Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

dr.acula posted:

Ok so power levels are bullshit.. but what about Kili?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Kili
According to V-Jump, 1 Kili is 50,000 BP. I guess it's like using the metric system for power levels.
Also from the wiki:
In Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, Towa aims to collect Kilis. :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Some Numbers posted:

I think the best thing about this is in Japanese, Moria has an incredibly high-pitched, almost squeaky voice.

I'm really interested to see what Funi's version sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=results

Pretty good I would say.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Goddamn, he pulled the laugh off beautifully.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Some Numbers posted:

Goddamn, he pulled the laugh off beautifully.

I wonder if that's the limtus test for Funi VAs on One Piece. "Can you do the laugh? No? Get out!"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Covok posted:

I wonder if that's the limtus test for Funi VAs on One Piece. "Can you do the laugh? No? Get out!"

If it isn't, it should be.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IceCZ4LgyKA
This is a video of Freeza Race outfits. They can each be separated into four pieces (boots, top, pants, wrist). I count at least two capes skimming through - one of which belongs to a Great Freezaman outfit. If that's your intention, 2 of the head accessories are Great Saiyaman turban/glasses combo and the weird Daft Punk helmet.

Edit: Whoops, 3. Great Freezaman, Ox King, and Dabura's outfit.
Edit2: If you look around 2:54, there's a bunch of gnarly bio-armors and cyborg parts, too.

Holy crap that's a lot of costumes.

And hell yes Super Hero Space King Frieza here I come.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Holy crap that's a lot of costumes.

And hell yes Super Hero Space King Frieza here I come.

Make sure to add Hercule's Afro wig. Become a true ally of Justice alongside The Champ.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKca0J8TigU
This is a video of fuji3san. He plays ranked on Xenoverse with his Namek CAC. He specializes in melee combat, and shows what it's like to destroy spammers.
He also reminds me of Dhalsim, because he is constantly trying to stretch his limbs and whiff punish people. There's other videos uploaded by this same guy if you care to watch them.

Disclaimer: This particular match of his isn't the most exciting, it just shows how you could play keep-a-away/turtle mode and still come out on top.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWopE5lpqs Check this out. This other guy is just trying to spam super death balls against Fuji... and he Just Guards them all. The other guy just keeps trying to spam the poo poo out of him, and Fuji keeps his cool and melees the dude to death.

His style is so lame... I love it :swoon:

Exactly the kind of way I was hoping I would be able to play.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Evil Canadian posted:

His style is so lame... I love it :swoon:

Exactly the kind of way I was hoping I would be able to play.

It's amazingly appropriate that he plays a Namekian too. It's just lame enough for an actual Namekian.

And for the people following actual naming conventions for their CaCs, I'm naming my Namekian Timpani or Flute :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wanna run into a giant super menacing Namekian. The great... TRIANGLE.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Beware, Hurdy-gurdy!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fade5 posted:

I officially retract my misgivings about Xenoverse. This is the most amazing thing ever. :aaaaa:

There's also this:

A nice :master: by KaiserNeko himself in Kanzenshuu's Xenoverse thread.:allears:

Come on, give us a link.

edit: found it http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27266&start=9800

edit2:a lot of people seem positive about it though.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 13, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Firstborn posted:

\/\/\/ I like that! We aren't the only ones, because Bamco's custom saiyan is named "Seleri". :allears:

Oh goddammit I thought of Celery last night :argh:

Potato
Artichoke
Avacado
Parsnip
Rocket
Aubergine

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I'm gonna play a clueless Namekian called Bongo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I do wonder what the naming limitations are going to be. I mean, yeah, everyone wants to name their Saiyan a vegetable.. All the hundreds of thousands of people on the planet who will be buying this game. You're going to end up with every iteration of XxXSonPotatoXxX you can possibly think of.

Edit:

Brony Hunter posted:

I'm gonna play a clueless Namekian called Bongo.

That's so racist that it wraps back around to being funny!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I also intend to play Bulma's washout, waste-of-space third cousin, Jockstrap.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Apparently there is a mission that people farm that involves beating up Krillin, Tien and Yamcha repeatedly, which is hilariously appropriate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wanna play as a Namekian called Salt except I'm pretty sure about several hundred people will have the same idea.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I think my new plan is to go with Multiverse Bra, call her Bulla and see how many people I can get to rage that way.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is Goku gonna pull an Android 19 in DBM?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

New Leaf posted:

I do wonder what the naming limitations are going to be. I mean, yeah, everyone wants to name their Saiyan a vegetable.. All the hundreds of thousands of people on the planet who will be buying this game. You're going to end up with every iteration of XxXSonPotatoXxX you can possibly think of.

Names aren't reserved. Everyone can be just "Potato". I think it uses your gamertag or whatever if you actually intend to send any messages. It may also be like XXXX-12345, because I've seen like Potato(1421). I'll be getting it on Steam, and I don't know if you can change your gamertag of PSN ID for free... but you can on Steam, so if it's the first option, still good.
Consider that you don't need online to make your CaC, and then if you were to go online... what, would they ask you to change your name? It's been confirmed by people who currently have the game.

Here's a pretty okay Saiyan name gen: http://fantasynamegenerators.com/db-saiyan-names.php#.VJxz2_8EKA

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 13, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I think my new plan is to go with Multiverse Bra, call her Bulla and see how many people I can get to rage that way.

Good luck. The only ones that care about her call her that anyway. Name her Bla(h).

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So what are the unique traits of each race, anyway?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

a cartoon duck posted:

So what are the unique traits of each race, anyway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54a4Nq3dDg Starting at 00:50.

Earthlings
Racial Characteristics: Ki Attack Operation
Humans/Earthlings have balanced stats for both offense and defense. Ki energy refills automatically over time and attack power rises when maxed.

Saiyans
Racial Characteristics: Combat Instinct
A warrior tribe that has low health, but high attack power. Overall attack power rises when health drops under 25%. If a Saiyan falls during battle and are revived by a teammate, all stats are raised. Males have stronger regular attacks, but buffs last longer and special skills are slightly weaker. Females have higher recovery rates for ki and stamina gauges, but have less health. As of this writing, this is the only race confirmed to have the ability to transform.

Majin
Racial Characteristics: Endurance
The Majin race has high defense, but slow stamina recovery. When stamina is maxed, less damage is received. Males have more health, but lower movement speed. Females have higher movement speed, but lower health.

Namekian
Racial Characteristics: Recovery
Have low attack power, but high health and stamina refills quickly. Items are more 1.5 times more effective than other races and when health drops under 70%, it is regenerated automatically.

Frieza Clan
Racial Characteristics: Interference
Have high speed, but low attack power. When health drops under 50%, speed increases. They can emit a special beam that paralyzes the opponent’s body and effect their actions.

You then pick out of 3 options, which essentially mean "I like to fight long range with Ki", "I like a balanced approach", or "I like to fight up close", which determines your starting stats.
E: Also, your height determines something. The taller you are, the slower your movement speed and the higher your physical attack is.
E2: I imagine the paralyze beam (Freeza race) is probably one of their normal strings or something. It might refer to a special attack only they can learn. When you go to set attacks, not only is it filtered by race, but it is filtered by gender (ie - there is a separate icon for male/female earthling). Currently there are no attacks that are gender specific, though.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 13, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Firstborn posted:

Names aren't reserved.

That's probably the best news I've heard all day. Nothing is worse than starting up a new game and trying to figure out a name that isn't already taken.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Firstborn posted:

Names aren't reserved. Everyone can be just "Potato". I think it uses your gamertag or whatever if you actually intend to send any messages. It may also be like XXXX-12345, because I've seen like Potato(1421). I'll be getting it on Steam, and I don't know if you can change your gamertag of PSN ID for free... but you can on Steam, so if it's the first option, still good.
Consider that you don't need online to make your CaC, and then if you were to go online... what, would they ask you to change your name? It's been confirmed by people who currently have the game.

Here's a pretty okay Saiyan name gen: http://fantasynamegenerators.com/db-saiyan-names.php#.VJxz2_8EKA

You can't change your PSN ID at all, dosh or not. I wish you could though.

e: There's been rare instances where Sony have manually asked people to change theirs (probably racist names and such?) but they lost all their trophies in the process.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 13, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm listening a little more critically to the CaC voice sets, and Voice 10 sounds like TFS Vegeta at parts. I'm sure someone else would've noticed by now, but I'm picking up little things that are making me wonder if it's the same VA. Probably not, as their twitter only mentions Taka.

Specifically:
22:58 "Power pole... extend"
23:06 "Great Saiyaman!"
A few other instances, but, yeah.

\/\/\/ I'm either picking 7 or 9 for my Saiyan. I think I'd go with 6 for my Namek, and 10 or 5 for an Android.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 13, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm not particularly fond of any of the voices if I'm honest.. I guess Voice 7 and Voice 9 are my favorites.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Has there been any confirmation that CaC Saiyans change hair models when they go Super? I'd like to use one of the long hair styles but not if I just get yellow hair out of the deal.

Also, has anyone set up a steamgroup yet?

Esroc fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 13, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've read, with no actual confirmation, that going Super Saiyan on a CaC that it just dyes your hair without spiking it up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Esroc posted:

Has there been any confirmation that CaC Saiyans change hair models when they go Super? I'd like to use one of the long hair styles but not if I just get yellow hair out of the deal.

Also, has anyone set up a steamgroup yet?

They do not change hair styles. It just turns yellow. Kind of lame if you ask me since it works on Trunks.

Edit: This is per the Bandai stream from yesterday, the dude playing was answering questions.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Wow, that's pretty lame.

However, in more exciting news for PC users, apparently the game is at least somewhat moddable. I saw a video somewhere where they modded Broly into SSj God mode.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

Aurain posted:

I've read, with no actual confirmation, that going Super Saiyan on a CaC that it just dyes your hair without spiking it up.

So basically all of what DB fandom wanted for the past x decades? Thanks for the confirmation.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

To be fair, most of the hair styles are fairly spiky to begin with, but it would be nice to have a "Primary" and "Secondary" hair if you go Saiyan.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Every time I see this thread with 100+ new posts I always get hopeful that the newest Abridged episode dropped.

Anyway to add some content this post is where I admit that I actually do read Dragon Ball Z fanfics sometimes. The best one I've seen is Bringer of Death, which has Vegeta go SSJ on Namek instead of Goku and recasts Vegeta as the main character. The author is pretty obsessed with getting power levels right but the writing is really good at capturing the feeling of the show, especially the fight scenes. New chapters come out pretty regularly and last I've seen it was on the Otherworld Tournament arc of the story.

Another good one that I've found is Honor Trip, a story about Cell getting hit really hard in the head during his fight with SSJ2 Gohan and becoming a good guy. The story is all over the place but what I like about it is the amount of thought the author puts into his plot beats. For example Cell comes up with some really clever wishes to undo a lot of the damage he caused on Earth.

Of course nothing compares to Multiverse's visual storytelling. But Multiverse also has a written fanfic and it's pretty bad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

There was another "meh" 3/5 review of Xenoverse.. albeit from some game French review site called "Gameblog". Not super worried, but it's becoming a trend. Anyone have a source that says how actual Japanese gamers are enjoying the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

There was another "meh" 3/5 review of Xenoverse.. albeit from some game French review site called "Gameblog". Not super worried, but it's becoming a trend. Anyone have a source that says how actual Japanese gamers are enjoying the game?

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised. Almost no Dragonball Z game period has gotten above a 7/10 average and most are between 6 and 7.

Attack of the Saiyans, which is considered a generally well-made RPG and which is one of the highest-reviewed DBZ games of all time is 73 on Metacritic.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised. Almost no Dragonball Z game period has gotten above a 7/10 average and most are between 6 and 7.

Attack of the Saiyans, which is considered a generally well-made RPG and which is one of the highest-reviewed DBZ games of all time is 73 on Metacritic.

I haven't paid attention since the PS2 era.. I'm a PC snob.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I played the demo at GameStop last night at the 3ds/majora/monster hunter midnight release. It is rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

girls having different stats from guys is dumb

• Locked thread