to boost for a few clans this weekend and getting that 99.

Still worth doing for the afk-ability, but I'm not sure they're actually any more profitable than they were. Spent an hour or so hitting every camp this morning and there's some improvements here and there (less sharks, more single-dose supers, no more tea at ithell) but overall its still pretty low profit per hour for level 91-98 content locked behind an entire quest line. I averaged ~100k per camp before being caught and locked out. If you're looking for hard/elite clues and afk experience it's still worth it I guess.

Dwarf traders is still the best thieving experience per hour (and considerable profit maybe?) as far as I know if you feel like setting up mousekeys and mashing 5 while you watch a movie or something.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Second 99. Now to never train this stupid expensive skill ever again :toot:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

Second 99. Now to never train this stupid expensive skill ever again :toot:

That is definitely woo worthy so...
Woo.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

I just got a lucky item yesterday. How many is Jagex planning on giving me?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

I just got a lucky item yesterday. How many is Jagex planning on giving me?

Here's a hint: They don't want you to leave. :ssh:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

SO YOU WANNA WORK OUT, GET FIT? HERE'S HOW

RESULTS GUARANTEED WITHIN TWO WEEKS OR YOUR GP BACK

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:tviv:

Can we switch from having a cit fund to having a fit find? We don't have problems getting cit done.

Get fit get rich!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Btw fit fund is an unironic idea. We largely have cit fund as a way to pass cash to our newbies who need it. Give to them in life as we give to them in game!

First draft fit fund rules: either pledge to do the fitscape program or maintain an active tflc log. Keep your chat and messages unfiltered to get as many chances to prove your glorious strength as you can. Talk in chat about your strength whenever called upon to do it.

Bonus idea: you can be challenged in chat to post a video. Do so, your challenger pays you a million or is shamed horribly. Fail to do so by the end of the week, forfeit your pay for the week.

Getting in shape is the best thing I have ever done for myself in my entire life, hands down. Do it and never look back. Please work out!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2w6isu/found_this_hater/

remember to like, share and upboat

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 17, 2015

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

you should keep that name for a while and piss off pubbies for a long time

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

As someone who was heavily into Rs1 and 2, I could never imagine trying to play this game again. Just reading these posts make my head spin it feels like a Korean MMO now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Muerte posted:

As someone who was heavily into Rs1 and 2, I could never imagine trying to play this game again. Just reading these posts make my head spin it feels like a Korean MMO now.

I've been playing on and off since ~04 and it's certainly changed - some for the worse, some for the better.

I still like it, although it's a very different games, especially the endgame. Buy a months membs and do dumb poo poo with goons, if you like it, stick around.